Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

Tom & Heidi 1/19/09 Italy WD/WP/Narcoossee's/Sago Cay...Sprint to the Finish!!!

Hello DISers!

Okay, I'm finally doing it. I've broken myself away from everyone's PJ long enough to start my own!

I'll start with a little background.

First off, we're already married. We had an Escape Wedding in June (see my TR), which was very impromptu, but the Jan wedding was THE plan all along, so we're sticking with it. Plus, if DH is willing to let me have two DFTWs, who am I to argue?

DH and I met in Germany. We're both stationed here with the Army. We actually got together on a group trip to Paris with friends. We had been flirting beforehand, but I like to think it was the romance of the city that clinched the deal!

Here's where I warn you that I love pictures, so if you don't...I apologize (but keep putting them in your PJs anyway, because I love them!)

Here's us in Paris!

We dated for a year and did some pretty cool things (traveling around Europe...a benefit of living over here...the down side is it's a LONG way from WDW!)

Here's Cinque Terre in Italy. Go there if you EVER have the chance.

Well, the whole year, we knew I would deploy for a year, and then he would deploy the NEXT year, so we convinced ourselves it wouldn't work to be separated for two years while we were dating. So, we broke up a couple months before I deployed and were determined to make it as "just friends."

This is us as "just friends." Do you think it was working?

So, I deployed and NOW my DH tells me that was a horrible day for him, and from that point on, he just locked his heart up and dedicated himself to work.

This is us the day I deployed.

We stayed in contact, and I would send him pictures, just like I did my other "friends." Here's the funny part...this picture is special to him, because he says when he saw it his heart sank and he knew what he had lost. Bear in mind...it's August in Iraq...probably 120 degrees! And I'm sitting in a HMMWV in PT uniform! I tell you what, if a man can love you when you look like that...

I have to throw this one in, because I think it's funny! It was all the girls in my company acting "mean." We really aren't at all!

This is where I get a little mean. I was planning my R&R trip to Australia with a girlfriend of mine. But, I hadn't packed my civilian clothes. So, I asked DH to go to my house and get me some clothes and to "help" him, I gave him a "list" of pictures of outfits I wanted. Of course, they all had the two of us in them together

MY DH is a bit OCD about ziploc baggies, so when I got the clothes and they were painstakingly packed in ziploc baggies...I knew it was love

Soon afterwards we had an IM conversation where he hinted that "we could work" and he talked about lining up our future assignments together. I thought he meant date ad naseum and I said "I'm 32!!!! I want to get married someday." So, he said "how 'bout we have a goal...say my R&R trip." I thought he meant get engaged on his R&R trip. Well, he meant get married!!!

Now I'm sure that's not the most romantic proposal ever, but it does get better! I told him promptly that it wouldn't get him out of proposing (he said he wouldn't want it to) and the next thing out of my mouth (or hands, really, since I was IMing!) was that I wanted a DFTW! He had never been to WDW, and he said it sounded like a great idea!

Long story somewhat shortened...we were supposed to overlap in Iraq for two months, and we wanted to be married (mostly because that's the only way we'd be allowed to share the same room on Balad! ), so we were going to get married by proxy in TX. He was going to visit my parents and marry "me." Then, I found out I was coming home early to take a different job...so the proxy was off, and we were able to take leave together!

So, I told him I needed to go to WDW to plan for Jan anyway, so why don't we just get married there. He did most of the coordination for the Escape wedding in about a week (see my TR).

He met me at the airport and brought me home to a house full of flowers. They were spread out through the house...but I combined them for a picture.

Then he proposed...but we still didn't have a ring. More to follow on that...

So...the day of our wedding (I know...we were nuts!), we had our sort-of PS. I'll put that in another installation!

Last edited by tiggerrifficheidi; 08-02-2009 at 07:41 AM.
tiggerrifficheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

YAY for starting your PJ, i am so happy that things worked out for the two of you in the end! congrats!
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

WOW what a great story!!!! You and you husband are so awesome!

I look forward to hearing all your plans
Lynn5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Heidi,

So glad you started your NEXT PJ!!!! How awesome, two DFTW in such a short time. Can't wait to read more and post those pics, I love looking at them too.
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:11 PM   #5
linzwylie
Always looking for an excuse to visit 'the world' !!!

great story, I cant wait to read more !

What beautiful flowers

Linz xxx
linzwylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #6
XmasPixie
Mouseketeer

Oh yes - keep sharing those pictures - you can never have too many of those.

Congratulations and good luck with your planning. You have such a great story. And as I just posted in your June TR - thank you so much for all that you and your DH do. I am a proud family member of a recent member of the Army and you all are just amazing.

Looking forward to following along with your planning. Thanks for sharing!
XmasPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:03 PM   #7
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

YAY I am so glad you started your PJ!!!! Your story is so cute and how awesome that you get TWO DFTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am officially jealous!
DisneyBrideToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:10 PM   #8
jessesgirl-080708
I got married at the happiest place on earth!

I'm jealous too!

I'm sure this wedding is going to be beautiful.. if you threw that one together in a week at Sunset Pointe! I loved the flowers! Can't wait to see pics from this one, I am sure they will be beautiful!!!

Carly & Jesse. August 7th 2008.WP/WH/SCP.
jessesgirl-080708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:12 PM   #9
Keira1387
Married at Disney August 2, 2008

I'm so glad you started a PJ! Can't wait to hear more!!
Old 08-23-2008, 11:15 PM   #10
DecemberBride
DIS Veteran

Soooooo happy you started your PJ! I loooove the pics, but i especially love the one of you girls in Iraq... you gals rock!!!!!!! Can't wait for more!
DecemberBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:22 AM   #11
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Yay you started! Can't wait to read more!!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:23 AM   #12
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
YAY for starting your PJ, i am so happy that things worked out for the two of you in the end! congrats!
Me, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
WOW what a great story!!!! You and you husband are so awesome!

I look forward to hearing all your plans
I'm glad you liked the story! But, now that the "introductions" are out of the way, I can post "wedding stuff!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
Heidi,

So glad you started your NEXT PJ!!!! How awesome, two DFTW in such a short time. Can't wait to read more and post those pics, I love looking at them too.
Good! I have more And I kinda wish I had more time to plan the second one...because y'all have such good ideas to "borrow!" But, if we wait till he comes home from Iraq for good, it will be July (hopefully...if he's not on a 15 month-er!), and I'd rather be at WDW when it's calmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzwylie View Post
great story, I cant wait to read more !

What beautiful flowers

Linz xxx
He shocked me with the flowers. I kept running from room to room seeing more flowers. I really love flowers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmasPixie View Post
Oh yes - keep sharing those pictures - you can never have too many of those.

Congratulations and good luck with your planning. You have such a great story. And as I just posted in your June TR - thank you so much for all that you and your DH do. I am a proud family member of a recent member of the Army and you all are just amazing.

Looking forward to following along with your planning. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! I am glad to finally get this thing off the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideToni View Post
YAY I am so glad you started your PJ!!!! Your story is so cute and how awesome that you get TWO DFTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am officially jealous!
Toni, I thought your story was cute, too! I can't wait to see your final product! And there's always VR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl-080708 View Post
I'm jealous too!

I'm sure this wedding is going to be beautiful.. if you threw that one together in a week at Sunset Pointe! I loved the flowers! Can't wait to see pics from this one, I am sure they will be beautiful!!!
We went very basic Escape wedding for June, so that made it quite a bit easier. Plus, I had low expectations, since I didn't have time to obsess about it! January will be different...PLENTY of time to obsess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keira1387 View Post
I'm so glad you started a PJ! Can't wait to hear more!!
Thanks! I am going to do more this morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberBride View Post
Soooooo happy you started your PJ! I loooove the pics, but i especially love the one of you girls in Iraq... you gals rock!!!!!!! Can't wait for more!
I'm glad someone got a kick out of it I was a maintenance company commander (Blackhawk maintenance), and we don't usually have a lot of girls (girls don't gravitate toward repairing things), but the company commander (me), executive officer, one platoon leader, one platoon sergeant and the production control officer were all girls! My poor first sergeant had to deal with all of us! I think he secretly enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
Yay you started! Can't wait to read more!!
I'm going to make breakfast and then get started...
tiggerrifficheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:31 AM   #13
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Wow your having two disney weddings?!? Thats sooooo cool!!!

Can't wait to here all your plans!

I was a Disney Bride - May 18th 2009
Wedding Pavilion * Grand Floridian * Sago Cay Point
Pinkerbell1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:01 AM   #14
WithDisneySpirit
DIS Veteran

Well, I had breakfast and then read your first installment - it was wonderful, Heidi!!! What a lucky girl you are; it sounds like you hit paydirt I come from a military family and grew up all over so I feel a bit of kinship with you already More, More
Old 08-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #15
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Heidi -- Your story is so romantic! Your DH is awesome and I am so glad you are getting to plan a wedding at WDW! You are getting married (again) a week after DH and I get married (again)! LOVE the pictures and can't wait to hear more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: