Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #61
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Information for those with Atrium Club or Tower Club reservations when checking-in

Unlike the other Deluxe Resorts where you tell the Cast Member at the bell stand outside your checking in for a Club Level reservation at the Contemporary when checking in for the Atrium Club or Tower Club, you tell the Cast Members working at the bell stand inside the lobby and from there they will call either floor to say that you have arrived.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #62
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikafreaks View Post

Were looking forward to more ALK CL info too~
Our first stay will be Oct 5th - 11th

Can't wait!

And thank you so much everyone that has posted!
Guess we'll see you there, we're staying AKV CL 10/4-12!

This is a suprise trip for our kids, they have no idea yet! I'm truly hoping we can get through the next 27 days without them finding out. I know they will totally freak, they've all wanted to go at Halloween time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #63
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore02 View Post
Susan,
I would love anything you can post about AKL. We are going in Dec. It is a surprise trip for me (so my dks think). I have left all of the planning to my dh and am curious as to what I am in for.

CR 1975
CR 1984
CBR 2003
CSR 2005
AKL 2008 Only 90 more days!!
That is a wonderfullllllllllll ALMOST surprise!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikafreaks View Post

Were looking forward to more ALK CL info too~
Our first stay will be Oct 5th - 11th

Can't wait!

And thank you so much everyone that has posted!
Woohooo! Right around the corner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycns View Post
I have way to much info/photos/etc to move them all over here...so I thought I would offer up a link that might be helpful.

Starting at post #30 (on page 2) of the trip report I wrote last year, we arrive at AKL. We were there September 2007. We stayed concierge and LOVED it. We did almost everything they offer. Bead activities, cookie decorating, Wanyama Safari, Simba's Club, Bush Camp for kids, cultural activities, animal watching, swimming, eating (Jiko, CS, room service, ordered special cakes, ordered special edible treat), took the buses, shopped...well, pretty much, we did almost everything there and I took pictures and/or wrote about most of it and posted it to that trip report. I have pictures of our rooms, our views, assorted shots around the resort, favorite CMs, the Wanyama safari and more.

I hope that helps.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1585715&page=2
I loved your trip report! I had read it before and loved all the details and pictures you had there. One of my favorite parts (I know...odd) was when you were sitting on the porch in a rocker waiting for your family and called to check on your dad. My eyes teared up and it was just one of those special moments. Great family... great report!
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #64
scrappinmom
Still Tagless.......

jaycns - I've just spent an hour...reading not only your AKL trippie, but the whole dang thing! What a wonderful report! Thanks for all the info!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #65
Soccer Princess
DIS Cast Member
you would never find me with the old hammer again!

Does anyone know if the CL at the Polynesian still offers the yummy pineapple bread for breakfast?

Is there a list of the dinner offerings for AKL?

Also, a few questions from DH
What beers and wine are offered? Can you request beer before/after the evening offering times or is that looked down upon? lol.

Thanks!

Last edited by Soccer Princess; 09-08-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #66
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Princess View Post
Does anyone know if the CL at the Polynesian still offers the yummy pineapple bread for breakfast?
They had it last December, so I assume they still have it.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #67
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinmom View Post
jaycns - I've just spent an hour...reading not only your AKL trippie, but the whole dang thing! What a wonderful report! Thanks for all the info!
I am glad it helped someone. I know I absolutely eat up any and all information about the resort that we will be staying at during our next trip. I was hoping that our experiences at AKL could help someone else in their planning. I am glad you enjoyed the AKL parts (and the rest). Let me know if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
I loved your trip report! I had read it before and loved all the details and pictures you had there. One of my favorite parts (I know...odd) was when you were sitting on the porch in a rocker waiting for your family and called to check on your dad. My eyes teared up and it was just one of those special moments. Great family... great report!
That was one of my favorite moments IRL. I loved the thought that I was just starting on my vacation adventure, I had already had so much fun AND my dad was doing so well. It was a moment that I will always remember. Not to mention those cool breezes coming from the open door. HA HA HA. That really is a great place to kick back and relax.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:02 AM   #68
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Answered. . .

Quote:

What beers and wine are offered? Can you request beer before/after the evening offering times or is that looked down upon? lol.

Thanks!
I came here after the Polynesian FAQ thread--I answered your questions over there!
Old 09-09-2008, 05:33 AM   #69
ang38
A gift from the Yacht Club

At AKL they had 2 different African beers plus the regular beers. Hubby said the African ones were very good. You can get beer or wine whenever you want it. You just have to ask the CM there and they will get it for you.

The dinner offerings were 2 or 3 different kids of meats a night. One night they had lamb meatballs. Another skewers of lamb or beef short ribs, or wings. Every night that part changed.Everything was absolutely delicious! They also had out hummis and veggies and a few dips and flat breads, an olive type salad, breads and rolls. I'm sure some-one has a list out there~

Quote:

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2008, 06:13 AM   #70
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang38 View Post
At AKL they had 2 different African beers plus the regular beers. Hubby said the African ones were very good. You can get beer or wine whenever you want it. You just have to ask the CM there and they will get it for you.

The dinner offerings were 2 or 3 different kids of meats a night. One night they had lamb meatballs. Another skewers of lamb or beef short ribs, or wings. Every night that part changed.Everything was absolutely delicious! They also had out hummis and veggies and a few dips and flat breads, an olive type salad, breads and rolls. I'm sure some-one has a list out there~
I just looked through all my paperwork - we stayed AKL-CL and Poly CL in late July. The Polynesian includes a list of each day's Evening Service (5-7pm) menu at check-in. (mine says "updated March 21, 2008").

AKL gives you a beautiful personalized Safari folder at check-in. All the Offerings names and times are listed, but no menu was included. (I also checked from our April stay - no menu then either.)

MACHEO (Sunrise Offerings): 6:30am
For our early risers - coffee and assorted juices.

MIAMKO (Adventurous Awakenings): 7:00am - 10:30am
Start your adventure with an asortment of fresh fruits, juices, pastries and cereals.

VITAFUNIO (Safari Snacks): 11:30am - 3:00pm

Take a mid-day break and enjoy a selection of African snacks and beverages.

CHAI (Afternoon Tea): 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Sit back and relax with imported loose leaf teas, assorted freshly baked scones, cookies and biscuits. A daily must in Africa!

KISIKUSIKU (Twilight Offerings): 5:00pm - 7:00pm
After an exciting safari, take pleasure in an array of wines, hors d'oeuvres, and savor African specialty appetizers from our resort restaurants, Jiko and Boma.

REHEMA (Evening Indulgences): 8:00pm - 10:00pm
Revisit your day's activities or plan for tomorrow while treating yourself to a sampling of fine desserts and a variety of premium cordials.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:27 AM   #71
cruellababy
I'm a nosey bugger

Can anyone give me any insight into the CL @ the BC? Have never stayed there and looking for info; where to begin? Thanks!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:47 AM   #72
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
AKL gives you a beautiful personalized Safari folder at check-in. All the Offerings names and times are listed, but no menu was included. (I also checked from our April stay - no menu then either.)
Thanks for this list! I'm planning a Christmas '09 stay at the AKL CL and this answers one of my questions.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #73
akdeputydog
Mouseketeer

More ADR help

Ok - upon recommendations from here I will try to use the IPO for our CRT ADR. Now here's another question. I know the IPO will only help with ADRs that correspond to our stay at AKL. But here is the thing....we are doing a split stay. So 4 days at CSR and 6 at AKL. The day I want the ADR for CRT is one of the days we will be at AKL but Disney has that feature for guests regarding ADRs (the 180 days + 10) my question is do you think the IPO will make an ADR for me using this system of 180+10d.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #74
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post
Thanks for this list! I'm planning a Christmas '09 stay at the AKL CL and this answers one of my questions.
Glad to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdeputydog View Post
Ok - upon recommendations from here I will try to use the IPO for our CRT ADR. Now here's another question. I know the IPO will only help with ADRs that correspond to our stay at AKL. But here is the thing....we are doing a split stay. So 4 days at CSR and 6 at AKL. The day I want the ADR for CRT is one of the days we will be at AKL but Disney has that feature for guests regarding ADRs (the 180 days + 10) my question is do you think the IPO will make an ADR for me using this system of 180+10d.
Don't worry about the "180+10" feature when IPO is handling your ADRs. As long as they have the information they need from you at about day 200, you'll be fine! Make sure they know your party size & desired time and they'll do the rest! They won't let you down.

If it will make you feel better, put in a call to the AKL IPO (407-938-4755) and ask them how confident they are that they can get that very important reservation for you. They will be glad to speak with you and will put your mind at ease.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #75
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
AKL gives you a beautiful personalized Safari folder at check-in.
ooh, i'm intrigued! have you got a photo of this?

24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip! 8 nights ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 7 nights POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL club level and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 - 7 nights last minute trip at Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover 7 night Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL club level, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland resort, 05/99 - disneyland resort paris, 7/98 - WDW family trip, 11/92 - WDW family trip, 11/91 - WDW family trip

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: