Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 08:22 AM   #61
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran
 
1Princess1Prince2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 1,162

I'm in and the 'Where's Wlado' has already begun! Can't wait to hear the rest!
__________________
*~*LORI*~*
Dance mom to DD (11) & Baseball Mom to DS (9)

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
1Princess1Prince2006 is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 09:40 AM   #62
cmp1111
DIS Veteran
 
cmp1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 7,181

Man, you've been out of the house for approximately 3 hours, and he's lost already?

Sorry about the DVD player - that would make me nuts.
__________________
Me - C.E.! DH - D. DS10 - Woody DS10 - Buzz
See my " The Decoy Trip" Report here. May 2007 - AKL Aug. 2008 - The Big Group Pre-Trip Report is here. And the Rain, Rain, Rain TR: Here
cmp1111 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-31-2008, 10:30 AM   #63
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!
 
Disneyland_Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Near the original House of Mouse
Posts: 6,750

Chapter 1; Part 2 The Seed Is Planted

We board our plane and get comfy and cozy. I wish I could say our flight was uneventful and that we slept the whole way and woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed in Atlanta. But then what fun would that be?

As I sat in my seat between Maddie and Andy, I noticed the flight was full of military. HOT military men. I was on a plane full of gorgeous military men … oh and my family and husband. We those boys were pretty rambunctious – most still drunk from the days activities, which I overheard included some partying at the Santa Monica pier and Venice beach – home of the strange. Every single girl on that plane got lots of attention from these boys, especially the girls that had a single military guy in the middle seat. Those guys were teased by their peers about how unfair it was that they were seated between 2 beautiful girls. It was quite amusing.

Evan fell asleep before take off, no night-night juice required. Maddie played her Game-Boy quietly and then fell asleep about an hour in, Andy was next and finally Waldo. TE and I couldn’t really sleep with all the laughing and chatting going on. It wasn't annoying, really. I was getting a kick out of listening to the conversations about boot camp and the like. And then Waldo started snoring. Loud. And we all giggled some more. Soon the plane was full of light snoring, but I still couldn’t sleep. So I sat and listened to music and just relaxed. I got up to use the bathroom and that when I noticed the smell …

The entire plane smelled like a huge can of stink. I pulled my tee over my nose and headed back to my seat. I felt like I was sitting in someone’s mouth, surrounded by their morning breath. Blech! Those last 30 minutes on the flight were horrible!!

We landed in Atlanta at about 5:30 am & the airport was literally empty. We had a 2 hour layover so we decided to get some coffee from Starbucks. Evan was awake and enjoying the echo in the quiet airport and decided to start singing. Very loudly. About boo-bies! I was completely mortified. We had a difficult time finding our gate as they kept changing it around. First it said Akron, then Jacksonville and finally Orlando. Our plane was late getting in, so naturally we were late getting on. I texted CE to let her know we’d arrived in Atlanta and our flight was still a go.

Our next leg of the race was super short. The Captain said over the speaker our flight would be about an hour. One hour??!!! Woohoo! I need to move to Atlanta, baby! We landed at MCO about 9:30am, I had forgetten to turn my phone back on, so I missed CE’s text telling me she was literally upstairs as I was in the Magical Express line. Anyway, I had wanted to stop at the CROCS store since I’d only brought 3 pairs of shoes, but when I realized it was on the other side of the shopping mall, I’d changed my mind.

We made our way down to the Magical Express – the correct way this time. Everyone else sat down and I got in line. Andy came over to help, but then I sent him to get everyone ready and meet me at the bus line. As I’m standing at the counter, I hear a voice, “Tracy!” and I turn around to find …



Do I need a cliff hanger here???










My good DIS friend CE! I turn around to hug her, but then realize the ME CM is right in the middle of her spiel, so I’m not sure what to do. I must have looked at her with child-like eyes because she told me to go and hug my friend! I turned gave CE a big ol’ hug! Finally, I got to meet her – I’d been so excited and it was a wonderful moment for me! I didn’t get a chance to chat, as my family was yelling for me to join them! Rats! NOMickeyMouse.

We jumped on our ME and headed to SSR with about 60 other people. Man, that bus will FULL! Our very nice bus driver, Jose announced our first stop would be OKW, then SSR and finally POR/FQ. I thought about how hectic check-in would and then told Andy I would jump off the bus and he and Waldo could take care of everything else. We arrived at OKW and a couple of families got off. Next we arrived at SSR and I found it amusing that we were the only folks getting off. I jumped off the bus and announced “The brown folks are here!!” TE didn’t find that amusing. The weather was crappy, and rainy – my plans had gone to the birds.

According to my “Daily Planner”, we should have:

11:00-12:00pm Check-in and have lunch.
12:00-2:00pm Pool side
2:00-3:00pm Clean up and head to DTD
4:00pm BBB appointment for Maddie
6:00pm Head to MK for CS Dinner

Here’s what actually happened:

We made our way to lobby and check-in line and a very nice CM came up and asked us if we were celebrating any special occasion. She had a basket of buttons for Birthday, Anniversay, 1st Time Visits, etc. Tempting as it was, I said we we’re just here for a “family” gathering. Hey, I consider my Focker friends family!



The kids enjoyed the TV whilst we checked in. The CM helping us was really trying too hard. She even attempted to speak to us in Spanish. Waldo looked at me and shrugged, then I told her I didn’t understand Spanish and could she please repeat that in English. I think she was embarrassed. We were told our room wasn’t ready yet and that we could drop off our stuff at bell services and hit a park or do some shopping. At this point, I’d been up for 24 hours and I seriously needed some sleep. We headed over to Artist Palette (AP) from some food and our refillable mugs, which everyone noticed were exactly like last years.

I wasn’t really impressed with the menu there. No burgers, no pasta, just flat breads, salads and sammies. You’d think with it being such a large resort, they’d have a larger menu. And don’t even get me started on the whole getting your food process. It stunk! First you order your food at the food counter, then you stand in another line to pay, which also services the gift shop and the grocery shop. Then you go back to the food counter and pick up your food. It’s a mess and needs some serious revamping.

With full bellies, we headed over to the lobby area to plop down on some couches. We were all beat. Coincidently the only available couches were right next to the DVC counter thingy. We sat for awhile, taking turns walking the kids around the gift shop and to the kids area where they had movies playing.





About an hour later, the DVC lady gave the kids some Goofy button and stickers and asked if we were DVC members. When I told her we were not, she convinced Andy to take the tour, since we’re just sitting here and after the tour, they’d give us free ice cream. Well Maddie and Evan heard “ICE CREAM” and begged their Daddy to go. We agreed and Waldo and TE decided ice cream sounded good, so we made our way over to the DVC builing. Our Guide was Larry and he was very, very good. I had told him our very good friends Lauralee131 and PrincessV were already members, so we had an idea about DVC – but TE and Waldo didn’t.

We did the whole tour and looked at the AKL villas – OMG, they’re so beautiful! The details are incredible. From the carvings on the dresser, to the Lion King tile mural in the bathroom – Disney didn’t miss a beat in those room. We were all speechless. Even Waldo.

We went back and spoke with Larry some more. I made sure Andy understood all the details and benefits of owning DVC and then I sat back and stayed quiet. He really got into it, as did Waldo. Holy cow, I couldn’t believe it. They both agreed it was a fantastic idea and Larry encouraged us to think about it and call him back if we decided to join. Larry also gave us these Magical Fastpasses that allowed us 3 instant FP’s per person. Basically you put the card in the FP machine and out would pop a FP for the current time. Cool!!

Next stop … ice cream!! The kids were so excited when we entered the Ice Cream Parlor. There was a train going round above us and lots of train stuff all around. I didn’t speak about DVC the rest of the day. Andy had already made up his mind, and I wasn’t going to push the issue. Yet.






UP NEXT:

Bibbity Bobbity BOO!
__________________
The Waldo Trilogy 2008 ~"HERE"Where's Waldo - The Sequel 2007 ~"HERE"Where's Waldo! The Original 2006"HERE"
Disneyland_Mama is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 10:56 AM   #64
cmp1111
DIS Veteran
 
cmp1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 7,181

We posted the same thing at nearly the exact same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Evan fell asleep before take off, no night-night juice required. Maddie played her Game-Boy quietly and then fell asleep about an hour in, Andy was next and finally Waldo. TE and I couldn’t really sleep with all the laughing and chatting going on. It wasn't annoying, really. I was getting a kick out of listening to the conversations about boot camp and the like. And then Waldo started snoring. Loud. And we all giggled some more. Soon the plane was full of light snoring, but I still couldn’t sleep.
That doesn't sound too bad!

Quote:
So I sat and listened to music and just relaxed. I got up to use the bathroom and that when I noticed the smell …
Leave it to you to find a smell.

Quote:
Evan was awake and enjoying the echo in the quiet airport and decided to start singing. Very loudly. About boo-bies! I was completely mortified.


Quote:
Do I need a cliff hanger here???
Nah, I took care of it for you.

Quote:
Finally, I got to meet her – I’d been so excited and it was a wonderful moment for me!
Me, too, my friend.

Quote:
which everyone noticed were exactly like last years.
Dang!

Quote:
They both agreed it was a fantastic idea and Larry encouraged us to think about it and call him back if we decided to join. Larry also gave us these Magical Fastpasses that allowed us 3 instant FP’s per person. Basically you put the card in the FP machine and out would pop a FP for the current time. Cool!!
Awesome!

Quote:
Bibbity Bobbity BOO!
Can't wait!
__________________
Me - C.E.! DH - D. DS10 - Woody DS10 - Buzz
See my " The Decoy Trip" Report here. May 2007 - AKL Aug. 2008 - The Big Group Pre-Trip Report is here. And the Rain, Rain, Rain TR: Here
cmp1111 is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 10:59 AM   #65
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss
 
DisneyJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 19,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Pretty soon I noticed TE standing with us attempting to assist us. I realized she left my 2 kids completely unattended near the door. I calmly asked her to please go sit with the kids and we would handle it.
OMG she didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Waldo was itching to wander, so I told him to please be back by 9pm as our flight was scheduled for take off around 10pm. Well, come 9:30, Waldo is still no where to be found and just as luck would have it, they announce our flight and begin the boarding process. TE starts to freak out wondering what happened to him, hoping he didn’t wander beyond security. I send Andy out to look for him in every nook and cranny of that terminal. Finally Waldo pops out of the Men’s room not 10 feet from us.
Well it wouldn't be a T TR without some Waldo wandering would it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
The entire plane smelled like a huge can of stink. I pulled my tee over my nose and headed back to my seat. I felt like I was sitting in someone’s mouth, surrounded by their morning breath. Blech! Those last 30 minutes on the flight were horrible!!
You and your sensitive nose

Quote:
As I’m standing at the counter, I hear a voice, “Tracy!” and I turn around to find …
I wish I could have seen that, fantastic!

Quote:
I jumped off the bus and announced “The brown folks are here!!” TE didn’t find that amusing.
Why ever not?

Quote:
Larry also gave us these Magical Fastpasses that allowed us 3 instant FP’s per person. Basically you put the card in the FP machine and out would pop a FP for the current time. Cool!!
Wow they sound cool

Quote:
Andy had already made up his mind, and I wasn’t going to push the issue. Yet.
Oooooh
DisneyJo is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 12:57 PM   #66
puggymom
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy wants give hugs to my pugs!
 
puggymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North Jersey/BWV
Posts: 4,008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
I wish I could say our flight was uneventful and that we slept the whole way and woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed in Atlanta. But then what fun would that be?
Uh-oh!

Quote:
As I sat in my seat between Maddie and Andy, I noticed the flight was full of military. HOT military men. I was on a plane full of gorgeous military men … oh and my family and husband.
I should have been on this flight

Quote:
And then Waldo started snoring. Loud.


Quote:
I got up to use the bathroom and that when I noticed the smell …
EEEEWWWW

[quote]Evan was awake and enjoying the echo in the quiet airport and decided to start singing. Very loudly. About boo-bies! [quote]

Boys will be boys

Quote:
Do I need a cliff hanger here???
Um NO!
Quote:
I thought about how hectic check-in would and then told Andy I
'atta girl

Quote:
I jumped off the bus and announced “The brown folks are here!!” TE didn’t find that amusing.
But I do

Quote:
According to my “Daily Planner”,
And let me say how impressive that planner was


Quote:
Andy had already made up his mind, and I wasn’t going to push the issue.
puggymom is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 02:12 PM   #67
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West on I-4, stop at the Gulf.
Posts: 8,760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
As I sat in my seat between Maddie and Andy, I noticed the flight was full of military. HOT military men.
And you didn't bring me one... or four??!!

Quote:
Evan was awake and enjoying the echo in the quiet airport and decided to start singing. Very loudly. About boo-bies!


Quote:
I jumped off the bus and announced “The brown folks are here!!” TE didn’t find that amusing.


Quote:
Hey, I consider my Focker friends family!
We are!

Quote:
The CM helping us was really trying too hard. She even attempted to speak to us in Spanish.
Oh no she di-int?! Love it!

Quote:
And don’t even get me started on the whole getting your food process. It stunk! First you order your food at the food counter, then you stand in another line to pay, which also services the gift shop and the grocery shop. Then you go back to the food counter and pick up your food. It’s a mess and needs some serious revamping.
Okay, I liked the food options but THIS drives me nuts! I really need to write a letter.

Quote:
Coincidently the only available couches were right next to the DVC counter thingy.



Quote:
Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
And let me say how impressive that planner was
OMG yes! I told T I want her to do mine next trip.
__________________
V's Fuzzy Running. Updated 8/11: Shoe Review Times TWO: Newton Running's Distance & Fate!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 03:35 PM   #68
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!
 
sorul82?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 7,329

No distance is too great for Croc shopping.
sorul82? is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #69
kykatt2
Karaoke Queen
 
kykatt2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Posts: 2,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
I got up to use the bathroom and that when I noticed the smell …

The entire plane smelled like a huge can of stink. I pulled my tee over my nose and headed back to my seat. I felt like I was sitting in someone’s mouth, surrounded by their morning breath. Blech! Those last 30 minutes on the flight were horrible!!
NOW I Remember why I am putting off that trip to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post

About an hour later, the DVC lady gave the kids some Goofy button and stickers and asked if we were DVC members. When I told her we were not, she convinced Andy to take the tour, since we’re just sitting here and after the tour, they’d give us free ice cream. Well Maddie and Evan heard “ICE CREAM” and begged their Daddy to go. We agreed and Waldo and TE decided ice cream sounded good, so we made our way over to the DVC builing. Our Guide was Larry and he was very, very good. I had told him our very good friends Lauralee131 and PrincessV were already members, so we had an idea about DVC – but TE and Waldo didn’t.

We did the whole tour and looked at the AKL villas – OMG, they’re so beautiful! The details are incredible. From the carvings on the dresser, to the Lion King tile mural in the bathroom – Disney didn’t miss a beat in those room. We were all speechless. Even Waldo.

We went back and spoke with Larry some more. I made sure Andy understood all the details and benefits of owning DVC and then I sat back and stayed quiet. He really got into it, as did Waldo. Holy cow, I couldn’t believe it. They both agreed it was a fantastic idea and Larry encouraged us to think about it and call him back if we decided to join. Larry also gave us these Magical Fastpasses that allowed us 3 instant FP’s per person. Basically you put the card in the FP machine and out would pop a FP for the current time. Cool!!
I need to chat with you further about this ... later

Next stop … ice cream!! The kids were so excited when we entered the Ice Cream Parlor. There was a train going round above us and lots of train stuff all around. I didn’t speak about DVC the rest of the day. Andy had already made up his mind, and I wasn’t going to push the issue. Yet.






[/quote]

So..they have an actual running train ? Do they also have models on display ?? And this picture.. is that train running or on Display??
These are handy little things to know for "Locomotive Obsessed" Men that I live with.. Especially when I am somewhat interested in DVC Throw up a Train Distraction and I might just get away with something here
__________________










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



kykatt2 is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 04:14 PM   #70
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran
 
Lifelong_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,754

Did you and CE plan to post these updates together?

Wonder what was up with that funky smell on the plane. All the hot military men sound fun though.
Lifelong_Dreamer is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 05:12 PM   #71
jcc0621
DIS Veteran
 
jcc0621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Hi Janet! It was so great to meet you and your family!
Ditto


Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
The entire plane smelled like a huge can of stink. I pulled my tee over my nose and headed back to my seat. I felt like I was sitting in someone’s mouth, surrounded by their morning breath. Blech! Those last 30 minutes on the flight were horrible!!
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
I texted CE to let her know we’d arrived in Atlanta and our flight was still a go.
I should also mention that you texted me to make sure we were up and at rope drop!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
The CM helping us was really trying too hard. She even attempted to speak to us in Spanish. Waldo looked at me and shrugged, then I told her I didn’t understand Spanish and could she please repeat that in English. I think she was embarrassed.
And so she should have been...how rude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Coincidently the only available couches were right next to the DVC counter thingy.
Suuuurrrrrrrrreeeee....the ONLY couches available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
We did the whole tour and looked at the AKL villas – OMG, they’re so beautiful! The details are incredible. From the carvings on the dresser, to the Lion King tile mural in the bathroom – Disney didn’t miss a beat in those room. We were all speechless. Even Waldo.
I am so talking Jim into a tour next year. He didn't want to take away touring time from Andrew, but I had him talked into taking the tour after Fockerfest Just need you, V and LL to talk (browbeat him) talk to him some more
__________________
Janet TFW Unofficial Odds Maker

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 05:29 PM   #72
Lauralee131
DIS Veteran
 
Lauralee131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 2,340

Wooo Hoooo All you girls are just crankin' out the updates! With so many to read I haven't had time to write my own!!

Why do people try speaking to you in Spanish? Didn't a waiter or someone do that to you last year too? Too funny

I love, love, love the AKV mock-up that we saw...if only it could be moved to smaller buildings like at SSR. I'm afraid that I'll find Kidani Village a bit too loooong for my liking. We'll just have to see about that...heh heh...

If I don't buy some more points soon my head's going to explode!
__________________
Lauralee131 is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 05:42 PM   #73
princessjv
DIS Veteran
 
princessjv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MN
Posts: 3,066

First off~ WELCOME HOME! You have been missed! I can't wait to hear all of the details on what you thought about the rooms at SSR and all of your Focker meets.


I'm glad I had a fun time on the trip, without myself. Wish it was IRL.

Did I read it right below? No more Oct. trip planned? I was planning on Oct. for next year.
__________________
Proud Mom to 2 great kids & Loving life!

princessjv is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 05:57 PM   #74
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn
 
Hedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,134

Glad you got there ok.
__________________
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten


Hedy is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 08:26 PM   #75
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!
 
lazydoxy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central Indiana, rural home
Posts: 1,731

No hablas Espanol? I'm shocked! She thought she was being very observant and courteous, I'm sure.
I'd take the DVC tour for ice cream alone if I had time to burn. You got a bonus right off the bat with those 'special' FPs - awesome!
__________________
Kristel---

lazydoxy66 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.