Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2009, 09:54 AM   #121
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kha100399 View Post
does anyone know if there is wireless internet in the lounges, especially at AKL?

thanks!
unfortunately there isn't wireless in the lounges at AKL or the Poly. I was just there last week and could not find a signal. I was able to find a 3G signal and use my iPhone, depending where in the lounge I was sitting.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:13 AM   #122
kha100399
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
unfortunately there isn't wireless in the lounges at AKL or the Poly. I was just there last week and could not find a signal. I was able to find a 3G signal and use my iPhone, depending where in the lounge I was sitting.
thanks for letting me know.
kha100399 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #124
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Here's some more of the BWI CL.

Private check in (4th floor)

Key accessed door to the 4th floor Inn Keepers club:

Lounge:
Breakfast offerings:
Fruit (strawberries, melon, pineapple and blueberries), yoghurt, V8, and half grapefruits in the background

Danishes (they came fresh from the Boardwalk Bakery each morning) and preserves

Afternoon offerings:
Fruit tarts/brownie and cookies put out one afternoon (some days had little cakes/tarts, other days didn't).

Lounge - we never had a problem finding a seat.

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
ClareH37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:21 PM   #126
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Great photos of the BWI!!! Thanks so much for sharing them!!!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #127
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
YC Lounge has a view, it's just not "the" view -- of the lake, the Boardwalk and the pool. The lounge is small, but quite pleasant. My only complaint was that they closed the seating area between meal times (so they can set up) and at night. It would have been nice to be able to sit there, read, or work at times that the lounge was closed. Apparently, some of the lounges at WDW close between meal services and some of them dont.
Wow, does anyone know what lounges don't close?
Are they open 24 hours to go sit in?

I LOVE this thread!! Sure wish I could afford to stay CL.
Do you all think it is worth the extra money?
Old 06-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #128
ang38
A gift from the Yacht Club

You can sit in the one at the CR and the AKL 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishicouldgomoreofte View Post
Wow, does anyone know what lounges don't close?
Are they open 24 hours to go sit in?

I LOVE this thread!! Sure wish I could afford to stay CL.
Do you all think it is worth the extra money?
ang38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #129
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang38 View Post
You can sit in the one at the CR and the AKL 24/7.
Thanks. I found the answer in this thread after I posted that question.

But now I really want to know---
Do you all who have stayed Club Level---is it worth the extra money, and if so, why?

I SO would like to stay CL, and am trying to justify for our upcoming Juli trip.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #130
frdeb1999
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting all the pics!! We stay CL nearly every trip and it is deffinately worth the money for us. You can't beat the service, very convienent with the food and drinks throughout the day, love that they make my ADR's for me, and they go above and beyond with much more in many cases. It all just depends on what your looking for trip wise in terms of justification....we've never been sorry for booking it!
frdeb1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #131
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishicouldgomoreofte View Post
Thanks. I found the answer in this thread after I posted that question.

But now I really want to know---
Do you all who have stayed Club Level---is it worth the extra money, and if so, why?

I SO would like to stay CL, and am trying to justify for our upcoming Juli trip.
We stayed CL in Oct at the AKL and yes it was worth it because of the Sunrise Safari..that is the only way we would stay at the AKL again...it was nice to stay CL but we had a 40% off discount.

We are planning on staying BWI CL in Oct but honestly, I have been toying around the idea of cancelling the CL and just staying in a standard room to save $. THe lounge is nice and all but not worth the extra moolah
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:14 PM   #132
tarak
DIS Veteran

MickeyNicki - thank you so much for the AKL photos. I mentioned to my DH that I thought it would be nice to stay at AKL for two days before we go to the Poly and he agreed (I'm sort of suspicious, actually). But my main reason was for the Sunrise Safari. Since our son will be 3 at that point, we'll have a party of 5 and have to stay in a suite. So we're automatically CL.
And I'm hoping to do the Poly CL as well, but haven't made up my mind. At this point, the trip is going to cost a fortune, so the extra money doesn't even seem real now. 18 months from now, I'll probably think differently. But I think my kids will love it.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #133
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Thanks for the pictures, makes me glad I changed to the BWI CL instead of the BC.
This isn't necessarily directed at you, but I just wanted to chime in as someone who has stayed at the BWI CL. The service was great, we didn't use any of their pre-planning as it was a quick weekend getaway, and the food was fine. Same breakfast offerings (basically) as I had both times at Poly CL. The lounge is also just a big room. And the views were nothing to write home about. If you craned your neck, you could watch Illuminations.

I will be staying BC CL for the first time in less than 2 weeks. Truthfully, we got such an amazing discount, it was almost the same cost as our originally booked standard non-CL room. Anyway, I think it is just bugging me that everyone is downing the BC and YC lounge and its offerings when it looks exactly (in pictures anyway) as what I experienced while a guest at the BWI. Not everyone has to like everything, I personally would choose Poly over BWI CL in a heartbeat. One, based on resort location and two, based on the fact that I felt like I was being watched everytime I put something on my place, they were just hovering near me to replace it. Whereas at the Poly, things just quietly and subtly (although still quickly) were replaced.

Just my 2 cents.
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #134
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
This isn't necessarily directed at you, but I just wanted to chime in as someone who has stayed at the BWI CL. The service was great, we didn't use any of their pre-planning as it was a quick weekend getaway, and the food was fine. Same breakfast offerings (basically) as I had both times at Poly CL. The lounge is also just a big room. And the views were nothing to write home about. If you craned your neck, you could watch Illuminations.

I will be staying BC CL for the first time in less than 2 weeks. Truthfully, we got such an amazing discount, it was almost the same cost as our originally booked standard non-CL room. Anyway, I think it is just bugging me that everyone is downing the BC and YC lounge and its offerings when it looks exactly (in pictures anyway) as what I experienced while a guest at the BWI. Not everyone has to like everything, I personally would choose Poly over BWI CL in a heartbeat. One, based on resort location and two, based on the fact that I felt like I was being watched everytime I put something on my place, they were just hovering near me to replace it. Whereas at the Poly, things just quietly and subtly (although still quickly) were replaced.

Just my 2 cents.
I know they are refurbing the YC [and are working on or just finished the CL rooms], does anyone know if they refurbed the lounge? Pixs, if done?

We are really looking forward to the stay, even if its not "the best" according to some. Frankly, we love the hotel location and couldn't stay at CL without the PIN I received, so I am choosing to be grateful for the experience and to enjoy a bit of a perk....somehow I think it will make for a more magical trip than if I was worried about whether or not I got the ULTIMATE, BIGGEST, BRIGHTEST, BEST out there....

To others in the same boat, the discount CL'ers, wishing you a magical trip and a terrific experience!
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #135
cyndisun
Queen of the Split Stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
Not everyone has to like everything, I personally would choose Poly over BWI CL in a heartbeat. One, based on resort location and two, based on the fact that I felt like I was being watched everytime I put something on my place, they were just hovering near me to replace it. Whereas at the Poly, things just quietly and subtly (although still quickly) were replaced.

Just my 2 cents.
We stayed at the Poly CL for the first time last year. In the past we have stayed at AKL, BWI and GF CL's. I was thinking that some clubs have an advantage just because of their set up. The Poly for instance has a counter that the staff can stand behind and replace or "spruce up" the offerings. Some clubs, like BWI are working in much smaller spaces. I'm sure they all have their challenges.

We just (literally today!) booked reservations for August at YC CL (first time ever at YC) and Poly CL. We got a great rate with their summer savings deal. I'd love to see more pics of YC CL and I'd like to know if it has been recently refurbished like the rooms.

Great thread. I'm enjoying it. Thanks to all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: