Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
puggymom
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy wants give hugs to my pugs!

A Very Verklempt Vacation - Hey watch that inner tube updated 11/16

Welcome aboard another puggymom trip report. So what is so special about this one. Well, keep reading, not giving it up in the first paragraph. Iím not easy ya know.

Who am I? Mo, Maureen, puggymom. I love Disney, Pugs and the NY Jets and I am a proud lime loviní Focker.

Kelly is my 8 yo niece/ goddaughter and this will be her first trip to DisneyÖ

When did this trip really begin, well we need to go back to September 2006 and I was just about to leave on another WDW adventure Ö It was a beautiful sunny Sunday in September and I was heading to a NY Jets game and I had my 6 year niece/goddaughter in the car. At the time Kelly had a huge crush on the quarterback Chad Pennington. Yeah, sheís over it. Anywho, this adorable little voice from the back seat asked if I was heading back to WDW and I told her I was. The rest of the conversation went as follows:

Kelly: Iíve never been to WDW
Kelly: Everyone I know has been, but me
Kelly: Everyone in my family has been, but me
Kelly: Everyone in my class has been, but me

Me: Well, Kel I could take you now or wait until you are big enough to ride all the rides.

Barely a pause

Kelly: Iíll wait until Iím tall enough to go on all the scary rides

ĎAtta girl!

Now those that know me will not be the least bit surprised that before even reaching the parking lot I had a plan formulated in my head. Oh yeah, this was going to be an important trip.

Fast forward to the following Easter, 2007 and I let my SIL know that I will be taking Kelly the last week and half of August, 2008. As we are talking she realizes how perfect that is as her oldest will be leaving for college then and as a guidance counselor she will have to be back to work already. She wonít have to worry about who will watch Kelly. Now you are wondering about my brother, yeah, well, Iím sure we informed him at some point, but once my SIL and I made the decision, his input really didnít impact anything, KWIM.

Fast forward a few months and I realize that a couple of Fockers will be there the same time and then a few more and then a few more. Next thing we know a giant Focker meet is planned for the time we are there. To say I was excited about this trip more than others would have been a huge understatement. Taking Kelly and seeing WDW through her eyes and meeting the Fockers in the same trip, well, my anticipation was through the roof.

Since this was to be Kellyís b-day present she would not know about the trip until June. Surprisingly, Kelly never knew it was being planned, everyone kept the secret all that time. For her b-day I got the planning DVD, some cute short outfits and a Disney Princess card. In the card I wrote an invitation from the princesses. The presents were a theme to build up to the reveal, she got a bunch of Disney related stuff.

Now when she got the card from the princesses it was disbelief, she has wanted this trip for so long she was afraid to belief it, but when she realized it was really happening, well letís just say I think there may have been some shattered ear drums.

Right after her b-day her brother graduated HS. She told me that day that she was going to miss him when he left for school. I realized that we would be in WDW when he left. It was decided that when I picked Kelly up the night before we would have Ryanís going away dinner. Also I think it was better for Kelly not to be there to see him actually leave. What better distraction than WDW?

And if I am going to be honest I had been dreading the day my little buddy was leaving for college and I may have needed the distraction of WDW as much as Kelly did. Iím not a parent and quite frankly I donít know how you all do it. Knowing I had to say goodbye to him was killing me, heck I cried my eyes out at his graduation. I did let him know I was rather ticked off with him for having the nerve to grow up and go away to school. I know for a fact I never gave him my permission to do so, and then he had the nerve to pick a school that was a whole 2 hours away. Between the tears that night, I may or may not have slipped him a note with the new Brett Favre Jets jersey he wanted. Boy I really showed him how mad I was, huh. Thatíll teach him who he is dealing with.

So after saying a rather tearful goodbye to my buddy, Kelly and I were off to my house, we had a 7:15 am flight and needed to try and get some sleep. Key word being TRY.

Next up - the Disney Eve sleep???

For your reading pleasure and to skip over the non trip report stuff

The Disney Eve sleep
The arrival
Hitting the Park
Where's the rest of it?
To sleep per chance to dream
Aunt Mo takes down Piglet
The triple whammy
The credit cards get a work out
Aunt Mo meets Karma
A change in the plan
FockerFest part 1
FockerFest part 2
FockerFest part 3
And Aunt of year goes to
Welcome to our new home
Murder in the Garden
Forgiveness and Redemption
Hey Watch that inner tube

Last edited by puggymom; 11-16-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Ohhh ohhh oh am I first??

Kelly is such a sweetie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2008, 03:45 PM   #3
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Darn! Not first, but that's OK! Can't wait to read all about it, Mo!
Old 08-30-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
Now you are wondering about my brother, yeah, well, Iím sure we informed him at some point, but once my SIL and I made the decision, his input really didnít impact anything, KWIM.

Quote:
Between the tears that night, I may or may not have slipped him a note with the new Brett Favre Jets jersey he wanted. Boy I really showed him how mad I was, huh. Thatíll teach him who he is dealing with.
Sheesh, next thing you'll be torturing him with a surprise trip to WDW!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 08-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
TheDISneyFamily
įOį DIS Friendship Pixie įOį
I call it the Save & Splurge!
We're ready to meet some DIS'ers!

4th! Dang you guys are quick!

Great title Mo! I'm hooked already! I bet Kelly had the time of her life. You're wonderful for taking her.

Home Sweet Home - BWV - I'm going back to my happy place!

***DIS/TFW Friendship Pixie***
Old 08-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #7
ncsjodi
GO COLTS!!!!

I'm here too, Mo. Great start. I kept hoping that the Colts would pick up Favre, especially after Peyton went under the knife, but it was not to be. Oh well, at least Peyton seems to be on the mend and will be ready to go next weekend.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip with Kelly.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #8
Lauralee131
DIS Veteran

MO!!!! Kelly was a doll - it was nice to meet her. And awesome meeting you!! Wish we'd had more time to chat though

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post

Sheesh, next thing you'll be torturing him with a surprise trip to WDW!
Mo, since I'm always willing to take one for the Team, please feel free to torture ME with a surprise trip to WDW...Just sayin'
Old 08-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

I'm in! I can't wait to hear your take on the whole FF, because to me you brought the party!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 08-30-2008, 06:17 PM   #10
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

I'm here, I'm here!
Old 08-30-2008, 06:45 PM   #11
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
Kelly: Iíll wait until Iím tall enough to go on all the scary rides

ĎAtta girl!
You've taught her well!

Quote:
Now when she got the card from the princesses it was disbelief, she has wanted this trip for so long she was afraid to belief it, but when she realized it was really happening, well letís just say I think there may have been some shattered ear drums.
Awesome!

Quote:
And if I am going to be honest I had been dreading the day my little buddy was leaving for college and I may have needed the distraction of WDW as much as Kelly did. Iím not a parent and quite frankly I donít know how you all do it. Knowing I had to say goodbye to him was killing me, heck I cried my eyes out at his graduation.
So this is what I have to look forward to when Reid leaves in 17 years?

Kelly is so cute. I know you had a great time!

Old 08-30-2008, 06:53 PM   #12
Muffinygood
Proud DVC owner at SSR

HI Mo!

Haven't read a word yet, but wanted to get over here!

Mel
Old 08-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #13
PirateFish989
Searching for the right shoe that will lead me to my Prince Charming

I'm in!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #14
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Can't wait Mo!!!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #15
boysmom5150
DIS Veteran

I found ya. Cant wait to hear all about it

TEAM FOCKER WATCH

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: