Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #16
Everything Eeyore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobofraggle View Post
Yes, sorry I got your post content mixed up with that of OP.

Good luck with your quest. Seriously, though, I don't get why it is more handy - I know it's your 'personal preference' and you're free to go whichever way you want with this - than to open a cashback credit card for free (in fact, for profit) and to open a citibank dollar account (for spending money) for free?

I don't mean this question in an antagonistic way - I'm genuinely curious. My family is part based in UK, part in US, I have family members and friends who work in banking in both countries. I've considered most options at one time or another and this is the setup we use. Since I mentioned it above and you then said your personal preference is something else, I wondered what I might be missing out on.
Ideally I wanted one account that would serve both DVC payments and hold dollars. I know I can open up a Citibank dollar account for free but for now would rather have just the one account to manage. Right now for us, the direct debit facility is more important than having an account to hold our spending money as we won't be going to the states for a while.

I'm already paying off my dues using a credit card. Yes, I don't get cashback (my card has other incentives) but the point for us is that even if I did use a cashback card, it would still mean paying off the card before any interest is accrued (the important part for us) and this is why I would prefer to pay my dues monthly. If DVC took payments by credit card monthly then it wouldn't be so much of a problem.

Don't think you're missing out on anything lol, it would just be easier for us this way financially
Old 08-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #17
gobofraggle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everything Eeyore View Post
I'm already paying off my dues using a credit card. Yes, I don't get cashback (my card has other incentives) but the point for us is that even if I did use a cashback card, it would still mean paying off the card before any interest is accrued (the important part for us) and this is why I would prefer to pay my dues monthly. If DVC took payments by credit card monthly then it wouldn't be so much of a problem...
Ok, I see... that makes sense. I guess that the problem would be solved if you could have a cushion of 1 years dues - so that it would be like paying annually in arrears rather than in advance... and then rebuilding cushion for end of the next year.
Maybe easier said than done.
Anyway, good luck with it!

gobofraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2008, 01:20 PM   #18
jdvm
Purple Van Driver

DISboards Approved Advertiser

I live in Celebration and use the Bank of America branch here. (I'm American but was based in London for 15 years). The bank manager there, Jason Carpenter, is great to work with and works with tons of Brits. I'd suggest stopping by Celebration and checking them out.

John

www.ownerslocker.com
the purple place for storing your vacation stuff
jdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #19
Everything Eeyore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdvm View Post
I live in Celebration and use the Bank of America branch here. (I'm American but was based in London for 15 years). The bank manager there, Jason Carpenter, is great to work with and works with tons of Brits. I'd suggest stopping by Celebration and checking them out.

John
Thanks for the info

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: