Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #16
IndyBride
DIS Veteran

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You started your PJ!! Love the pics and can't wait to see more!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #17
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisneySpirit View Post
Well, I had breakfast and then read your first installment - it was wonderful, Heidi!!! What a lucky girl you are; it sounds like you hit paydirt I come from a military family and grew up all over so I feel a bit of kinship with you already More, More
Yay for military families! I wasn't a military brat, but now I know ALL about the moves In fact, I have to move two weeks before the wedding Luckily, it's only 1 1/2 hours away from where I already live in Germany...and my Mom is coming for backup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam View Post
Heidi -- Your story is so romantic! Your DH is awesome and I am so glad you are getting to plan a wedding at WDW! You are getting married (again) a week after DH and I get married (again)! LOVE the pictures and can't wait to hear more.
Whoops...I should have replied to you here! Where is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBride View Post
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You started your PJ!! Love the pics and can't wait to see more!!!
All of you are so COOL!!! Everyone else gets so sick of wedding details, I don't know what I would do without you!
tiggerrifficheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #18
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Heidi, we will be at the Wedding Pavilion, Whitehall Patio and Whitehall Ballroom. Our dessert party the night before is at Sago Cay Pointe to watch & listen to WISHES!!
Old 08-24-2008, 07:17 PM   #19
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

Save the Dates

I know I promised more details today!

I usually like to follow a well-ordered process when telling a story (a bit OCD..yes!), but I will vent that I still haven't gotten my contract and I am less than 5 months out!!! I really want that done, so my guests can start making plans!

So, I spent today putting together a wedding website and my own Save the Dates. Bear in mind, I wanted the STDs FAST (since my DFTW ones aren't coming quickly enough to suit me), so I put together a photo thing on zazzle.com

I have a Mac, and I tried using iPhoto, but I liked the end result better in Zazzle and it was cheaper! 100 for $65 (30% off) and I used a code (CUSTOMER1006) to get free shipping ($16.99 savings!)

I took one of our engagement pics, put it in Keynote (like Powerpoint), added Disney font...and voila Then I exported it to iPhoto and uploaded it to Zazzle. I added text, to include the website I created, on the back. I can't show that, since I don't actually HAVE them yet.

What do you think?

Here's the website:

http://web.me.com/heidi.anne/Wedding

Okay...more tomorrow! Good night!
Old 08-24-2008, 07:32 PM   #20
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerrifficheidi View Post
What do you think?

Here's the website:

http://web.me.com/heidi.anne/Wedding

Okay...more tomorrow! Good night!
Heidi, that is awesome!!! Great job! Now get some sleep so you can give us more details tomorrow! (how many hours are you ahead of WDW?)
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:43 PM   #21
Keira1387
Married at Disney August 2, 2008

Love your save the dates!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 08:11 PM   #22
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Yeah!

YEAH! Another PJ!!!
I love Macs! I didn't realize you could put something into keynote and export it...As BF says, I should RTFM (Read The F***** Manual) Someday I'll get around to it! Love the STD's! Keep the pix coming!!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 11:03 PM   #23
IndyBride
DIS Veteran

The STD's look great!!!! It's great picture of you two.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:05 AM   #24
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
Heidi, that is awesome!!! Great job! Now get some sleep so you can give us more details tomorrow! (how many hours are you ahead of WDW?)
Thanks! I'm six hours ahead of WDW. I've been staying up WAY past my bedtime! A bit of a DISboard obsession, I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keira1387 View Post
Love your save the dates!!!
Thanks! I'm just hoping they arrive QUICKLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petals & Pixie Dust View Post
YEAH! Another PJ!!!
I love Macs! I didn't realize you could put something into keynote and export it...As BF says, I should RTFM (Read The F***** Manual) Someday I'll get around to it! Love the STD's! Keep the pix coming!!!!
Don't worry. I didn't read the manual, either. I just knew I couldn't put text on a photo in iPhoto (or didn't know how), so I did it in Keynote. Then, I happened to be looking at the menus and saw "Send To" and there was iPhoto! How convenient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBride View Post
The STD's look great!!!! It's great picture of you two.
Thank you! It's one of the Roots' e-pics they took of us. It was convenient that it had a lot of sky showing, so I could put the text!
Old 08-25-2008, 04:06 AM   #25
bridetobe789
2009 Disney Bride!!!

YaY for the pj!! Love the STD's! So jealous you get to have a disney wedding twice! Can't wait to see more!

*07.08.09 Tricia & Chris WP/LSS/Sago Cay*
bridetobe789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:17 AM   #26
WithDisneySpirit
DIS Veteran

I love your website too, Heidi!!! The Roots took fabulous e-pics; the one you chose is perfect
Old 08-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #27
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

The STDs turned out great; I used Zazzle for our custom stamps and they were fantastic.

The web site really is wonderful. The colors are so engaging and the information for your guests is really helpful. We did a tea at the Gardenview Room the weekend of our wedding and the ladies loved it! We even bought hats to wear for the occasion

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #28
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

WOW! Heidi -- that is just gorgeous!! You are really talented to figure that all out and get it composed so beautifully! Loving your PJ. Can't wait to hear more and I am so glad you love posting pix!
Old 08-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #29
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

ok..i just read your website and want to know when my Save the Date packet is coming!!! LOL!!!
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:22 PM   #30
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridetobe789 View Post
YaY for the pj!! Love the STD's!
I'm glad y'all like them! I'm so proud that they're budget (particularly with the free shipping coupon!), since I don't think any other part of the wedding will be!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisneySpirit View Post
I love your website too, Heidi!!! The Roots took fabulous e-pics; the one you chose is perfect
I have Lurkyloo (Carrie) to thank for them! They are the sweetest couple, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
We did a tea at the Gardenview Room the weekend of our wedding and the ladies loved it! We even bought hats to wear for the occasion
I loved your hats...particularly yours!!! I have to start hat-shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam View Post
WOW! Heidi -- that is just gorgeous!! You are really talented to figure that all out and get it composed so beautifully! Loving your PJ. Can't wait to hear more and I am so glad you love posting pix!
I really am not nearly as crafty as some of you probably are...that's why I LOVE my Mac. It makes me LOOK artistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
ok..i just read your website and want to know when my Save the Date packet is coming!!! LOL!!!
That's the worst part of all this! Most of you are probably more interested in these details than some of my guests will be!!! It's not fair that we can't have it all Seriously, though, I agree with you. I'd love to be a guest at ALL the weddings I see here. So many creative, beautiful touches!

I just got an email that my contract is here for my review (go figure!), so I better look at that and get dinner cooking before I write any more. I hate cooking for one...anyone feel like comin' over for dinner

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: