Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

So hard to plan with young kids... need advice please!

ok so I have a 3 year old and a 4 year old. I want to plan things in the evenings such as dinners,fireworks,electrical water pageant etc.
Am I being unrealistic?? Are they going to want to pass out at 7pm every evening? Neither nap but are usually in bed by 8pm.
Do you guys go back to your hotel during the day to rest or do you keep going? I know every book says make sure you take a mid day rest,but I was wondering what the majority of kids this age do and HOW they do. Are they tired after a couple of hours or can they really hold up all day??
THANKS!! :-)

*May 2015-Grand Floridian and Beach Club * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
Old 11-07-2008, 11:09 PM   #2
disneymomrocks
Earning My Ears

When my 2 were that age we would go back to the hotel for a rest. At least they laid on the bed and watched TV or a swim. I had planned my nights like you are talking about and my kids did fine. I brought my own stroller so they wouldn't have to walk (or be carried!) back to the hotel from the buses. I do recommend staying at a hotel that is closer to the parks so you could take a monrail or boat ride back midday. The buses take to long to get back and forth, so it takes a chunk out of your afternoon. Make sure you schedule in important dinners or shows for more than one night in case they really are too tired you can skip your reservations and call it an early night.

Don't stress to much about it and enjoy your trip. This is a magical age to visit Disney!

DS(11)
DD(8)
DH & Me

1995 Honeymoon GF
2002 Family Gathering BWV
2004 BC, 2007 Poly, 1/09 BWI Can't wait!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: