Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 08:59 AM   #121
lucki4
So sad it is over

I booked us a room at WL yesterday for the end of July
So excited. I requested bunkbed room with woods view, hopefully I will get it. I read how some of you can request certain room numbers and am confused about that. I booked through 'Dreams Unlimited' Do I ask them, or ask WL directly? How do I know what is best?
Old 04-30-2002, 04:00 PM   #122
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

FYI......

~~~ N E W S F L A S H ~~~

Spoke to a CM today about some last-minute requests re: WL and she announced to me that WL was voted "BEST FAMILY RESORT IN USA" BY Conde` Nast (GF was #2!!!) Woohoo!!!!!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2002, 05:55 PM   #123
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Thanks, 999! When I call, do I ask for the "room controller"? Hopefully I'll be able to get all my requests (and, they'll be able to put a little note on there NOT to reassign the room! )

Also, I cannot wait to try the WL again!!! Looks like late 2003 or early 2004, hopefully concierge level. Are there any connecting rooms up on the 7th floor? And, would I be able to get a complimentary refrigerator up there?

Thanks, 999! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
Old 04-30-2002, 05:59 PM   #124
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Thanks.....

..999 for posting that VERY IMPORTANT info. I'm sure it will help out alot of DIS'ers.:D
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 04-30-2002, 11:42 PM   #125
DVCinderella
I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!

VWL - Vaulted Ceilings

Quote:
Originally posted by jaguar9748
When staying the WVL don't stay on the 5th floor. Request 3rd or 4th floor. The 5th floor first of all is a partial floor - it doesn't appear that its a full floor of rooms. Secondly, the atrium only goes to the 4th floor. Third, the balconies on the 5th floor are partial walls - like dormers. You have to stand up to look over the balcony. The balconies on the first 4 floors are standard balconies that you can see through from all angles.
I've read that the VWL 5th floor rooms have vaulted ceilings (which I would love), but I do not want the partially enclosed balconies. Are there rooms on the 4th floor with vaulted ceilings, and open balconies (particularly facing the quiet pool)?
Old 05-01-2002, 06:47 AM   #126
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

I am going in JUne. I did not put a request in except we have courtyard veiw. I would like the inner court yard but down near the pool. Does any one know if there is a name for that area? I know that it is south or north wing but not sure what to request to be near the pool. I would prefer to be near the end where the steps are. Is this called lower innercourtyard??? Thanks,,,,Corvair
Old 05-01-2002, 10:10 AM   #127
WDWrules
Mouseketeer

LOVED the WL!!!!!

My son and I just returned from 9 nights at WL concierge (April 19-28). What a wonderful place! We'd never stayed at WL before or even seen it except from a distance. I really think that WL is the best-kept secret at DW! I also can't figure out why the rates there (except for concierge!) are so much less than at other deluxes -- is it just because of the lack of monorail? It was just delightful. WL is such an incredible combination of atmosphere, comfort, beauty and Disney magic. We truly felt at home there and didn't want to leave! It's hard to describe how much we enjoyed everything about the WL. I'd like to write a trip report once I finish my post-trip catching up!

We've stayed several times at the Polynesian; a couple of times at the Contemporary; and once each at the Boardwalk Villas, the Swan and Caribbean Beach. I think that the WL is our new favorite! I am so tempted now to buy a resale for the WL Villas! (Have to finish paying off these concierge bills first!)

Old 05-01-2002, 11:30 AM   #128
TigH
WISH success story

Just adding a link to some other pictures:

<a href="http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/wilderness.htm">Wilderness Lodge Photos</a>

<font color=blue>Started 3/9 159/size 10/12, reached goal July 3 138 size 6 current weight 136</font>
Old 05-01-2002, 12:25 PM   #129
woody5
Mouseketeer

Question 999 Ghosts

I know there has been much discussion over where each of the types of rooms are located. I have two standard rooms booked in August. This trip is to celebrate my mother finishing chemotherapy. She is battling a particularly agressive type of breast cancer. Since there will be six of us I need two rooms. It is quite a bit more to get a room other than standard view. Will those 4th floor standard rooms be quiet enough for my mother to be able to rest during the day and especially at night? The other standard view rooms you mentioned had trucks beeping at night. My mom will definitely need to be able to rest at night. Any input you might have would be great. Also, should I try and mention our circumstances to the conceirge and hope for an upgrade? I want this to be such a special trip for my mom. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 05-01-2002, 12:46 PM   #130
rojoe
Earning My Ears

Hi I'm new to these boards and am overwhelmed at the amount of good info. Also very confused. Heading to WL on 6/28 to 7/3. Booked trough a Travel Agent and at the time of booking she put in our reuest for courtyard view, upper floor with a view of the Lake. Do I also need to fax this request??? Does the T/A have to or can I. I was hoping the request at the booking was enough. Whomever the agent was speaking with was trying very hard to be clear on our request and was willing to put it in at that time. Please clarify. Thanks
Old 05-01-2002, 04:00 PM   #131
rojoe
Earning My Ears

999 ghsts-Wow! Thanks for clearing that up for me. I just thought of something else. Since we have never been there and are not quite sure if you can see any fireworks from any location at WL we asked (while T/A was on the phone with a CM) if it was possible to have a room that might allow us to view them if possible. I recall the T/A telling us that the person she spoke with was going to try for upper floor on the end. Does this make sense? Are Courtyard views also on the end? And how bad are the enclosed balconies? I'm assuming we will prabably have one if we are on an upper floor.

I'm not trying to be a pest but I just can't wait to get there. This is our first time in a deluxe and we have had this planned for over a year. We even have had to change plans once and delay our trip until June. (I can't believe I can finally say, "We're going NEXT month!")

Thanks,

Rojoe
Old 05-01-2002, 04:18 PM   #132
corndog
My childhood grows increasingly hazy day by day

We had a standard view room on the 6th floor last week and a completely unobstructed, dare I say "perfect", view of the fireworks @ MK.
03/01 - Port Orleans - Riverside
09/01 - Grand Floridian
04/02 - Wilderness Lodge
07/02 - BWI Concierge/GF Sugar Loaf Concierge
03/03 - Port Orleans - Riverside
03/04 - Port Orleans - Riverside
05/05 - Wilderness Lodge
09/07 - Polynesian
07/10 - Polynesian
08/11 - Polynesian
08/12 - Grand Floridian
07/13 - Polynesian
Old 05-01-2002, 04:41 PM   #133
woody5
Mouseketeer

corndog

Did you hear any truck noise at night. It has been said on this board that the standard rooms on floors 5 & 6 face the service area and that you can hear the trucks beeping at night. The view is not as important to me as making sure the room is quiet at night.
Old 05-01-2002, 04:48 PM   #134
corndog
My childhood grows increasingly hazy day by day

We never heard any of the famed beeping trucks. We did hear some other people moving furniture around the balcony one night(at least that's what it sounded like). I don't know if we didn't hear it because we got in so late and out so early or if it was because we were so worn out from the day that we slept great. Either way, our room should not have been considered a standard "view", with views of the castle, main street station, space mountain and the contemporary.
03/01 - Port Orleans - Riverside
09/01 - Grand Floridian
04/02 - Wilderness Lodge
07/02 - BWI Concierge/GF Sugar Loaf Concierge
03/03 - Port Orleans - Riverside
03/04 - Port Orleans - Riverside
05/05 - Wilderness Lodge
09/07 - Polynesian
07/10 - Polynesian
08/11 - Polynesian
08/12 - Grand Floridian
07/13 - Polynesian
Old 05-01-2002, 05:09 PM   #135
WDWrules
Mouseketeer

Corndog, we were there last week too and it sounds as though we had the same view (except my son and I were on the 7th floor). I loved being so close to the Magic Kingdom, I felt like I was there even when we were in our room! And the fireworks! Even though I think there were only two fireworks displays for the general public while we were there, they had them virtually every night as part of grad nights -- often at 12:30 a.m.! I would be sleeping, hear the booms, and run out to the balcony to watch. It was great!

I also liked that, in addition to the Contemporary, we could see both the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian from our balcony. Not to mention that, in the evenings, you could glimpse the Electric Light Pageant through the trees at night! All in all, a very magical location.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: