Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2008, 09:04 AM   #16
iluv2go2disney
Please Oh Please! Can't we live at Walt Disney World

I'm lovin' it. It's great reading a TR by a Creative Designs addict. (I understand your addiction.....My name is Wendy and I'm addicted to Disboard designs)
Old 08-30-2008, 09:23 AM   #17
kristisomer
Earning My Ears

I am loving your report and can't wait for more. I followed you over from the Disigns board also.

I can't wait to hear how the surprise went as we leave in 6 days and the kids are clueless. They are 7 & 4

Keep up the great writing.
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2008, 10:01 AM   #18
stcassidy
Mouseketeer

Melissa -

Welcome back. I can't wait to keep reading your TR!!!

Tricia
Old 08-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #19
CarolinaMomOf3boys
I stepped onto the grass on the other side; it wasn't any greener, just different.......A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle......I wasn't born a princess, but if the tiara fits......

Thumbs up They found WHAT???!!!! Pass the valium, I've gone ova the edge!

One week to go. August 18th, had an upper GI scheduled by my doctor. I had gastric bypass a year ago, having some minor issues so he scheduled it. Was hoping results would be back before we left!
The appointment was early that morning, so I was home around 10 am. Ethans best friend Philip had come over, I was in a frantic cleaning mode. Around noonish, Ethan and Philip run downstairs carrying HIS PERSONALIZED MEMORY BOOK I had made him and asked so sweetly, "Hey, MOM, whats this? It says ETHANS MEMORY BOOK".... I must have turned every shade of white there is. Composure is needed, stay calm, think reallyfastasyoucan, remember to BREATHE! Find out facts first, ask questions that wont make a 9 year old think too much. I asked them where did they find it....he said 'in your closet'....it had been packed with EVERYTHING...all 20+ tshirts, pillowcases, passports, 5 other memory books, bags and bags of goodies/gifts. I asked what on earth he was doing in my closet, he was playing hide and go seek, of course Then I said to my darling son, 'haven't I told you a million times to not go into my bedroom without permission' to which he replied 'no mommy, you have only told me about 10 times!!!" Ok, its funny now, but you get the seriousness of the situation. I grab the book, make a mad dash up the stairs, close the door and head for the closet....WHEW, not a single thing had been moved. Everything was tucked and packed exactly the way i had it with tshirts no where in site, which meant they had not rummaged through the rest of it. ok, BREATHE
I dont think he really realized what he had found at all.
The following day they started school, and I was able to get tons of things completed, finished packing everything, made sure they had enough underwear, toothpaste, their toothbrushes, shorts, socks, sandals, crocks, etc, packed....CHECK!
We arranged for a driver to pick us up at our home at 1:30 on sunday, as we had to be at the airport at 2 for the 4 pm flight.
Friday, August 22nd, was my scheduled spa day....it was a surprise from my husband a little while back and boy did i need it by this time!! It was 3 hours of heavenly bliss! I arrived at noon, was given a plush, pink terry cloth robe and matching plastic flip flops....that place smelled heavenly!
First up was my massage....the music, candles, scents, lovely! I kept dozing off and was in there forever, but ended way too quickly....
Next was my facial....i had never had one and it was soo amazing! She had all these gadgets and brushes she used, tons of lotions, masks, etc.
Then came my glass of bubbly champagne...a place after my own heart
Last was my spa pedicure....with foot and leg massage. I picked a new, fabulous color from the fall OPI collection...its called Eiffle for you, or something like that, very pretty dark, rich purple color.
Then it was back home to finish any last minute things that had to be done, by this time everything was pretty much completed, and I had cleaned my house in places that had never been cleaned before due to the fact that a stranger was coming to stay
Saturday, the day before we leave!!!
Tried to act, business as usual. I enlisted a friend of mines help. Her son is Aarons best friend, she offered to have the boys spend the night with her, so we could try to get a good nights sleep, get the bags downstairs and stashed away somewhere and keep the boys busy at her house most of the morning, so they wouldnt be running in and out here. Saturday night we all went out to eat at our favorite pizza place, then they took the boys home with them. they were due home around 1 pm the next day.
The race was on....the countdown started, hearts were pounding...it was almost GO TIME and the boys STILL HAD NO CLUE!!!

Next up: Sunday....D DAY....DISNEY DAY....would the boys figure it out?? what would we tell them when the car service pulled up?
How would we explain going to the airport and what were we doing there?
And when they found all our luggage in the back of the van, what did they ask, what was our answers??

Stay tuned~~

My Magical Surprise of a LIFETIME POST trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936235
T-shirts, invitations and goody bags I have made for my surprise trip!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1864352
Epcot Passports Completed!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1882833

Last edited by CarolinaMomOf3boys; 08-30-2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: typo dork strikes again
Old 08-30-2008, 12:47 PM   #20
iluv2go2disney

Nooooo, you can't leave us hanging like that. We have to know the rest of the story. I'll just sit right here and wait.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #21
CarolinaMomOf3boys
I stepped onto the grass on the other side; it wasn't any greener, just different.......A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle......I wasn't born a princess, but if the tiara fits......

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2go2disney View Post
Nooooo, you can't leave us hanging like that. We have to know the rest of the story. I'll just sit right here and wait.
I'll add more later this evening, fer sure!! I grew up in Ky!

Old 08-30-2008, 12:57 PM   #22
iluv2go2disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMomOf3boys View Post
I'll add more later this evening, fer sure!! I grew up in Ky!
Oh your kidding. Where in Ky? I live in Greenup. It's a small town in N. Eastern Ky. But I grew up in Cynthiana. It's also a small town, about 30 north of Lexington.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:59 PM   #23
CarolinaMomOf3boys

I grew up in Henderson and graduated there!

Old 08-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #24
GoofTroop79
DIS Veteran

You keep me hanging on lol. Whew that was a big Crisis you dodged with Ethan.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #25
stormer
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more. We leave in 4 weeks and our boys (6 and 4) have no idea. They have been there 3 times already, so we are trying to make this trip a surprise. We still haven't decided how to tell them. I can't wait to hear how you told your boys!
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
Old 08-31-2008, 12:46 AM   #26
squirrel
DIS Veteran

It must be so much fun to surprise them.

I am taking my niece (4) for her second trip to Disney-she is not one to like surprises. I'm actually surprised she jumped at the chance so quickly when asked if she wanted to go to Disney World. I guess I got her hooked.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
Old 08-31-2008, 07:26 AM   #27
dogodisney
DIS Veteran

........Patiently waiting to hear more.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:37 AM   #28
Disneymommy2006
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear more!!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:46 AM   #29
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Just found your report and it hooked me. can't wait for more.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:14 PM   #30
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse

Melissa,
I am loving reading your trip report! Don't keep us waiting too long!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: