Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #181
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Looks like I found this thread just in time! Great so far!!!

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #182
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Whispering Canyon Cafe

Right, I'm afraid I might have to cheat a bit here as I forgot my camera - can you believe that?! I did have my camcorder though, and I have taken a few pics with that, but they're still on it.

But, we ordered exactly the same thing as last year, so I'm going to use last year's photos!

We were seated in the bit just outside the Main Dining Room, so we were kinda out of the mayhem just a bit. I would have liked to have been seated where we were last year, but never mind! Our server was Gold Rush Girl, who was really nice, so that made up for it quite a bit!

She asked us about drinks first, and I told her we were both mighty thirsty, so could we please have 2 large Sprites?! The look on the table next to us' faces when they arrived! I love stuff like this, it's what makes the restaurant fun!

Huge Sprite (Last year's photo)

We were determined to drink all of it this year - I was the only one that got 'picked on' last year, but this year we both got one. We knew what we wanted to order without even looking at the menu, so we went ahead and ordered the Skillet for both of us.

First, it comes with Mixed Greens - tossed in apple vinaigrette dressing with tomatoes, cucumbers and onions

Then you get Freshly baked cornbread

Then last but not least, the Skillet: mashed potatoes, coleslaw, cowboy beans and seasonal vegetables, smoked pork ribs, pulled pork, oven-roasted chicken, and peel'n'eat shrimp

So good! We didn't order seconds of anything, but we were stuffed and wanted to make room for dessert. The skillet is all you care to eat, so you can order seconds of anything you like. We both love the pulled pork here, and the chicken is so tender. I gave DF my rib, as he doesn't like shrimp. I'm almost ashamed to say I ate all the shrimp. I think I only ate a tiny bit of cornbread as there is just so much food! I usually hate coleslaw, but I love WCC's!

Gold Rush Girl came over and said we both looked like we knew what we wanted for dessert, but did we want to see the menu. Nope - we want S'mores Cheesecake!!

S'more Cheesecake - New York style cheesecake on a graham cracker crust topped with chocolate ganache and marshmallows

I swear this is the best cheesecake ever! We were fit to burst after the huge skillet and the ma-hoo-sive Sprite, but I still ate all of mine! I thought I was going to keel over The cheesecake is just so creamy and I love the chocolate and marshmallows! DF took a few bites and said he had to leave his. GRG was lovely and put it in a box for us to take home, and even drew us a picture of Mickey on the box DF snacked on it throughout the week!

H RATING: 9/10 (would have liked to have been in the Main DR)
E RATING: 10/10 (he said he would give it 15/10 if he could!)
WOULD WE EAT HERE AGAIN? Yes! We love the WCC!! It's definitely tradition now to go on our first night! It helps that we love the Wilderness Lodge too! We are planning on holding our Wedding Welcome Dinner here at WCC - I'll get my FBIL to order ketchup!

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Eeyore's Tailfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2009, 01:10 PM   #183
TiffinyKC
Mouseketeer
Likes Tag Fairy music (The Clash, VF, Ramones and U2 rule!)

Very cool report! I'm in.

Also...that Smores Cheesecake is the best, isn't it? Insanely good stuff.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #184
ChelleinNC
Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

So glad you came back and started your reviews!!! Loving them so far

Next Trip-???? December 2012 Planning is half the fun! That's why I do it for a living
SSR June 2010, Sweet 16 @ HHI Nov 09,July 09-BCV & DCL,Nov/Dec 08-OKW,Oct O8-HHI June 08-SSR, Dec 07- BWV, June, 07- SSR, Aug, 06- Beach Club, April 04-HHI, Oct 03- Swan/Wilderness Lodge, Dec, 02- Beach Club/Poly, June, 02- Beach Club, Dec, 01- Beach Club,-- Time Warp (Day trips only) --, Oct, 1991- Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat)/Polynesian [Honeymoon!], Summer 1990- MKCP!, 1987- Off Site, 1983- Off Site
ChelleinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:01 PM   #185
Pooh's-Honey-Pot
Disney Bride June 19th 2006

That cheesecake is worth going back to WCC for alone!

Disney trips:- 1989 - WDW Off Site; 1990 - DLR off site; 1997 - Disneyland Paris off site; 1997 -WDW off site; 2002 - WDW off site; 2003 - WDW off site; 2005 - WDW AS Movies; 2006 - WDW CBR (Disneymoon and Disney Wedding Pavillion Bride!); 2007 -DLR off site; 2008 - WDW POFQ; 2009 - DCL-A week on the Disney Magic (Western) + WDW POFQ; 2010 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne; 2010 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort / Universal RPR 2010 -Pop Century; 2012 - Fantasy cruise

Take a peek at my 2009 reviews "But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet"! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32039625
Check out my 2008 food report "Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837106
2010 food review - "The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry" http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post38731959
Pooh's-Honey-Pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #186
momofdbsdc
momofdbsdca

Awesome reviews! Looking forward to the rest!

Dakota 9-24-93
Brandon 3-31-96
Savannah 1-7-98
Dalton 7-20-99
Cameron 7-24-01
Ashleigh 9-15-03
momofdbsdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #187
msce2
DIS Veteran

WCC looks like so much fun, and the food looks great! I'm thinking I might need to change my ressie's!

Thank you for your reviews!!!

Me(31) DH(33) DS(11) DD(7) DS(4)

AKV - Jan 2011
BLT - June 2010
BCV - May 2009
BCV - May 2003
msce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #188
ChefMickey123

I brake for Mickey

Those are some of the nicest IASW photos I've ever seen. BTW, My dad and stepmom live across the pond in Kent.
ChefMickey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #189
tinkjess3
Mouseketeer

Enjoying everything so far! Makes me wish I was in Disney right now!

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/brlajxzq8r76xpxa.png[/IMG]

April 2001- offsite, July 2006- POR (Honeymoon), Oct/Nov 2007- POR(MNSSHP), May 2009- POR
tinkjess3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:41 AM   #190
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Thanks Guys! The S'more Cheesecake is the best cheesecake ever! No contest! I wish I was in Disney right now too!

Usually around this time I'd be booking ADRs Ahh... next year!!

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Old 03-02-2009, 05:44 AM   #191
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Sci-Fi Dine In Lunch

Ok, I know some people don't like Sci-Fi Dine In because it can be quite hit and miss. DF loved his burger and milkshake last year, but I didn't think my chicken burger thing was amazing. DF wanted to go back, and I did love the theming, so I agreed we'd go for lunch again. I'd heard if you stuck to the basic food, you'd be OK.

The 'Tables'

The Movie Screen from our seats

We were hitch-hikers once more, in the back of someone else's car, and we were seated pretty quickly. We had been sat with a large party, split over 2 cars with us in the back of one. Luckily though, the server served us first and made sure we were good as the other party was taking ages! We ordered 2 milkshakes first of all.

Chocolate for me

Strawberry for Els

The milkshakes are so good! Really thick too. We each got a glass of water with our milkshake without asking which was much appreciated - milkshakes always make you more thirsty right?!

For lunch, we didn't want an appetizer or dessert so we each ordered the Angus Chuck Burger - Flame-broiled beef patty topped with cheddar or swiss cheese, sauteed onions, mushrooms and crispy bacon. Served with a choice of cucumber-melon salad or french fries:

We both ordered this medium with cheddar cheese, since that's what Els had last time and he said it was really good. I heard that you can only order burgers like this if they ground them fresh on the premises. Not sure if this is true, but you know the meat is fresh! I got everything on it, and Els didn't have mushrooms.

The burger was one of the best burgers I've had in a while - it was huge, and juicy with just the tinest hint of pink in the middle. Usually this would freak me out - I'm a 'well-done, burn it' kinda person, but since the last year I've started ordering things medium-well, then medium. Not sure why I was ordering it burnt now! Of course, you can order to your taste.

I was so full after it! I think we rolled out!

H RATING: 8/10
E RATING: 8/10
WOULD WE EAT HERE AGAIN? Yes, I'd like to take my parents there for a burger - I think they'd really like it, the theming is so cute and nothing like we have in the UK! Els loves here too - when I asked for his rating he said it was a bit dark and hard to see your food, which it is, but I think that's the point of the place Don't order something with an ingredient you don't like and think you can pick it out! Also stick to burgers and shakes and don't go for the steaks and pastas - they do awesome burgers. I enjoyed it much more the 2nd time around.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #193
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Hi Nicki!!

Oh my gosh! Look at those reviews!! I've just realised that I've missed out on a whole boatload of your wonderful live reviews!! Off to catch up!!

Sci-Fi's burgers are really good, as are the milkshakes! We would definitely go back!

Old 03-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #194
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

I loved the burgers at Sci-Fi! I could go for one right now!! Oh, I saw your Save the Dates on your pj. They are SO great!!!! You are ridiculously creative!

KristinAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #195
gardengirl628
I'm sorry I bit you....and pulled your hair....and punched you in the face.

can't wait to try the burgers and onion rings at sci-fi! Thanks for the pictures.

Dana
WDW-offsite 1977, 1984; Dixie Landings November 1998; CSR June 2007; AKL November/December 2009; BWV/Western Magic/BLT February 2011; BCV July 2011; BLT/3 day Dream October 2012; HHI April 2013; BW August 2013
gardengirl628 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: