Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
reallybadeggs
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads.

Cast Member Name Tags

Does anyone have a clip art or another file of the Cast Member name tag that I can add a name to and print?

One of my kids wants to dress as a cast member at the MNSSHP and a main part of the costume is the name tag.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
swald91
DIS Veteran

Great idea! But I don't think Disney wants people to dress too much like them & confuse people. (Not cast members but characters alike) We always tell our kids if they get lost find someone that works there-any cast member. I could see how this could confuse a lost child but if it's the halloween party I would think a young kid wouldn't look like a real cast member. (Cool costume idea though!!)

Grand Floridian first time in November!
Polynesian(CL) Dixie Landings & Wilderness Lodge
>>>> BEGIN SHAMROCK IMG CODE <<<<

<<<< END SHAMROCK IMG CODE >>>>>
Thanks BCV23!!!! (And MsStinkerbelle for your help!!)
swald91 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2008, 11:45 AM   #3
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

You used to be able to buy 'Guest of Honor' badges in the parks that looked basically just like the cast member badges, except they were a different color. I don't think that they are still available at the parks, but an internet seach might turn some up.
sbell111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
reallybadeggs
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swald91 View Post
Great idea! But I don't think Disney wants people to dress too much like them & confuse people. (Not cast members but characters alike) We always tell our kids if they get lost find someone that works there-any cast member. I could see how this could confuse a lost child but if it's the halloween party I would think a young kid wouldn't look like a real cast member. (Cool costume idea though!!)
Yeah, that's a good point and I did think about that. My kids are actually dressing up as Epcot entertainers (Sergio, Miyuki and Ilham). So they won't look like a typical cast members. But because these entertainers are maybe not so well known, I thought cast member tags would help to get the point across of who they are.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #5
bradk
She runs to get away from you.

http://www.nametagmuseum.com

just an awesome site.

i honestly don't think you'll have a problem with it. now if you were to go to ebay and buy a real one, that's another thing

bradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:27 AM   #6
Sosai X
Vaguely grouchy

I wouldn't recommend puirchasing an authentic nametag on ebay, then wearing it on the costumes to the park. Disney Security cast will take it away from you. If you do make one, i would make it oversized so there is no question it's fake and just for the fun of the costume. Should be no problem with that.

Visit the Walt Disney Company Cast Member Nametag Museum!

Sosai X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #7
katy621

Someone on another "Disney" board uses clip art of a cast member badge. I'd like to ask him or her where to find it.
katy621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tons of people dress like the characters (myself included) and its not a problem. A child dressed as a CM will be cute.

I have been trying to figure out how to make Spectro costumes for a group of us to go as performers for that parade but its a little challenging and I tend to fall back on my regular costumes.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #9
theatermouse
Mouseketeer

CM's are suppose to turn in their nametags when they end their employment at Disney or they're not suppose to get their last paycheck, or so I was told. I was able to keep mine because my last shift ended at 12:30am and I was immediately leaving the state. My car was loaded down in the employee parking lot & I headed North on I-4. So sad. My manager told me there was no way to turn it in. Of course I could have turned it in to her, but she told me to keep it. I've got mine in my jewlery box on my dresser. I pull it out from time to time & smile. I miss that job so much!!!

March 2009 - All Star Sports December 2009 - All Star Music
April 2010 - Mommy/Son Trip January 2012 - Mommy/Son Birthday Trip
May 2012 - SOLO!! (Micky Dolenz - Flower Power Concert)
April 2013 - Mommy/Son Trip May 2014 - Kid's Race & Daddy Finally Goes Back to Disney World
theatermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:04 AM   #10
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatermouse View Post
CM's are suppose to turn in their nametags when they end their employment at Disney or they're not suppose to get their last paycheck, or so I was told. I was able to keep mine because my last shift ended at 12:30am and I was immediately leaving the state. My car was loaded down in the employee parking lot & I headed North on I-4. So sad. My manager told me there was no way to turn it in. Of course I could have turned it in to her, but she told me to keep it. I've got mine in my jewlery box on my dresser. I pull it out from time to time & smile. I miss that job so much!!!
That's not true - at least that I know of. I know lots of CMs with nametags from the past.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:11 AM   #11
kidanigirl
Mouseketeer

That's a cute Halloween idea. Last Halloween my son dressed as a Dream Team Cast Member with the blue oxford, khaki pants, black satchell and everything. He used the name tag that we had purchased from a shop on Main Street. It looks like a CM tag, but it is gold.

kidanigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:48 PM   #12
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidanigirl View Post
That's a cute Halloween idea. Last Halloween my son dressed as a Dream Team Cast Member with the blue oxford, khaki pants, black satchell and everything. He used the name tag that we had purchased from a shop on Main Street. It looks like a CM tag, but it is gold.
That sounds really cute!
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
strmtroopr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #13
TotalSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The kiddos can dress up as they please (appropriately, of course), especially at MNSSHP (where the big kids can dress up, too! ). Kids are dressed as characters every day in WDW. If they didn't want people to dress like characters, there would be no BBB. It's the grown-ups they have a rule for during normal operating hours. I think OP should be fine. No worries.

TotalSnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #14
Flametamr
I never thought about doing any other job
I actually do have a back up plan

Last visit there was a little girl dressed in Character Handler clothes complete with name tag. Her mother kept stopping and talking to CMs in the MK so maybe she is a CM. But the little girl was way too cute. I didn't see a problem with it.
2007- Port Orleans Riverside With Free Dining, 2008- Port Orleans French Quarter With Free Dining
2009- Boardwalk Inn With Free Dining. Upgraded from ASMO at Disney's expense following a problem, 2010- Ft Wilderness for the first time. It was great.
2013- First Halloween trip to the Fort. It was awesome.
[/url]
Flametamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
godoftheWorld
Mouseketeer

Thumbs down

Totally not true. Of course you can keep your name tag and get your last paycheck. I still wear mine on my lanyard when I go into the parks. If a guest asks me a question, I still help them out. I've even talked to security while wearing it. I told them that I used to work for the DRC. They have no problem with it.
By the way, I just went to the latest hidden Mickey in the world yesterday. Awesomenesssssss. If you go, watch out for the cows. They are everywhere!!!
godoftheWorld is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: