Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
AmandaSparks730
All shall know the wonder of purple summerHow do you document real life, when real life is getting more like fiction each day?Glitter-Sparkle Powah!

Whatcha Doin' On The Kitchen Table? A TR :) UPDATE! 9/8

Finally! It's here! The Trip Report!

PTR is in my sig.

I'll let you catch up.

Done? GOOD!

Pictures will come later, as will Day 1
Old 08-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

I'll be sitting here waiting!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
KidGoofy
This
Loves Pierogies
Just remember VMK is still always watching you
i worship devan

subscribing
Old 08-22-2008, 09:15 AM   #4
inlalaland
Wanna dance until my feet can't feel the grounddd

Get off that cake!!

Yay!
Old 08-22-2008, 03:22 PM   #5
princesskelz
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

We aint afraid of a little rain!
No Escape from Reality

sitting and waiting
Old 08-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #6
AmandaSparks730
All shall know the wonder of purple summerHow do you document real life, when real life is getting more like fiction each day?Glitter-Sparkle Powah!

Day 1: Arrival, EPCOT, and Bad British Accents

Here are my notes for the day, direct from my Trip Journal. I will translate it out afterwards. Pics to come when we get the Photopass pics online.

Woke up early today. Couldn't sleep due to my usual Thursday night insomnia. Left home at 7:50. Got to airport at 7:55. Check-in was quick as well as security. Was at gate by 8:05. Played cards. Boarded plane and left a bit later than scheduled. Read BD. In MCO at 1:00. On ME by 1:15. At hotel close to 2. In EPCOT by 3. Went walk-on Figment. Walk-on Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. Walk-on Nemo. Walk-on O'Canada. Met Pooh, Piglet, Alice, Mary Poppins, Eeyore. Good dinner. Illuminations.

Let me translate this!

I set my alarm for 6:30 a.m. And went to bed at 10 the night before. But I couldn't sleep! Usually I can't sleep on Thursday nights for some reason, so I spent most of the night awake, thinking of all my DIS friends. Aly arrived at 7:40, and my grandmother picked us up at 7:50. We live literally 5 minutes away from the airport, so we were there by 7:55. Curbside check in was fast, and there were NO lines at security. Therefore, we were at the gate by 8:05. Mind you, our flight was at 10:05. So what do you do for 2 hours in a very small airport? We just played cards. Yes, played cards. So exciting, we are. FINALLY, the plane boarded (Southwest flight, by the way). I just read Breaking Dawn on the way there, only breaking to eat my Lunchables (I'm that cool). We landed in MCO around 1:00 (not too bad for a one-way trip). Since ME was taking care of luggage for us, we went to check in there, and got the next bus out to the Downtown Disney resort area (SS, OKW, POR/POFQ, and...something else). We arrived at POR close to 2. Beautiful resort. Check in was smooth, and our room was ready for us! 8052, Acadian House, on Magnolia Bend (mansion rooms). We put down the carry-ons and hopped on a bus to EPCOT. First thing we did was Journey Into Imagination with Figment (no wait). A classic favorite of mine! Next, we did HISTA. (Anyone else find the "pre-show" to be just a giant commerical for Kodak?) Last on the FW side was The Seas with Nemo and Friends (let's go explore in the biiiiiig blllluuuue woooooorrrrldddddd) which was walk-on. Then, we headed over to WS, starting with Canada (saw 'O Canada, walk-on). I did like the updated version. Walking on to the UK, we ran into Pooh, Piglet, and Eeyore in the Toy Soldier shop. Walking outside, we found Alice and Mary Poppins! Alice was quite nice, very friendly; Mary didn't really chat with us. Dinner was at Rose and Crown (ADR's at 6:00). We checked in early, and were seated at 5:45!

TBC...
Old 08-22-2008, 03:44 PM   #7
holcomb-mania
DIS Veteran

You're close enough to have one of those moving sidewalks installed running from your house!
Old 08-22-2008, 08:16 PM   #8
IrishFinneganFan
Newbie who needs to dedicate time for some posting!

Sounds cool so far. I'm subscribing, but I wont be posting for a while. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for FL, (off-property), and won't have too much internet access.

"Fantasy, if it is really convincing, cannot become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time." - Walt Disney

"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." - Christopher Robin

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." - Pooh!

One thing you should know, no matter where I go. We'll always be together.
Forever and Ever!
Old 08-28-2008, 02:29 PM   #9
AmandaSparks730

Day 1 Part 2!

By the way, this post is in honor of my TB friend, George! (aka marypops!) He's from the UK, and asked me to say hello to Pooh for him

So I left you off when we were checking in for our ADR's at Rose & Crown. Our sever was pretty nice, and we were seated close to the door, near the bar. I ordered the Fish and Chips, dad ordered the steak and fish, and mom and Aly had the chicken. Our food came within 15 minutes (give or take), and it was pretty good. Best fish and chips I've had, actually! Although we were stuffed, the dining plan comes with dessert. Dad had the sticky toffee pudding (by recommendation of George ), mom had the fruit cobbler, and I had the chocolate scotch cake. My cake was good (then again, I DO love chocolate), and dad enjoyed his pudding. We left around 7, and proceeded to France. We just browsed in some shops, smelling the purfume and whatnot. At the cooking/wine store, the cashiers sang "Happy Birthday" to Aly in French She takes French in school (while I take Spanish) so she understood them. (I just kinda nodded) Next, of course, was Moracco, which is one of my favorite pavilions at World Showcase. I love wandering deep into it, pretending like I'm in Mecca or Medina or Marakeesh (sp?). Next was Japan, and we stopped in the department store to browse some more. Next, we just walked through the USA (not much to see there!) and Italy. We wandered into Germany a bit, as well as China. Norway was next, and we went into the store there (I love the smell of Lalia!). Last, of course, was Mexico. This is my favorite pavillion. Having been to Mexico, this looks like, and feels like, the real thing. We went over to the Cantina de San Angel for seats to watch Illuminations. This was at 9 tonight. Yes, we made it from England to Mexico before 9:00! Illuminations was wonderful, as usual, but we still got stuck in the traffic of people leaving the park . We were on the bus by 9:45, and in the room by 10:15 or so. Acadian House is close to the lobby, so that was nice at the end of a long day!

Coming up next...

"You flew all the way here?! Did you use pixie dust?!"
Old 09-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #10
IrishFinneganFan

There's always traffic after the fireworks, but you have to live with it. When at Epcot my family tends to try and take the boat over to the studios if it's open after the fireworks. We usually wander around for a while before taking the buses from there.

I have to say I love your avatar. That's one of my all-time favorite quotes!

"Fantasy, if it is really convincing, cannot become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time." - Walt Disney

"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." - Christopher Robin

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." - Pooh!

Forever and Ever!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #11
AmandaSparks730

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishFinneganFan View Post
There's always traffic after the fireworks, but you have to live with it. When at Epcot my family tends to try and take the boat over to the studios if it's open after the fireworks. We usually wander around for a while before taking the buses from there.

I have to say I love your avatar. That's one of my all-time favorite quotes!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishFinneganFan View Post
Sounds cool so far. I'm subscribing, but I wont be posting for a while. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for FL, (off-property), and won't have too much internet access.
Thanks for subscribing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holcomb-mania View Post
You're close enough to have one of those moving sidewalks installed running from your house!
I know! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskelz View Post
sitting and waiting
Hiya, Kels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlalaland View Post
Yay!
Elsie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGoofy View Post
subscribing
Thanks, Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
I'll be sitting here waiting!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:35 AM   #12
AmandaSparks730

Splash, Pirates, Pixie Dust, and Presidents

Day 2! 8/16/08

Trip Journal entry of the day:

"MK day! Made rope drop. Walk on Splash ond BTMRR. Walk on HM. Back to Aladdin and Pirates. (Walk on both) Fastpass Splash. Hall of Presidents. Lunch at Columbia. Philharmagic. To Toontown--princesses. Fastpass Pooh. TTA. Parade (3:00) Laugh Floor (walk on). Buzz. Fastpass Space. Walked on Main Street. Dinner at Crystal Palace. Jungle Cruise. Dragged on Small World. Fastpass Splash. Wishes. In room by 11."

I'll translate this later, as I have to leave now
Old 09-08-2008, 05:21 AM   #13
AmandaSparks730

I'm back now, and I have time for a good update before school

We set our wake-up call for 7:30, to make the 9:00 rope drop at MK. We were out the room by 8:30, and at MK by 8:50. We hadn't been to MK rope drop before (only AK, in 2003) so this was something new for all of us. We all agreed to do Splash Mountain first, so we headed to Liberty Square. We cut through LS, and arrived at Splash by 9:05. Walk-on! Found the Hidden Mickey (finally!) in the final scene. Since BTMRR showed a 10 minute wait, we headed there next. Walk-on! Our next stop was Haunted Mansion. The new features were really nice, and didn't take away from the ride at all. (This walk walk on as well) We backtracked to Adventureland, and rode the Magic Carpets of Aladdin (no wait). Next was Pirates of the Caribbean, WALK-ON! Were we having luck today or what? When we exited the ride, we ran into Peter Pan and Wendy . Let me tell you, Peter Pan was CUTE. BEYOND CUTE. Here's a sample of our conversation:

Peter: Where do you live?
Me: RI.
Peter: Is that far from here?
Me: A bit.
Peter: A bit? Well, did you walk?
Me: No.
Peter: Did you fly?
Me: Yes.
Peter: YOU FLEW?! ALL THE WAY HERE?! DID YOU USE PIXIE DUST?!
Me: YES!!
Peter: Did you save enough for the way home?
Me: YES!!
Wendy: Oh, keep that away from the pirates, Peter. They don't have enough happy thoughts...except for walking the plank, and that's not very happy.

That....made my day. Seriously.

Next, we had Fastpasses for Splash, and we got SOAKED this time (my butt was still wet at 8:00 at night!) It was now almost 11...and here...came...the...RAIN! It POURED! Hall of Presidents was nearby, so we seeked shelter there, and made the 11 show. Now, I actually like this attraction, and I'm 15, so... By now it's 11:30, and we've done half the park with little wait. How will we last til our dinner reservations at 6, let alone Wishes at 10?

Coming up next...

Day 2 Part 2:

Princesses, Pooh, and Monsters, OH MY!
Old 09-24-2008, 07:32 PM   #14
ears4all!
DIS Veteran

MORE!

Great Job!

WDW offsite 1999-WDW offsite 2002-Beach 2003-WDW offsite 2004-Beach 2005-WDW Boardwalk Villas 2006-Colorado 2007
Disney Wonder 2008-Arizona! 2009

Isaiah 40:31
Old 11-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #15
IrishFinneganFan

Wondering if you plan on continuing this. I liked it.

Forever and Ever!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: