Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 09:39 AM   #46
scrappinmom
Still Tagless.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
Hey guys... would love to help with the thread. I am heading to AKL in just a couple of weeks... Let me know if there is anything I can find out or get in pictures to help here. My experience with IPO there and Don and Sue and so many more has been top notch!!

So make a list and check it twice...LOL...
Susan - omg my list would literally take up your whole trip! I've never even stayed at AKL before, so to stay there and stay CL is a bit overwhelming to me right now....I would love to see more pictures of the lounge, of the view from your room, wondering about what food is offered when. Are you going on any of the safaris? Are you doing DDP? I'm wondering if DDP AND CL is too much food? kwim? Thanks for any input you can give...& Have a magical trip!

Old 09-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #47
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinmom View Post
Susan - omg my list would literally take up your whole trip! I've never even stayed at AKL before, so to stay there and stay CL is a bit overwhelming to me right now....I would love to see more pictures of the lounge, of the view from your room, wondering about what food is offered when. Are you going on any of the safaris? Are you doing DDP? I'm wondering if DDP AND CL is too much food? kwim? Thanks for any input you can give...& Have a magical trip!
LOL I haven't stayed there either so it will be a good thing to post whether I think you all know or not right? We are doing the Platinum plan actually as we have a lot of the behind the scenes things we wanted to do. We are going on the sunrise safari. Too much food? I'm traveling with 2 boys, 12 and one that turns 17 on the trip...so there really is no such thing as too much food.
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #48
minniesota
Land is a good thing, too
Glad to be of service!

Woohoo - a new CL thread!

Here are some pictures of the GF RPC (Royal Palm Club) lounge which is in the main building. These were taken last October after the latest renovations. Enjoy! Can't wait to get back there...

Old 09-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #49
akdeputydog
Mouseketeer

AKL CL ? from a control freak

OK - we are staying at AKL CL next spring and I have already communicated with the IPOs there. Here is my question since I confess I'm an obsessed planner and a control freak----I really really want to take my princess-loving DD5 to CRT so should I just do the ADR reserving myself or entrust a IPO with it? Anyone out there entrusted and IPO with CRT ADRs? THANKS.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #50
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail View Post
I don't suppose it matters, since BWI shares IPO with Yacht and Beach--but when they contacted me the address was boardwalk.itinerary.planning@disneyworld.com
Thank you! (that makes more sense anyway! ) I'll see if I can confirm that is the address to make initial contact with BWI's IPO, and if so, I'll make the change in the first post.

Thanks again!

WOW - Awesome pictures, minniesota! Thanks so much for sharing!

You all are being so helpful. Thank you EVERYBODY!!! (we do love our CL stays, don't we?!! )

Old 09-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #51
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdeputydog View Post
OK - we are staying at AKL CL next spring and I have already communicated with the IPOs there. Here is my question since I confess I'm an obsessed planner and a control freak----I really really want to take my princess-loving DD5 to CRT so should I just do the ADR reserving myself or entrust a IPO with it? Anyone out there entrusted and IPO with CRT ADRs? THANKS.
Make sure the AKL IPO has your credit card # and make sure they've confirmed with you about a week or 2 before the 180-day mark that they know exactly what you want; then trust them! They will get you CRT and anything else you've asked for! They are truly fabulous!

Old 09-07-2008, 12:49 PM   #52
GoofyJoofy
What's a Counterless Guy to do?
How about: PLAN ANOTHER TRIP!!!
It's pretty easy to amuse the Tag Fairy...

Quote:

When we went, we let IPO paln all of our ADRs including CRT. We got a great seat at the time we wanted (before MK opened). We didn't have the hassle of making the calls to get in.

Letting IPO make all of our ADRs allowed us to concentrate on other parts of our planning. All of the seating locations we had, we thought, were great seats.

Yes you can trust IPO, just make sure you spell out what you want. And like it was stated before, if you want something that requires a credit card to hold the reservation, make sure they have the correct information.

Enjoy the trip and enjoy CRT.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #53
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I completely agree with RachelTori and GoofyJoofy, we are staying AKV CL Oct 4-12 and IPO had no problem making our CRT at the exact time we wanted. Be sure to have your requests to them BEFORE your 180 day mark and I doubt you'll be disappointed.

I too am a completely obsessed planner and although it was difficult to give them the control and wait to see if they got it I decided to let the stress of waiting take the place of getting up in the dark and 'hoping' I could get the ADR myself.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #54
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

I have to say this about the IPO at AKL...

We were origonally traveling with another party and so our rooms were linked together as were all our ADR's. They cancelled a few weeks ago for medical reasons and guess what happened? All our ADR's were cancelled along with theirs. When did I find out about it? AFTER... mind you AFTER the IPO had been allerted and had already rebooked all of them and sent me a new itenerary with the new numbers. I trust them even when I am not on the look out for trouble. Above and beyond they have gone for us.
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #55
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Great photos Minniesota!!!!
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
Old 09-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #56
eeyore02
Earning My Ears

Cl-akl

Susan,
I would love anything you can post about AKL. We are going in Dec. It is a surprise trip for me (so my dks think). I have left all of the planning to my dh and am curious as to what I am in for.

CR 1975
CR 1984
CBR 2003
CSR 2005
AKL 2008 Only 90 more days!!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #57
pikafreaks
Mouseketeer

Were looking forward to more ALK CL info too~
Our first stay will be Oct 5th - 11th

Can't wait!

And thank you so much everyone that has posted!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #58
akdeputydog
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the AKL IPO input

Thanks you all for the input on trusting the IPO for ADRs. I'll take the advice and let them work their magic making sure of course I contact them at least 2 weeks before the 180 day mark. Thanks again.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #59
matthew_hull
The Once and Future Disney Fan

AKL lodge

Be sure to sign up for the AKL safari tour, which shows you the animals of the AKL safaris up close. It is the best!

"Speak softly, and carry a big lens."

Old 09-07-2008, 09:42 PM   #60
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

I have way to much info/photos/etc to move them all over here...so I thought I would offer up a link that might be helpful.

Starting at post #30 (on page 2) of the trip report I wrote last year, we arrive at AKL. We were there September 2007. We stayed concierge and LOVED it. We did almost everything they offer. Bead activities, cookie decorating, Wanyama Safari, Simba's Club, Bush Camp for kids, cultural activities, animal watching, swimming, eating (Jiko, CS, room service, ordered special cakes, ordered special edible treat), took the buses, shopped...well, pretty much, we did almost everything there and I took pictures and/or wrote about most of it and posted it to that trip report. I have pictures of our rooms, our views, assorted shots around the resort, favorite CMs, the Wanyama safari and more.

I hope that helps.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1585715&page=2

Last edited by jaycns; 09-07-2008 at 09:52 PM. Reason: PS I LOVE AKL, feel free to PM me with any specific questions you might have, I would be happy to offer up any info I have. :
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: