Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:48 AM   #1501
Family24
Mouseketeer

I have a question regarding park hopper passes. We will be staying Poly concierge next January on a room only reservation. I am confused about people asking to put their tickets on the room keys. I know when we went to disney last time which was a little over a year we just slid the room key cards into the machine. We were on a package last time will this make a differnce? Also, we have purchased tickets in the past at the Disney store when not on a package. Is this the best place or are there better deals somewhere else. Thank you!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #1502
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family24 View Post
I have a question regarding park hopper passes. We will be staying Poly concierge next January on a room only reservation. I am confused about people asking to put their tickets on the room keys. I know when we went to disney last time which was a little over a year we just slid the room key cards into the machine. We were on a package last time will this make a differnce? Also, we have purchased tickets in the past at the Disney store when not on a package. Is this the best place or are there better deals somewhere else. Thank you!
If you're "on a package" the tickets are included on your room key (KTTW). When you piece the trip together yourself -- reserving the room then buying tickets separately -- your room key will not work to get you into the parks UNLESS you have the tickets added to your room keys. (hope that made sense! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyeag View Post
We are staying 12th floor MK view this coming Christmas. We used the military discount for the few days we could and bought the reg. dining plan. We did not include tickets at the time because there was confusion over the military deal with tickets. It would not be worth dealing with the military ticket deal as we are arriving on the 21st and they expire on the 23rd.

My question is, if we buy tickets on post here, will the cm be able to add our paper tickets to our KTTW cards? I really prefer to have it all on the one card. Basically, I am trying to decide to buy tickets when we check in, or buy them at a slight discount on post and get them added on when we arrive.

Thanks for your thoughts!
As long as they are WDW tickets, no matter where you purchased, they can be added to your KTTW cards. I think it's definitely worth it to buy the park tickets anywhere you can get a discount on them; no matter how small the discount! (it all adds up!)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2009, 10:02 AM   #1503
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bichard View Post
I have just booked a Garden View, handicap accessible concierge room at the Beach Club.

My first choice had been Boardwalk Inn Concierge, but sadly, they did not have a room for my entire stay, and I don't want to move mid-vacation.

I have searched this and other bulletin boards looking for information and photos without much success. The information that I have found is often several years out of date. So...

Where is the Concierge lounge? I assume on the 5th floor. Does it face Crescent Lake? How big is it? One posting said it was very small and difficult to navigate in a wheelchair.

Where are garden view concierge rooms? I assume facing towards Beach Club Villas. Are concierge rooms on all floors or grouped on the higher floors?

Has anyone got recent photos of the concierge lounge?

Andrew
We stayed BC CL last summer with our Grand Gathering. My mom uses a wheelchair and she didn't have any problems either with the room or the lounge. The gv CL rooms are all on the 5th floor, same as the lounger. Her room had a full balcony and looked out over the courtyard of the main back entrance. If you looked to the left you could see Crescent Lake. We liked BC CL so much that we booked it for two weeks this summer. Have fun!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 03-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #1504
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
I have just booked a Garden View, handicap accessible concierge room at the Beach Club.

My first choice had been Boardwalk Inn Concierge, but sadly, they did not have a room for my entire stay, and I don't want to move mid-vacation.

I have searched this and other bulletin boards looking for information and photos without much success. The information that I have found is often several years out of date. So...

Where is the Concierge lounge? I assume on the 5th floor. Does it face Crescent Lake? How big is it? One posting said it was very small and difficult to navigate in a wheelchair.

Where are garden view concierge rooms? I assume facing towards Beach Club Villas. Are concierge rooms on all floors or grouped on the higher floors?

Andrew
The lounge did not face Crescent Lake when we stayed--it overlooked the front entrance. We found it small in comparison to other CL lounges, but have no idea of the maneuverability with a wheelchair. Seating was very limited inside the BC lounge.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #1505
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyeag View Post
We are staying 12th floor MK view this coming Christmas. We used the military discount for the few days we could and bought the reg. dining plan. We did not include tickets at the time because there was confusion over the military deal with tickets. It would not be worth dealing with the military ticket deal as we are arriving on the 21st and they expire on the 23rd.

My question is, if we buy tickets on post here, will the cm be able to add our paper tickets to our KTTW cards? I really prefer to have it all on the one card. Basically, I am trying to decide to buy tickets when we check in, or buy them at a slight discount on post and get them added on when we arrive.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Yes the Cast Members can add your paper tickets onto your KTTW cards and it's something my family and I have asked the Atrium Club Cast Members to do in the past.

The only types of tickets they can not add onto the KTTW cards is the Annual Passes since they don't sell them over there.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #1506
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Andrew

I've got too little time to do the search right now (have to leave for a meeting), but I remember a pretty detailed report about a Poly CL stay (think it was lagoon view?) at the disABILITIES board. It came with pictures, I remember the picture with the view, don't know the rest. I'll look later this night if I can find it again, so you can read it.

Also, work the search engine on poly CL tripreports. Or google, and use google to find pictures with the words 'poly concierge lounge'. Pretty good chance you'll be linked to trip reports right here on the DIS with pictures of the lounge! (I like TR's with pictures, gives me a good idea of layout and how well I would be able to get around with my powerchair)

One thing I did find in a sec; http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1708173&page=3

Posting# 36 and 37; all about Poly CL.
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Always keep wishing, dreaming and hoping.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #1507
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Magic! View Post
I do not want to sound cheap but I would like to have a little something for our 3 kids when we arrive at the Poly. I want this trip to be like a dream for out kids and I would love to have a little special something waiting for them when we arrive. Thing is I do not want to phone the IPO and sound like a cheapy, the Disney Florist does not really interest me for under $75 and $225 for a little suprise is a little to much for my lovely little monsters

So I was hoping that I could hear some ideas about gifts that others have had waiting for thier little ones and if you would not mind price ranges. Thank you so much
I think having autograph books and pens waiting is a perfect idea! They will use those the whole time and won't miss one single autograph.

Our other thing we do (and my kids are MUCH older now and still do it) is the pressed penny holders. We get pressed pennies and quarters all through the parks and resorts and they make great cheap souvineers!

My last one that I would suggest is a lanyard with their favorite charactors and a couple of pins to begin pin trading at Disney.
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #1508
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

I wanted to order a cake for my daughter's birthday. I know some people have had issues using the cake hotline. I was wondering if I should try going through IPO or if i should talk to the concierge once we get there? (We wouldn't want the cake until the middle of our trip.) Has anyone done this through IPO? Does the Poly have any special kind of desert I should think about? Thanks.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club Upcoming Trips: Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Old 03-20-2009, 04:55 AM   #1509
Andrew Bichard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofieslonglostsis View Post
I remember a pretty detailed report about a Poly CL stay
My wife and I are World Showcase/International gateway people not MK/monorail people. Most every year we stay at Boardwalk Villas but this year we don't have enough points for our entire stay. Our initial plan was to start out at Boardwalk Inn concierge, then just move across the looby mid vacation, but there was no availibility for a handicap room for our entire stay at the Inn.

We were advised to try Beach Club because they have far more handicap rooms and indeed we successfully booked a handicap room there at concierge level. Trouble is Beach Club concierge does not seem well liked on this board and what few photos I have found, don't give me a lot of confidence. My wife & I won't even make use of Stormalong Bay!

Great location - shame about the concierge facilities!

(perhaps we will try again for Boardwalk Innkeeper's Club in a few weeks, to see if we can catch a cancellation)

Andrew
Old 03-20-2009, 05:54 AM   #1510
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Andrew, am I understanding correctly that you are currently booked at BC CL, but still not sure if it is what you'ld want? I can understand your reasoning. What I've read from BC CL doesn't enormously excite me neither. SAB isn't an important thing for me either, it would be purely location.

With your family doing more around that area, would it be an idea to do AKV and than standard BC? Hopefully something will open up for you guys, but it's good to have a back up plan. I do agree that the area would be more of a logical choice for your family than the Poly CL.

How easy do you find it to get a HA room at BWV? I'm thinking about perhaps renting points and try out either BCV or BWV for a next trip and see if I like the location as much as I'm thinking I'll be. And somehow BWV appeals to me more, so I'm curious about your experiences.
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Always keep wishing, dreaming and hoping.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:59 AM   #1511
MomsOf2boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel girl 1975 View Post
I wanted to order a cake for my daughter's birthday. I know some people have had issues using the cake hotline. I was wondering if I should try going through IPO or if i should talk to the concierge once we get there? (We wouldn't want the cake until the middle of our trip.) Has anyone done this through IPO? Does the Poly have any special kind of desert I should think about? Thanks.
I ordered my son's through IPO and had no problems whatsoever. We got it 1/2 way through our visit and had it delivered to our room on his birthday. It was waiting on us when we came back for our midday break, complete with cloth napkins, plates, candles, and matches. They also left a card signed by characters... all this and for my son's 17th birthday....
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 03-20-2009, 07:05 AM   #1512
brentalex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family24 View Post
You can get some better deals on tickets by purchasing them online. You should subscribe to the mousesavers.com newsletter. Each month there is a link to undercovertourist.com They sell discount tickets and using the link in the newsletter you can get even a bit more of a savings. If you order the tickets from there, when you get to the resort you can ask to have the tickets added to your room key if that is what you want.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #1513
LJD2143
DIS Veteran & DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
I ordered my son's through IPO and had no problems whatsoever. We got it 1/2 way through our visit and had it delivered to our room on his birthday. It was waiting on us when we came back for our midday break, complete with cloth napkins, plates, candles, and matches. They also left a card signed by characters... all this and for my son's 17th birthday....
Can you tell us WHEN and WHERE (i.e. which resort) you had your cake delivered? I was hoping to do the same thing this September!
Thanks!

ETA: Oh - and the cost, if you don't mind?
2000 Wilderness Lodge 2006 Polynesian 2007 Polynesian 2008 Polynesian/Disney Wonder 2009 Grand Floridian SugarLoaf
2010 Wilderness Lodge 2011 Bay Lake Tower 2012 Boardwalk Villas 2012 Beach Club Villas 2013 Boardwalk Villas 2014 Aulani 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas

Last edited by LJD2143; 03-20-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #1514
Family24
Mouseketeer

Thanks Brentalex - I do receive newsletters from mousesavers so I will check that out next time I receive one. I assume they have all the different park options? I have never read through since we had a package last time and the first time I just got the tickets at the Disney store. Thanks again for your help!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #1515
MomsOf2boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD2143 View Post
Can you tell us WHEN and WHERE (i.e. which resort) you had your cake delivered? I was hoping to do the same thing this September!
Thanks!

ETA: Oh - and the cost, if you don't mind?
I had IPO order the cake at AKL. I just said Chocolate, small, I think it was 6", for Tyler. I have no recollection what it ended up costing...Not a ton or I would have remembered . They asked if we wanted it served at one of our ADR's or brought to the room. We had a very long day, with a MK Train tour at 7am, CRT at noon, and MNSSHP that night! I asked that it be delivered to our room at midday and we went back for pool and relaxation around 2 and it was there and waiting for us.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: