Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2008, 02:33 PM   #1
Welsh *Disney* Girlz
Mouseketeer

Not received booking confirmation letter

I've made 4 bookings in total since the middle of July and have never received a written confirmation letter from DVC.

I've rung & had them send me 2 confirmation emails ( one was for a stay at DLRP the past weekend ) but as I'm renting the points out it would be nice to have a letter to copy and send to the people who are renting the points.

I've told DVC twice that I haven't received the confirmation letters and apparently they've resent them but as yet I haven't received them.

Just thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has had any problems with their confirmation letters?

PS I receive marketing blurb from DVC so my address is correct on their system.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
squitty
With a little bit of Pixie Dust
Finds it hard to type with her eyes closed

Hi

Yes I had a similar problem with them. I booked OKW at the 7 month window and never received a confirmation letter from them till I rang them up and told them so. It took about 3 weeks after the phone call for the letter to arrive.
Strange as I never had any problem when I booked my home resort though.
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
mikki.young
Knows Dreams do come true!

Can you see what you booked online? Print it out if you can just in case. If it is not showing online stay on the phone with them until it is! I don't normally have problems with non home resort bookings but I always check online and that was how I caught an unexpected problem a couple of years ago when they canceled most of a booking!
Old 09-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
mantismad
Mouseketeer

Yes I to have not received the written confirmation for our two reservations this November. I have checked online and can see the reservations are showing so I am not worried and will take a copy along for checking in.
mantismad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #5
Everything Eeyore
Mouseketeer

I haven't received a confirmation letter for my DLRP trip this Oct either, and I booked it weeks ago. I had no problem last year with the letters when I did the same thing.

I'm also receiving marketing blurb from them. I just hope my park passes arrive in good time
Old 09-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #6
Ali and boyz
DIS Veteran

same happened to us last year. booked at the 11 month window and never received a confirmation even though I emailed the twice. I printed off the email and took it

Ali and boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:27 AM   #7
jjpenguin
A penguin with mouse ears & wooden shoes?
I'm going to sulk!!

Same here, leaving in 10 days and haven't received a letter yet. Booked about 2 months ago.

I have received my ME tickets and it's online, but it is a bit odd. It always used to take ages but this is ridiculous. I'm calling this evening to check (and confirm some other stuff)
July 1974 Offsite * Feb 1997 Offsite * Feb 1998 Offsite * Feb 1999 Offsite * Feb 2000 POFQ and Disney Wonder * March 2001 DLP Sequoia Lodge * Nov 2001 1st DVC trip VWL + OKW * March 2003 BWV + AKL Concierge * May 2004 HH + BCV for Star Wars Weekends * Nov 2004 OKW solo trip * Feb 2005 Disneyland * Sept 2005 DVC Member Cruise & Vero Beach * May 2006 Star Wars Weekends again, at BWV * Sept 2006 2nd Solo trip at ASMu and SSR * May 2007 Using up our AP at OKW - Pirates of the Caribbean Adventure on the 7 Seas Lagoon * Sept 2007 Very last minute quick fix solo trip at SSR! * Sept 2008 - DH and me at SSR

jjpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #8
Debs Hill
DIS Veteran

We booked the cruise using points in June and still haven't received a written confirmation. I have e-mailed and reqested another but nothing here yet. Also booked BWV (home resort) 3 weeks ago and no confirmation yet! Don't know what is happening!
debsx
Debs Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #9
Welsh *Disney* Girlz
Mouseketeer

Update

Just a quick update.

I mailed DVC on 18 September & on 20 September had an email back saying they were going to get a manager to look into why I hadn't received any confirmation letters. In the email they also provided details of my bookings.

Today I received confirmation letters for all 3 of my up & coming bookings. No date on the letters so I don't know when they were sent but it may be worth dropping an email requesting another confirmation letter be sent if you haven't received one ( I know I can check online but I still like the reassurance of having something in writing!).
Old 09-30-2008, 04:57 PM   #10
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

I booked on 25th August using developer points and cash. E-mailed them on Sunday to say I hadn't received any confirmations, had an e-mail back yesterday saying they would send confirmation letters out again and received confirmation of the cash reservation in the post today.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:03 PM   #11
joanflo
Mouseketeer

I haven't received confirmation letters despite phoning to request copies. In the end I emailed DVC and got this reply:
'We apologize for the delay in receiving your confirmation letters. It
appears there have been some challenges with the confirmation letters
mailed by our outside vendor. The issue has since been remedied. I have
requested new confirmation letters be sent. Please note, a confirmation
letter is not required for check in. As long as you have the
confirmation number and a Photo Id you will have no issues checking in.
You may also reconfirm your reservations via the Member Website as they
will be reflected as confirmed under Vacation Details. Should you not
receive these confirmations please let us know within 10 days of arrival
and we can email the confirmations to you.'
Hopefully things are sorted now.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:50 PM   #12
Sid74
Mouseketeer

Yesterday, I finally got the confirmation letter for a trip I booked for my sister to DLP that she went on 2 weeks ago!

I had booked it using my DVC points months ago and kept ringing to ask about a confirmation letter, I must have rung them every 2 weeks for about 3 months, and I kept getting told the letter was in the post.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #13
ALBA
Mouseketeer

We didn't receive confirmation letters for part of our trip, the thing was some of the nights were booked with developer points and these didn't show on our on-line account either.

DH called MS and they quoted the booking ref and said they'd get the confirmation letter our to us, but nothing appeared.

Didn't have any problems as check in at all.

Alba
2005 Thailand, Florida (Orlando & St Augustine), Dubai, Malaysia
2006 New baby arrived Apr 23rd, Oct-Orlando, Dec-Dubai
2007 Florida Tour, DVC member SSR, Dubai x 2, Orlando, Mauritius
2008 Dubai (May & Aug), Florida (Apr & Oct), DVC member AKV
2009 3 week Florida Tour (Anna Maria Island, Key West, Orlando), Dubai, Baby No2 arrived 2 Nov
2010 3 weeks in April/May BWV, DCL, SSR, Anna Maria Island....3 weeks in June/July Orlando...theme park overload
2011 Florida...Apr 3 week tour (OKW, Disney Dream & Anna Maria Island) Dubai x 2(June & Dec)
2012 Florida Added SSR DVC (April - Orlando & Disney Fantasy) (Aug - Anna Maria Island, Orlando & Vero Beach)
2013 Apr - Orlando & Disney Fantasy Eastern (San Juan) Aug - Anna Maria & Orlando
2014 Apr - Orlando & Disney Fantasy Eastern, Aug - Dubai
ALBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:57 PM   #14
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

I can relax now as I finally got confirmation of our developer points reservation today.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #15
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

Exclamation

I got my confirmation letter for BCV today which I booked on the 23rd of october which is not to long.

However I am desperately trying to a confirmation letter for a reservation booked for someone else using developer points which I need.
wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: