DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2008, 05:55 AM   #1
robandkelly13
DIS Veteran

Saratoga Springs at Christmas

Has anyone stayed at SSR over Christmas? Do they decorate? tress, etc.? Any pics?
robandkelly13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:26 AM   #2
Cee
DIS Veteran

We've been there twice in Dec. but not Christmas(week). It's beautiful. They
decorate and it's just lovely. All the resorts do such a wonderful job. Many
who are there over Christmas also decorate their villas with decorations brought
from home. Some members even swap their Christmas trees. They do a "hand
off" so to speak. Enjoy!
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2008, 08:14 AM   #3
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

We also have been over the Christmas season though not Christmas itself - way too busy for me! All of the resorts are beautifully decorated and we make a point of having a sit down meal in each of them just so we can enjoy the decorations and Christmas spirit. Many also have evening entertainment in their lobby's.

We've participated in the Christmas tree swap and are among those that take or send decorations to decorate our door and outdoor lights to string on the balcony.

Christmas at Disney is absolutely my very favorite of all seasons!
Old 08-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #4
capecoddisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

We stayed last Christmas. It was nice, but not overdone. There was a Santa in the lobby, different groups singing carols, and characters in the main lobby. Also, there was a movie (santa claus 2) pool side on Christmas Eve. It is INSANE with the amount of people, all I can say is make ADR or you will cooking.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:12 AM   #5
DisneydaveCT
DIS Veteran

Althought I have not been there on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, most of my trips to WDW are during the period Thanksgiving to New Years. The main reason for going down during that period is the way that Disney decorates the parks and the resorts for the holidays. One of my traditions is to visit as many resorts as possible during my stay to see the different ways the Christmas Trees are decorated. And of course, hearing the CM's perform holiday music is a beautiful experience.

Go and enjoy!!!
A Very Memorable Magical Moment: Scoring a Hole-in-One at Disney's LBV #7, 9/25/06

FUTURE TRIPS: November 18-25 at OKW & SSR. .
PREVIOUS TRIPS: 25+ trips to WDW since 1972 with stays at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Carribean Beach, Contemporary; Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs Resort, & Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
DisneydaveCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #6
nhdisnut
My screen name says it all!!

Follow the link in my signature. I have several pics of SSR at Christmas (and quite a few others.) They do a wonderful job decorating!
Off-site: 1987, 1991, 2000, 2002 2004: April POFQ & AKL 2005: April POR; June DVC Members - SSR! 2006: April SSR/AKL; Aug. BWV; Dec. AS Sports/SSR 2007: Feb. AKV owners!!; April POP, SSR & CSR; Aug. OKW2008: Jan. SSR & our 1st WDW Half-Marathon! April VWL & AKV; Aug. BWV Dec./Jan '08-09 POP, SSR, CBR2009: April POP & AKV Concierge!July POR2010: Feb ASMu, April AKV, July BLT & AKV, Oct AKV and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon! Dec SSR 2011: Feb. First trip to Disneyland!; April POP and off-site, Aug. AKV & Disney Dream! 2012: April POP, AKV & Disney Fantasy!, June POP & POR2013: Feb AKV & Disney Wonder (from Miami), August AKV, BCV & Disney Dream! 2014: Feb. BLT, Disney Magic! & VWL, July CR
nhdisnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:27 PM   #7
tomandrobin
DIS Veteran

Yes the resort is decorated. All of the Disney resorts are decorated for Christmas.

If you have never been to WDW at Christmas time, you are in for a treat!

Where all of our dreams come true!

tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:10 PM   #8
La2kw
DIS Veteran

Location: 90 miles from the happiest place on earth, and the original Disney park- Disneyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robandkelly13 View Post
Has anyone stayed at SSR over Christmas? Do they decorate? tress, etc.? Any pics?
Check out the picture link in my signature. There's photos of all DVC resorts at WDW.
I've slept here: Disney Wonder, Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel, OKW, WL, WLV, AKV (Kidani and Jambo), BC, BCV, BWV, VBR, HHIR, Contemporary, SSR, POFQ, CBR, ASSports, ASMusic, ASMovies, Pop Century, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel

[/url]
La2kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:21 AM   #9
DisneyMama27
Mouseketeer

We stayed at SSR Christmas week last year..loved it! Nowhere more magical than Disney at Christmas! Yes, it was crowded, but not as bad as I had feared!

SSR was decorated beautifully, and DH splurged on the Christmas tree from Disney Floral. It was really nice, but way overpriced! Christmas was everywhere that we went - we got to eat at CRT on Christmas Day, which was an incredible feat and a special memory!

Santa brought Disney gift cards for the kids, which was the perfect gift!

Offsite in 1995, WL - 1/2000, POR - 11/01, CSR - 3/05 (10th ann.), POR - 9/05, POR - 10/06 (joined DVC!), OKW - 1/07, BWV - 7/07, SSR - Christmas '07, SSR - 6/08, SSR - Thanksgiving '08 (Grand Villa w/family!), Christmas Cruise on Wonder 2008, AKV - 6/09, Treehouse Villas 7/10, Eastern Carib. Cruise on Magic 10/10, SSR - Christmas 2010, BWV/OKW - 7/11, Western Carib. on Fantasy 6/12, OKW - 7/12

DisneyMama27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #10
bonrea
Family-Above All Else In Life

DO NOT miss the Holiwood Studio's Back Lot experence at Chritmas. You think you've seen the largest display of Christmas lights. Think again.

Check out the pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30095696@N03/

Last edited by bonrea; 09-01-2008 at 03:30 PM.
bonrea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: