Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2009, 12:05 PM   #91
MAGICX2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalliyan1 View Post
Hi, I'm considering booking a club level room however I don't know that much about them(obviously I'm going to research prior to booking....LOL) Anyway, can someone tell me about them.
Thanks in advance
I started this thread because we too would like to stay CL on our trip in 9/09 and had no idea where to start. There is also a Concierge/Club Level info Thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2071774

MeDH DS13DD10

Last edited by MAGICX2; 01-27-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: link
MAGICX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:57 AM   #92
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Here are a couple of photos I have of GF sugar loaf lounge

She made herself right at home in the lounge

Just back from another wonderful trip!
praline3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #93
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

DisneyChristmas (or anyone!) -- were you just at the Poly CL in December 08? Have they installed one of those espresso machines I saw in the AKL and (I think) CR lounge photos? Or is it just still the sad little Nescafe machines?

And has anyone tried the coffee from those espresso machines? Is it better? We'll be at the Poly CL in June and I would love some better coffee - that should have Kona in the lounge!
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #94
DisneyChristmas
Mouseketeer since '55

I'm not a coffee drinker - and I didn't notice. The CR 14th (and I believe the 12th too) have the new machines.

Sorry...

Anyone else???
DisneyChristmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #95
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyChristmas View Post
I'm not a coffee drinker - and I didn't notice. The CR 14th (and I believe the 12th too) have the new machines.

Sorry...

Anyone else???
Both the Atrium Club 12th floor and Tower Club 14th floor had the cappuccino machines. Anyway here is a picture of the one from the 12th floor.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #96
DisneyChristmas
Mouseketeer since '55

Hi again...

DH who does drink coffee says that the Poly lounge still had the old machine in December. DH says that it's one step up from a coffee vending machine.
DisneyChristmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:10 PM   #97
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Here's some photos from the Polynesian lounge (some old, some new):

Entrance

Kids Sitting Area

Fruit Display

Drinks

Food Area

Beverage Area

My dinner! Turkey skewers, white rice (I added soy sauce), and pineapple with caramel. The hot offering (in this case, turkey and rice) changes nightly, but everything else is basically the same every night. There's plenty of other offerings too, such as mini pitas with hummus, vegetables, cheeses, and smuckers uncrustables. And because you can eat as much as you want, it's easy to have dinner here.

And to top off this post, the amazing view from Hawaii's lounge:

DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #98
PirateMomma412
a.k.a Cap'n Beth Firepants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
You are welcome! This thread is awesome! I hope my pictures can help out fellow Disers!
You pictures are fabulous!! I was trying to decide between Poly CL & AKL CL, and your pics have convinced me that the AKL is worth being a little further away! We stayed at AKL in April & LOVED it! We have never stayed CL, and I am very excited!! We had thought about trying Poly because of the monorail convenience...but theres A LOT of difference price wise & id rather spend that cash in the parks! Thanks for your help!

PirateMomma412

Me DH
DD8 DS5
PirateMomma412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #99
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateMomma412 View Post
You pictures are fabulous!! I was trying to decide between Poly CL & AKL CL, and your pics have convinced me that the AKL is worth being a little further away! We stayed at AKL in April & LOVED it! We have never stayed CL, and I am very excited!! We had thought about trying Poly because of the monorail convenience...but theres A LOT of difference price wise & id rather spend that cash in the parks! Thanks for your help!

I am so glad they helped! Have a fantastic time!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:59 AM   #100
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Here are some pictures of the YC and BC lounge. IMO, they're the 2 worst concierge lounges at WDW (although I can't comment on CSR). Unlike the 3 monorail concierges (which emphasize their wonderful settings and views), these 2 lounges are small and unpleasant. Also, the lounge views are horrible - why couldn't they make the lounges facing water?

Yacht Club Breakfast Offerings:

Yacht Club Sitting Area:

Yacht Club Lounge View:

Beach Club Breakfast Offerings:

Beach Club Sitting Area:

Beach Club Lounge View:

DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:12 AM   #101
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Here are some pictures of the YC and BC lounge. IMO, they're the 2 worst concierge lounges at WDW (although I can't comment on CSR). Unlike the 3 monorail concierges (which emphasize their wonderful settings and views), these 2 lounges are small and unpleasant. Also, the lounge views are horrible - why couldn't they make the lounges facing water?
Thanks for the pictures, makes me glad I changed to the BWI CL instead of the BC.
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #102
LJD2143
DIS Veteran & DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Yes the lounge is open 24 hours with all the tables and chairs out there, except for the 20 minutes it takes to clean it after breakfast.

Also they have 24 hour fridge in the lounge that's always stocked with cans of Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite, so you could go in there at 1:00 AM to sit down and drink one.
Is this the case for all the Concierge Lounges (open 24 hours with soft drinks)? Specifically, SugarLoaf at GF?

Thanks Much
2000 Wilderness Lodge 2006 Polynesian 2007 Polynesian 2008 Polynesian/Disney Wonder 2009 Grand Floridian SugarLoaf
2010 Wilderness Lodge 2011 Bay Lake Tower 2012 Boardwalk Villas 2012 Beach Club Villas 2013 Boardwalk Villas 2014 Aulani 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas
LJD2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #103
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD2143 View Post
Is this the case for all the Concierge Lounges (open 24 hours with soft drinks)? Specifically, SugarLoaf at GF?

Thanks Much

The Polynesian is like that also. They have 2 floors where you can sit, each with a TV. We stayed GF main building concierge 4 or 5 years ago and don't remember sodas out during the day.
One night my DD asked one the employees who was putting away the food for a soda and she said no. The lounge was suppose to be open for another 30 minutes too. I went and "asked" her for it.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #104
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD2143 View Post

Thanks Much
The SL lounge is definitely open 24 hrs. It's the "lobby" of the SL building, and you walk through it every time you go to/from your room. Very convenient location, and there's no way for them to close it off.

I dont remember drinks being out 24/7, but then we mostly just drink water so I probably just didn't notice one way or the other.

The YC lounge is literally a "room" at the YC, with double doors. They closed the doors in between services and there was no way to get in to grab a drink or just find a place to sit once they closed the doors.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:35 PM   #105
svalencia1
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know about BW CL? Do they close the doors between service or are they stay open? We are driving down and were planning on relaxing in the CL if our rooms were not ready when we got there. I know my DBF will not want to go to the parks right away after driving that long. Thanks!
svalencia1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: