Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 10:43 PM   #31
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Rachel~great new thread...lots of CL info and pics already

Old 09-07-2008, 12:09 AM   #32
disneyfreak2
Mouseketeer

Anyone have pictures of WL-CL breakfast or rooms???? I know somebody has stayed there before... Please, I need to see some pictures to make sure I made the right decision ..I looke at allears.net but they don't show the food and the pictures of the rooms are very good.

Thank you

Disney Art Of Animation - October 2013 "First Disney Trip with Grandson"
Disney Wilderness Lodge, CL - December 2009 "Our 1st Christmas at Disney World"
Disney Coronado Springs Resort - March 2008
Disney All Star Music - June 2006
Disney Wilderness Lodge - October 2005
Disney Coronado Springs Resort - October 2005 "With parents, sister and niece's 1st trip"
Disney Magic Eastern Cruise - October 2004 "Daughter's sweet 16 Birthday "
Disney Yacht Club - April 2002
Disney Carribean Beach - October 2000

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/jj0v9zccf7t9gcsu.png[/img]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2008, 12:24 AM   #33
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Thanks for starting up this thread! I'll be checking it often, especially before our next trip with 2 club-level stays. I hope to get some great information from everyone on this board!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 09-07-2008, 12:43 AM   #34
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Thanks RachelTori for starting the new thread. I've already gotten some great tips. It never occured to me to send the CR IPO my CC number to be able to hold the CRT ressie with b/c we will be on the Deluxe DDP. Hopefully they will be able to work their Disney magic, and get us the CRT dinner ressie we want on Mother's Day 2009.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 09-07-2008, 05:12 AM   #35
barrysprot36
Mouseketeer

I think this is a great thread We've just booked our first ever CL stay at CR Atrium Club over Christmas 2009.

Caron

Aug '97 ~ DLP Sequia Lodge
Aug '02 ~ WDW Indian Ridge Villa
Aug '03 ~ DLP Newport Bay
July '04 ~ CBR
July '06 ~ CR, RPR, AKL
Aug '07 ~ CBR, Poly, free DDP
Aug '08 ~ POFQ, BCV, GF,
May '09 ~ WL CL Aug '09 ~ OKW, VB, SSR, BLT Dec '09 ~ Pop, OKW, BLT, CR Atrium & BCV
May '10 ~ Pop, POR & OKW Aug '10 ~ CSR, RPR & BLT Oct '10 ~ BWV, AKV & BLT
May '11 ~ Sunset Lakes Villa & Vero Beach
July'12 ~ BCV, BLT & Sunset Lakes Villa
Nov'12 ~ DLP Newport Bay
April'13 ~ Pop, RPR & BLT August'13 ~ BLT & OKW
May'14 ~ VGF & Kidani September'14 ~ WBTA, RPR & BLT
Old 09-07-2008, 05:46 AM   #36
Dawn68PA
DIS Veteran

I must say....the Poly has the most original looking fruit I've ever seen!
Old 09-07-2008, 06:49 AM   #37
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
Most all of Walt Disney World resorts are going through major upgrades and updates. GF has just finished and Caribbean Beach is in the middle of some very fun and exciting changes (pirate themed rooms with “Black Pearl” décor). Coronado Springs is next. They will be replacing the double beds with queens and new furniture to suit modern tastes; but still in theme. Another 100 rooms will get upgraded to king beds (224 total). One building (cabana 9b) will be transformed into a “Business class” club level building with rooms described below. The décor is still being tweaked, so cast members still have not seen the prototypes; but construction will start next month. The aim is to provide a level of experience that is equal or better to most upper end resorts outside of Disney. For instance, all of the rooms now are getting modern flat panel TV’s. Tables are being replaced with desks so that floor space is preserved after putting in larger beds. Most of these updates are done with great stealth, so visiting guests will not be aware that changes are happening. New rooms will just magically appear and some buildings simply won’t be available for a short period. Walt Disney World, as you would expect, is getting itself set to continue to be the best vacation destination in the world. Some accommodations are getting a little out of date, so Disney is moving up to the future.

Business Club Level services include personalized Front Desk and Guest Services, turndown service and a lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks and evening wine (additional fee) and cheese. All Business Club Level Rooms have two queen-size beds or one king-size bed, desk and chair, vanity area with sink, a ceiling fan and a bathroom. All rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include DVD player, in-room wall safe, voice mail, data port, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, mini-fridge, robes and coffee maker. A crib is available upon request. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. These rooms offer views of the lake, courtyard or parking lot.
Great information, ********! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to add that 2nd paragraph to Post #1. When we learn of a phone number and email address, I'll get that added too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride'03 View Post
Hello
Congrats on the launch of this thread!!!!

How can I help? Not too many CL stays under my belt...but had THE best time at the Yacht Club CL!!

Have some pics of the room, lounge...the BEST CM's in their IPO, I think they share the office with BWI and BC as well!

The CM's on CL made us feel like royalty..and our GV room was upgraded to a LV room, and our request for a King was requested!

What a great job Laura!!! Lots of great info already compiled here!!! Especially about CSR!! Just read about that!

I am hoping my waitlist for CL comes thru for AKV in a few weeks!!!
Hey, my friend! Glad you're here! Now how about some of those YC pictures?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak2 View Post
Anyone have pictures of WL-CL breakfast or rooms???? I know somebody has stayed there before... Please, I need to see some pictures to make sure I made the right decision ..I looke at allears.net but they don't show the food and the pictures of the rooms are very good.

Thank you
Jaycns' family will be there soon and Jay has graciously offered to take pictures for us.

It will still be awhile before she gets back and posts the pictures (we don't want to rush your trip Jay! ), but maybe by next month we'll have some recent WL-CL pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Thanks for starting up this thread! I'll be checking it often, especially before our next trip with 2 club-level stays. I hope to get some great information from everyone on this board!
And I see you're staying at my 2 personal favorites!

Old 09-07-2008, 08:15 AM   #38
cruellababy
I'm a nosey bugger

Thanks for putting all the info in one spot! We'll be staying CL at the GF for our Easter break. Can't wait!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:06 AM   #39
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

Here is some information on the Wildlife Discovery Excursion. This is an awesome tour and a lot of people do not know about this.
From All Ears

http://allears.net/tp/ak/wildexcursion.htm
Wildlife Discovery Excursions
Animal Kingdom

Guests staying on the concierge level at a Walt Disney World Deluxe Resort can take advantage of a unique tour called Wildlife Discovery Excursions. An animal expert will accompany you in a specialy designed climate controlled vehicle for a one hour journey into the 110 acre savannah at Disney's Animal Kingdom. (Tours began February 2005).

This tour is very educational and full of information regarding Disney's animal programs. You stop at pre-selected locations in the savannah for photo oportunities. The tour is held rain or shine (unless the weather is severe). During our tour it rained quite heavily at times, however the animals were out all over the savannah.

Small groups (14 maximum) head out for this adventure twice a day at a cost of $45 each. A portion of the proceeds are donated to the Disney Wildlife Conservation Fund. Advance reservations are required. Contact your concierge or resort itinerary planner at your deluxe Disney resort.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #40
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Yc Cl

This was our room, I had sent in a wedding photo to the IPO, and they had puchased a frame for me, and had it all set up for us to surprise DH..(celebrating our anniversary)......Our huge balcony on the CL floor!!...... Our room
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
Old 09-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #41
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Animal Kingdom Lodge CL

Hey guys... would love to help with the thread. I am heading to AKL in just a couple of weeks... Let me know if there is anything I can find out or get in pictures to help here. My experience with IPO there and Don and Sue and so many more has been top notch!!

So make a list and check it twice...LOL...
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #42
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

Smile

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts_news.htm If you scroll half way down once this page uploads, you will see new pictures of the BWI refurb rooms as well as the new Innkeepers lounge. (I hope this link works?) The food offerins go like this.

7-10:30 Continential Breakfast which consists of Cereal, fresh fruit, Bagels,
PAstries, Juice, Coffee
11-4 Snack Time-this is cookies, pretzels, Goldfish Crackers, Lemonade,
Soda, Icetea.
5-7 Hot Appetizers-Each day is different but they come from Spoodles,
ESPN, Flying Fish. The have an assortment of crackers, cheese,
humus, Peanut butter/Jelly Sandwichs, Vegis and dip. They also
servie 5 different kinds of wine as well as beer.
8-10 Dessert which comes from the Boardwalk Inn Bakery. Over the last
2 yrs they have cut back on this because guests were abusing this.
The have an assortment of Cordials to drink. If you prefer wine,
please do not hesitate to ask. You can also ask for a large bottle of
water to be brought back to your room.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #43
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Great information, Maxie86! I'm going to add that in Post #2.

Love the pictures, DisneyBride'03! What a beautiful job the CL staff did dressing up the room! (love the munchkin in the pictures too! )

Susan, we'd love pictures of your room/the view; the lounge/the food; and anything else you'd like to share from your trip. Have a wonderful time!

nascargirl - the link works and those are awesome pictures of the BWI rooms! Thanks so much!

Old 09-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #44
jackemail
DIS Veteran

I don't suppose it matters, since BWI shares IPO with Yacht and Beach--but when they contacted me the address was boardwalk.itinerary.planning@disneyworld.com
Old 09-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #45
scrappinmom
Still Tagless.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycns View Post
Assorted shots in AKL's concierge lounge. Sorry that my family seems to be "intruding" on most of them. The last picture was taken from a balcony off of the hall near the elevators on the 6th floor (right outside the concierge lounge).]
THANKS! Those are some great pics! So is the lounge kinda open to the lobby????? or is it a closed off room? The gifts they left for you look fun....did you do any of the safari's that are offered?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: