Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #211
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

What an awesome scrapbook! You did a fantastic job on it!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #212
grandpaof3
Been there too often?

Terrific scrapbook Chels.

It's been a pleasure spending the Winter with you. When I first checked in on your TR I never thought it would last this long. I gave me something to look forward to and your perspective of the World was entertaining to say the least. As I've said before, I hope you get back to WDW a lot sooner than you expect.

If you ever see a somewhat short 70's plus man with white hair and beard walking down Main Street it might be me.

If I don't run into you again on the boards here's wishing you all the best from the North Country.

Have a wonderful life Chels. You deserve it!
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #213
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
What an awesome scrapbook! You did a fantastic job on it!
Thanks so much. It really was a lot of fun (if I had the time and money, I'd most definately make another one). I came up with a new idea every day. Originally, it was meant to be a 20 pg or so scrapbook but it just sort of blossomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpaof3 View Post
Terrific scrapbook Chels.

It's been a pleasure spending the Winter with you. When I first checked in on your TR I never thought it would last this long. I gave me something to look forward to and your perspective of the World was entertaining to say the least. As I've said before, I hope you get back to WDW a lot sooner than you expect.

If you ever see a somewhat short 70's plus man with white hair and beard walking down Main Street it might be me.

If I don't run into you again on the boards here's wishing you all the best from the North Country.

Have a wonderful life Chels. You deserve it!
I'll be looking. Lol. Thanks for joining me. I still don't quite understand how a 6 day trip could be spread out over 9 months, but I guess it's possible.
Have wonderful future vacations.
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
Old 04-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #214
piratechick
Princess and Pirate Fan

I really love your scrapbook. Now, I know why your mom started crying. It looks like a lot of love and work went into it. Mine always come out either too messy or too plain. I plan to do one for my cp this fall and I hope it comes out at least decent.

I miss the beach. I've never been to Cocoa Beach or the beaches close to it. It looks beautiful in your pictures.

5 years before you go to Disney? Wow, that is a long time. You will never know, maybe you can go earlier than that. But, if you don't, have fun with your friend when you do go.

Yeah, the cp had always been a dream for me when I was growing up, so I was so excited when they accepted me. Good luck in trying out for cp when you start college. (Heck, if you don't have any plans after you graduate high school, why not try out for the Career Start program, so you can go even earlier. Its only for one semester, so think of it as a break before you start college.)

Your TR is one of the best ones I read so far. You are really good at writing. Good job on writing such a fantastic TR and is hoping to read more from you.

Disney Visits:
In Mommy's Tummy: Disney World,Off-site; 1989: Disney World, Contemporary Resort; 1990: Disney World, Contemporary Resort; 1993: Disney World, Pop Century Resort; 1994: Disney World, Contemporary Resort; 1996: Disney Word, Old Key West Resort; 1998: Disney World, Grand Floridian Resort; 1999: Disney World, Off-site; 2002: Disney World, All-Star Music Resort; 2003: Disney World, Polynesian Resort; 2005: Disney World Senior Trip, All-Star Sports Resort; 2007-2008: Disney College Program; 2008: Disneyland, CA, Offsite; 2009-2010: Disney College Program
Old 04-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #215
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratechick View Post
I really love your scrapbook. Now, I know why your mom started crying. It looks like a lot of love and work went into it. Mine always come out either too messy or too plain. I plan to do one for my cp this fall and I hope it comes out at least decent.

I miss the beach. I've never been to Cocoa Beach or the beaches close to it. It looks beautiful in your pictures.

5 years before you go to Disney? Wow, that is a long time. You will never know, maybe you can go earlier than that. But, if you don't, have fun with your friend when you do go.

Yeah, the cp had always been a dream for me when I was growing up, so I was so excited when they accepted me. Good luck in trying out for cp when you start college. (Heck, if you don't have any plans after you graduate high school, why not try out for the Career Start program, so you can go even earlier. Its only for one semester, so think of it as a break before you start college.)

Your TR is one of the best ones I read so far. You are really good at writing. Good job on writing such a fantastic TR and is hoping to read more from you.
Thanks for joining me. CP sounds like so much fun and I'm debating possibly doing it. Although, I might just work there in the summers.... Who knows. Yeah, 5 years til Disney World. Hopefully less, but, you never know.

Ok. So for everyone who's interesting (and I'm sure most of you aren't) here's a picture of me from "Pirates of Penzance" just a few weeks ago. A fellow policeman and I were going around the auditorium to sing "If you're scared of pirates (and you know it) clap your hands". This is a posed picture someone took of me (had to crop the other chap out).

Old 04-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #216
grandpaof3
Been there too often?

Just had to comment on the Penzance pose. I'm not too afraid of pirates but I wish I could say the same for Police with Rosy cheeks!!!!!

Somehow I don't think you were following the original script. I saw the Movie version the other day with Linda Ronstadt and your lines were not in there.

The English version was called A Slave Of Duty. Penzance was first performed in the USA on Dec, 31 1879 & in England on April 03, 1880.

Did you know, I'm sure that you do, that The town of Penzance is in Cornwall England?
Old 04-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #217
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpaof3 View Post
Just had to comment on the Penzance pose. I'm not too afraid of pirates but I wish I could say the same for Police with Rosy cheeks!!!!!

Somehow I don't think you were following the original script. I saw the Movie version the other day with Linda Ronstadt and your lines were not in there.

The English version was called A Slave Of Duty. Penzance was first performed in the USA on Dec, 31 1879 & in England on April 03, 1880.

Did you know, I'm sure that you do, that The town of Penzance is in Cornwall England?
The movie version is weird. All we "said" in the show was tarantara, but beforehand, we went and interacted with the audience. Hence the made up song.

You have the dates mixed up, but yes indeedy I did know the premiere dates. I've actually had to tell people that Penzance really does exist. Good to know the history.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #218
grandpaof3
Been there too often?

I double checked the dates and believe I was correct. There was a single earlier performance in England On Dec. 30, 1879 , with a different cast, to secure the British copyright.

Roger on the history.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:56 AM   #219
jelloarms
DIS Veteran

I don't know if you still check this anymore but I really really enjoyed your TR. It was so entertaining! I truly hope you get to go back one day.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #220
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloarms View Post
I don't know if you still check this anymore but I really really enjoyed your TR. It was so entertaining! I truly hope you get to go back one day.
Thanks for reading and following along! (I didn't even realize my thread was still open, haha). I'm hoping to get back one day soon, too. Who knows?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #221
jelloarms
DIS Veteran

You should totally do a TR of your upcomming Disneyland trip!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #222
heathere3
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to post and tell you I've thoroughly loved your TR. I just found it randomly (and just found the DIS boards recently) so I'm new to it, but I really enjoyed it. You've a wonderful "voice" for narrative writing.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #223
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloarms View Post
You should totally do a TR of your upcomming Disneyland trip!
I really don't think I'll have the stamina or the time to do one next (school) year. It took me FOREVER to do one this year for WDW. But you never know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathere3 View Post
I just wanted to post and tell you I've thoroughly loved your TR. I just found it randomly (and just found the DIS boards recently) so I'm new to it, but I really enjoyed it. You've a wonderful "voice" for narrative writing.
Thank you and welcome to the DIS. It's a very addicting place, I must say. Like now, I SHOULD be writing my English essay. But am I? Nope. I'm on the DIS. (Just for the record, the essay isn't due for a few more days.)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: