Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #136
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by karentan View Post
what kind of things did you get done? i'm trying to figure out something to surprise DH with.
The IPO can "shop" for you if you tell them what type of surprise you'd like (and if you have no ideas, you'll be amazed at what the AKL IPO can come up with for you! ) You can ask them to call you and they will happily discuss some "ideas" with you!

Also, here are some of the edible treats you can order through them:

Cookies and Milk: $29.50
Fresh baked Chocolate Chip Cookies with a carafe of milk.

Honeymoon: $49.80
A cold bottle of house champagne served with zebra striped strawberries.

Indaba: $49.80
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Chocolate logo with brownies and chocolate animals.

Karibuni: $80.93
Fresh and dried fruit with deluxe cheese and crackers.

Kwa Heri: $61.01
One dozen of our assorted truffles in a customized Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge box.

Jambo: $31.13
A fruit basket with an African flare. Apples, oranges, bananas, mango, kiwi, and a bunch of grapes.

HTHs!

Old 09-24-2008, 03:05 PM   #137
properlywarnedyebe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Wow! Yes, deluxe rooms are Club Level! Is your trip soon? It is possible that you were upgraded.

The way you could find out for sure is to send an email to BC Concierge with your reservation #: Yacht.Beach.Club.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.co m

Please keep us updated. And if you are on Club Level, we'd love to hear about your stay (with any pictures you care to share!).
Well, I emailed the BC and per IPO we have a standard Deluxe waterview-no concierge. It's totally confusing. She said we could upgrade, but we're not going to. Oh well. We are still excited about the BC anyway. Thanks again!

1975-1992 Offsite with the Family, 10/00-ASMO/MNSSHP, 07/01 -Atlantis, Paradise Isl. Honeymoon, 07/02 AKL-1st Anniversary, 08/03 CBR, 07/06 Poly-5th Anniversary, 2ndB-day, 04/07 Pop Century-DH turns 30! 12/08 AKLV/BC-MVMCP/Early Chrismukkah! 8/09-Free Dining @ POP! 8/10-Poly 12/10-BW 10/11-DISNEY DREAM!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2008, 03:14 PM   #138
pumpkinfish
Clothing Expert and Magic Giver of Dis Girl Club- Zeta Chapter
Thinks she knows who the Tag Fairy is (WRONG!)
Although, very cute, Tinkerbelle is an amateur!

Surprises...

Well IPO is helping us out with some snacks/drinks in our room from club level since we will be arriving late Friday night after club level is done serving...need something to hold us over for our walk to Epcot and my Grey Goose slush!!
But the main thing is my surprise to DH. This trip is a triple-threat celebration of his birthday (last Friday), our 8th anniversary (yesterday ), and congrats for DH making the fire department (after 2 years of fighting for it). IPO was able to find a few WDW firemen items including a mug and figure of Mickey & fireman. It was so easy and they (Julia) was so gracious. I called and passed along my cc info and they purchased the gifts. She will have them set up in the room so he sees them when we walk in. She offered to giftbag them but I asked them to be displayed.
If we were staying longer (only 2 nights) I would have taken advantage of some of the yummy treats we can purchase...there is always he next time .

*July '84 Disneyland and Olympics*August '92 Offsite for 1st trip to WDW*Thanksgiving '94 Offsite for 1st family trip*December '96 Offsite for Christmas/New Year's*September '01 Offsite for OUR 1st trip*September '03 Offsite for our 2nd trip*September '04 PoP for 1 night/offsite for rest of our 3rd trip*April '05 Our 1st complete onsite stay @ POFQ*October '05 POFQ*February '06 POR with the girls!*February '07 PP- Our first trip together to DL!!!*October '07 POFQ*June '08 POP*September '08 BC-CL*Jan/Feb '09 BWI-CL (w/mom)*1st trip WELCOME HOME! OKW/Poly Oct '09*BWV Nov '09*BWV April '10*Poly/BWV XMAS '10*Feb '12 BWV birthday celebration!*Oct '12 BCV/GF*
The open road. The dusty highway. Come, I'll show you the world! Land! Sea! Excitement!
Old 09-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #139
pumpkinfish
Clothing Expert and Magic Giver of Dis Girl Club- Zeta Chapter
Thinks she knows who the Tag Fairy is (WRONG!)
Although, very cute, Tinkerbelle is an amateur!

Quote:
How exciting! I don't believe the IPO staff would be at all offended by a recap email. AKL's IPO always sends me an itinerary with the details. And they have always responded cheerfully to my email or phone contacts with them confirming (surprise) details that might not show up on the itinerary!

Have a wonderful vacation. Maybe I'll see you at WDW!

Please post about your BC-CL experience - any information at all is welcome (and pics)!
Thank you for your feedback...and don't worry, I'll take LOTS of pictures and post my tales of BC-CL (well, once we get moved into our new house...the weekend after our trip So much left to do!).

*July '84 Disneyland and Olympics*August '92 Offsite for 1st trip to WDW*Thanksgiving '94 Offsite for 1st family trip*December '96 Offsite for Christmas/New Year's*September '01 Offsite for OUR 1st trip*September '03 Offsite for our 2nd trip*September '04 PoP for 1 night/offsite for rest of our 3rd trip*April '05 Our 1st complete onsite stay @ POFQ*October '05 POFQ*February '06 POR with the girls!*February '07 PP- Our first trip together to DL!!!*October '07 POFQ*June '08 POP*September '08 BC-CL*Jan/Feb '09 BWI-CL (w/mom)*1st trip WELCOME HOME! OKW/Poly Oct '09*BWV Nov '09*BWV April '10*Poly/BWV XMAS '10*Feb '12 BWV birthday celebration!*Oct '12 BCV/GF*
The open road. The dusty highway. Come, I'll show you the world! Land! Sea! Excitement!
Old 09-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #140
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinfish View Post
Thank you for your feedback...and don't worry, I'll take LOTS of pictures and post my tales of BC-CL (well, once we get moved into our new house...the weekend after our trip So much left to do!).
WOW! Congratulations to you and your DH! And how sweet of you to surprise him with the WDW fireman items!

Best wishes for a magical trip and many years of happiness in your new home.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:17 PM   #141
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by properlywarnedyebe View Post
Well, I emailed the BC and per IPO we have a standard Deluxe waterview-no concierge. It's totally confusing. She said we could upgrade, but we're not going to. Oh well. We are still excited about the BC anyway. Thanks again!
Aw, I'm sorry that they caused so much confusion with your reservation. Yes, you'll still have a great time at BC. And be sure and say "hi!" to Art the Greeter! He IS the BC!!

Old 09-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #142
magic2go
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The IPO can "shop" for you if you tell them what type of surprise you'd like (and if you have no ideas, you'll be amazed at what the AKL IPO can come up with for you! ) You can ask them to call you and they will happily discuss some "ideas" with you!

Also, here are some of the edible treats you can order through them:

Cookies and Milk: $29.50
Fresh baked Chocolate Chip Cookies with a carafe of milk.

Honeymoon: $49.80
A cold bottle of house champagne served with zebra striped strawberries.

Indaba: $49.80
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Chocolate logo with brownies and chocolate animals.

Karibuni: $80.93
Fresh and dried fruit with deluxe cheese and crackers.

Kwa Heri: $61.01
One dozen of our assorted truffles in a customized Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge box.

Jambo: $31.13
A fruit basket with an African flare. Apples, oranges, bananas, mango, kiwi, and a bunch of grapes.

HTHs!
Anyone out there know what the WL IPO can do? I've ordered a white chocolate monorail - but boy do some of those items sound good at AKL. You've got me wondering what else might be out there!

- Kathie's Blog What Now?!?!?

Old 09-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #143
properlywarnedyebe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aw, I'm sorry that they caused so much confusion with your reservation. Yes, you'll still have a great time at BC. And be sure and say "hi!" to Art the Greeter! He IS the BC!!
Believe me we can't wait! 73 more days whoo hoo!

1975-1992 Offsite with the Family, 10/00-ASMO/MNSSHP, 07/01 -Atlantis, Paradise Isl. Honeymoon, 07/02 AKL-1st Anniversary, 08/03 CBR, 07/06 Poly-5th Anniversary, 2ndB-day, 04/07 Pop Century-DH turns 30! 12/08 AKLV/BC-MVMCP/Early Chrismukkah! 8/09-Free Dining @ POP! 8/10-Poly 12/10-BW 10/11-DISNEY DREAM!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:34 PM   #144
GoofyJoofy
What's a Counterless Guy to do?
How about: PLAN ANOTHER TRIP!!!
It's pretty easy to amuse the Tag Fairy...

Quote:

pumpkinfish We have been to the BC twice, once CL once not. It was wonderful both times. It is a great resort in a great location with a great pool.
Enjoy.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:42 PM   #145
GoofyJoofy
What's a Counterless Guy to do?
How about: PLAN ANOTHER TRIP!!!
It's pretty easy to amuse the Tag Fairy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic2go View Post
Anyone out there know what the WL IPO can do? I've ordered a white chocolate monorail - but boy do some of those items sound good at AKL. You've got me wondering what else might be out there!

Well I can't answer directly, but usually the treats come from the resorts eateries, so do look at the menus for Artist Point and Whispering Canyon. IPO can probably tell you what else they can get.

Good luck.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #146
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Just wanted to pop in and tell the OP....What a great thread this has become!
Laura, your attitude is contagious

My AKV CL may not come through..hasn't yet....but will keep calling until check in

Have fun planning everyone
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
Old 09-24-2008, 07:10 PM   #147
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride'03 View Post
Just wanted to pop in and tell the OP....What a great thread this has become!
Laura, your attitude is contagious

My AKV CL may not come through..hasn't yet....but will keep calling until check in

Have fun planning everyone
Awww, you are so sweet!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #148
RLRDA
Go Sox!! Go Pats!!

I just happened to find this thread! What a great resource We just booked a 1BR AKV CL for August 2009 I can't wait to go back and read all the posts in the previous 10 pages to see what I can learn.

Aug'14 VB & OKW~Aug'13 SSR~Aug'12 BCV, Dream, AKV/CL~Aug'11 THV~Aug'10 OKW~Aug'09 AKV/CL & BLT~Oct'08 BWV~May'08 BCV~Aug'07 SSR & AKV ~Oct'05 BWV~May'04 WL~May'02 POR ~Nov'98 GF
Old 09-24-2008, 07:48 PM   #149
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLRDA View Post
I just happened to find this thread! What a great resource We just booked a 1BR AKV CL for August 2009 I can't wait to go back and read all the posts in the previous 10 pages to see what I can learn.
I hope you will find lots of useful information here. And if you have any questions, please ask!

I see you'll be at BWV in 4 days -- I'll be there in 3!! Have a wonderful vacation!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #150
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride'03 View Post

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you're looking for an AK Villas club level waitlist for your upcoming trip it is highly unlikely it's going to come through. About 2 months ago members with AKV-CL reservations for the end of Sept through end of Oct were notified that they'd have to be moved due to some exterior maintenance that was closing some of those rooms. We have a 1br AKV-CL booked 10/4-11 and we were first told our reservation wasn't impacted, the next day we were called telling us we were indeed being moved to BWV only to be told the very next day we wouldn't move but would keep our AKV-CL room. It was a very stressful few days wondering what would happen and where we'd be staying.

Now, if you're looking for an AKL-CL room then never mind but since you said AKV I thought I'd let you know that status if you didn't already know.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: