Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #31
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*
 
NotSoEvilStepmother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 2,149 miles from the World
Posts: 444

Quote:
Originally Posted by marynpaul View Post
Just found your trip report. I am enjoying the whole teenager point of view. I am going on a Mother -daughter trip in December. (DD is going to be 18)
Wow. You're fast. I'm still editing it. Being a teenager at Disney IS a unique thing because we're not commonly thought of by Disney in nice ways. The common view at Disney of most teens is that all we're gonna do is make rude comments and ruin the "little-ones" vacations. A first trip is a first trip, no matter your age. And the magic is just as powerful. Ok, enough ranting.
ANYWAY...welcome. Do you have a PTR going for your December trip. Sounds like so much fun. I'm hinting to Sleepy for a mother/daughter/friend who's like Sleepy's daughter trip in March but she's basically Disney'd out.
__________________
--Chelsea
DL: 1993-2010 WDW: 7/08 (off site, worst hotel in Kissimmee)
Dreaming of more Disney adventures...
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
NotSoEvilStepmother is offline  
Old 10-05-2008, 01:30 PM   #32
grandpaof3
Been there too often?
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 94

Smile

Just to let you know that your TR is being followed in the North country. I think you & my DGD13, been there 5 times, would get along just fine. Hope you don't have to wait 6yrs. for your next visit. We're back to the World, CR, next year.

There was no WDW or DL when I was your age. You guys are so lucky!
__________________
grandpaof3 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #33
MeLaNie9
DIS Veteran
 
MeLaNie9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,064

I love your report! Your story is well-written and so funny! I took a mother-daughter WDW trip in 1993, my grandmother had just died and my mom had spent a lot of time caring for her beforehand and it was right after college graduation for me and I was waiting to hear about acceptance to med school - it was a crazy time for us both I had initially wanted to go on a cruise or something, but my mom insisted on WDW, which really was a great choice!
Your dad is cracking me up - oh, and I LOVED your meltdown story - I hope that they did indeed follow your lead for the rest of the trip! UG is so helpful and you obviously had done your (Disney) homework!
Can't wait for more!
__________________
Me DH DS(9) DS(6) DDoggy(10)

04/1978 CR, 07/1985 CR, 06/1993 DL, 11/2000 ASSp, 05/2006 Poly, 02/2007 YC, 11/2007 CSR, 12/2008 BC, 05/2009 POFQ, 11/2009 DLR-GCH, 05/2010 Atlantis launch and CBR, 11/2010 BWI, 05/2012 POR, 08/2012 DCL-Dream and POR, 10/2013 CSR and DCL-Dream, 3/2014 DCL-Magic surprise getaway!
MeLaNie9 is offline  
Old 10-05-2008, 03:32 PM   #34
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*
 
NotSoEvilStepmother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 2,149 miles from the World
Posts: 444

Look Mama! Peoples are readin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpaof3 View Post
Just to let you know that your TR is being followed in the North country. I think you & my DGD13, been there 5 times, would get along just fine. Hope you don't have to wait 6yrs. for your next visit. We're back to the World, CR, next year.

There was no WDW or DL when I was your age. You guys are so lucky!
Welcome! I feel truly lucky that I've been to Disney so many times. It's certainly fueled a passion in me that isn't equally matched. Yeah, 6 years might well be the next time I go to the World. I'm hoping, though, that the new "What Will You Celebreate" promotion going on might persuade Sleepy to take me for a combined birthday present. But I doubt it will do a thing. CR sounds like a great resort. I'm hoping to actually be able to stay on property one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLaNie9 View Post
I love your report! Your story is well-written and so funny! I took a mother-daughter WDW trip in 1993, my grandmother had just died and my mom had spent a lot of time caring for her beforehand and it was right after college graduation for me and I was waiting to hear about acceptance to med school - it was a crazy time for us both I had initially wanted to go on a cruise or something, but my mom insisted on WDW, which really was a great choice!
Your dad is cracking me up - oh, and I LOVED your meltdown story - I hope that they did indeed follow your lead for the rest of the trip! UG is so helpful and you obviously had done your (Disney) homework!
Can't wait for more!
I'm somewhat of a Disney freak. Ok, a bit more like a Disney maniac. UG saved our butts so many times. So much more than Sleepy and Grumpy realize. Wow, that does sound like a crazy trip! WDW is always a great choice. Unfortunately, some not so happy things happen later on in the trip that just made me want to go home right away. That's gonna be a hard part for me to write... ANYWAY...thanks for dropping by.
__________________
--Chelsea
DL: 1993-2010 WDW: 7/08 (off site, worst hotel in Kissimmee)
Dreaming of more Disney adventures...
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
NotSoEvilStepmother is offline  
Old 10-07-2008, 08:36 PM   #35
grandpaof3
Been there too often?
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 94

Take your time with the TR. It's going to be a long cold winter and I'm not going anywhere.
__________________
grandpaof3 is offline  
Old 10-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #36
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,140

Chels, Just found and read your trippie! I'm in for the duration................ We were there in July with the bazillion Brazilions and all I can say is no more July trips for us.
__________________
wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #37
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*
 
NotSoEvilStepmother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 2,149 miles from the World
Posts: 444

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Chels, Just found and read your trippie! I'm in for the duration................ We were there in July with the bazillion Brazilions and all I can say is no more July trips for us.
Thanks for joining!
Ack! I now detest WDW in July. But it's an AMAZING place anyway so Brazilian's or no Brazilions, it's a great place. I've gotten Sleepy to basically agree no more Disney World in July (Grumpy wants me to agree to no more Disney World period...I think NOT). Have fun at MNSSHP in FIVE DAYS. Lucky goose.
__________________
--Chelsea
DL: 1993-2010 WDW: 7/08 (off site, worst hotel in Kissimmee)
Dreaming of more Disney adventures...
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
NotSoEvilStepmother is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 04:47 PM   #38
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,140

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoEvilStepmother View Post
Thanks for joining!
Ack! I now detest WDW in July. But it's an AMAZING place anyway so Brazilian's or no Brazilions, it's a great place. I've gotten Sleepy to basically agree no more Disney World in July (Grumpy wants me to agree to no more Disney World period...I think NOT). Have fun at MNSSHP in FIVE DAYS. Lucky goose.
Even though my birthday is in July and I can get a free ticket or gift card, I'm not so sure it's worth the waves of like shirted, song singing, touring Brazillions. Dh always jokes that his dream trip is staying at an AS resort in July.....
Oh and we are going to have an awesome extended weekend at the party. The forecast looks fabulous!
__________________
wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #39
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*
 
NotSoEvilStepmother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 2,149 miles from the World
Posts: 444

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Dh always jokes that his dream trip is staying at an AS resort in July.....

We got lucky. Had we stayed on property, it most likely would have been at the AS resorts. I almost prefer Knights Inn in July to that.
Almost.

Sending pixie dust your way for a magical extended weekend.
__________________
--Chelsea
DL: 1993-2010 WDW: 7/08 (off site, worst hotel in Kissimmee)
Dreaming of more Disney adventures...
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
NotSoEvilStepmother is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #40
Nohal
DIS Veteran
 
Nohal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,299

Loving your trip report, can't wait for more. Your writing skills are exceptional.
Nohal is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #41
MousekaMaddi
DIS Veteran
 
MousekaMaddi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,582

great job, writing is your specialty!!
MousekaMaddi is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 09:55 PM   #42
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*
 
NotSoEvilStepmother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 2,149 miles from the World
Posts: 444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
Loving your trip report, can't wait for more. Your writing skills are exceptional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MousekaMaddi View Post
great job, writing is your specialty!!
Thanks for the compliments, guys. You sure do know how to make a girl feel good about herself and her writing abilities. Now if only the people on the DIS could explain that to my English teacher...
__________________
--Chelsea
DL: 1993-2010 WDW: 7/08 (off site, worst hotel in Kissimmee)
Dreaming of more Disney adventures...
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
NotSoEvilStepmother is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #43
DisDancerina
Twitterpatted In The Spring!
I NEED HELP!! I have no clue what I'm doing
 
DisDancerina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoEvilStepmother View Post
Thanks for the compliments, guys. You sure do know how to make a girl feel good about herself and her writing abilities. Now if only the people on the DIS could explain that to my English teacher...
I second that!
__________________
Dani
... And they all lived happily ever after. <3


DisDancerina is offline  
Old 10-13-2008, 08:44 AM   #45
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*
 
NotSoEvilStepmother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 2,149 miles from the World
Posts: 444

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Joining in! Now I have to go back and read...

i love how people on the DIS will subscribe to something they haven't even read yet. It makes me smile.
__________________
--Chelsea
DL: 1993-2010 WDW: 7/08 (off site, worst hotel in Kissimmee)
Dreaming of more Disney adventures...
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
NotSoEvilStepmother is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: