Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:24 AM   #751
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinfish View Post
Well, I've been absent from the Resort board since our last trip in September. It was our first club level stay and I'm hooked!

I'm taking a solo trip at the end of the month (just booked this morning) staying club level at the Boardwalk. I booked a standard room so what should I expect?
Without reading back through the thread, what view/room should I request? I'll be emailing IPO in a little bit. Is the IPO team at Boardwalk the same team at YC/BC? I'd like to use the person who helped me last time since she was fantastic!

Thanks again for allowing me to come back to this informative (and so very kind ) thread for more guidance!
Lucky you!! And you don't have very long to wait until your trip either! Sorry I don't know if it's the same IPO team -- but you can let us know, if you don't mind!

All I can tell you about the standard CL rooms is that you could have a bit of a hike to the lounge (maybe not though!) - but the rooms were all recently redone and are GORGEOUS!!

Have a magical trip and any pictures/comments you want to post here upon your return will be most welcome!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #752
pumpkinfish
Clothing Expert and Magic Giver of Dis Girl Club- Zeta Chapter
Thinks she knows who the Tag Fairy is (WRONG!)
Although, very cute, Tinkerbelle is an amateur!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Lucky you!! And you don't have very long to wait until your trip either! Sorry I don't know if it's the same IPO team -- but you can let us know, if you don't mind!

All I can tell you about the standard CL rooms is that you could have a bit of a hike to the lounge (maybe not though!) - but the rooms were all recently redone and are GORGEOUS!!

Have a magical trip and any pictures/comments you want to post here upon your return will be most welcome!
Thanks RachelTori for the virtual high-five . I'm kinda excited as I really wasn't planning on a trip in the next 6 months but I have the AP so might as well use it. I just shot off an email and I'll be sure to let you know if I can have Julia S. back to help me out. She really was so awesome in Sept.

About the pictures...I sure will try...I still owe you pics from the CL stay in Sept lol.

*July '84 Disneyland and Olympics*August '92 Offsite for 1st trip to WDW*Thanksgiving '94 Offsite for 1st family trip*December '96 Offsite for Christmas/New Year's*September '01 Offsite for OUR 1st trip*September '03 Offsite for our 2nd trip*September '04 PoP for 1 night/offsite for rest of our 3rd trip*April '05 Our 1st complete onsite stay @ POFQ*October '05 POFQ*February '06 POR with the girls!*February '07 PP- Our first trip together to DL!!!*October '07 POFQ*June '08 POP*September '08 BC-CL*Jan/Feb '09 BWI-CL (w/mom)*1st trip WELCOME HOME! OKW/Poly Oct '09*BWV Nov '09*BWV April '10*Poly/BWV XMAS '10*Feb '12 BWV birthday celebration!*Oct '12 BCV/GF*
The open road. The dusty highway. Come, I'll show you the world! Land! Sea! Excitement!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #753
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Yes, it is the same IPO team that services BW,YC and BC. If you book a standard room you will have a view of the quiet pool and garden suites. You will be very happy with your decision to stay at the BW. I love it there and it is all because of the cast members. They are the best by far on property.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #754
Tonyspad
Disney or Bust for us!

We are booked into a Poly GVCL room for our April trip. We have stayed in the Poly CL before and love it!!!!!

You can not go wrong at the POLY in CL
Old 01-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #755
lyndrajo3
Mouseketeer

Okay! I never thoguth I would be considering AKL CL but anyway.

How is the transportaion to the parks from this resort set up? Does it link with any other resorts (which ones)? Are the busses crowded?

Any info on the AKL transpo would be greatly apperciated.

I have thought of AKL kind of 'out of the loop' and out of the way of all the parks. Does anyone else have contrary opinions?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #756
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndrajo3 View Post
Okay! I never thoguth I would be considering AKL CL but anyway.

How is the transportaion to the parks from this resort set up? Does it link with any other resorts (which ones)? Are the busses crowded?

Any info on the AKL transpo would be greatly apperciated.

I have thought of AKL kind of 'out of the loop' and out of the way of all the parks. Does anyone else have contrary opinions?
We stayed AKL CL in Oct and it was great and I would love to stay there again but DH wont because AKL is just too far from everything for us. With the exception of one Epcot bus the buses ran smooth and were plentiful. The buses were not crowded at all and do not share with another resort.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #757
akdeputydog
Mouseketeer

Anyone have any feedback on what "room request" if any I should make for our May trip to AKL CL. We booked primarily in hopes of waking and seeing animals. It is just 3 of us - myself, DH and DD5. I've read there are areas of the CL which still have good animal viewing but also are close to pool area which would be nice.

Well bottom line just looking for some advice as to what to request in your experience. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #758
lyndrajo3
Mouseketeer

Thanks Mickeynicki! I guess my thought was correct. Maybe sometime in the future we will stay there but there are so many others closer to everything that I think we will try first. Unless the gals want to go here on our mommy only trip. hehehh
Old 01-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #759
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdeputydog View Post
Anyone have any feedback on what "room request" if any I should make for our May trip to AKL CL. We booked primarily in hopes of waking and seeing animals. It is just 3 of us - myself, DH and DD5. I've read there are areas of the CL which still have good animal viewing but also are close to pool area which would be nice.

Well bottom line just looking for some advice as to what to request in your experience. Thanks.
DH and I stayed on the 4th floor zebra trail, I cannot remember the room number but it was super close to the rear elevator that takes you right down to the pool and walkway to Mara.

That was great because it was right by our room but it was a pain to walk down the hall, turn right, walk down the hall to the front elevators to go up to the lounge (no access to lounge from the rear elevators).

We had the most amazing views of the animals, it was perfect! From 8am to night time we saw everything, totally unobstructed view!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #760
mirlow
Peace-Love-Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinfish View Post
I'm taking a solo trip at the end of the month (just booked this morning) staying club level at the Boardwalk. I booked a standard room so what should I expect?
If you booked a standard club level room you can request a BW view. It is just a request. I'm not sure how many of the standard CL rooms have a BW view? We just got back from a wonderful 8 night stay over Christmas. I loved everything! Here's a view from our room.

If you don't get a BW view I think the garden view would be quite lovely too.

I hope your trip is as wonderful as ours was
Old 01-08-2009, 08:20 AM   #761
pumpkinfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirlow View Post
If you booked a standard club level room you can request a BW view. It is just a request. I'm not sure how many of the standard CL rooms have a BW view? We just got back from a wonderful 8 night stay over Christmas. I loved everything! Here's a view from our room.

If you don't get a BW view I think the garden view would be quite lovely too.

I hope your trip is as wonderful as ours was
Your view was amazing! I can't wait until DH and I get the opportunity to visit over Christmas. Oh I'm sure the view will be great. I had my request confirmed by IPO (they are the same btw ) but what take what I get. The good news is my mother is now also coming So pumpkinfish's solo trip has turned into a mother/daughter trip and I am so excited! It's always more fun planning for someone new who will appreciate it all. She has never even stayed on property let alone deluxe let alone CL . I'm glad I'm able to do this for her.

*July '84 Disneyland and Olympics*August '92 Offsite for 1st trip to WDW*Thanksgiving '94 Offsite for 1st family trip*December '96 Offsite for Christmas/New Year's*September '01 Offsite for OUR 1st trip*September '03 Offsite for our 2nd trip*September '04 PoP for 1 night/offsite for rest of our 3rd trip*April '05 Our 1st complete onsite stay @ POFQ*October '05 POFQ*February '06 POR with the girls!*February '07 PP- Our first trip together to DL!!!*October '07 POFQ*June '08 POP*September '08 BC-CL*Jan/Feb '09 BWI-CL (w/mom)*1st trip WELCOME HOME! OKW/Poly Oct '09*BWV Nov '09*BWV April '10*Poly/BWV XMAS '10*Feb '12 BWV birthday celebration!*Oct '12 BCV/GF*
The open road. The dusty highway. Come, I'll show you the world! Land! Sea! Excitement!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:49 AM   #762
mirlow
Peace-Love-Disney

Oh, I just loved our view It was great because we had a larger balcony too. There were a couple of evenings where we double entertainment. We got to watch the performers on the BW and then there were carolers over in the courtyard. It was especially nice because the weather was warm for this time of year so we were able to enjoy being on our balcony. We'd get some cordials from the lounge watch the performers and top it off with fireworks from the MK!

That is great to hear about you bringing your mom. It will be so nice to share the experience with someone else! The service there is wonderful you gotta have someone else to talk about how great it is at the BWI .
Old 01-08-2009, 09:07 AM   #763
Bella O
Mouseketeer

just back - split poly and bc

Just back from an amazing, out of this world trip! We started at the BC cl, 2 bdrm suite for 3 nights, then were at Poly princess suite 4 nights. This was the king of all trips for us - my dd had a serious illness last year, and wanted to celebrate her now healthy self! plus we knew this would be our last trip with all the kids - two will be heading off to college soon. So wow, we really did it up! We loved both our stays - it was great staying so close to Epcot during the crazy holiday season, we've never stayed in this area before. CL there was fine - I felt like the IPO prior to the trip was more helpful than the on floor cl hosts in the lounge. They were nice and all, but not particularly helpful (one time my dh was waiting to speak to the one CL hostess and she was busy on the phone with an obvious personal call - and was getting annoyed that my dh persisted in waiting for her to get off the phone! Also, the food choices were fine, but nothing special (though the clam chowder was really good). I found the lounge too small (of course this was during New Year's time) and kind of depressing - dark and not really appealing. I hope they update this area soon. Having a two bedroom suite was incredible - it was on the 1st floor - we had to take the elevator to the 5th floor - not too bad as we weren't that far from the elevator. Our room overlooked the lake and bordered the main entrance into BC from the lake area. Very convienient to the pool - although it was too cold on this part of the trip to go in. We vastly preferred the Poly CL. We were in the Tonga building, which I initially thought would be a drag to walk over to Hawaii. But it was a close, lovely walk, and we only needed to go over there for the evening offerings - Hawaii had a beautiful lounge to sit and have a drink and look out at that incredible view. Our suite was trully unbelievable and the room of a lifetime. We overlooked the marina - Tikiman's photos do not do it justice - it had an amazing view - we could see and hear the fireworks/music and the electrical light parade from our patio/room! We had a perfect view of the Castle. We had our own concierge, Jeffrey who made our stay magical in every way. He was in our lobby in Tonga every day till 2pm. We had breakfast foods and snacks in this building as well. I thought the food was superior to the BC as well. I think because we were not at Hawaii, but they kept our refrigerators stocked w/bottled water and sodas - incredible! I just can't say enough about Poly CL (well the Poly in general - this was our first visit to the resort and we loved it!) I'd be happy to answer any questions about either CL. We enjoyed BC, but would not pay $$ to stay CL there again. We were ecstatic about Poly and would jump at the chance to stay there again - esp. CL!

BELLA

Old 01-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #764
juliebee
Mouseketeer

oh, Bella, that sounds like the most magical trip ever!! And what a wonderful thing to celebrate: health! I hope you will be sharing some pics from your rooms so we can all oooh and ahhh over them!

And I'm really thrilled to hear about your CL experience at the Poly because we just booked LV CL at the Poly!

last trip: March 20-28, 2009 - Poly LVC
next trip: Spring Break 2011
Old 01-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #765
pumpkinfish

Question regarding Innkeeper's:
What type of foods are available during the seperate offerings and what times are they offered?

Also, does anyone have the list of things I can have IPO add on for me such as goodies/cakes? I'd really like to make the room special for mom when we arrive.

TIA!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: