Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2008, 06:12 PM   #46
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amwhitaker View Post
Anyone have any good ideas where I can find an inexpensive FE? I sure wish the Dollar Store would sell them!
Someone used a neat gift bag hung on their fish on the repo. It worked just as well.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #47
Im_A_Princess
PLATINUM - Woo Hoo!

Location: Maryland ~893.52 miles from my FL home in Port Canaveral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
Our gift was actually one per family so I crossed off the staterooms that were linked. It ended up being around 124 and yes DS and I walked the halls delivering to everyone. There were always people out delivering. I don't think any of us knew what we were getting into. LOL!
I thought it was a lot of fun running into people delivering

And when we were looking for the "chest" room for the FE poker cards.

-Chrissy 116 days onboard DCL and counting...)
Im_A_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #48
Stepht5
Just trying to make it to our next Disney vacation....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRBB View Post
Yes. I'll send you a PM with the link where we had them made. It was a lot of fun deciding what to do and designing them for the FE.

Great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_A_Princess View Post
I thought it was a lot of fun running into people delivering

And when we were looking for the "chest" room for the FE poker cards.
Hey, I think resemble that last remark! LOL!
GF/Wonder Oct '05 GF/Wonder Feb '06 10nt Southern Wonder Sept '06 ABD Spirit of America Aug '07 15nt EBRC Aug '08/GF Sept '08 AKL Sept/Oct '09 First DVC trip! SS Dec '09 SS Grand Villa Oct '10 AKV Dec '10 DL March '11Magic Oct'11 Fantasy June'12TR for ABD Spirit of America http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1583209

Stepht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #49
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepht5 View Post
We were on the same cruise and we delivered to everyone on the list.

My gift was one per cabin. I think most people's are 1 per cabin.
we delievered out gift as one per cabin too.. and yes we delivered 139 cabins.. broke it in a few days but it was easy as so many people were on 6 and 2.

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #50
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahirsh View Post
What about if you are traveling without kids? Is is still fun to participate?
yes it is even more fun.. and besides you don't have to share the candy with them..LOL

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #51
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geffric View Post
yes it is even more fun.. and besides you don't have to share the candy with them..LOL
Or any of the other goodies!

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:54 PM   #52
BibbidyBobbidyBoo

AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRBB View Post
Yes. I'll send you a PM with the link where we had them made. It was a lot of fun deciding what to do and designing them for the FE.

Oh that was one of my favorite FE gifts too! I also wondered how you got those made... very cool!
2004 ASMU solo trip
2005 ASMO mom & kids trip (June-DD's birthday), ASSP mom & kids trip (Oct-MNSSHP)
2006 GF RPC & Disney "double scoop" cruise (family trip)
2008 Disneyland & EB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
2009 WDW @ FW & 7nt Western Cruise (family trip)
2010 DL (mom & kids road trip), WB TransAtlantic Cruise (family trip)
2011 DL & Wonder B2B repo & Alaska! (family trip), offsite WDW mom & kids trip
2012 DL Jan/Feb 2012 (w/friend), WDW/Fantasy 6/23/12 (family trip)
2013 Magic Galveston cruise (family trip), July DL (family trip)
2014 WB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
BibbidyBobbidyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:11 PM   #53
mommylovesdisneymore
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info
Old 09-12-2008, 08:21 PM   #54
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Each cruise is different. On our most recent, there were only 9 cabins participating. We did a sign up on the cruise meets section and closed it about a week before sailing. We also specified that gifts were to be minimal in expense, and focus on creativity. I've read of groups that did a price limit--we didn't specify, but only said "not costly." Each cabin was expected to give at least once, but certainly not every day. Most of us counted people--kids and adults separately...but some did "cabin" gifts.

Items included....Postcard of Magic in port, stickers, individually wrapped candies, pens/pencils, drink cup (small size, nice for excursions), magnets, Disney character note pad, "princess" bracelet, pirate tattoos, pirate eye patches, etc.

To keep it inexpensive, think dollar stores, things that come in bulk packages.....after Halloween sales (for pirate stuff). Like a package of 10 pencils might be $1 or $2. Anything with a pirate, ocean, or Disney theme works well.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:41 AM   #55
wallyb
Love My Stella-rella!
Crocs are Crack for Feet!
On ‘the list’ so treading carefully

Quote:

wallyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #56
khakismum
Not all who wander are lost....Hey, where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?

sub
Diane in Suwanee, GA |March 2013 Flower and Garden Show & Anniversary Trip Saratoga Spring Resort | Dec 2012 MVMCP AKV Kidani Village | Oct 2012 MNSSHP & Food & Wine Festival Saratoga Springs | April 2012 - Flower & Garden Show Wilderness Lodge |Dec 2011 - MVMCP Bay Lake Tower | Oct 2011 MNSSHP & Food & Wine Festival Kidani Village | April 2011 Flower and Garden Show Kidani Village |Dec 2010 - MVMCP Saratoga Springs | Oct 2010 MNSSHP & Food & Wine Festival | May 2010 20th Anniv. Celebration- Flower and Garden Show/WDW | Oct 2009 MNSSHP/Food & Wine Festival | Oct 2008 MNSSHP/Food & Wine Festival | May 2008 Mother's Day WDW/Flower and Garden Show | Oct 2007- MNSSHP/Food & Wine Festival |Dec 2006 - WDW/MVMCP | Dec 2005 - WDW/MVMCP/Western Caribbean DCL (Pirate Parrots of the Caribbean) | July 2004 - Eastern Caribbean DCL (Reality Break) | Nov 2003 - Food and Wine/MNSSHP
khakismum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:54 AM   #57
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahirsh View Post
What about if you are traveling without kids? Is is still fun to participate?
Quote:
Yep, what geffric said!

One cruise a friend and I went together on suprise gifts for about 20 cabins of DISers...as you know Wally, since you designed the logo for us! Why don't you just use that? (that's why I haven't mentioned what went in the bag....just in case....the time of year were you can easily buy what goes inside is right around the corner....wink, wink).

The above mentioned cruise didn't have a full blown FE exchange though we did have a secret Mickey exchange that folks signed up for. So there were guidelines for that agreed upon in advance.

For our WB Panama, because there were so many of us, we did FE teams. The teams had a specific day to deliver their gifts and each team determined how the gift was distributed. Some teams may have had a 'one per kid' deal or 'one per family' for the DISers that said they were participating in the FE exchange. Our team did dry erase boards with our logo, so we determined from the get-go that we wanted to give one to every stateroom that had a DISer on board. I think we just made it by the skin of our teeth!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:51 PM   #58
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I have just come back from the 5 night special cruise on the Magic and I delivered to all of the 127 cabins on the roster. I did decks 6, 7 and 8 in the afternoon of the Castaway Cay Day and then 2 and 5 on Friday. It took forever.

dolphingirl47
"Forever" being about 2 hours total for Hubby & me - probably wouldn't have taken so long if I hadn't had to stop and photograph every fancy door and extra special FE. And, we had the families on the "Deb & Steve" cruise to do, too. And talk about LOOT! I had an enormous sand pail FULL of goodies by the end of the trip. (No kids and the teddy bears don't rummage)

When we got back to the world, I spread it all out on a big towel to photograph the contents and then divided it up into scrapbookable, candy, pirate, etc. The candy got divided into "we'll eat it" and "we won't ". The later I put in a trick or treat bag with a note for the housekeeper's children. She was SO happy! We had a menagerie of towel animals THAT day, I can tell you!

I hand made my FE gifts using photos and scrapbook supplies. I figger for 150pieces it took me about 20 hours and cost around 40 -50 cents each. Could have done cheaper and easier, but it was fun to do and helped the time pass until the cruise. I also bought some extra little things for a few people I'd gotten a little closer to, on the thread.

It is so much fun to spread pixie dust! It's not what "stuff" you get out of it - you'll never know if everyone gave or not, and, in my view, it doesn't matter. You get the "magic dividend" by the effort, creativity, imagination you put into it.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:05 AM   #59
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
I hand made my FE gifts using photos and scrapbook supplies. I figger for 150pieces it took me about 20 hours and cost around 40 -50 cents each. Could have done cheaper and easier, but it was fun to do and helped the time pass until the cruise.
Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking but what exactly was it that you made - it sounds very creative and not expensive at all. I am looking for ideas for my FD exchange for my cruise in 5 weeks. I have a couple of halloween themed ideas as we are on a halloween cruise, but could do with some more inspiration! Thanks.
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:30 PM   #60
magicgg
Earning My Ears

We were also on the EBPC cruise and the 5 day after. So we had to bring two different sets of FE gifts to deliver. MY sister and her DH delivered them for the PC and then the four of us split the delivery for the 5 day. It took DH and I about an hour to deliver our portion about 65 FE gifts. We loved getting stuff everyday and seeing how clever and creative everybody was. My favorite gifts were the dry erase board and the new magnets on our door eveyday. We came home with a collection of them that now reside on our fridge and remind us everyday of the great 3 weeks we had on the Magic.
magicgg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: