Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #76
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

LOL about the Pepsi!! So funny about the things we love that we can't forget. Ok, on the top of every trip list I make, I write in capital letters...LICENSE. If you don't have it, can't get on the plane, or back on the ship (well, probably, but it'll take more time). So don't forget that. How bout your bathing suit cover up and flip flops. omg, I lived in those. I'll think of more...
Old 09-26-2008, 03:20 PM   #77
magic1bubbles
Earning My Ears

and pepsi

dh
wdw veteran: 1980 fort wilderness 1993 port orleans 1999 coronado springs 2004 all star movie 2006 saratoga springs
grandmom x6
magic1bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2008, 10:09 PM   #78
King Charming
Mouseketeer

I noticed you left out eating machine's #1 & #2 in your things to take list. Does that mean since they are not going, there will be room for more Pepsi?
King Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:27 AM   #79
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Charming View Post
I noticed you left out eating machine's #1 & #2 in your things to take list. Does that mean since they are not going, there will be room for more Pepsi?
I kind of figured it was a given since we wouldn't be able to get out of the house without them if they know it's cruise time. They'd grab onto your legs and you'd have to pull their weight around (and they're both tall enough to weigh a substantial amount now). Sorry... no more pepsi for you.

Hey.. maybe you better start doing some research now about where you can get pepsi in each of the ports of call so you can restock. Or maybe we should just send a case... okay, 2 cases... to the ship before we go.

Or maybe you could just learn to drink coke. Oh, trauma, I know!
Hypermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:55 PM   #80
King Charming
Mouseketeer

The 'Last Cruise'..... again

Unfortunately, this is definitely the last FAMILY cruise. DW is SO bummed about not being at the parks, especially since her yearly pass doesn't expire until the end of Oct. Abstaining from Mickey's house was one of the conditions we agreed to (well, er... Mickey didn't) so we could cruise again. From being a 9%'er to cold turkey within two years, she is really longing to be back. So the next vacation (12/10?) will have to be at the parks. By the time we would be solvent enough to cruise again, tuition would raise it's ugly head; there is just nothing the Mic can argue there.
However, two people can go cruising twice as often when they are not dragging children along all the time. The future looks good!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:31 PM   #81
Daisy5115
Mouseketeer

Well, I checked in to see if there are new iteneraries and who do I see? You guys! Happy to see you are still Remembering the Magic!

You may remember that I was on your cruise in April, played Trivia challenge with Denise. Hey, that key chain I won lasted about a week before the Disney logo rubbed off, and the very cool travel coffee mug that I won at the Do you know your music-game, broke last week.
We are waiting to see where the new ships will be travleing to. DH, me and our two boys, 11, and 7, did two Western Disney cruises and we liked knowing what our choices were.
Things we did differently.. We didn't even get off at Grand Cayman second time because the whole tendering thing is a drag. The empty ship was our favorite day the second time around.
We actually saw less shows the second time, the welcome night and kids show the last day were enough. First time around we saw EVERY show.
Skipped the last night "wishes" I think it was called. First time around we HAD to see it.
Bought a lot less photos from Shutters on the 2nd round.
Second time, more time in the comedy/nightclubs. This went hand in hand with having older kids the second trip.
Second time-tequila tasting, brought more bottles of wine/liquor. Didn't feel the need to rush around to see it all, relaxed more.
Didn't do excursions either time, with older boys we tried to see more of Key West second time, took taxi's to different beaches on both cruises at Cozumel. If you want a cheap excursion, Mr. Sanchos beach was free entry and cool swings at their bar instead of bar stools. Of course, you pay for food and drink. The second time we made the mistake of going to the beach with the Disney excursion, crowded and expensive.
Both times at CC we brought our own floats, ate and swam. Second trip, DS, 11 ran around with his new girlfriend. lol
I like the movie theatre on the ship, both trips we watched two movies.
Can't wait to hear more! and Congratulations!

Karen

Karen
Daisy5115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #82
Hypermommy

Hi Daisy! Absolutely I remember you!!!! Wasn't that a fun game of "Jeopardy"? I still have my light... it's hanging on my keychain. But sometimes it'll get stuck "on" in my purse and then my whole purse is glowing. LOL Thanks for all the great advice! Definitely some things to consider there.

Now, KC... we still have the month of October. You know, I was thinking that it might not be a bad idea to go down there and concentrate on photography. I could definitely use some new pictures of Disney stuff for digiscrapping background ;-)
Old 10-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #83
King Charming
Mouseketeer

Whatever could I have been thinking! What a great idea Hypermommy, we really do need to get another use or TWO from that expiring pass of yours. I'll run right out and get me one of those fake ID's and take all the park pictures you could EVER possibly want. I'll even note what background music was playing so it will seem like you were there!
I think if you go back and check the fine print, we agreed YOU would not use the pass. I, on the other hand....
Old 10-02-2008, 04:41 AM   #84
Hypermommy

Quote:
Whatever could I have been thinking! What a great idea Hypermommy, we really do need to get another use or TWO from that expiring pass of yours. I'll run right out and get me one of those fake ID's and take all the park pictures you could EVER possibly want. I'll even note what background music was playing so it will seem like you were there!
I think if you go back and check the fine print, we agreed YOU would not use the pass. I, on the other hand....
Y'all see what I have to put up with? Surely you'll all take pity on me for having to deal with this devious King who sometimes acts more like Prince John. Actually, he's laying in the bed behind me just snoring away right now. I would be well within my rights to just go get some ice water and dump it on him, right?

Actually, I'm quite proud of him... sounds like exactly the kind of logic I would use if the situation were reversed. But don't tell him I said so. It's important that his head still be able to fit through the doorway
Old 10-06-2008, 09:55 AM   #85
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

I can't believe it's taken me this long to get over here. Well now that I'm here I must have some fabulous things to add and then duck and run
First I am so glad you are doing this because I will live vicariously through you What with the Titanic rearing it's ugly head and all. Speaking of which did you read what Diamondintheruff wrote on my trippie She's getting as bad as you!
I'll give you your park fix you give me my cruise fix!

Watches....yes I believe I remember those issues Now this time I bet you won't even see your boys. It'll be just like a second honeymoon for the two of you.

KC love the budget. Let's see how accurate it is. Are you sure she can't go to the parks just one more time pretty please

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
purplepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:51 AM   #86
Hypermommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
I can't believe it's taken me this long to get over here. Well now that I'm here I must have some fabulous things to add and then duck and run
First I am so glad you are doing this because I will live vicariously through you What with the Titanic rearing it's ugly head and all. Speaking of which did you read what Diamondintheruff wrote on my trippie She's getting as bad as you!
I'll give you your park fix you give me my cruise fix!

Watches....yes I believe I remember those issues Now this time I bet you won't even see your boys. It'll be just like a second honeymoon for the two of you.

KC love the budget. Let's see how accurate it is. Are you sure she can't go to the parks just one more time pretty please
Ahhhh... my life is now complete! Darling Peg is here!!!

Yes, I read what Diamond read on your trippie... I had to clean my monitor off after that!!!

Okay... we'll be each other's pixie dust suppliers, huh?

We'll see the boys for dinner. I'll insist on that. Actually, I'm loving this age because they can be left to fend for themselves and I'm finally getting some time with darling KC again.

Oh thank you, thank you thank you.... that's so sweet of you to try to convince him to let me go one more time. I've honestly been trying to figure out a way to connive a trip to MNSSHP out of him. I'd LOVE to see that parade because everyone I've heard says it's their favorite parade. And I know I love the music from it!

Hey, you can't blame a girl for trying
Old 10-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #87
King Charming
Mouseketeer

You know, I'd really love to duck into the parks prior to sailing, but with the price of tickets and all, I just don't see it happening. The best case scenario would be to buy Fla resident yearly passes for the four of us. That would allow us to park hop AND make follow-up visits. Therein lies the rub; after spending $6K for the cruise, another $1K for the passes, plus gasoline and lodging for several days while using the passes, there is no way there will be extra dollars to fully use them throughout the year. We did buy passes in 2006, spending alot in March for a weeks visit, and almost as much in Dec for a 9 nighter. The weekend escapes the 3 of them made so often surely cost a couple hundred each (except F&W Fest). That was the general plan for 2009, before booking. And because Mickey and I agreed to limit how much of my money he will be taking (at least for 09), he won't comp the passes. I seen what having an un-used pass does to Hypermommy, and I really don't need to hear it from the kids also.
The next step down would be to buy Fla res 3 day passes, but even staying at the All Stars we'd tack on close to another grand. This is something I refuse to consider until the cruise is paid for and the other $2K is safely in the bank.
Something I have considered is to go down a few days early and catch Mic's Merry Xmas event. But even staying at the HoJo's it would cost several hundred more.
These last two plans are poor choices though, as my economical ways won't allow me to pay $50 a head for ONE evening in one park, or even $130 each for 3 days in 3 parks, when for $250 you get most of the year (except for crowded periods). So by saying no to all three options I don't have to face the dilemma of value verses cost. As a bonus, the price tag for the week doesn't go up at all.

However, if you know the secret password AND handshake, I'll take you through the hole in the bushes that get you right into the side of the parks...
Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #88
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

I'm telling you stop drinking Pepsi and stop smoking and put that money in the bank and you'd be there I know, I know, grouchy but there

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
purplepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:57 PM   #89
King Charming
Mouseketeer

Not only grouchy, but probably lonely too. Very few people are willing to put up with 'cheerfulness' when I run out of either.
Besides, if I make this trip look too easy to save for, Mickey might get big headed and want to renegotiate our deal .
Old 10-14-2008, 04:16 AM   #90
Hypermommy

Quote:
Not only grouchy, but probably lonely too. Very few people are willing to put up with 'cheerfulness' when I run out of either.
Besides, if I make this trip look too easy to save for, Mickey might get big headed and want to renegotiate our deal .
Mickey --- big headed? Never!!! Or let's just say that if he does, I have no doubt at all that you could match him inch for inch in circumference of the noggin, dear.

/me ducking and running

So who knows that secret handshake and is willing to teach me. I'm having serious parks withdrawal. Spaceship Earth is new since I've been (didn't luck up on any of the soft openings). Toy Story is open. There's the new TRex restaurant. Not cool that all this new stuff is there and I'm not. And the biggest disappointment of all is that Mousefest will have to go on without me this year. Bummer!!! Mongello's trivia tours.... Barrett's hidden mickey tours.... Devine's photo tours.... LTAD's drinking around the world.... I'm gonna miss all of that!!!

Oh, what a dark and sinister addiction this WDWAddiction is. LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: