Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2008, 04:14 PM   #31
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
Congrats on the business opportunity for Bill (and you)! It is exciting to plan everything out at the beginning - that is how every business starts!

Bill's parents house is goergeous! Love that kitchen. We were in Pigeon Forge for a family reunion in June and had lots of fun. The outlets are great. We also did Dollywood which we surprisingly enjoyed.

Your Epcot day sounds great! How fun to meet a large group of online friends!

Great advice from Jordan too!
Thank you so much!!

I can't wait to see Bill's house in person. I have more pics of it coming up soon. I think we might get to Dollywood too. We will try to see some of the shows. There really aren't any rides Bill could stay in his chair for , that is why we love Disney!

I can't wait to meet all the Ip-Dippers!! I am so excited !!

Jordan is a wonderful guy!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #32
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMickeyfans View Post
Oh WOW you are so talented. I'm in AWE! Great ideas. I am totally stealing some of the planning ideas. I LOVE the thank you cards. So cute.

Awww thank you so much. I try. You can steal anything you want, I don't mind at all.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #33
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Great designs Tracy! I am super impressed as I am not a bit crafty.

Love the index binder idea! I always write our plans on index cards so they are easier to carry around during the day - what a great idea to put them all together in a mini-binder. I may have to steal that idea!
Old 09-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #34
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
Great designs Tracy! I am super impressed as I am not a bit crafty.

Love the index binder idea! I always write our plans on index cards so they are easier to carry around during the day - what a great idea to put them all together in a mini-binder. I may have to steal that idea!
Steal whatever you want to. Thanks for the comments. Sometimes the mood just strikes me. I got my zazzle shirt with my Tink design in the mail today. I will post pictures of it later.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #35
BETTYDISNEY
Mouseketeer

Tracy all I can say is You have a creative gift. I love your "futureinlawshouse" ! It is gorgeous. Your trip is so close OMG. Have you bought new clothes for this trip?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #36
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETTYDISNEY View Post
Tracy all I can say is You have a creative gift. I love your "futureinlawshouse" ! It is gorgeous. Your trip is so close OMG. Have you bought new clothes for this trip?

Hi Betty!! Thank you so much. I have more pictures of the house coming up. They rent it out when they are not there and the rental company took a bunch of pictures so I "borrowed" some of them . I bought those shirts in the 2nd installment and I got a shirt from Zazzle today with my Tink design on it. I will probably post pictures of it tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #37
BETTYDISNEY
Mouseketeer

Did you get a chance to see my thread about my son starting school? I managed to dig up his first meeting with "the Mouse" ! It is in the disabilities community board, thanks to you showing me how to post!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:28 PM   #38
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETTYDISNEY View Post
Did you get a chance to see my thread about my son starting school? I managed to dig up his first meeting with "the Mouse" ! It is in the disabilities community board, thanks to you showing me how to post!
No, I hadn't seen it. I will go over there now. Thanks for telling me about it!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:51 PM   #39
maroo
DIS Veteran

Wow

WOW...

This is awesome. And I have "lurked" on your other trip reports as well. I really appreciate the pictures you take of the important stuff! Stuff we need to see as folks who are traveling with someone with a disability.

You and I have a lot in common...I also worked at a camp for people with disabilities (but as a teenager) and my mother also had breast cancer, although she did catch it fairly early and is doing fine and we both get to go to DW with someone that has CP.

anyway...I have lots of questions for you. and I think some of these will be answered as I read more of your trip reports...

What is a Pal Mickey? Where can I get those lanyards? Where can I buy pins? Are we just given some pins? How do I make T Shirts for Lauren and her family?

Also...what rides can you NOT get on? Due to logistical stuff?

Thanks for your help!! Maroo
Old 09-05-2008, 04:36 PM   #40
TinkAsh2001
DIS Veteran

I like the envelopes! I always make them for Mousekeeping!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #41
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
WOW...

What is a Pal Mickey? Where can I get those lanyards? Where can I buy pins? Are we just given some pins? How do I make T Shirts for Lauren and her family?

Thanks for your help!! Maroo
What is Pal Mickey?

This is the description from the WDW website:

This huggable, interactive Mickey Mouse plush will let you in on insider park tips, give you parade and showtime reminders, tell you when your favorite characters are nearby, and let you know about short waits at your favorite attractions

If you read the other TR's you will see him on Bill's tray. He let us know about the Dolphin exhibition in the Land. When something is happening his sensors let him know and he shakes and starts talking. He is fun.

Where can I get those lanyards?

It depends on what type you want. If you want plain ones you can go online, if you want ones with Disney characters you can go online, Ebay, resort stores, the Parks, and DTD.

Where can I buy pins?

You can buy them at disneyshopping.com, online places (google - disney pins), ebay etc. Some people sell "junk pins" that are not offical pins so you have to watch out for that. There is a pin forum here on the Dis and they have many tips. You can buy the pins on property at the resort shops, DTD, and the parks.

Are we just given some pins?

I don't know if GKTW gives pins or not? You could by a lanyard starter set. They usually come with 4 pins, 2 sets of the same pin, then you have 2 to keep and 2 to trade.

How do I make T Shirts for Lauren and her family?

There are many fantastic designers on on the Creative DISigns here on the DIS. There are t shirt transfer papers you can buy and do it yourself. Also there are places like zazzle.com that you can upload the images you want on the shirts and they will print it for you. I will have a picture of a shirt I just got from there posted tomorrow some time.

Can Lauren transfer at all? Does she walk? Bill can't walk and prefers to stay in his chair.

Off the top of my head The Ticket and Transportation Authority aka The People Mover at Magic Kingdom has a continuously moving walkway that they will not stop. If Lauren can't walk well she shouldn't do this. I couldn't see trying to carry her on the moving walk way. The same thing with Peter Pan at Magic Kingdom, they do not stop the walk way.

The Haunted Mansion will stop the walk way if you ask them too.

I know there are many links in the Disabilites section in the sticky thread. There should be a link to the rides. Also, have you heard of the book "Passorter's Open Mouse"? It is a fantastic book about going to Disney World with disabilities.

I hope I answered your questions. Feel free to ask me anything, I don't mind at all. I want to help everyone to be able to enjoy Bill and I's happy place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkAsh2001 View Post
I like the envelopes! I always make them for Mousekeeping!!!

Thanks! We like them too.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:08 PM   #42
mrsksomeday

# 6 Off the Disney Track then back on

I am going to side step our Disney plans for a moment and talk a little bit about our upcoming Smokey Mountains trip.

Bill’s mom was down there 3 weeks ago getting the cabin ready, putting the final touches on it before they started renting it out. The photographer came from the rental company and spent 10 hours taking pictures, moving things, waiting for the right light. She said she was ready for him to be gone . She had told me to wait about a week to see if they had been posted on the rental site.

Well you might know this about me by now, I have NO patience so I looked on the site about 3 days later, they were already there!! I called her immediately, they were driving back to Indiana so I knew I would be able to reach them. She was ecstatic . She couldn’t wait to see the pictures. They had posted 24 pictures on the rental site, here are 4 of them:

The front of the house:

The back of the house:

Two great room pictures:

I think they turned out very well. I know I will be taking pictures when we are there, but I don’t think any of mine would look this good. She called us a day later very happy . Someone rented it already. She didn’t think it would happen this quickly. We are supposed to be there Sept. 10 -14th and again December 23-27th. I know I will be taking Disney the entire time we are there and seeing if there is any Disney stuff at the outlet places there. <<<< that should take care of the rule to keep the PTR's about Disney .

I don’t know if we will make the December trip or not. Bill’s dad had a realtor come in just to see what he would list the house for, just for the heck of it. The realtor said he had two clients that would buy it now. Bill’s mom was like “HUH, we just got it done, let’s enjoy it for a little bit”. They had another cabin in that area it was listed for only 5 days before it was sold.

Bill says they need to design and build homes, they are wonderful at it, at least we think they are. If you would like to check out any more pictures or are thinking about taking a vacation to the Smokey Mountains and want a brand new place to stay with some wonderful mountain views here is the link: Radiant Glory .

Now back to obsessive, overthinking Disney World planning

Before the cabin, I was talking crafty things and before that it was about the itinerary:

eatin some german food ,

drinkin some grey goose slushies ,

and watchin some men in kilts sing .

The rest of the itinerary is not so colorful, . You might be doing this while reading it.

Monday Oct. 20th, Animal Kingdom Day 1!!!

I want to reiterate these are goals, not “must do’s”, typing this out it seems like a lot to do. I know Amy might not want to do it all, might not want to get up for rope drop, and might want to hang out at the resort. We will show her the ropes of the bus system and if she wants to stay at the resort or go off somewhere else she can do it. She says she wants to do anything we want, but Bill and I are used to the “GO GO GO” of Disney.

I don’t want to overwhelm her and cause her to have a meltdown trantrum like this. My fear is she could start a mutiny and Bill and her will roll along without me , so I promise to be good, well try at least, give me a break those are hard habits to break.

What are the goals for this day, you might ask??
  • Exhibition Everest for Amy (we will go through the regular line if not too long so Bill and I can see the queue, if it is too long Amy will go through the single rider line, does EE have a single rider line? If she likes it get a FP for later in the day)
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Festival of the Lion King
  • Character meet and greets if we have time
  • Nemo the Musical (We have never seen it, so we get to experience it the first time with our wonderful buddy!!)
  • Bill wants to go to Rafiki’s Planet Watch even after I told him Buzz’s review of it
  • Flights of Wonder
  • See if we can locate Devine
  • Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
  • We plan on having lunch at some point at Flame Tree BBQ
This night we are going to Animal Kingdom Lodge to give Boma one last try. Those of you that didn't read my last TR don't know that we had some issues there. We were there before our reservation time and still waited an hour. They knew at the podium that Bill was in a wheelchair but still tried to squeeze us into a small area. How was Bill supposed to get back and forth if he wanted more food?? But we wanted to show Amy AKL and with it being a party of 3 we need a bigger table.

Then to Downtown Disney for dinner and shopping. I am also making it a priority to go to the Capt’n Jack’s Margarita stand . I know I want to go to the Christmas shop, World of Disney, Art of Disney, and Pin Traders. What else do you suggest?? Help me out people, I want us to experience as much magic as we can get our hands on.

Next is another Magic Kingdom day, but this time it is MNSSHP!!!

We’re going to a party, a Halloween Party !!

We will probably sleep in this morning because we have a party to go to that night, a Halloween Party, but not a scary one. We have never been to this and are really looking forward to it.

When we had the trip scheduled for November, Bill and I had purchased MVMCP tickets, one of the reasons holding me back to not change the trip to October was that the tickets were “nonrefundable”. Well they say that, but it isn’t true, well it least in our case it wasn’t. A DISer had told me to call and see if anything could be done. I called WDW Ticketing, got a fantastic CM and he said he could refund the money on the CC we had used. Then I asked him if there was any way possible to just return them in exchange for MNSSHP tickets, he said I could so that is what we did.

Now that we have Amy coming with us, she needed a ticket. She said she would purchase it, but we knew her birthday was coming up (she had her 22nd birthday on August 7th, Happy Birthday again Amy !!) so we used our AP discount and purchased her ticket. The only catch, we have to pick up her ticket at “will call” and show the AP to get it. No problem, I just like having the tickets before we get there. Well, there is a little problem. Where the heck is “will call” at Magic Kingdom? I know it is a stupid question, but Bill and I have always gotten a package deal before and always had our tickets on our room keys. So if you know the direction to point me in please do so.

Oct. 21st: Magic Kingdom Day 2!!

Goals for this day:
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Tiki Birds (oh yes we are taking Amy here, don’t even try to discourage us, I can’t wait to see the look on her face during the show)
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Hall of Presidents
  • Riverboat (if we have 20 minutes to blow and want to be bored out of our minds)
  • 3pm Parade (we have never sat down and enjoyed this HUH? WHY? I don’t know either, might have something to do with my GO GO GO attitude, don't judge me )
  • Pick up party bracelets
I want us to take the boat to Wilderness Lodge, we are having dinner at Whispering Canyon Café. We are going a little early, I am hoping we can see the geyser, and get back before the Halloween party starts, we will see if that happens. I am going to ask if we can have a server that plays. Last time we were in the back of the restaurant and didn’t see any of the fun, this time we have to be at a bigger table so hopefully we will see what is going on around us. I think Amy might require some ketchup, need more soda, or something don’t you? Maybe I will tell the server Amy wants to go to Universal Studios and ask what they think of that .

Amy asked if adults wore costumes to the party I think they can, can’t they? I don’t think it is supposed to look like a Disney Character. I am going to make some type of shirt, I don’t know if Amy and Bill will want to wear it, but I am.

We will head back to the party, I know Bill wants to see the show at the Castle, see the parade, and Hallowishes. We will see what Amy wants to do as well. I can’t wait to see the fireworks, the Christmas ones last year were amazingly wonderful. I don’t know if we will stay until the end of the party or not, we will see.

After the party we will get to hear whispers and not so quiet whispers when we take our place in the wheelchair area. I try very hard to ignore the stupid remarks, but with Amy there I see us saying some things to each other loudly so the not so magical guests hear. Things like “oh yeah, he loves being in the wheelchair, great perks, so much better than WALKING, he got Cerebral Palsy just to get on the bus first!!” Sorry, it just truly upsets and annoys me how people can be so inconsiderate.

He would trade anything to be able to walk; they have no idea how much pain he is in every single day and how differently people treat him. I adore this man and it breaks my heart when people are horrible . The ones that act like that with children are the ones that upset me the most, because they are teaching their children to act that way.

I always used to tell my son “we teach people how to treat us” sometimes I need to teach a lesson, even in the middle of Disney World.

Next up…. OMG could it be more itinerary??

Old 09-05-2008, 10:22 PM   #43
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Plans look good. Would Amy like Once Upon a Toy?
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 09-06-2008, 12:31 PM   #44
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Wow Tracy you have been busy, all your crafty stuff is great, the tip envelopes are fantastic and I'm sure any CM that got one would be incredibly pleased

Your IL's house looks beautiful, have a lovely time and yes EE does have a single rider line, no need for her to get any FP's there
Old 09-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #45
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Your plans sound great!

To answer a couple of your questions:
Last time I was at AK there was a single rider line for EE.

I'm pretty sure the "will call" at MK is at guest relations (to the right of the turnstiles). My mom had to use it last year to exchange her tickets.

You are going to LOVE MNSSHP - it is so much fun!! I am determined to stay until the end this time - even if it is by myself!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: