Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #76
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by karentan View Post
ooh, i'm intrigued! have you got a photo of this?
I'll see if I can get my DD to take a picture and post it later today! I haven't mastered the camera-to-computer yet - there's a cord involved and it baffles me!

Old 09-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #77
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by karentan View Post
ooh, i'm intrigued! have you got a photo of this?
OK - DD is home, now I can post pics!!

Here's the Safari folder (it's sturdy paper!)

Some of the information inside the folder:

Here's the birthday card left in our room for Tori's 15th birthday!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #78
Singinglizzie
DIS Veteran

Any new info on CSR Club Rooms?

I called one of the IPO offices day before yesterday to see if they could provide me with a number for the new Business Club Rooms Concierge that will be avail in Jan at CSR. I had to "nicely" argue with the CM that indeed CSR will be having club rooms in Jan. After placing me on hold and phoning his manager, he was very surprised to find out that indeed this will be the case. He said he was suprised that I was able to book this category, as the club rooms has not yet been built. Anyhow, he was to call me back to let me know to whom I should speak to, but I did not get a call back. I sure would like to have the IPO services available now when I need them. Anyone know who I should call this time??? Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:08 AM   #79
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singinglizzie View Post
I called one of the IPO offices day before yesterday to see if they could provide me with a number for the new Business Club Rooms Concierge that will be avail in Jan at CSR. I had to "nicely" argue with the CM that indeed CSR will be having club rooms in Jan. After placing me on hold and phoning his manager, he was very surprised to find out that indeed this will be the case. He said he was suprised that I was able to book this category, as the club rooms has not yet been built. Anyhow, he was to call me back to let me know to whom I should speak to, but I did not get a call back. I sure would like to have the IPO services available now when I need them. Anyone know who I should call this time??? Thanks for the reply.
I was wondering that too. I wonder if Disney has even put a CSR-IPO team in place yet. Here's a link to ********'s CSR FAQ thread (in case you haven't found it yet).

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....34215&page=134

I'm going to post your question over there. If anyone knows for sure, it's ********!

Last edited by RachelTori; 09-11-2008 at 05:17 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:31 AM   #80
earthelves
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikafreaks View Post

Were looking forward to more ALK CL info too~
Our first stay will be Oct 5th - 11th

Can't wait!

And thank you so much everyone that has posted!

WOW It Has Come Round Quick I Remember You Posting To One Of My Threads A Few Months Ago Remember And Say Hi I Leave In Just Over A Wks Time For AKL CL...
Old 09-11-2008, 06:28 AM   #81
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I was wondering that too. I wonder if Disney has even put a CSR-IPO team in place yet. Here's a link to ********'s CSR FAQ thread (in case you haven't found it yet).

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....34215&page=134

I'm going to post your question over there. If anyone knows for sure, it's ********!
A CM friend told me he was going into CLUB LEVEL training for a few weeks. I can only assume they do not have the team in place. Patience everyone, its not even October yet and they have not even started to convert the rooms to CLUB LEVEL. To me, this can only mean that when the rehab starts in Oct, the are probably going to have to start in the cabana section in order to complete the CLUB LEVEL rooms by 01/2009.

I'll email my friend to ask your question. Can you explain further what info you are looking for? I'm new to this CLUB LEVEL stuff.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:53 AM   #82
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

What hours are the IPO staff in the office to answer the phones? Many thanks in advance for an answer!

ETA: I just answered my own question... 9-6!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."

Last edited by PNO4TE; 09-11-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:09 AM   #83
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
A CM friend told me he was going into CLUB LEVEL training for a few weeks. I can only assume they do not have the team in place. Patience everyone, its not even October yet and they have not even started to convert the rooms to CLUB LEVEL. To me, this can only mean that when the rehab starts in Oct, the are probably going to have to start in the cabana section in order to complete the CLUB LEVEL rooms by 01/2009.

I'll email my friend to ask your question. Can you explain further what info you are looking for? I'm new to this CLUB LEVEL stuff.
Thanks ********! I think it would be important to know when there will be an IPO in place and what email address and phone # to contact them (and I realize this information is probably not yet available! ) We'd also like to know if they will provide Itinerary Planning similar to the current IPO's: making ADRs, Cirque tickets, arranging for surprises in the room, etc.

Also, will CSR-CL guests be eligible to book the Wildlife Discovery Excursion (that is the Safari open to ALL Club Level guests). Any other "perks" they will offer?

Thanks for your help and we'll try to be patient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
What hours are the IPO staff in the office to answer the phones? Many thanks in advance for an answer!
GREAT question Elin! I know I've gotten calls from them as late as 9pm eastern, but I don't know their official business hours.

Anyone know? I see you do!! Thanks for that information Elin!

Old 09-11-2008, 07:17 AM   #84
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
GREAT question Elin! I know I've gotten calls from them as late as 9pm eastern, but I don't know their official business hours.

Anyone know? I see you do!! Thanks for that information Elin!
Well, they had sent me a questionnaire by email. It suddenly occurred to me that their hours would probably be on it!

Now, wish me luck adding a night to our December trip AND adding the Wanyama Safari as a surprise Christmas present for Bob!

What do you think our chances of connecting a room only reservation to our AP Dining Package would be? I would hate to have to move, but we will be eating dinner at Jiko that night and wouldn't really need any additional meal credits.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:55 AM   #85
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Well, they had sent me a questionnaire by email. It suddenly occurred to me that their hours would probably be on it!

Now, wish me luck adding a night to our December trip AND adding the Wanyama Safari as a surprise Christmas present for Bob!

What do you think our chances of connecting a room only reservation to our AP Dining Package would be? I would hate to have to move, but we will be eating dinner at Jiko that night and wouldn't really need any additional meal credits.
Wishing you luck! That would be a great surprise for your DH for sure!

As far as connecting the reservations, I think they'll do that but will tell you there are no guarantees that you will be able to stay in the same room. I'm sure every effort will be made so that you don't have to change rooms!

We'll be interested to hear how that works out for you! (here's some more PD! )

Old 09-12-2008, 06:52 AM   #86
FeeFeeWhite
No longer needs to beg for updates at the Universal Orlando onsite resorts...well, at least she doesn't have to beg LOUDLY...

Tipping

What are the appropriate tips in this area?
Old 09-12-2008, 07:06 AM   #87
cruellababy
I'm a nosey bugger

Any specific info as far as BC CL? Just wondering if anyone has been lately and could give me an idea of what to expect? Thanks! and any menus for lounge offerings would be awesome!
Old 09-12-2008, 07:36 AM   #88
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Wishing you luck! That would be a great surprise for your DH for sure!

As far as connecting the reservations, I think they'll do that but will tell you there are no guarantees that you will be able to stay in the same room. I'm sure every effort will be made so that you don't have to change rooms!

We'll be interested to hear how that works out for you! (here's some more PD! )
I got it! And we have decided to spend the first night at CS since we will arrive late and the Safari isn't until the next evening. We ought to be able to check into AKL the next morning by 9:00 a.m. I would think!

Old 09-12-2008, 07:37 AM   #89
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Has anyone else called Disney Dining this morning? They have a new answering system and it starts with a chiming kind of sound! It then goes to a voice prompted system that allows you to zip right through to an agent! I am off to write Disney an attaboy email!

Old 09-12-2008, 07:37 AM   #90
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeFeeWhite View Post
What are the appropriate tips in this area?
The Concierge CMs do not accept "tips" - but many guests bring small gifts of appreciation for the IPO and lounge staff. And quite honestly, the best tip I feel I could ever give them for exemplary service is to email the executive offices with specific names and praise.

We tip Mousekeeping: there are 3 of us and we keep the room looking pretty neat and organized, so usually $5/day.

We tip for Turndown service: usually just $3 ($1/per person).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruellababy View Post
Any specific info as far as BC CL? Just wondering if anyone has been lately and could give me an idea of what to expect? Thanks! and any menus for lounge offerings would be awesome!
I'm surprised we haven't received any information yet on BC-CL. I've stayed at BC many times but never Club Level.

Anyone have ANY information for cruellababy?

I hope someone will post information for you soon. I also hope that when you return from your trip, you will come back and post about your experience. Thanks!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: