Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
grubens
Earning My Ears

Exclamation Disney Rewards Visa Bonus Offer

If you have a Disney Visa Rewards Card, you should be on the lookout for a special rewards offer I received today by email. Basically, it gives you 5X reward dollars for all purchases during each of July, August and September over $250 in dining, gas, airlines and groceries (if I am reading it correctly). You have to register to get the promotion, but be careful, as the email got caught in my Outlook Junk Mail folder, so I almost didn't see it.
grubens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
RachelsMommie
Bring Back the Cookie Boat!

I got the 5x offer for groceries, but every grocery store I have gone to has shown up as the "other" category on my online statement. Does anyone know why this is and if I'll get 5x rewards???

Thanks!
Kristi
RachelsMommie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
ariel7303
Earning My Ears

I was curious about that "other" category also. Anybody know?!
ariel7303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #4
pyramid2000
Member of the DD Geek invasion of CC
How exacty do you iron on a T-****?

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Disney Dream Reward Dollars® are subject to the terms and conditions of the Disney Rewards® Program.

2. In order to be eligible for this bonus rewards promotion, you must first enroll by either calling the opt-in phone number or logging on to the opt-in website using the account number and/or web enrollment code referenced above. The bonus rewards offer only applies to eligible purchases made with your Disney Rewards Visa Card from Chase for every dollar spent above the specified hurdle each calendar month from July 1 to September 30, 2008, made at retail establishments that classify their merchant locations for Visa as a type of dining establishment, a grocery store, a gas station, or an airline. All of your eligible net purchases for each of these three months will be automatically counted, as long as you have enrolled by September 30, 2008. Purchases not eligible to receive bonus rewards include, but are not limited to, purchases made at discount stores, specialty stores, superstores, and warehouse clubs. We do not determine whether merchants correctly identify and bill transactions as being made at a type of dining establishment, a grocery store, a gas station, or an airline. However, we do reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for 5x rewards regardless of how they are identified and billed by the merchant. You do not earn rewards on balance transfers, cash advances, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, money orders, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your Account. The maximum reward accumulation during this promotion is 100 bonus Disney Dream Reward Dollars, which equates to $2500 total over the specified hurdle. To be eligible for this offer, your credit card account must be open as of January 1, 2008. Only one consumer account per household is eligible to receive 5x rewards. Credit card product changes during the promotion period will forfeit this bonus rewards offer. Your credit card account must be open and not in default to receive the bonus rewards at the time the rewards are posted. Please refer to your rewards enrollment materials for information regarding program details. The bonus rewards will be reflected on your monthly credit card statement approximately 6 to 8 weeks from the month in which the transaction posts to your credit card statement and/or from the time you have enrolled in the program. This bonus rewards offer is non-transferable and applies only to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced above; eligible activity on accounts where the card is lost/stolen will be transferred to your new account and will be automatically counted. For additional questions regarding your rewards program, please call the number on the back of your credit card.

3. Offer made by Chase. Chase Bank USA, N.A. is responsible for managing the collection and posting of the Disney Dream Reward Dollars® to the Disney Rewards® account associated with your credit card account, and communicating your Disney Dream Reward Dollars® balance to Disney. Disney is responsible for fulfillment of rewards redeemed at Disney locations.

1988- 1st trip to WDW/senior class trip : 1990- Carnival cruise from Puerto Rico : 5/00- 3 night CB/4 night Magic : 9/05- 4 night PO/3 night Wonder : 1/06 - 7 night Western Magic: 7/06- 5 night RCCL Explorer (Bermuda):12/09/06- 7 night Magic-DD Geek Party: 8/17/08- 15 night EBPC Magic : 11/01/09- 4 night Wonder:: 2/20/11- 4 night Dream : 11/10/11 - 3 night Dream : 10/13/12 - 7 night Western Fantasy : 04/04/13 - 4 night Miami Wonder : 01/13/14 - 4 night Magic :
pyramid2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
RachelsMommie
Bring Back the Cookie Boat!

I think Chase is full of crap on this one.

I have made food-only purchases at Kroger, Tom Thumb, and Albertsons. All 3 show up as "other". Those are the only grocery stores I know of in my area.

Anyone seeing something show up as grocery?

The other odd thing is that these stores all show up as grocery on other credit cards...a little suspicious...
RachelsMommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #6
marybrat
DIS Veteran

I have never gotten one of these opportunities to earn extra points. Grrr! Not fair!
1990 off-site, 1996 All Star Music, 1998 All Star Music, 2001 Contemporary, 2004 Pop Century, 2007 Fort Wilderness, 2009 off-site, 2009 Pop Century, 2010 Pop Century, 2012 Disneyland, 2014 Fort Wilderness
marybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:06 AM   #7
brucechase
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelsMommie View Post

I have made food-only purchases at Kroger, Tom Thumb, and Albertsons. All 3 show up as "other". Those are the only grocery stores I know of in my area.

The other odd thing is that these stores all show up as grocery on other credit cards...a little suspicious...

It would help so much if you just called them and asked them. I did. It's the easiest way to resolve something instead of assuming the worst. When I asked about my Kroger showing up as other, the customer service representative stated that it is a grocery store on her list so it qualifies.

Also, Marybrat, I have had a Chase card since day one and have never received an offer. When this came out last month and was mentioned on this board, I called Chase and asked if I was eligible. They said they would give me the offer. All I had to do is call and ask. They can only say either yes or no. If they say no, it's no different than what you are getting now.

By the way, the customer service rep stated that there are different offers for different people. Some have a $250 hurdle to get above, some have $500, and some have other categories. She did not know how each got their limit.
brucechase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:30 AM   #8
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

I did this promo 6 mos. ago. I was very strict and only made purchases specifically stated. Even called to make sure which gas statiions gave the "gas" credit (can't go to BJ's, super Walmarts, etc). Still, I only recieved about 35% credit of the total I think I should have gotten. Even then, I had to keep calling to get the credit. I'm not participating in this promo anymore.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:42 AM   #9
FLmomof2
Originally from MA...now in SC

Same offer

I got the same offer last month but I have to spend $750 and above to qualify. I questioned Publix as showing up as other and they said it counts as a grocery store. So I saved my bill and will question it again if I don't get the credit!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:28 AM   #10
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

My amount was/is $500. I don't put groceries and such on my Visa card, but I did spend close to $2000 in airfare at just the right time, so got the extra points for that purchase.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #11
VacationKicks
Mouseketeer

I also got the offer with the $750 limit in order to qualify. I can't see spending over 750 in any one category in a month. It seems they look at your history and pick a number you usually don't reach. Doesn't make me happy.

ME, DH, DS15, DD13, DD11
VacationKicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:04 AM   #12
CGC33A
DIS Veteran

this offer was brought up here a month or so ago. I did ot get the offer, but based on a suggestion to call and ask for it, I did and was told "no". Just last week, I got a follow up letter saying that I called and requested the offer but the offers go out to "selected" card members (guess I was not one) and only them. Oh well. I use my card a lot so maybe it went to lighter users?
CGC33A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #13
MrSanderz
It all comes of liking honey so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelsMommie View Post

I shop exclusively at Albertson's and I earned an extra $58 in bonus dollars for my purchases there. I have no idea why yours show up as 'other' but call them for sure.

March 2007 7-night Eastern Caribbean Disney Magic August 2007 12-night Med RCCL Brilliance of the Seas May 2008 7-night Mexican Riviera Disney Magic

September 2009 8 nights at WDW, 4 night DCl Wonder and 2 nights at The Hard Rock Hotel--our first trip to the World!!!! June 2010 10-night Baltic Star Princess January 2011 7-night Eastern Caribbean RCCL Allure of the Seas January 2012 5-night w/2 Cabo days Carnival Spirit June 2012 12-night Med Carnival Breeze
MrSanderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #14
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

I just called Chase to ask if I was eligible and was told that it rotates through different customers every quarter and that if I did not receive the offer this time I might be on the next rotation.
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013

PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #15
disneypoor
DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey!

We have two disney visa accounts, and my DH always seems to get the offers! I'm the one that spends the most money, but he always gets the offers. Doesn't make sense to me! However, we received the same offer, but ours didn't go into effect until we had spent $1000! I didn't even bother calling to sign up for it. Shortly after that, Midwest dropped our flights and we had to spend A LOT of money on airfare for our cruise. I wish I had been thinking because airline tickets was one of our categories, and we would have earned a big chunk of reward dollars on our airline tickets alone. Live and learn! It does make me mad that they seem to want to offer rewards to those that don't use their cards as much. I charge everything on my card but always pay the balance off in full every month. I don't think they like that.

09/93 Honeymoon at WDW, 03/01 First time to WDW with kids,
06/02 WDW, 11/03 First trip to Disneyland, 05/05 BIG family trip
to WDW POR, 06/06 First cruise on the Wonder/WDW ASM,
11/06 Disneyland, 03/07 7 Night Eastern, 09/07 3 Nights on the
Wonder, 03/08 Cruise to the Hawaiian Islands, 11/08 DD on the Magic,
11/09 3 Nights on the Wonder and WDW, 07/10 Family Vacation to WDW,
02/11 3 Nights on the Dream, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder, 03/12 One Week in Maui,
07/26/12 Bay Lake Tower 1st DVC Stay

Upcoming Trips: 03/16/13 5 Night DCL Western, 07/13 Villas at Grand California
Trip Reports: 06/06 Wonder, 03/07 Eastern, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise
disneypoor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: