Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2008, 10:19 PM   #106
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Our nice driver, Bob told us all about the latest weather reports and promised we should have full sun by Friday. We’ll just see about that.
Sorry.

Quote:
Allow me to digress a bit … last year Maddie had found the “My Disney Girl” doll at Epcot on one of our last days. Well, she had spent all her souvie money on other crap and I refused to purchase it for her. A few months later, I found out on the DIS from MizDiz, actually, that the dolls were on clearance so I ordered from WDW and had it sent to our house for Maddie’s birthday. Long story short, she loves the doll and dragged her back to Florida with us.
Oh, man, I have a story about this. Later! Thanks for reminding me, though!

Quote:
Almost as far as the Great Walk of ’07. You all know about that one, right?
Ohhhh, Jooooo....

Quote:
Evan asleep with Flat Jen
Awww...

Quote:
And that's when I noticed "it" was missing!
Quote:
Oh, no! What?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:57 PM   #107
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

That is so cute that Andy found a matching princess dress for the doll and how funny about the naughty FG.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2008, 11:59 PM   #108
ncsjodi
GO COLTS!!!!

Okay, how long you going to keep us hanging, T? I need entertainment, remember? What's the big "it"??????

Old 09-05-2008, 12:40 AM   #109
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Hi. I have officially crawled out of the rock I was under because I had no clue u started a TR! I'm a bad cousin.

But...I ma all caught up now! I love the matching dresses - SO cute! And the sleeping Evan with FJ is too funny!

Oh god, what is "it"?????

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 09-05-2008, 09:27 AM   #110
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Our nice driver, Bob told us all about the latest weather reports and promised we should have full sun by Friday.
Bob don't know Jack.

Quote:
Since when do Disney Princesses wear flip flops?
At least they've got a wedge!

Quote:
Long story short, she loves the doll and dragged her back to Florida with us.

Quote:
I guess Andy had been walking around with Evan and found the My Disney Girl outfits, and bought Maddie’s doll a matching Princess gown. He brought it to me and I showed Maddie. When she saw the gown, her face just light up!
Andy's a GREAT dad!

Quote:
“Sure, Mom… I mean whatever you’re in to.”

Quote:
Maddie After:

Such a beauty! I just wanna pinch her cheeks... but no doubt she'd then slap me with her eyes.

Quote:
the Great Walk of ’07.

Quote:
TE wanted that master room, so bad that she gave me a huge guilt trip. Which is not uncommon. For TE. So, I reluctantly gave in and we took the room with 2 queens and no Jacuzzi tub. D’Oh!
Did she later complain about the bed?

Quote:
Evan asleep with Flat Jen
This cutie - HE might let me pinch his cheeks!

Quote:
I jumped on the horn and ordered the works; pizza, salads, dessert and liter of coke.
How was the pizza? I've heard conflicting reports...

Quote:
WALDO?!?!

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 09-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #111
ncsjodi
GO COLTS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Bob don't know Jack.
Shouldn't that be, "Bob don't know Faye?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Did she later complain about the bed?

Old 09-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #112
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahMama View Post
Hi Fockers!!!
:Wave2:

Quote:
Our nice driver, Bob told us all about the latest weather reports and promised we should have full sun by Friday. We’ll just see about that.

Sorry...continue...

Quote:
back to present day-ish. I guess Andy had been walking around with Evan and found the My Disney Girl outfits, and bought Maddie’s doll a matching Princess gown. He brought it to me and I showed Maddie. When she saw the gown, her face just light up!

She is daddy's cutie:

Quote:
One of the FGiT asked me if she could dress the doll for Maddie. I sat and watched as the FGiT struggled to hold the doll and open the package. I offered to strip the doll for her whilst she opened the box, with out missing a beat, the FGiT looked up and said, “Sure, Mom… I mean whatever you’re in to.” OMG, I it was so funny! I never thought I’d hear off color comments like that in BBB, it was fantasticly funny!

Quote:
Maddie After:

Beautiful

Quote:
They offered us a ride, but with both kids asleep we opted to just walk. And walk. And walk. And walk. Geeze, we walked forever. Almost as far as the Great Walk of ’07. You all know about that one, right?
No, maybe you can refresh our memories

[QUOTE=Disneyland_Mama;27366180]

Quote:
NOticed WHAT

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 09-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #113
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I,m sharing my news everywhere I booked next Mays Trip !!!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 09-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #114
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

It?

Maddie looks adorable!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 09-05-2008, 03:48 PM   #115
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

IT?

1. flat lady on a stick?
2. Disney doll?
3. Second stroller with rain bonnet?
4. Tickets to something or other?
5. Your Victoria's Secret LIP GLOSS
6.Your spine for not insisting on the Master Bedroom with jacuzzi tub (hel-LO! I KNOW she complained about the bed, right?)
7. Your Pasporter?
8. Waldo? Again?
9. A yellow flip flop? (seriously? flip flops? I sickly love that!)
10. Your misty fan collection?
11. Your POP mugs?
Old 09-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #116
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
So I did what any good mother would do. I moved around and tried to find myself in the mirror reflection of the little girls being filmed. What? Like you wouldn’t?
Oh T you're so funny, so is it on the website?

Quote:
I guess Andy had been walking around with Evan and found the My Disney Girl outfits, and bought Maddie’s doll a matching Princess gown. He brought it to me and I showed Maddie.
Awwwww sweet Daddy

Quote:
I offered to strip the doll for her whilst she opened the box, with out missing a beat, the FGiT looked up and said, “Sure, Mom… I mean whatever you’re in to.” OMG, I it was so funny! I never thought I’d hear off color comments like that in BBB, it was fantasticly funny!
Hilarious

Quote:
Maddie After:

Absolutely gorgeous

Quote:
Geeze, we walked forever. Almost as far as the Great Walk of ’07. You all know about that one, right?
What walk would that be???? You know I'm just getting blamed for everything today

Quote:
OMG what????
Old 09-05-2008, 06:36 PM   #117
rachel3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We headed into the World of Disney and made a bee-line for what I affectionately refer to as “Pink Hell”.

Quote:
Maddie Before:

awwwww, she's so cute, even before she gets her make-over!!

Quote:
So I did what any good mother would do. I moved around and tried to find myself in the mirror reflection of the little girls being filmed. What? Like you wouldn’t?
OMG!!! i need to be on the look out for this commercial!!

Quote:

. I guess Andy had been walking around with Evan and found the My Disney Girl outfits, and bought Maddie’s doll a matching Princess gown. He brought it to me and I showed Maddie. When she saw the gown, her face just light up!
awww, what a sweet daddy!!

Quote:
I offered to strip the doll for her whilst she opened the box, with out missing a beat, the FGiT looked up and said, “Sure, Mom… I mean whatever you’re in to.”

Quote:
Maddie After:

awww, beautiful!!!

Quote:

Quote:
So, I reluctantly gave in and we took the room with 2 queens and no Jacuzzi tub. D’Oh!
i can't believe you gave in!!!

Quote:
oh , come on!!! you and v are so hard on an impatient girl!!!! where's the pouty smiley???? cuz i'm poutin with the lip and all!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:28 PM   #118
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Chapter 2 ~ Viva La Waldo!!

I couldn’t believe it! I searched high and low for it – I emptied all the contents of every bag searching for it. It was no where to be found. How would I manage with out it? I would be completely lost.

Wonder what’s missing yet?

Why my handy dandy Disney World Outfit Spreadsheet, of course!

I had to think about why it was missing and then I remembered what had transpired….

I had purchased a new carry-on bag a few days before we left and had very carefully placed it in the side pocket of said bag. Well, the day before travel day, I decided the new bag was too small, so I returned it. With my laminated beauty still in it! Double D’Oh!!!

I had to think quickly, so I pulled out all my clothes and started organizing outfits for the next 10 days. Since I didn’t have a computer or laminating paper (I know, call me crazy) with me, I did the next best thing … I took a picture of my work! And I refered back the camera on a daily basis.

We finally got into bed and fell fast asleep. That is, until I woke up to find to big eyes looking at me! Maddie had fallen out of bed and decided rather than just climbing back in and going to sleep, she needed to wake me up and inform me of the situation.

My alarm went off at 6:45 am – I jumped up giddy as can be. Today was our first real day in Disney World!! I got myself ready and then woke up Andy. Maddie woke soon after that, and Evan, keeping tradition was the most difficult to wake up. My promises of riding Test Track did the trick and soon we were all sitting in the kitchen having some breakfast. I sent the kids in TE & Waldo’s room to make sure they knew AIS time was 8:00 am.

Surprisingly, they were ready and we all headed out the door at 8:15 am … in the rain.

Here’s what my itinerary said:

8/21 Epcot Day

8:00 am Bus to Epcot
9:00 am Rope Drop – Head to TT
FP Volunteer for Soarin’/Ride TT again
10:00 am Head to the Seas
Ride Nemo & See Crush
Wander Aquarium exhibits
12:30 pm Ride Soarin’, LWTL
Snack at Sunshine Seasons
Head to Mexico, ride boat ride
2:00 pm Norway; ride Maelstrom (FP if needed )
2:30 pm Lunch at Akershaus
Leave park

Here’s what actually happened….

We missed the first bus to Epcot, and the next one took FOREVER! Donning our Dollar Tree ponchos, we finally walked through the turnstiles at 9:10 am. Since it was raining, I didn’t worry too much about keeping to the itinerary. I know – I think LL slipped me some of that Kinder, Gentler Kool-Aid.

We headed straight over to Soarin’ and Andy grabbed us some FP’s with a return time of 10:50-11:50. Not bad, eh? The kids wanted to ride the Living With the Land boats, so we did that next. Waldo and TE had skipped breakfast, so we stopped at Sunshine Seasons and they had some breakfast and the rest of us had a snack. Yes, already.

We headed up the stairs and stopped to grab the strollers when I noticed I had left my VB backpack in the corner of the booth we were sitting at. And in it was all of our cash. I know! Andy ran down the stairs and found it right where I had left it. Whew! You can bet I got an earful from him.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:29 PM   #119
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Chapter 2 Cont. "VIVA LA WALDO!"

Next up was The Seas with Nemo and Friends! Oh boy! Heh heh heh! We walked right on to Nemo, which was nice. Does that ride ever have a line?? Maddie really wanted to do Turtle Talk with Crush, so we went over and just got into the next show. She and Evan went down to the front with high hopes of being chosen by Crush.

Evan & Waldo checkin' out the fish:

Proof that Andy's my Seahorse

A very fashionable eel in Animal Print!

Don't we all have this picture? Well of your own kids, not mine. That would be weird.

Maddie finally got her wish as Crush asked “The little Dudette in the striped shell” if she had a question. Maddie asked Crush who the coolest fish in the ocean was and of course Crush replied “Little Blue” and Dory came up on the screen with Crush. It was very cute and all Maddie could talk about for the rest of the morning.

Our FP time was approaching, so we left to head back to The Land. As we walked out, everyone was looking up at … THE SUN! Ahhh, finally! Some good ol’ Florida sunshine!

And then I spied THIS! Is that woman wearing a shower cap???

It was do or die time – we had a small window in which to ride Test Track before Fay let loose again. We quickly made our way over to TT and were slapped in the face by a 60 minute wait time.

Uh-uh – no way. No how. Not even for Evan.

BUT hold the phone, now.

We had in my loverly, unlost Vera Bradley backpack, the golden tickets … er DVC instant FP’s. Yes, that right kids, instant FP’s. Andy got into the mile long FP line and scored us some FP’s for NOW! Not before Evan decided he had to pee. Like now. And Maddie decided she was going to put on her big girl panties and ride with us.

And so, we rode TT. And it was good. And fun. And we got an awesome PP pic, but since I haven’t ordered my PP DVD, you’re just going to have to believe me. It’s actually pretty funny. TE’s face is classic.

And that’s when the rain started. Again.

Attempting to salvage my very well planned out itinerary, we headed to World Showcase and the Mexico Pavilion. Upon entering, we found Donald donning a poncho (no, not that kind) and a HUGE sombrero. And then we found his queue. Which was far too long for me, but the kids insisted we stop and join the other crazy people. Oh and Waldo, too. He wanted in on it as well.

Alas, the mojo was not working as we were very graciously told by the CM that Donald was leaving in 3 minutes and we would not make it in time. The kids had the longest faces you’ve ever seen. Not as long as Waldo’s as he was seriously bummed out. So, I suggested we go see Donald on the Mexico boat ride. What’s it called, again?

We walked right on the ride and as we cruised through the restaurant part, the smell was overwhelming delicious. It smelled of gramma’s house, sorry, but if you don’t have a brown gramma, you’re SOL, dude. The smell of slow cooked beans, warm tortilla’s & Mole filled the air. We were all in heaven. Waldo asked me about the restaurant and I told him I’d read nothing but negative reviews on the place. Maddie, sitting in the row in front of us, turned around and said, “But it still smells sooo good, Mom!”. I laughed at her enthusiasm.

We exited the ride and shopped around the Pavilion. I searched high and low for the Tequila Bar, and could not find it! I found the most adorable headband and lots of things that brought back childhood memories. I found the purse and piggy bank my grandparents had brought me back from their many trips to Mexico. I really enjoyed myself as I perused the lovely goods.

VIVA LA WALDO!!

Hey, this kid must have escaped from the IASW ride!

Waldo was also enjoying himself. He was pleasantly surprised to find his favorite movie on the DVD, The 3 Caballeros/ Saludo’s Amigo’s. He bought it under the guise that it was for the kids.

We said good-bye to Mexico and headed for Norway!

UPNEXT: WALDO FINDS HIS PRINCESS!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:42 PM   #120
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Great update T. Wasn't that brief bit of sunshine a godsend?

Waldo is cute The kids too.

Wow, when you say you plan you really mean it. You actually put times on things

I can't believe you left your clothing chart in the other bag you returned Good idea taking a pic though!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: