Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #76
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
That "What are you Celebrating" Tour is coming to Indy (thanks for the email), but I can't get any information on where or what time on the 10th. I have a wedding that afternoon (I know - a Friday wedding, never done one of those before), so it will all depend on the time. I'd like to check it out, though, and maybe get more details. I think the only one that could be there on their birthday on our trip that year would be my DH. We'll have to see if they extend it. It's a bit of a letdown from the "Year of a Million Dreams," though. I don't think anything they could have introduced would have been that exciting! Definitely check out the Main Street Bakery - I saw those cinnamon rolls while I was there, and they smelled wonderful!
Have you found any more information on times? I started registering on the web site to try to win a vacation. I do think that the "Year of a Million Dreams" will be a tough one for them to ever top. Maybe I am just sad that it is ending and that is why I am not into the new theme. I hope that it turns out cool. It would be neat if they had dreams that they still would reward people with (even if you aren't there on your birthday). It could be an "unbirthday" celebration.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:44 AM   #77
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

oops - forgot to quote...

October 2012 Trip report

Last edited by FairyGodmotherJen; 09-29-2008 at 08:46 AM. Reason: double post
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2008, 08:46 AM   #78
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
Have you found any more information on times? I started registering on the web site to try to win a vacation. I do think that the "Year of a Million Dreams" will be a tough one for them to ever top. Maybe I am just sad that it is ending and that is why I am not into the new theme. I hope that it turns out cool. It would be neat if they had dreams that they still would reward people with (even if you aren't there on your birthday). It could be an "unbirthday" celebration.
I think it'd be especially cool if they'd continue the Dream Fastpass giveaway. I mean, it's not like that costs much - pretty much just the cost of producing the passes themselves. It'd just be cool to be surprised with that, YOAMD or not!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 09-29-2008, 08:52 AM   #79
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Day 6: Time to Leave

It came, though we didnt want to the alarm on our departure day. DH and I REALLY didnt want it to come, since wed been up so late packing! We dragged ourselves out of bed and got ready to go. Id been to the food court the night before to use up most of our snack credits on treats for the plane, but we still had two CS meals left. The plan was to get ready, check in at the little airline desk, and then hit the food court one last time for some Mickey waffles.

So, how many of you that have been reading this report automatically knew that we didnt make it when you read that last sentence???

As usual, things didnt go as quickly as wed hoped there were still things to pack last minute, sleepy kids, a fussy infant and all kinds of other distractions. We did find out, to our delight, that Disney now checks you in automatically for your flight! I dont know if this had something to do with my confirming our departure flight when I called to fix the ME information the day before or not, but we had an envelope on our door that morning with eight boarding passes (since we had a connecting flight) already printed off. Wed expected to have to do this after we left the room, so it was a really great surprise. We NEVER would have gotten ready in time if not!

We finally left the room (DH made his customary 3 final sweeps to make sure nothing had jumped out of our bags and hidden itself under the bed hes very thorough ) and headed to the main building. The kids kind of dragged their feet, and even Pooh was pretty quiet. DH headed to get the luggage tagged while I went to get breakfast. Of course, after being in there only about five minutes (and not even having made a decision yet), DH calls to say theyre heading out to the line because the attendant at the airline desk said the driver might not stop (at this time of the day) if he didnt see anyone. So I ended up getting one full meal w/a Mickey waffle and then just getting a bagel and taking it to go which means we left a free CS meal on our ticket that expired at midnight that night. Oh, well it was Free Dining, and were always leaving something. The first time we went as a family in 2005, we had about 8 snack credits left on our last night, and I think we left three or four of them. We only had one or two snack credits left in 2007 (which is good, since the dining wasnt free then!). So we were continuing the trend.

Our driver was very patient (and punctual). He waited for me to find my ticket/pass/whatever it is that they print out for you for the bus, since I was juggling all three kids and two plates of food as DH took charge of our carry-ons and the strollers. He was also a very pleasant man nowhere near as exhuberant as Charlie (our bus driver on the way there) had been, but at 6 a.m. I dont think I could have handled Charlie! We went to all three All Stars and to Coronado Springs. My best friend stayed there with her family when they came in Sept, 2007, and they really liked it. Theyre serious foodies, and loved the Pepper Market. Id like to try it some time, but I think were leaning towards a different moderate in 2010. It was nice to get to see at least a little more than you would see just driving past it.

Finally, we got to the airport and hauled all our crap uh, I mean stuff out of the bus. (When youre going home, it feels a lot more like you overpacked, doesnt it?) Heres a picture of the two older kids with their backpacks.

And here's Pooh- he was just done...

They were troopers on this trip home!

We settled in front of the Disney store (not the one were used to we were in a different wing) and took turns shopping (and playing).

We also grabbed some Krispy Cremes (hey, it was our last vacation day!), then took the little people mover-type things to security. I have to say, I really like the family line they have at the security area there. We almost missed it, but they directed us to it, and it was so nice not to feel rushed by all of the business travelers that were also trying to get through. Its always an adventure getting us through security, but this area makes it much easier. And apparently we were the only family heading out of Orlando that day, because we were all alone!

We hit the fake monorail, and the kids got front row seats, which they love. You know, when you arrive, its a fun little ride to begin your trip. But when youre leaving, its just a sad, fake little monorail (at least to the adults).

The wait for our plane was pretty uneventful. We had seats across the isle from each other again, though it was much more crowded than our flight out had been. The kids all continued to do well, and we got to Detroit for our connecting flight with nothing more eventful happening than my MP3 player running out of juice (and, of course, Pooh was asleep so I was actually free to listen). We were also on time, which put my mind at ease.

It was a good thing we were on time, because it seemed like we had to go clear across the state to get to our gate in Detroit. I was so glad that there was an airport employee that was taking a handicapped passenger to the same set of gates as us, or I dont think wed have found it in time with such a short layover! As it was, we had just enough time for the kids to get potty breaks and for us all to stretch for a bit before we began boarding. We had a very small plane on the way home DH and I actually sat on one side of the aisle with Pooh on my lap, with Tink and Goofy on the other side so that they could take advantage of the DVD player together. This is actually where we caught Goofy imitating Charlie the bus driver. He had bought a set of three Disney buses with the last of his spending money. Yes, we now have a little set of metal Disney buses a Magical Express, a park bus and a Disney Cruise Line bus. He adores them, and put them on a shelf next to his bed every night for the first week we were home. Hes explained them to everyone that will listen (multiple times). He was rolling the ME one across his tray asking his sister if she was, happy, happy, happy?

I was a little worried about the size of the plane, but it ended up being just fine. We arrived back in Indy without a hitch. My dad was waiting for us once wed cleared the security area. Its always so much nicer to have someone waiting there for you than to have to get the shuttle to long-term parking, isnt it? We got to relive our trip all over again for him (the non-Disney lover, but he was very patient with us), and even showed him some of our pictures before he had to leave. It was a nice way to re-acclimate to real life again.

Ill be back to post some final thoughts soon!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 09-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #80
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

OH, so sad it's over.
My ds7 got those buses also. They have been played with so much, the paint is just about worn off. May have to get another set when we go again. LOL

Last trip we managed to use all of our snacks, but left 8 CS credits. We stay one more night than day, so we always have extra credits. Not to mention we often share CS, because we are soooo stuffed from our TS.

We're all missing WDW very much, so I appreciate people taking the time to post their reports. Helps get us through!

Great report!
Old 09-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #81
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Aww, I'm sad to see it end! I hate the end of a trip! It's so depressing! I'm glad your traveling day went well!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:11 PM   #82
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Oh no! The last day!! It is so hard to leave. Especially, if you are checking out and you see a bus load of people all happy and just starting their vacation. I guess it has to end sometime. I have enjoyed your trip report so much! It was like we got to be there right with you guys. (We do the sweep under the bed too. Last time we found a black mens sock that did not belong to either of us.). Now we can start our massive planning for 2010!! It's not too early!!
I am looking forward to your final thoughts.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #83
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
OH, so sad it's over.
My ds7 got those buses also. They have been played with so much, the paint is just about worn off. May have to get another set when we go again. LOL

Last trip we managed to use all of our snacks, but left 8 CS credits. We stay one more night than day, so we always have extra credits. Not to mention we often share CS, because we are soooo stuffed from our TS.

We're all missing WDW very much, so I appreciate people taking the time to post their reports. Helps get us through!

Glad to hear that other people leave credits behind on Free Dining, too! I feel like I'm wasting something. Too bad you can't save them for next time!!

I've gotten to the point where I'm missing it again, and am loving the Trip Report Board! That and the Podcast are getting me through. Thanks for reading along!
Great report!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Aww, I'm sad to see it end! I hate the end of a trip! It's so depressing! I'm glad your traveling day went well!
It's always a worry about traveling, isn't it? Especially with little ones. I'm always thankful when it's calm - I've had the opposite experience, too, so it's great when it goes well! I hate the end, too. Goofy told me the other morning that he had a dream that he lived in Disney World. I think they're just as hooked as I am....

Quote:
Oh no! The last day!! It is so hard to leave. Especially, if you are checking out and you see a bus load of people all happy and just starting their vacation. I guess it has to end sometime. I have enjoyed your trip report so much! It was like we got to be there right with you guys. (We do the sweep under the bed too. Last time we found a black mens sock that did not belong to either of us.). Now we can start our massive planning for 2010!! It's not too early!!
I am looking forward to your final thoughts.
I am already looking around!!! It's so far out, I think I need to pace myself. Now I'll be looking forward to reading yours!!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 10-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #84
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Final thoughts really ARE coming, guys - I'm stuck at the I've-taken-pictures-but-don't-know-how-to-download-them place again! DH and I are actually both home tonight, so hopefully I'll be posting them soon. Thanks for waiting!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 10-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #85
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Final thoughts really ARE coming, guys - I'm stuck at the I've-taken-pictures-but-don't-know-how-to-download-them place again! DH and I are actually both home tonight, so hopefully I'll be posting them soon. Thanks for waiting!
Don't feel bad, I get to that stage a lot! I am the same way with my Ipod. I guess it is good that our DH's are tech geeks opps, I mean guys.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #86
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's always a worry about traveling, isn't it? Especially with little ones. I'm always thankful when it's calm - I've had the opposite experience, too, so it's great when it goes well! I hate the end, too. Goofy told me the other morning that he had a dream that he lived in Disney World. I think they're just as hooked as I am....

I am already looking around!!! It's so far out, I think I need to pace myself. Now I'll be looking forward to reading yours!!
Awww, he is too cute! Living at Disney World sounds cool to me! I think over Thanksgiving break we should have our next planning meeting. We will probably be the only two people who want to attend our meeting but that is OK too.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #87
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

So sorry it is over! Your pictures are so adorable! Thank you for sharing!

Old 10-05-2008, 09:07 PM   #88
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awww, he is too cute! Living at Disney World sounds cool to me! I think over Thanksgiving break we should have our next planning meeting. We will probably be the only two people who want to attend our meeting but that is OK too.
Especially since our number for this trip is rapidly growing!! We're really going to have to do some serious planning. Oh, darn....

My kids are soooo hooked! Goofy informed me that the Magical Express bus would be taking him on his field trip last week....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nts4wdw View Post
So sorry it is over! Your pictures are so adorable! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks! It's been fun to write it out. Plus, now I have a written record of this trip. A LOOOONG written record, so I don't think I'll be printing it out to put in the scrapbook, but still, it's there on the hard drive!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 10-05-2008, 09:20 PM   #89
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Believe it or not, theres a thing or two I left out. (My father says I was vaccinated with a victrola needle as a child, which is why I have so much to say.)

The main one that I realized I forgot has to do with these.

Yep, thats right. Those are MNSSHP pins. (Sorry for the blurry pics - no matter how many I took, I couldn't get some of them to turn out.) I got hooked on pin collecting in 2005, and DH has gotten me several as gifts from time to time. I was so excited about getting the limited edition pins from the party, and was so disappointed not to get them because we had to get Tink back to the room. Well, DH, being the awesome guy he is , spent the majority of time we were in the Emporium after our Whispering Canyon dinner snagging these for me. Apparently, he went up to the desks and asked about them, and was told that no, they were only on sale the night of the party. He explained the situation, and asked if there was any way he could get them for his wife. The CM was sympathetic and summoned a manager. DH told his story all over again, and offered to show the man pictures, bring in a wristband (Tink kept hers she liked the bracelet), or do anything else to convince him that wed been there. The manager took pity on him, and offered him one of each pin that was offered that night. Arent they great? And look what the Donald one does:

It's hard to see in this picture, but the pumpkin opens up and Chip and Dale are inside, which is why Donald looks so annoyed.

Sooooo cute! Ill wear these to school (I do with all my holiday pins). And now that DSIL is going in October and will be attending the party, Im going to send her with some cash and hopefully get two more. (You dont mind, do you Shelley??? ) BTW she has a pre-trip report going here on the boards. Check it out!

I originally thought Id add a few pictures of the things Goofy, Tink and my DH purchased, as well. However, the kids' toys are spread all over the house, so I'll just show you the pictures I could get. Tink spent all her money on the little Disney Princess version of Polly Pocket. She got an Ariel set and the Princes set. She was pretty surprised to find out that the Princes set came with outfits and heads for four princes but only one body!! I guess you can only have one Princess live happily ever after at a time As I'd said before, Goofy bought the Disny buses. Hes still playing with them all the time. Theyve been joining Lightning McQueen and all of the other Cars characters on the race track lately. He also got some of the new themed Matchbox-type cars. One is a Buzz car, and the other is a Zurg car. Yes, hes all boy.

DH was all excited to find a Mickey head egg mold. Were still trying to figure out how to use it to make pancakes on the griddle (right now, were using it to cut the heads out of pancakes after we make them). He also found this t-shirt (great color, huh? )

And a scrapbooking set. Yes, he scrapbooks, too but only Disney. Hes gotten some odd looks when we attend crops at our local store, but he really likes it.

This is my Mickey Tshirt, which I havent been able to wear yet because of Pooh and the glitter.

I also got a few other pins. Besides the MNSSHP pins, my favorite is a Mickey "Singin' in the Rain" pin. There's no picture here because all of the ones I took came out SOOO blurry. But here are the others - also cute, IMO.

So, thats it. I cant believe its been a month since we left home for Orlando. DH and I were looking at the calendar at the end of September, trying to fit everything in, and I looked at the beginning of the month where we had our trip marked. I looked at him and said, It feels like we werent even there! He agreed with me. Not that we didnt have a good time or anything it just almost seems like a dream. Sounds corny, I know, but there you go. My DSIL is planning her trip right now its only two weeks away! Im living through her at the moment, and dreaming of a great trip in 2010. Im still haunting the DISboards like crazy, and have looked up every Disney thing I can think of (Im sad, I know). I even entered to be on the next Disney Moms panel not that Ill get it, but its fun to dream.

Reality is looming closer and closer I go back to work Oct. 20, and Im really starting to dread it. I swear, every time I mention it Pooh just looks at me like, What are you talking about, Mommy? Im going to have a hard time with this one, let me tell you. I just feel like Im a better Mommy all around since Ive been home. If nothing else, Im more patient than I know Ill be when I add 8 working hours on to everything else Ill still be doing (and since there are times when Im not all that patient even now, thats kind of scary). I feel like I won't even get to see them at all when I go back to teaching. I told DH that if I could find a job sharing all my Disney knowledge/enthusiasm, and could tutor on the side (I really do love teaching), wed be all set. He just smiled at me. I keep telling him its fun to dream I'm working on focusing on the positive: I had six months at home (not to mention an unexpected Disney trip), and it's a lot more than so many people get. Focus on the positve...focus on the positive...

So, thanks for reading with me. I hope to keep living through some of your experiences, and just hanging out with all of you who share some of my obsessions. Talk to you soon!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 10-05-2008, 10:49 PM   #90
teruterubouzu
DIS Veteran

Your kids are adorable, and your daughter has the most amazing eyes! I can't imagine handling three kids like you did. This sounded like quite a vacation. I really enjoyed your report.

August 7-11, 2009 - Went back for a long weekend with my brother to relive old family vacation memories.
May 8-11, 2009 - Long weekend at Coronado Springs

August 2008 Trip Report: Disneyfied! Two sisters return to Walt Disney World after 21 years. (apologies for abandoning this)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: