Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
hooked o ncruises
Hooked on cruises

Any info on Story Time Vacation Homes at WH?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has rented townhomes from Story Time Vacation Homes in Windsor Hills? Good or bad, any comments are welcomed. Thanks.

Hooked on cruises
hooked o ncruises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
can
Earning My Ears

YES! We have just booked our stay at WH for March 09. We stayed there last March in Storytime #1 and will be staying there again. We were just steps away from the pool and main clubhouse. The unit itself is just outstanding. It was so so very clean and had absolutely everything we could possibly want. Three bedrooms and three baths gave us plenty of room (for a few days there were up to six of us there). It was great having the washer and dryer, came home with only the clothes on our backs that needed to be washed.

Tanya and Elias were and are outstanding to work with. Last year when we were packing the car to leave, Elias came over and introduced himself along with asking if everything was okay with our stay. IMO, he didn't have to do that, we would have left without ever knowing it was him, what a nice gesture.

Last year was our very first time in many Disney trips that we stayed off Disney property and we couldn't have been happier. While we did miss the early and late hours for WDW resort guests, it was good to have somewhere to go and just kickback and relax after a busy day. We got directions from these boards on a back road way into WDW property, and we thought it was even faster than when we stayed on resort property.

Hope you will seriously consider a stay here, don't think you will be too disappointed!
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2008, 07:27 AM   #3
mossy1
Been there but always willing to learn from others-;)

Talking Story-Time was great

We stayed at Storytime #1 in late June/Early July and a good time was had by all. I have to agree with a previous poster, having a washer and dryer in house was just wonderful. The splash pool was a big hit with the kids and the adults as well. Windsor Hills is a beautiful place and I would stay there again in a heart beat. The owners of the Storytime properties where always just a phone call away and dealing with them was easy and straight forward.

mossy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
kaseyoz
Mouseketeer

I had already booked our home at WH when I found Story time for my friends who were travelling with us as well.

Tanya and Elias were most helpful and even helped me through emails on a couple of things even though I hadn't booked through them. They also said to write to them if i needed any further help. This was after my friends had booked with them so they had nothing to gain.

Elias was also the only person out of over 40 replies i got, to actually phone me to see if the quote was ok. I live in Australia so it may not have been a cheap call.

Good service so far, we will know more in December....Yippee!!
kaseyoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #5
PA Princess
DIS Veteran

We have a reservation to stay in a Story Time villa (The Kingdom) in December 2009. Can't speak about actual accomodation experience obviously, but so far working with Tanya and Elias has been very pleasant and professional.
PA Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #6
hooked o ncruises
Hooked on cruises

Thanks

I really appreciate all your postings and they all look positive. We are officially booked for #3 and we cannot wait. We are starting our vacation with a week at Story Time and then a week long DCL cruise. Thanks again. It is very important to deal with reliable owners.

Hooked
Old 09-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
Fabinva
Mouseketeer

We have not stayed there but are booked on #1 for Jan 09. The owners had been very professional and helpful, we needed to changed our dates and the promptly took care of our request.
It is so good to read these reviews, looking forward to our first offsite stay.
Fabinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:08 PM   #8
4vac2008
Earning My Ears

Story Time

We're planning our 2009 trip. Can you tell me how to get in touch with the owners of Story Time Vacation Home at WH?

Is it a townhouse?

thanks!!!

Hoping this year will be the year we finally get to stay onsite!!!
4vac2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:22 PM   #9
sympatico
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vac2008 View Post
We're planning our 2009 trip. Can you tell me how to get in touch with the owners of Story Time Vacation Home at WH?

Is it a townhouse?

thanks!!!
They have 4 townhouses and two 6 bedroom homes. Lots of Disney theme rooms. Very nice. http://www.storytimeorlandorental.com/
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 5 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #10
three-treasures
Earning My Ears

Hi, we have just returned from a 14 night stay at Storytime Townhome 4. It was absolutely gorgeous, very cosy & homely and also very, very clean. Really close to Disney.

Our kids absolutely loved the Mickey theme bedroom. The townhome had everything you would ever need during your stay including an abundance of nice soft towels.

We all had a super time at the townhome and will most definitely be staying with Story Time in the future.

The pool was also super and our kids had such fun in it.

The washer & dryer was super and we also came home with all our clothes washed except the ones we were wearing! We went with less clothes this year as there was a washer & dryer, which meant he had extra room for all that shopping!!

Elias & Tanya were fantastic.
three-treasures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:28 PM   #11
ceburto2
Mouseketeer

We just stayed at Story Time Townswomen #3 for 12 nights. Got back on October 1st. My wife, 2 sons (2yo and 4yo), and my SIL stayed. Plenty of room for everyone. Plenty of towels and dinnerware. The small pool is great. Depending on the time of year this unit may get warm as the master bedroom and living room face South. This does help keep the pool warm though. The only reason I point this out is because the owners have placed a lock box on the thermostat to prevent it from being changed. Most of the ceiling fans have also had their chains removed so that the speed is fixed. If you like an ice cold hotel room after a hot day in the park, take note. May not be a problem in fall or winter and if you don't like it wicked cool.

The owners were very accommodating to our request for early check-in. And were very nice and stayed in good communication up to our arrival.

-ceburto2
ceburto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:05 PM   #12
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

We'll be there (Townhouse #1) in November - and we're so excited!

Thanks for sharing all your experiences, and the wonderful feedback.
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2015 ~ VOW RENEWAL (TBD)
two*little*birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:35 AM   #13
two*little*birds

We just returned from a 12 night stay – Townhouse #1.

In all honesty I can’t say enough about this wonderful property along with Windsor Hills in general. The owners are fabulous and are great to deal with. Without question I would recommend Story Time to anyone who is possibly considering a stay with them.

The kids loved the themed rooms, and the small pool was a BIG hit!

Not having to be cramped in a hotel room was the biggest advantage, along with having a washer and dryer for your own personal convenience. Plus you’re within minutes of EVERYTHING!

I agree with the above posters who have stayed previously, the home is well taken care of and very clean.

5 star review from us!
2015 ~ VOW RENEWAL (TBD)
Old 11-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #14
two*little*birds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceburto2 View Post
Depending on the time of year this unit may get warm as the master bedroom and living room face South. This does help keep the pool warm though. The only reason I point this out is because the owners have placed a lock box on the thermostat to prevent it from being changed. Most of the ceiling fans have also had their chains removed so that the speed is fixed. If you like an ice cold hotel room after a hot day in the park, take note. May not be a problem in fall or winter and if you don't like it wicked cool.
The owners are accommodating about this too... you just need to ask and they'll tell you where the keys are for the lock box (so that you can adjust the thermostat to your liking).
2015 ~ VOW RENEWAL (TBD)
Old 11-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #15
hooked o ncruises
Hooked on cruises

Thanks!

Two Little Birds,

Thanks for a great review. The owners have been great in answering all my questions too. I just wish the trip would come sooner.

Hooked