DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC - Resort Reservation Availability
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #61
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

What happened to the April, May, June, October, November, December threads?
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 03-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #62
prittfamily98
Mouseketeer

I have been trying to get dvc res for Bay Lake Tower studio standard view for the last month for the dates APRIL 22-25, 2010. NOTHING IS AVAILABLE. I do have dvc res for Boardwalk. DOES anyone know why I can NEVER get Bay Lake Towers. I call every day and have a waitlist for Bay Lake also. It is irritating. I have been a DVC member for 3 years and since Bay Lake opened I have never been able to get in there. Really why is that?
99-All Star Sports;2003-Disneyland; 2004-Wilderness Lodge; 2006-Polynesian; 2007-Port Orleans Riverside;2008-Wilderness Cabins; Wilderness villas, Saratoga Springs; 2009-Old Key West & Wilderness villas;
2010 Feb:A K Kidani Villas & Beach Club villas; May:Old Key West- FPEA convention;Julyne day Magic Kingdom(youth group trip) Oct: Saratoga Springs w/ my kids and mom and gma(it had been 21 yrs for them)
Nov:DD 18th bday @ Old key West AKV and Treehouses FEB 6-11, 2011 for my 40th BIRTHDAY!
Night of Joy Sept 9-11, 11 Wilderness Villas
!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #63
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
What happened to the April, May, June, October, November, December threads?
They are all there - I can see them.

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and Look at the bottom left side of the screen for the DISPLAY OPTONS boxes. CLick on the drop down box called FROM THE. Select either Beginning or Last Year. Then you should see the threads from your "missing months.

HTH.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
Old 03-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #64
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prittfamily98 View Post
I have been trying to get dvc res for Bay Lake Tower studio standard view for the last month for the dates APRIL 22-25, 2010. NOTHING IS AVAILABLE. I do have dvc res for Boardwalk. DOES anyone know why I can NEVER get Bay Lake Towers. I call every day and have a waitlist for Bay Lake also. It is irritating. I have been a DVC member for 3 years and since Bay Lake opened I have never been able to get in there. Really why is that?

There are very few standard view studios at BLT, and they are proving to be quite popular since they cost fewer points than Lake View or Magic Kingdom View. To get a Standard View room, you pretty much have to own BLT and call as soon as the 11 month booking window opens.

If you really want to stay at BLT, try for a Lake View studio. This is the largest category at BLT. Many members have reported success booking at 7 months for Lake View rooms. If you do not own BLT points, your best chance is to call as soon as the 7 month window opens for your dates, even for Lake View rooms.

Hope you have better luck in the future.

P.S. Sorry for the delayed response. This thread isn't monitored very often. You'll probably get more and quicker responses if you post your questions & comments about this Forum on the DVC-Mousecellaneous Forum

Old 03-17-2010, 01:48 AM   #65
franandaj

Why is it that every time I come to this thread months are missing, but the rest of you can see them?
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 03-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #66
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Why is it that every time I come to this thread months are missing, but the rest of you can see them?
I answered this question in post #63. Your display options are not set correctly if you cannot see all of the threads.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #67
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
They are all there - I can see them.

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and Look at the bottom left side of the screen for the DISPLAY OPTONS boxes. CLick on the drop down box called FROM THE. Select either Beginning or Last Year. Then you should see the threads from your "missing months.

HTH.
Thank you, I missed this post the first time!

Old 05-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #68
allaboutdisney1967
Mouseketeer

No thread for April 2011 yet??
Old 10-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #69
YoMickey
Mouseketeer

Just called. Was told Thanksgiving at all resorts all room types, even Vero Beach or booked. How far behind is this board for updates?
Old 10-30-2010, 07:08 AM   #70
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMickey View Post
Just called. Was told Thanksgiving at all resorts all room types, even Vero Beach or booked. How far behind is this board for updates?
The board is a compilation of reports by your fellow posters. If dates/resorts are not reported, the board doesn't reflect it.

Use the information as a guideline when MS isn't open. It can be a good indication of what is NOT going to be available, but as you found out, it is not a very good indication of what IS available.

Availability changes frequently. MS has the only real-time records.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #71
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Perhaps I've missed them, and I do know it's not a major concern yet, but at some point you'll want to add AULANI to the mix of resorts in the threads since they are now accepting reservations starting the end of August 2011. Just my humble little contribution reminder for the day. :)

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #72
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Perhaps I've missed them, and I do know it's not a major concern yet, but at some point you'll want to add AULANI to the mix of resorts in the threads since they are now accepting reservations starting the end of August 2011. Just my humble little contribution reminder for the day. :)
I don't think we'll be able to add Aulani, but I will ask. The software we use for the RRA Board was developed by the late CaskBill. Not sure we have anyone who can modify it. As WebmasterDoc would say, stay tuned.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #73
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
I don't think we'll be able to add Aulani, but I will ask. The software we use for the RRA Board was developed by the late CaskBill. Not sure we have anyone who can modify it. As WebmasterDoc would say, stay tuned.
That would be a bummer. CaskBill did some amazing stuff. Eventually Aulani and any of the other rumored projects that do make it beyond the rumor mill and come online in the coming years will certainly generate interest in this area of availability. Nothing to stress about now, but of course a bridge to be crossed later. I just was wondering. Thanks Carol.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 11-13-2010, 07:56 AM   #74
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
That would be a bummer. CaskBill did some amazing stuff. Eventually Aulani and any of the other rumored projects that do make it beyond the rumor mill and come online in the coming years will certainly generate interest in this area of availability. Nothing to stress about now, but of course a bridge to be crossed later. I just was wondering. Thanks Carol.
You're welcome. I miss Bill, too.

Even if we can't add Aulani (and I don't have a definitive answer just yet), keep in mind that this board will be obsolete when we get online booking. Call me optimistic, but I'm hoping for that in 2011. Also hoping that DVC will start with a "snapshot" of availability, perhaps loaded nightly before actual booking becomes possible. We'll see. :)

Old 01-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #75
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

I listed an unavailable date for a Boardwalk Standard 2BR for the 7th. I don't see it showing up yet. Since that time, I see that my waitlist has come through (that was the only night of my ressie that was unavailable).

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)