Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2008, 10:18 AM   #31
CanadianPaco
Canadian
I was 5'4" because of my big hair

Very interesting - thanks!
Aug 2009 - ASMu / Aug 2010 - POFQ
Aug 2007 - HoJos - DL / April 2009 - HoJos - DL
Aug 2004 - ASMo / July 2005 - Pop
CanadianPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:35 AM   #32
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

TAlk about service!!!

I called yesterday at about 11 am to let the Polynesian know we were missing a suitcase. The CM in the bag room located it and said they would ship it back to us.

It arrived about half an hour ago, just about 25 hours after they were notified that it was missing. Not bad for getting a suitcase from FL to NY to my front door!!!

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #33
Aliceacc

Totally selfish bump

We're going back this summer and I want to see what worked for us last summer !!!

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Old 02-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #34
Mouse House Mama
Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!
Hello-Buddy the Elf what's your favorite color?!
I wonder if they make pullups for adults
I was not the farter- I was the fartee

Hey! Glad to see you are getting to go back! I believe we were at the Poly the same time as you were last year! We were there for 11 days during Faye and we only had to wear sunblock twice! It was still fun though and we did the parks in the rain and there was no wait for anything. Where are you staying this time?
Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift....
WL Sept. 2004,Poly June 2005,Poly April 2006 with Grandma & Grandpa, Pop Aug. 2006, WL Dec. 2006, FW Cabins Feb. 2007,AllStar Music Jan. 2008, Poly Aug. 2008,Yacht Club Aug. 2009, Poly Aug. 2009, Pop Aug. 2011, Pop May 2012, All Star Music June 2013, Bonnet Creek July 2013
Mouse House Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:31 AM   #35
Aliceacc

The Poly again!

We really don't have the money, and in this economy it's not the smartest move. (But credit cards are paid off, and as teachers our jobs are fairly secure.) Instead of banking our whole tax return, we'll stimulate the Orlando economy a while.

Since this time last year, we've had a huge black cloud over our house: my mastecetomy followed 8 days later by the death of my father in law, my radiation (it just ended Friday ) several fender benders (mostly caused by my driving while preoccupied wtih health issues), the girls coming home with head lice, the babysitter MIA for 2 months because of a car accident.... the list goes on and on. So we're throwing caution to the wind and going back to Disney for a week on the 4/3 deal; fiscal responsibility can start again in September.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:58 AM   #36
Mouse House Mama
Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!
Hello-Buddy the Elf what's your favorite color?!
I wonder if they make pullups for adults
I was not the farter- I was the fartee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
The Poly again!

We really don't have the money, and in this economy it's not the smartest move. (But credit cards are paid off, and as teachers our jobs are fairly secure.) Instead of banking our whole tax return, we'll stimulate the Orlando economy a while.

Since this time last year, we've had a huge black cloud over our house: my mastecetomy followed 8 days later by the death of my father in law, my radiation (it just ended Friday ) several fender benders (mostly caused by my driving while preoccupied wtih health issues), the girls coming home with head lice, the babysitter MIA for 2 months because of a car accident.... the list goes on and on. So we're throwing caution to the wind and going back to Disney for a week on the 4/3 deal; fiscal responsibility can start again in September.

You have had a rough year! I too would book the trip. My feeling is as long as you can pay your bills you'll be fine. You can't live banking every single penny because then you haven't really lived. KWIM? I think it's good to take time and recharge. What better place than the Poly?! We booked GF because of the 4/3 deal but are having second thoughts. We are loyal Poly fans and now DH wants to try the Yacht Club. So we have no idea what we are doing.
We had such a nice time last august. The Poly is so relaxing. Our kids call it our home in Disney! I just wish we had less rain. I don't know how people do it in places like Seattle. I need some sun!
Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift....
WL Sept. 2004,Poly June 2005,Poly April 2006 with Grandma & Grandpa, Pop Aug. 2006, WL Dec. 2006, FW Cabins Feb. 2007,AllStar Music Jan. 2008, Poly Aug. 2008,Yacht Club Aug. 2009, Poly Aug. 2009, Pop Aug. 2011, Pop May 2012, All Star Music June 2013, Bonnet Creek July 2013
Mouse House Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:48 AM   #37
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

Not to sound nosy but..

How were you able to get so much in gift cards. Did you just buy them before you went down or what?

That gave me the idea of buying giftcards every so often leading up to our trip instead of having to rely on creditcards the whole trip.

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #38
Aliceacc

We booked last year's trip a year ahead of time-- about 53 weeks before we went.

So every birthday, and Christmas and Valentines Day and Easter-- all included a gift card. The aunts and uncles were in on it too, so they did the same. For birthdays, the kids got a small gift and a gift card. It was a painless way of saving for the trip.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:05 AM   #39
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

Thanks. I think that's a great idea.

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:07 AM   #40
Aliceacc

We warned the kids this morning... if they want the spending money for this year's trip, they had better start saving ASAP!!

Old 04-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #41
Aliceacc

Yet another shameless bump as I plan for this year

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: