Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2008, 03:58 PM   #31
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Welcome Home! I can't wait to see your pictures and hear all about it!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #32
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

We're baaaccckkk!!

...And we're dry!! We really didn't have many weather problems at all. I have a ton of pictures and things to tell you. We really enjoyed the Halloween festivities, and managed a good number of firsts. Right now, I have two suitcases full of dirty laundry, two kids that have to go back to school tomorrow, and DH and I are fairly slap-happy from lack of sleep (and Disney let-down! Thank goodness we know we're going back in 2010!!). I'll try to get going again tomorrow, though. I can't wait to share! Thanks for all the well-wishes, everyone!

October 2012 Trip report

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #33
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear about the trip!
Old 09-11-2008, 05:57 PM   #34
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Ok – here we go…

We were up and at ‘em early on Thursday morning. Pooh got up before my alarm to nurse, but went back to sleep. I actually had a bit of a hard time getting Tink and Goofy out of bed (what’s with that??? WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY!!). Thankfully, with Grammy and Papa’s help, they got dressed and brushed. My parents went way beyond the call of duty by driving 45 minutes to get to our house at 6 a.m. and take us to the airport.

Before I knew it, we were running late. It always happens – it’s something with the genes in my husband’s family. I swear, I was compulsively on-time to everything before I married him. It had something to do with a maniacal choir director at Purdue…anyway, I was shoving bags into the van as DH was doing his usual ten sweeps of the house, setting the light timers (at least he could find them this time) and doing various other stuff. We got the kids, my parents, and us in the van (which was a feat in and of itself with our mountain of luggage) about 15 minutes later than I wanted to. We made it to the airport at a decent time, though.

Once inside, we were on our way to check our luggage when we happened to run across my brother’s best friend from grade school. He has since married and moved to CT, but had been in town on business and had swung down to Columbus to visit his family. It was so funny – we’ve run into people we know in the airports on each of the three Disney trips we’ve taken. It’s always someone we haven’t seen in a while, too. We said goodbye to him, checked our bags, and headed to McDonald’s (another trip tradition for us) for breakfast. That’s when the first issue happened – remember that stomach bug Tink, Goofy and I had been suffering from? I still didn’t have much of an appetite, but I was feeling ok. Until we were waiting in line to check bags. Everyone else went to get breakfast, and I headed to the restroom. This was not the only time, unfortunately. Not trip-ruining, but definitely NOT in my plans! Breakfast pics - not much eating happened (a recurring theme), but lots of excitement!

We said goodbye to my parents and went through security. I have to admit that the folks here in Indy are pretty darn patient with us and all our gear. Two strollers, a laptop, video and still cameras, a DVD player …yes, we’re the nightmare family. At least Tink doesn’t have a meltdown anymore when she has to put her backpack on the conveyor belt, and we know now to eat those pancake platters from McDonald’s BEFORE we get to security (yes, we closely resembled a circus at the gate on our first trip in 2005 ). Just like last summer, we’d barely gotten to our gate before they called to begin boarding. All we had time to do was all hit the restroom one last time and gather our things. We were off – and on time!! Pooh did fine on the plane – nursed and then fell asleep. It wasn’t full at all (now that was a first on a trip to Orlando for us!), and the lady that had the seat next to me offered to move to an empty row to give me more space. DH got the DVD player started for the kiddos, and we sailed on down to Orlando. Here are more pics:
Movies:

Pooh stretching out:

Now, I forgot to mention that, as we were pulling our bags out at the airport, DH looks at me and says, “I forgot my ME tags.” I just looked at him. I had taken care of putting them on all of the bags I packed that morning. I don’t pack for DH, though, so he was on his own. I handed him the tags, though. And he didn’t have them. He’d taken them from me and put them down somewhere in the house. So, once we got to Orlando and rode the little fake monorail, the kids and I sat down in the chairs in the waiting area for ME and he went up a floor to find his bag. I was frustrated at this point, I admit – I was IN SIGHT of the ME desk, and had to sit there and wait for DH to come back before I could even get in line. Finally, he did and I left them all (Tink grudgingly doing her homework) there with our carryons and got in line. I know, I need to be more patient. But I wanted to get there!!!

We didn’t have to wait very long at all. In fact, we had a hard time getting Goofy to move – he was too busy watching the previews on the TV monitor to walk to the bus. We then got onto the bus with THE MOST ENTHUSIASTIC MAGICAL EXPRESS BUS DRIVER EVER. Oh my goodness!! His name was Charlie, and he was ready to go. “Is everyone happy, happy, happy? You’re going to Disney World! Let me hear you happy, happy, happy!!” He was so funny. We had to go to the other two All-Star resorts before we got to ours (we’re used to it by now). When he pulled away, he would start running the wipers, honking the horn and in general making the bus make noise to the beat of the music that was playing on the video screen. I can only imagine how freaked out all of the people waiting for buses to the parks were as he drove by. He was a nut! But a happy nut. I’d much rather have him than a really serious, sour person. He made an impression, though. On the way home, we caught Goofy asking his sister if she was “happy, happy, happy?” DH and I almost lost it! DH got about three hours worth of video on this trip – I wish he’d taped Charlie the bus driver! Here are Goofy, Pooh and I enjoying the video during one of Charlie's calmer moments:

We got right up to the counter at ASMo and ended up in Dalmatians building 1 (a first for us – we’ve always been in Fantasia before). We weren’t sure at first, but ended up liking it. Very quick to the buses. Then we headed to the food court to grab lunch. Or, DH and I grabbed lunch. Tink and Goofy decided that they weren’t really going to eat on this trip, and this was just further evidence of that. The kids who were so excited about the fact that they got to eat chicken nuggets and French fries each day for lunch didn’t like the nuggets now. I even told them we wouldn’t be swimming today if they didn’t eat. Goofy’s response was to tell me he really didn’t want to swim today, and curl up in a ball on the bench of the booth we were in. I wasn’t sure if it was the stomach bug still talking or their general pickiness, so I only pushed so far. But, based on their reactions, we decided to scrap the idea of Downtown Disney, then dinner, than MK for a ride or two. We figured we’d chill out in the room, head over to Chef Mickey’s for dinner, and then head to DD to shop. Looking back at what happened next, I wish we’d just have gone shopping!!

I'll be back later - I have to go to choir. Hope you're enjoying!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 09-12-2008, 08:14 AM   #35
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

So we went back to the room after lunch. DH laid down for a nap (his ears were still bothering him from the flight – they always do) , I put the classic cartoon channel on for Goofy and Tink, nursed Pooh and proceeded to unpack. After a little while, Pooh got cranky being up on the bed. I didn’t want him to bother DH, so I laid a towel on the ground and put him next to me. He was better, but he kept grabbing for the drawers that I was loading clothes into. I kept having to pull his hands away. After I had all but one suitcase unpacked, I took a break and leaned down to play with Pooh, who was very quietly playing on the floor (unusual for him – shoulda tipped me off right away). After I got back up, Goofy looked at me and asked what was on my face. Turns out, it was blood. And it was on my arm. And my shirt, And it was coming from Pooh’s thumb. I didn’t understand – what could he possibly have cut it on? And it seemed to be bleeding quite a bit! I ran and got a towel and picked him up. I figured if I applied some pressure, it would stop. I pulled the towel away after a minute or two to look at what he’d done, exactly. But I still couldn’t tell, on account of the blood that was coming out pretty rapidly. So I covered it again. I did this for about ten minutes. He didn’t really like me holding on to his hand, but other than that he seemed oblivious to the fact that he was bleeding. He never cried or anything.

By this point, I’m getting worried. I know, it’s my third kid. I should be calmer by now, right? Well, I’ve never had a four month old bleed on me like that before. I ended up waking up DH. Bad idea – he was even more worried about it that I was, and decided Pooh needed to be seen. He called the desk to figure out what to do. It turns out Disney has some kind of a contract/agreement with an urgent care center that will come and pick you up from any resort and take you to their site (which happens to be in a strip mall, which was a little odd). So, I packed up Pooh and the washcloths and the backpack and we headed out. They came right up to the main entrance, and took me straight there. Unfortunately, there was no car seat, so I carried him on my lap.

Of course, by the time I got there, the bleeding had slowed down considerably. I think it’s because he fell asleep on the ride over, so I wasn’t fighting him to keep his hand covered. Looking at it in the waiting room, I figured they’d tell me he’d cut it (I’d found a slightly rough edge on the corner of one of the cabinets, so assumed he’d cut himself on that), clean it up and send me back. But the doctor decided he’d pinched it. I still don’t know what he did to this day – it ended up being the thumb that was on the opposite side than the drawer, and I don’t think he could have reached it. Apparently they bleed like a son of a gun when they pinch off several of the top layers of skin on the tip of a finger like that, so the doctor ended up numbing it, then cauterized it and bandaged it. Pooh loved this, as you can imagine. The good part of the story is that there was no one else waiting, so I managed to get all of this done in fairly good time (for an urgent care center, at least). I was told to keep it dry and out of his mouth for a day or so, and was sent on my way. They did take me straight to the Contemporary, since our ADRs were there that night. I only got there a few minutes after DH and the two older kids. But I was done at that point, and really had to calm down before I could enjoy dinner. I know it wasn't exactly a major wound, but the whole thing had my nerves a bit on edge. I guess the big thing to take from this with is that Disney is ready for situations like this. I didn’t have to call a cab, or figure out where to take him. The little shuttle bus picked me up, took me there, and brought me back to wherever I wanted to go. Thanks, Disney!

Now that I was with the rest of my family, I could settle down and breathe again. Chef Mickey’s was fun, as usual. We got our pictures taken, though the photographer was not that great with babies. She was sitting there waiting to take the picture of the people in front of us until the baby would smile – not just snapping it as soon as the baby was looking the right way! Plus, her way of getting them to smile was to clap, REALLY loudly. Not gonna work. When it was our turn, she wanted me to move Pooh to a different position. I had to tell her I was trying to hide the blood on my shirt. That made her look at me funny. DH got a kick out of it, as did the family behind us. Anyway, we were seated right after that, and the characters came and made everyone forget about the afternoon – and about eating, in Tink and Goofy’s case.

I was impressed that most of the characters seemed to pay attention to Pooh, as well. He was a little oblivious at first, but then seemed to get more into them, as you can see.

We saw everyone but Minnie (Goofy and Tink decided they had to go to the bathroom, then all of a sudden she was at our table and she never came back), and DH and I at least ate. We ended up buying the picture, because it was actually really good. I'll try to get DH to scan it so I can post it. We then browsed some of the shops there at the resort and hopped a bus to DTD.

We stopped at a few must-sees: World of Disney, the toy store, the pin store (briefly), and Goofy’s Candy Co. We bought the kids’ autograph books at World of Disney, along with pens for each of their teachers (and me – I love the simple pens that are shaped like the characters!). They each bought a toy at the toy store, but only spent about half their money, so I was happy. DH and I also bought them “huggy things,” as Goofy calls stuffed animals. This is a bit of a tradition for us. They still love on the ones they got last trip. Goofy got Sorcerer Mickey this time around (DH is rubbing off on him) and Tink got Baby Cinderella. Here's a picture of them outside the toy store:

Then we went to Goofy’s.

I got my make-your-own-pretzel rods (dipped in milk chocolate and pecans and drizzled with caramel – yummy!!) and the kids each got something small to snack on. By this point, we were pretty pooped. We decided to head back to the room and get some sleep, since it would be a very busy, long day on Friday.

Hope to get more up today- thanks for reading! I've asked for this to be moved to the general trip reports thread, so hopefully it'll be there soon.

October 2012 Trip report

Old 09-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #36
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Yikes! I would have completely freaked with a bleeding baby!! I'm glad it was serious and you were in and out of the urgent care center quickly and able to get back to you vacation!

Can't wait to read more!
Old 09-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #37
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me why most of my pictures are posting small, even though I'm saving them all to the same size? I just previewed a post and ended up scrapping it, since all my pictures were too tiny! Any help would be appreciated!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 09-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #38
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Ok - I've figured it out. I just opened a Photobucket account - it's working a lot better than the DIS photo pages!

Day Two

DH’s watch and cell phone went off bright and early that morning – 5 a.m. Since Pooh had been up twice during the night, we were a bit slow getting out of bed. But the CM at the desk had told me yesterday to be at the bus stop between 6:45 and 7 for our ADR at Crystal Palace, so we were going to make it, by golly! Now, this was the day Hanna decided to brush past us – don’t get us wrong, we were happy she was just brushing! But I made sure I had all of the rain gear and everything else packed so that we would be set. We got the kids up, dressed and ready to go and headed to the bus. No rain yet, so maybe we’d be ok??? Here are the boys, ready to go:

Nope. I was doing Tink’s hair at the bus stop, and it started drizzling. Some of the other families that were waiting moved under the awning, but we were first in line, so DH and I looked at each other and decided to sit it out. Then it started raining harder. And harder. We ran for cover!

Of course, about 30 seconds later, the bus pulled up. It already had people going to the MK for early ADRs from the other two All-Star resorts, but luckily the kids and I were able to get a seat. DH had his first standing bus trip of many – I don’t think he sat down on a bus but twice this whole trip. We were going to have to pull out the ponchos, but we were off!

We got to the MK and put our rain gear on under the bus stop canopy.

Then we were off! Even with the rain, it was SOOOOO cool to have Main Street almost to ourselves! This will definitely be a repeat on our next trip. It was awesome!

And with all the cool Halloween decorations, too!

And by the time we’d actually made it to CP, it was barely drizzling. DH suggested I go check in while he took a few more pictures. This was a recurrent theme – we were ready to move on, while DH was still snapping ten more pictures. I swear, I never should have introduced him to scrapbooking, or the Picture of the Day thread on this forum!

We really enjoyed CP. The food was good, the character interaction was fun, and the restaurant itself was lovely.

I love this one of Goofy - this was taken after he had knocked over his juice, fallen off his chair and came perilously close to tipping the table completely over (DH caught it just in time!). One look at the face tells everything about his state of mind that morning!

Pooh got a little fussy, but DH was able to get him settled down to sleep, and this was how he spent the rest of the meal:

We asked for our check early (not right when we sat down, but well before we were done), so we were able to leave when we wanted to. We had seen people coming up Main Street, so we knew we’d missed rope drop, but we weren’t too concerned. We split up after breakfast – DH and the older two kids to Fantasyland, and me to get FastPasses to BTMRR, which we’d never ridden, and which the kids had been excited about since they’d seen the pictures on the vacation planning DVD. As I came back, I saw Frontier Donald (but had no camera and only Pooh with me). Then I saw the Fairy Godmother as I was crossing past the funnel cake stand back to the castle. I got all excited and picked up my cell to call DH to get over here – then saw a man in the distance picking up his cell phone. It turned out they’d never gotten to the teacups (which was their original plan) because DH had been taking pictures of them in front of a deserted castle.

He’d struck up a conversation with a CM, who’d told them about the Fairy Godmother and sent them over. The kids had already gotten their pictures taken with her, but I just had to get in there myself – she is one of my favorites, you know.

We headed to Fantasyland after that, and DH decided they needed to try to pull the sword out of the stone.

Goofy was a little confused - he wanted DH to actually pull it out, and kept saying, "Pull it out, Daddy! Pull it out now!" It's a good thing we never got over to see the show they do there, or he'd be on his Daddy all the time!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 09-12-2008, 03:14 PM   #39
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Day 2 continued...

We went on to do Fantasyland in a park that was, honestly, nearly deserted. I worried about the weather for weeks before we left, and it ended up working in our favor! Apparently, no one else wanted to brave the occasional showers. We put the rain stuff on once more, and then waited out another brief shower in Frontierland that caused the “Woody’s Roundup” show to end early.

Anyway, in Fantasyland the kids watched Alice and the Mad Hatter ride the teacups before they got on, which was fun.

Then we headed to the Pooh ride – what ride would be better for our Pooh’s first ride at Disney World?? Only one problem – Goofy had decided the ride was scary. Yes, I’m talking about The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – not Snow White, not Space Mountain – the Pooh ride. We honestly had to carry him onto the ride. Now, we never would have done this had there honestly been something to be afraid of. But it was Pooh, for pete’s sake! He ended up loving it, and wanted to go on it several more times over the course of our trip. This was a theme that would come up a lot though. I think it’s the age – Tink didn’t want to participate in any children’s activities the first time we were there, and that was when she was four, too. He decided he wasn’t going to ride BTMRR after all (“I’ll ride it when I grow up, Mommy. Like when I’m ten.”). He refused to ride Peter Pan, almost didn’t go into Laugh Floor, and was very vocal about all of the rides that we would never have dreamed of taking him on. For example, as we passed it he informed us, “I am NOT riding the Haunted Mansion, Mommy." And, later, "I’m going to wait until I grow up to ride Space Mountain. It has scary music.” (We have a CD of park music, and he's been listening to it quite a bit.)

Goofy was adamant that we ride Buzz Lightyear next, so we headed over. I know (now) that Toy Story Mania is more fun, but this one ranks right up there with it in Goofy’s heart. We rode it twice in a row (the grumpy CMs wouldn’t let us just stay on, so we had to go around and walk through the empty queue again – they must not have like the rain). I then found a quiet corner to nurse Pooh, and let the others go off on their own. When I called them afterward to find out what they did, I learned they’d spent the entire time on the Buzz ride – they’d ridden it five more times! DH got some good pics of the kids, though.

We headed to Laugh Floor next, which took some convincing on Goofy’s part (he won’t watch the movie because – say it with me now – “it might be scary.”) We really enjoyed this. We didn’t have a joke to text, but at the end when Mike’s nephew asks, “Hey, wanna see something cute?” all of a sudden Pooh is up on the screen! Everyone cooed and “awww”-ed, and DH said later that if he’d have been thinking straight, he’d have put Pooh down and waved his arms like it was him they were talking about (he was holding Pooh at the time). So that made my day. No pictures, since it happened so fast. I wish I'd have thought to grab one of the screen, but it happened pretty fast.

We headed to Frontierland from there with the intent to do several “firsts” for us. The biggie was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, mainly because (at least at home) everyone agreed they wanted to ride it. We got sidelined by the aforementioned shower but we took refuge under the covered porch near the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon (I think that’s it’s name). We ended up getting a tub of popcorn to help us pass the time (the kids really didn’t eat enough at breakfast!). Then we headed to the railroad. I took Tink on it first. I have to admit, I was a little nervous about what her reaction would be, but I didn’t need to be. She loved it! She ran back to DH to go on it again, using Goofy’s pass. But by the time they had returned, we were running on fumes. Darn that stomach bug – I really think we could have done more if the kids weren’t still tiring so easily. They were currently fighting over which one got to ride in the stroller now. We pacified them long enough to head to Jungle Cruise - another first, which we LOVED. We had a great guide. He was right up DH’s alley, since he made all kinds of Transformers/Star Wars/geeky boy thing jokes. He was the highlight of the morning for DH. Here are some pics that DH took:

Unfortunately, when we got off the ride, we had a near atomic meltdown over the whole stroller issue. This is when my wonderful DH decided that it wasn’t worth it – he lifted Goofy onto his shoulders, and pushed Pooh in the stroller at the same time (his stroller was easier to steer one-handed). I should have gotten a picture of it at some point, because he would end up doing it so many more times during the trip. I can’t believe his back/neck held up to it.

We headed back to the room at this point.

(I love this decoration over the exits from Main Street!)

We figured we’d get the kids something at the hotel, since they had pasta that we could get without the sauce, or grilled cheese (I know, I know). As we rode to ASMo, it started POURING down rain. I couldn’t get over how wet it was. I took Pooh back to the room to nurse while DH got the two older kids a CS meal to share (it still didn’t get eaten well). Then we announced that it would be lights out – no toys, no TV – so that we could all rest before MNSSHP that night. Of course, Pooh decided to be wide awake at this point, so I stayed in the room with the older two, and DH took Pooh out in the stroller to take some pictures of the resort:

So….did it work? Did anyone get any rest? I’ll be back later to fill you in!

October 2012 Trip report

Last edited by FairyGodmotherJen; 09-12-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #40
kathymc
Dances in the kitchen
TR connosseur
Misses puppy breath

oh my how scary that must have been - looking forward to more of the trip
sorry - cant help with the photo issues
May 5-12, 2007 POP + OKW Sept 27-Oct 5, 2008 Contemporary December 4-13, 2010 - BCV
March 14-17, 2013 SSPINGS December 7-15, 2013 - BCV Next Trip - Aulani December 10-12, 2014
Old 09-12-2008, 03:34 PM   #41
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I feel so bad for Pooh having his first urgent care visit at Disney! I am surprised he didn't cry when it happened. I love, love, love the empty street pictures of Main Street! That is something we have to do in 2010! I can't wait to see those Halloween decorations in person. The See You Real Soon pumpkins are so cute! You got to see the Fairy Godmother!! I want to do the Jungle Cruise for the first time on this trip too. The picture with Pooh asleep with the characters is priceless! I am looking forward to more!

Last edited by belle8306; 09-12-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #42
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Your children are adorable!! I want to take my DGS with me on my next trip in December (he'll be 14 mos old then) but my daughter thinks we won't enjoy the trip as much so she wants to stay behind. I think he'll do just great - your little baby did great (was sorry to read about him hurting his finger! It was great how they picked you up and drove you right to your ADR.)

Can't wait to read more!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 09-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #43
snowwhite325
Another Tag Dreamer... pinch me, am I sleeping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
...And we're dry!! We really didn't have many weather problems at all. I have a ton of pictures and things to tell you. We really enjoyed the Halloween festivities, and managed a good number of firsts. Right now, I have two suitcases full of dirty laundry, two kids that have to go back to school tomorrow, and DH and I are fairly slap-happy from lack of sleep (and Disney let-down! Thank goodness we know we're going back in 2010!!). I'll try to get going again tomorrow, though. I can't wait to share! Thanks for all the well-wishes, everyone!
Home

Old 09-12-2008, 08:11 PM   #44
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great day! I love the pictures! Your kids are adorable!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #45
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymc View Post
oh my how scary that must have been - looking forward to more of the trip
sorry - cant help with the photo issues
I know - not the way we wanted our trip to start. We were all worked up about it - he never really cared that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
Great updates! I feel so bad for Pooh having his first urgent care visit at Disney! I am surprised he didn't cry when it happened. I love, love, love the empty street pictures of Main Street! That is something we have to do in 2010! I can't wait to see those Halloween decorations in person. The See You Real Soon pumpkins are so cute! You got to see the Fairy Godmother!! I want to do the Jungle Cruise for the first time on this trip too. The picture with Pooh asleep with the characters is priceless! I am looking forward to more!
I can't wait to do that in 2010 with everyone! I'm telling you, it's awesome! You'll like the decorations - I'm glad you get to see them. Not too much longer for you!! Unfortunately, your countdown to your trip is only slightly longer till my countdown to go back to work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Your children are adorable!! I want to take my DGS with me on my next trip in December (he'll be 14 mos old then) but my daughter thinks we won't enjoy the trip as much so she wants to stay behind. I think he'll do just great - your little baby did great (was sorry to read about him hurting his finger! It was great how they picked you up and drove you right to your ADR.)

I know, we got a lot of reactions like, "You took the BABY???" Yes, we toured a bit differently because of him, but not a lot. Most of it had to do with us splitting up so that I could nurse and DH could keep the other two occupied. He was pretty low-maintenance. He'll probably be a lot harder to handle when we go back when he's two! (Hopefully, he'll be sleeping through the night consistantly by then, though!!! In terms of the shuttle, though, it was great. At least, if we had to do it, it was great!

Can't wait to read more!
Thanks! It's really cool to have people reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhite325 View Post
Home
Thank you! Sometimes I can't believe we were there at this time last week - it seems like a while ago already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Sounds like you had a great day! I love the pictures! Your kids are adorable!
Thanks - we think so. It was a good day - and a good trip. I'm so thankful we got to do this!

October 2012 Trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: