Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2008, 10:34 AM   #16
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Charming View Post
Only Hypermommy could come up with such fuzzy math; things we won't need to pay for - indeed! The only reason we spent as much as we did was because we never planned on doing a similar vacation, and therefore we went all out and treated it as THE vacation trip of a lifetime. Just about anything we EVER could have wanted out of this trip was fit in.
Now see, those of us experienced cruisers were all sitting back with our lips sealed tight because we KNEW there was no way you guys wouldn't go back. We knew you'd be hooked. It's just how it is.

Seriously, congratulations on another trip planning adventure!

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #17
magic1bubbles
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

hi guys! you 2 crack me up! i think kc & my dh were seperated at birth when it comes to $$ and budgets! my dh is always checking the budget we are taking our first dc in january on the same excursion your family just returned from. i stayed up last night & read all of your previous tr!!!!! it just confirmed to dh & i that it is a trip of a lifetime, and he has been counting the $$$ as i rack them up but i am already talking to him about a 2nd booking after reading the hysterical tr from you 2!! we are going alone so we wont have too much racked up at the arcade!But if we did, that would be reason enough for dh to book a 2nd trip! so maybe i will tell him the part from kcs last adventure i can't wait to hear all your preplanning

dh
wdw veteran: 1980 fort wilderness 1993 port orleans 1999 coronado springs 2004 all star movie 2006 saratoga springs
grandmom x6
magic1bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #18
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic1bubbles View Post
but i am already talking to him about a 2nd booking after reading the hysterical tr from you 2!!
Glad you're having fun! It's a lot of fun writing this stuff but it's even more fun knowing people are enjoying it.

If you think there's any chance in Hades (hot or cold or frozen or whatever) that you might do another DCL cruise, I've heard it's very good to book it onboard. Now, I don't have any personal knowledge about this becuase we didn't do that (becuase I thought that not only would Hades have to be frozen over but I'd have to see little penguins gliding on the ice before another cruise was done). But from everything I've heard it does save you money and you can always transfer the ressie to your travel agent.

So now I'm beginning to think about what we're going to do to fill our day this time. Hmmm.... no excursions..... no spa (?).... hmmmmmm... time to get out the navigators and start looking through some of them here and start planning out what might be good to do. Better get started on this soon, Hypermommy (I tell myself).... not much time left to get it all planned out.
Hypermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:23 AM   #19
Hypermommy

Ooooooh.... I just thought of something that would be fun. Not necessary for me to have a fantastic time, mind you. And if it doesn't happen it certainly doesn't detract in any way, shape or form from the massive amount of hubby points King Charming has earned.

But......

Wouldn't it be neat (especially for the kids.. yeah, that's the ticket ) if there were some kind of star onboard when we were there? Personally, I'd love to see someone like Steven Tyler taking his grandkids (surely he has them by now ) on a cruise. But the boys would probably prefer someone from a Disney Channel show.

Check out these pictures over in the "Post a DCL Pic a Day" thread http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...postcount=1495. Now that would be fun.

Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:23 AM   #20
disneykibbes5
Mouseketeer

That would be really cool.
disneykibbes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:51 AM   #21
magic1bubbles
Earning My Ears

that would just add to the magic of the trip!

dh
wdw veteran: 1980 fort wilderness 1993 port orleans 1999 coronado springs 2004 all star movie 2006 saratoga springs
grandmom x6
magic1bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #22
Hypermommy

So since we're not doing excursions this time ... well, the boys might. We told them that if they wanted to do excursions they'd have to come up with their own money for it. I know... that sounds horribly mean. But remember that they'll be 16 and 14 at the time of the cruise. It's time for them to learn the value of a dollar for sure. And besides, if DS12 (now) ever learns to do his chores without being reminded then his allowance will be reinstated and he could save up to $300. And that's if he doesn't get any birthday or Christmas money at all (yeah.... that's gonna happen).

So, since we're not doing excursions this time, I'm starting to think about what I do want to do. I think I want to do the galley tour. That'd be kind of neat. I think I'm going to go through some old Navigators as well so I can see what kinds of things are offered.

I wonder how much the schedule changes week to week.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #23
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

I'm having fun reading this, mainly because I will be going a month and a half before you and I'm already jumping up and down excited. We have even made a count down chain, yep, only 393 days left!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:26 AM   #24
Hypermommy

Hey, King Charming,

Think you'll make another stop by that "gentleman's club"? What was it called -- Cheaters?

Who'm I kidding? Is the Pope Catholic???? LOL

Just be careful... it'll be Friday the 13th, won't it?

Dismom... Love the idea of a countdown chain? Is it a paper chain? We did a countdown "advent" calendar on our back door before the last cruise but right now that'd be a bit much.... no place to put hundreds of mickey heads (although the house would look great with them up all over the place).
Old 09-05-2008, 07:57 AM   #25
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Another KC and Hypermommy Cruise! I so enjoyed your last one and already looking forward to the next - although my cruise will be long gone away in the distance by the time you go!! Happy planning!
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #26
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Yes, it is a paper chain. It is a little out of control...393 chains left, but we had fun making it!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:59 AM   #27
Hypermommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
Yes, it is a paper chain. It is a little out of control...393 chains left, but we had fun making it!
Sounds like fun! Where do you have it strung? Can you share a picture??
Old 09-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #28
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Funny you should ask, I just learned how to post them this morning so I could post some on my cruise meet thread.

As you can see it is strung in our kitchen. We have started the habit of ripping one off each morning and reciting the phrase, "One day closer". The kids still look forward to it each morning, and we started with 450 days. We are now "down to" 393!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #29
Hypermommy

Oh, yeah!!!! I'm all about doing one of these. Will have to get on it soon. Not sure where I'm going to put it becuase we live in a duplex but I guess that just means the Disney magic will be all over the place!!! Great idea!!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:59 AM   #30
King Charming
Mouseketeer

Things I'll do again.

As an active Castaway Club member (finally), there are many things I want to be sure to do again. In no particular order they are;

Staying at the 'resort at the port' the night before. The Radisson had no hidden charges. A free shuttle to the port, free parking during the week, a great pool and hot tub, landscaped nicely, and a good room. With taxes, less than $ 125.

Playing Bingo the final session. As a non Bingo player I don't have to worry about screwing up if I rent the handheld computer unit that plays multiple games automatically. The first 3 games average $1K jackpots, the final one $8-10K! It would be SO nice to pay for another cruise by winning that last one, and the odds are so much lower than the lottery, so why not. I'll be sure to get there early as they had a limited number of these handheld units (even at $99 for the unit that plays 72 cards each game).

Go to the port early. We got a #4 boarding pass last time, but there is always something to do or see in the terminal. Mr. & Mrs. big ears show up for photos, the scale ship model, or just hunting down fellow DIS'ers. The sooner you are sitting on deck with your favorite beverage, the happier everybody will be.

Use coins for tips. I brought along scores of dollar and half dollar coins to pass around. Their uniqueness almost made up for my cheapness, even though I gave away over $ 400.

Oh yeah, that place down the road for another nightcap. With a $7 cover charge and a couple of $ 7 shots (w/tip), it's a great place to kill an hour.
King Charming is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: