Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014, 05:42 AM   #1
Fsudisney
Mouseketeer

Help me choose!

I got a great rate over Labor Day weekend for 3 nights. Either $212 a night at Poly OR $198 a night at BC. Now I can't decide where to stay!

A little background on us: we are AP's and go the parks often, so aren't as concerned about hitting the parks commando style. We will probably go into a park or 2 but likely not all day and mostly want to enjoy the resort, and do a character meal at one of the resorts depending on where we end up staying. We have a DD who is 5 and a DS who will be 3.
We have stayed at BC before for 1 night only, renting DVC points, but have never stayed at Poly.

Part of me thinks BC would be better, since I know the kids would love Stormalong Bay, and we can walk into Epcot so easily. BUT on the other hand I feel like we could Never afford to stay at the Poly otherwise. Should we jump on this chance to stay there? Poly will be having so much construction done at the time, so no fun pool for us to use that is super convenient and who knows what the beach will look like at that time. So I am not sure how enjoyable it would be for the kids.

Help me please! What would you choose?

Fsudisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:16 AM   #2
cassgoldman
Earning My Ears

The great deal comes from everyone jumping ship from the poly bc the construction is so massive even taking the main pool out at times! I'd call poly and ask what will be impacted at that time!
cassgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:22 AM   #3
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsudisney View Post
I got a great rate over Labor Day weekend for 3 nights. Either $212 a night at Poly OR $198 a night at BC. Now I can't decide where to stay!

A little background on us: we are AP's and go the parks often, so aren't as concerned about hitting the parks commando style. We will probably go into a park or 2 but likely not all day and mostly want to enjoy the resort, and do a character meal at one of the resorts depending on where we end up staying. We have a DD who is 5 and a DS who will be 3.

We have stayed at BC before for 1 night only, renting DVC points, but have never stayed at Poly. Part of me thinks BC would be better, since I know the kids would love Stormalong Bay, and we can walk into Epcot so easily. BUT on the other hand I feel like we could Never afford to stay at the Poly otherwise. Should we jump on this chance to stay there? Poly will be having so much construction done at the time, so no fun pool for us to use that is super convenient and who knows what the beach will look like at that time. So I am not sure how enjoyable it would be for the kids. Help me please! What would you choose?
I would absolutely choose Beach Club. From what I understand, the Poly won't have much to offer at that time. We are a couple hours away and take resort-only trips every now and then. I wouldn't want to hang out in a construction site, and you want to enjoy the resort...

Plus, the BC rate is cheaper!

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: