Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #31
runner_princess
Mouseketeer

We love Boatwright! In three trips to WDW together, and several signature dinners, Boatwright's is still DH's favorite: the service is great, we have always enjoyed the food, and they have real, brewed sweet tea!
2010 Wine and Dine Half: 2:56
2011 Princess Half: 2:40 2012 Princess Half, 2:38
runner_princess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #32
Turk February
DIS Veteran

Wife and I ate there last year and really enjoyed it. We both had the jumbalaya and the service and food were really good. Have I had better meals? Sure. But it's nowhere near the worst meal and I would absolutely eat there again.
February 2011 - CSR
Christmas 2011 - Contemporary (MK View)
April 2013 - AKL Kidani Village (Savanna View)
October 2014 - POP Century
Childhood - March '83, March '84, November '84, January '87, August '87, October '87
Turk February is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #33
Rekenna
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI, Boatwright's no longer serves breakfast, only dinner. So many on this thread were stating what a great breakfast they had there, bummer, it sounded really good!
Rekenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #34
akhenaten
Lucky for husband, the neighbors can't hear
My fav ride was the kidddie whip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekenna View Post
Just an FYI, Boatwright's no longer serves breakfast, only dinner. So many on this thread were stating what a great breakfast they had there, bummer, it sounded really good!
aww.. that is what I thought... what a shame...

MK daytrip 1980
MK/epcot 1983 offsite
FW camp 1986
CBR 1991Dixie landings 1996 CBR july 2004
POR Riverside July 2011
akhenaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #35
Quin
DIS Veteran

That's what happens when somebody resurrects a 2008 thread......

We had dinner at BW earlier this year. We had never eaten there before; I picked it mostly because we wanted to see Bob Jackson's show that evening in the lounge. DH likes spicy food so I knew he'd be OK with Cajun choices, and I figured it was Disney so there would have to be something more "bland" for me.

I think BW wins the award for "restaurant that most exceeded my expectations". It was not our best meal by any means, but my expectations going in were so low that I was quite pleaseantly surprised. DH had the andouille-crusted catfish with cayenne butter (made my mouth burn just typing that; did I mention that I DON'T like spicy foods?). The piece of fish was enormous and he swore that it was not too heavily spiced at all. The catfish itself was well-cooked and did not have a heavy or oily taste to it, as catfish sometimes can. It came over a mountain of dirty rice iirc.

I had the beef medallions. Very tender, very flavorful. The "mac n cheese" is grown-up mac & cheese: shells with a nice white cheddar sauce, and I believe there were some asparagus spears on the plate as well. I took a corner of the crawfish beignet and thought it was nasty, but they had lovely cornbread for the table and we did get a refill on that basket. Desserts were just OK; a little dry. But after an 'Ohana dinner I don't think I would have appreciated anybody else's bread pudding.

Service was fine too. We had an ADR and waited no more than 10 minutes on a weeknight in May. Overall I would recommend BW, especially if it is convenient to your resort or if, like us, you want dinner before a raucous night down the hall with Bob Jackson.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #36
akhenaten
Lucky for husband, the neighbors can't hear
My fav ride was the kidddie whip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin View Post
That's what happens when somebody resurrects a 2008 thread......

We had dinner at BW earlier this year. We had never eaten there before; I picked it mostly because we wanted to see Bob Jackson's show that evening in the lounge. DH likes spicy food so I knew he'd be OK with Cajun choices, and I figured it was Disney so there would have to be something more "bland" for me.

I think BW wins the award for "restaurant that most exceeded my expectations". It was not our best meal by any means, but my expectations going in were so low that I was quite pleaseantly surprised. DH had the andouille-crusted catfish with cayenne butter (made my mouth burn just typing that; did I mention that I DON'T like spicy foods?). The piece of fish was enormous and he swore that it was not too heavily spiced at all. The catfish itself was well-cooked and did not have a heavy or oily taste to it, as catfish sometimes can. It came over a mountain of dirty rice iirc.

I had the beef medallions. Very tender, very flavorful. The "mac n cheese" is grown-up mac & cheese: shells with a nice white cheddar sauce, and I believe there were some asparagus spears on the plate as well. I took a corner of the crawfish beignet and thought it was nasty, but they had lovely cornbread for the table and we did get a refill on that basket. Desserts were just OK; a little dry. But after an 'Ohana dinner I don't think I would have appreciated anybody else's bread pudding.

Service was fine too. We had an ADR and waited no more than 10 minutes on a weeknight in May. Overall I would recommend BW, especially if it is convenient to your resort or if, like us, you want dinner before a raucous night down the hall with Bob Jackson.
Thanks for the review!

MK daytrip 1980
MK/epcot 1983 offsite
FW camp 1986
CBR 1991Dixie landings 1996 CBR july 2004
POR Riverside July 2011
akhenaten is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: