Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 12:59 PM   #31
MKingdom
Mouseketeer

Sonya, be sure to leave any stuffed animals that you purchase out in the open. (I don't think the staff is supposed to touch anything on the table in your room.) We left Tigger on our bed and that started the whole "towel animal" theme! It just got better every day!

You'll always be our beloved Dixie Landings!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 01:03 PM   #32
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

Has anyone out there stayed at the very end of the courtyard closest to the boat dock? What is it like here? Are there steps at the very end of the building? Thanks for any info CORVAIR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2002, 01:11 PM   #33
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

my guess,corvair....

...is that it would be very quiet and peaceful. If that is what you want, go for it...!!! (certainly convenient to get the ferry to CR or MK). Speaking of CR, I am told they have an awesome arcade; don't bother going into the one at WL (it's STINKY!!! )
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 01:26 PM   #34
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

kimmar, just trying to get a feel of how the resort is layed out. I tlooks to me on the map that it is right beside the pool also. I am looking for confience for my to girls to get from our room to the pool. I do not want to have to take elevator all the time. How is the roaring forks. It looks on the map that this would be easy to get to from the end of the courtyard. I have to get my coffee first thing in the morning. Do they have donuts and those kind of foods in the morning? How is the pool bar? thanks ....Corvairamy
Old 04-23-2002, 01:32 PM   #35
kimmar067

Roaring Fork...

...is your best bet for goodies in the AM (DON'T FORGET TO PURCHASE THE WILDERNESS REFILLABLE MUGS!! - a must!!!)
You can get your "cup'o'joe" and you are on your way.... (these can be filled there and brought up to Whispering Canyon for dinner-which I HIGHLY recommend - very kid-friendly)
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 02:11 PM   #36
yensid1071
Tag Fairy Grovel Master of the CB
Welcome to the Caribbean
Padawan to Master Kama
Ya Ya "bother"

When you enter the lobby of the WL, you really feel transported to the great Northwest. Our stay was a few years back and I got some good video of the place. I have a few pics too, but need to scan them (mostly lobby and exterior). When you enter, be sure to find the hidden Mickey on one of the two huge totem poles. They also have a game to find various hidden Mickey's all over the resort (there's one on the map outside Artist's Point). They used to give out pinback buttons if you successfully find them all. Ask for the sheet of hints at the main desk.

Our room was on the right side of the lodge on the first floor. I don't remember the room number, though. We faced the area now occupied by the Villas and were about six rooms from the end (I'm not sure what they call that view now). The morning after we checked in we saw a couple rabbits outside our window just munching on some grass and running around. You have a sliding glass door, so we opened it and watched/video taped it (no, they weren't animatronic either!). There's a door at the end of the hall that opens to the pool area. From there you can go to the boat dock (passing the pool and geyser on the way). You can also head back to the front of the resort to the lobby or Roaring Forks. The only bad part about a room located that far back is that the walk from the bus stop or lobby is very long.

Be sure to notice the spring in the lobby. It travels outside to a waterfall, then to the pool. It looks like it flows continuously, but it's really three separate sections. Our last night we just sat in the lobby and soaked in the atmosphere. The floor to ceiling fireplace is cool (well, not literally). They have a bunch of rocking chairs in front of it and a number of couches/chairs spread thru the entire lobby.

Like other posters have mentioned, leave your stuffed animals out during the day. We found our Tigger, Mickey, Pluto and others in various poses all the time as well as folded towel animals (we found Pluto sitting in the bathroom playing with the toilet paper). It was my birthday on our trip and the lady who did our room left me a card signed by Mickey and the gang and a Sebastian beanie on my b-day. Pretty cool!!!

It's my favorite resort and would love to stay there again!
Old 04-23-2002, 04:02 PM   #37
DVC-LEROY
Mouseketeer

I need help from a room expert- I'm sending some family members to the Wilderness Lodge in the fall. They have a queen room (jr. suite). Where are they typically located? Any room number suggestions?
Old 04-23-2002, 05:45 PM   #38
cgdisney
Earning My Ears

Love the WL ! I have stayed there in the past, but am trying the concierge level this time. Has anyone ever stayed there. Can't seem to find too much info about it. We are going in Aug. Thanks
Old 04-23-2002, 06:50 PM   #39
jaguar9748
DIS Veteran

For Kristy-Mama Bear

Kristy - When staying the WVL don't stay on the 5th floor. Request 3rd or 4th floor. The 5th floor first of all is a partial floor - it doesn't appear that its a full floor of rooms. Secondly, the atrium only goes to the 4th floor. Third, the balconies on the 5th floor are partial walls - like dormers. You have to stand up to look over the balcony. The balconies on the first 4 floors are standard balconies that you can see through from all angles. We have always stayed on the 4th floor (2 times pool view and 1 time woods view). I prefer the pool view, but the woods view was great too. You will LOVE the villas!!
Previous visits: All Star Movies, All Star Music, All Star Sports, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Dixie Landings/Port Orleans Riverside, Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge Villas and Yacht Club
Old 04-23-2002, 07:31 PM   #40
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

999ghsts,,,,, Thanks so much more the reply. One more courtyard question. Is the southwing inner on the side of the pool bar or the other side? I would like to be near the end of the U. What does inner mean. I do not want up by the lobby but near the pool..... Thanks for the info. Corvair
Old 04-23-2002, 07:52 PM   #41
sweetheart2576
Disney Fanatic

999 ghosts

Thanks for the info. I also have one more question. I have a standard room booked for aug 16-23. I was thinking about asking for a bunk bed room. Is there any over looking the front desk? I am thinking about calling and changing to a woods view but really dont want to spend the xtra money, but may change so i can get a better view. Are the ones facing the rooftops that bad? Either way i am glad to be going to disney and would be happy regardless of the room i get. I am just really confused over what I want to do.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:08 AM   #42
plutospup
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran
Hoping for fair winds and following seas...

Crafts

I heard there may be childrens crafts in the WL lobby? Has anyone heard anything about this?
Old 04-24-2002, 07:11 AM   #43
goofytoo
Mouseketeer

Talking 999Ghosts How do we know it's you???

We will be ther 18-25
How will we know it's you? will you be the only one with the lime green ribbon in your hair?
Can I fax my room request to you???
Thank you for all this great information!
you're the best!

1983 Disneyland
1987 Honeymoon DisneyInn
1992 offsite
2000 Port Orleans
2001 Wonder and HRH
2002 Wilderness Lodge 23 Days to Go!!!!!!!!
2003 Magic western
Old 04-24-2002, 08:05 AM   #44
kimmar067

3 cheers....

....for 999ghsts!!!! Thank you soooo much for responding; now we have a "resident expert" who can, hopefully, answer any questions the DIS'ers may have. All I know is, last night we booked the WL (7/30-8/4) and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
(Question: when you enter the lobby from the front doors, to the left is the "South" or the "North"?)

(999ghsts: are you REALLY a CM????)
I've been BOO'ED!!!

Last edited by kimmar067; 04-24-2002 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:40 AM   #45
travelgoddess
DIS Veteran

just booked

Greetings,
I just booked us for a courtyard room 11/30-12/7. I can't wait
for my hubby to see the lodge and all of the resorts decorated
for the holidays. We are spending our first day just visiting most
of the resorts and video taping the lobbies and the xmas decorations to take back to my office. I am a travel agent, so I
have briefly seen once before the decorations when I was at
Disney for business. Can someone throw out a couple of good
room numbers for us. We are booked with at courtyard view,
Would like a king bed, near the pool area, with a decent view.
I don't ask for much, do I (lol).

Thanks, and I love this thread.

Mary in Michigan (travelgoddes)
Boardwalk Inn 2002
Wilderness Lodge 2003
Port Orleans French Quarter 2004
Wilderness Lodge 2006
Caribbean Beach Resort 2008
Port Orleans Riverside 2011

THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: