Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 09:09 AM   #1
paws93
Earning My Ears

Aug-Sept free memory maker offer - fact or fiction???

I just read on a FB page that Disney is offering a free memory maker pkg for stays Aug 15 to Sept 30. I cannot find any other sources for this, has anyone heard anything? It seems strange that they woukd be offering a perk for late summer in February, especially since they currently have a promo running through March. Anyone have any thoughts?!
Disney World Trips: June 1986 - offsite; Sept 1997 - Caribbean Beach; Sept 1998 - Caribbean Beach; Sept 2001 - Caribbean Beach; April 2004 - Caribbean Beach; Sept 2007 - Beach Club; Sept 2009 - Beach Club; Sept 2010 - Beach Club; May 2011 - Beach Club; May 2012 - Wilderness Lodge; Sept 2013 - Beach Club; upcoming Sept 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
paws93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:39 AM   #2
cheerbearsmiles
Disney Princess of New Jersey!

I haven't seen anything directly from Disney about this yet, but one of my FBook friends is an authorized Disney vacation planner and she mentioned it today. Of course, it doesn't apply to my existing reservation, since I'm at Aoa LM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
duckyfordonald
OK - I'm ready for some more fun!

It's on the Disney website under "Special Offers"
Free Memory Maker When You Purchase This 3-Night, 2-Day Kid-Sized Package

Offer Details
Book ThroughApril 20, 2014Valid Travel DatesThis offer is valid for stays most nights April 27 through June 15, 2014 and August 15 through September 30, 2014.Important Details
  • Sample package price based on 2 adults, one child (ages 3 to 9) for a 3-night, 2-day Magic Your Way room and theme park ticket package with free Memory Maker.
  • Number of packages allocated for this offer is limited.
Package Includes
  • Room
  • Theme park tickets
  • Free Memory Maker
Ticket RequirementsTickets are valid for one theme park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. Minimum 2-day ticket required.Offer Restrictions
  • Advance reservations required.
  • No group rates or other discounts apply.
  • Offer excludes campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Memory Maker Details
  • Memory Maker includes photos taken during the Memory Maker window and linked to the Memory Maker Guest’s Disney account.
  • Photos will expire pursuant to the expiration policy at https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go....p-and-support/.
  • Valid Theme Park admission required for certain photo locations.
  • Family and Friends media sharing is subject to the My Magic+ Terms and Conditions.
  • Not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos.
  • Subject to Memory Maker Terms and Conditions.
Resort Hotels Included in This Offer
  • Disney Value Resort hotels: Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, Disney’s All-Star Music Resort, Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites, Disney’s Pop Century Resort
  • Disney Moderate Resort hotels: The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
  • Disney Deluxe Resort hotels: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Polynesian Resort, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort,
    Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney Deluxe Villa Resort hotels: Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village, Disney’s Beach Club Villas, Disney’s BoardWalk Villas, Disney’s Old Key West Resort, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Old 02-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #4
paws93
Earning My Ears

Ohhhh, it's for short stays and small families. I seriously don't think this is all they will offer for late summer vacations, so they can keep their free $149 memory maker! Lol! It expires at the end of April, just in time for them to announce free dining for longer stays! (Fingers crosses, of course!)
Disney World Trips: June 1986 - offsite; Sept 1997 - Caribbean Beach; Sept 1998 - Caribbean Beach; Sept 2001 - Caribbean Beach; April 2004 - Caribbean Beach; Sept 2007 - Beach Club; Sept 2009 - Beach Club; Sept 2010 - Beach Club; May 2011 - Beach Club; May 2012 - Wilderness Lodge; Sept 2013 - Beach Club; upcoming Sept 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
Old 02-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #5
jlynnbnet
Earning My Ears

We got it applied to our package this morning as well as a room discount! And, when they announce the next discount, we'll get that too! Happy for memory maker and a knowledgable travel agent saving me $ at every corner!
jlynnbnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #6
GigiDisneyfreak
DIS Veteran

I saw it on Mousesavers.com under there discount codes

Me, DD(21), DD(15), DGD(2)

Feb. 1987, 1988, and 1990 offsite; July 1992 offsite; Aug 1994 offsite; Oct 1996 Poly and POR(bayou); Sept. 1997 ASMu; Nov. 1998 CBR; May 2002 AKL; Dec. 2004 & 2005 POR(mansions), Mar. 2009 CSR, Mar. 2013 YC,
GigiDisneyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:01 AM   #7
paws93
Earning My Ears

Last night I couldn't sleep so I went on disney's website and priced trip using the free memory maker promo. In addition to memory maker, it was giving a 20% discount on the Wilderness Lodge woods vw room. Free dining would save us more, but I may ask my agent to book with this just in case we don't get free dining. It's a little better than the AAA discount this year, so every little bit helps!
Old 02-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #8
paws93
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnbnet View Post
We got it applied to our package this morning as well as a room discount! And, when they announce the next discount, we'll get that too! Happy for memory maker and a knowledgable travel agent saving me $ at every corner!
If you get the free dining you'll lose the room discount though. Personally I'd prefer free dining since it saves us more as a family of 4 (2 ad/2ch.)
Old 02-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #9
maplesuga
Earning My Ears

You can add as many days as you want - it just has to be a minimum of 3. I booked it last night - I WAS paying $2600 (undiscounted, room + 7-day park hoppers for 2 adults & one child) at POFQ, but I saw this and switched to Riverside where for $2500 I got the Memory Maker, 8-day park hopper + waterpark, and standard room.

This is for September 13-20 of this year.

If the Free Dining comes out at a later date for Riverside, I will probably switch to that...really, I just want the best deal. We paid $45 for 3 pictures 2 years ago, so the Memory Maker is something I really want to take advantage of...
maplesuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #10
Gmunga
Earning My Ears

How can people say they got this and room discounts when it reads on WDW this? Would love to know going Aug.9-16 10 in my family staying @ POTR not 1 discount almost $10,000 for 2 rooms,6 day tickets w/hopper & water parks and dining. Will take any help!

Copied from WDW--Important Details: No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Offer excludes campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
Gmunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #11
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmunga View Post
How can people say they got this and room discounts when it reads on WDW this? Would love to know going Aug.9-16 10 in my family staying @ POTR not 1 discount almost $10,000 for 2 rooms,6 day tickets w/hopper & water parks and dining. Will take any help!

Copied from WDW--Important Details: No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Offer excludes campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
I quoted a client with and without this offer, and there was a small room discount on top of free MM.
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:17 PM   #12
Auntrosie
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! I booked in Sept for 9 nights hoping to add free dining. I changed my reservation to this package. It dropped the cost significantly. Now I can relax a bit while I wait for the free dinning Promo.
Auntrosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:08 PM   #13
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmunga View Post

The offer in Aug starts Aug 15 so your dates are before the discount applies.
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:41 PM   #14
Skjhjb
Mouseketeer

I don't see this anywhere on the Disney site....
Second Trip - POR May 13-19/2014!!!
Skjhjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #15
Auntrosie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skjhjb View Post
I don't see this anywhere on the Disney site....
From the home page scroll down to the bottom of the page from the menu on the left select Special Offers.
Auntrosie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: