Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #16
Master_Gracey
Mouseketeer

Here are a few more articles to add to the mix. One including a rare site, Cinderella Castle and The Adventurers Club sharing the same page! Another one describing not only the clubs, but the MERCHANDISE LOCATIONS and RESTAURANTS Pleasure Island once held. If anyone knows why they were closed please enlighten, for if Disney wants stores and restaurants on Pleasure Island, just utilize their existing space and leave our clubs (particularly the Adventurers Club) alone!

Walt Disney World Vacations Magazine

Good Housekeeping- 20th Anniversary Guide to WDW

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Last edited by Master_Gracey; 08-22-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Master_Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:28 AM   #17
Master_Gracey
Mouseketeer

Here is another Disney News article describing the amazing “New Years Eve Every Night” celebration, and the first Pleasure Island Cast Photo.

Disney News- Summer 1989

Pleasure Island Cast Photo

With the one month mark approaching, it is now the time to fight hardest! Do not give up hope Adventurers; we will save our beloved Club somehow.

KUNGALOOSH!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2008, 08:01 AM   #18
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

The sad thing is, reading over these reports (awesome find, BTW, Master Gracey), if they did it right again--with the live bands, and the diverse clubs each with a unique theme, and the fireworks, and "Forbidden Disney" shows mixed in with the improv at CW--the whole Island would be a hit again.

When things decline by degrees, to use Kevin Yee's term, you don't realize how far they've actually sunk.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:32 PM   #19
Master_Gracey
Mouseketeer

Thank you Jason71, I'm glad you enjoyed my findings. It is very true that Disney let something amazing slip farthur and farther into decay as new management believed that they had to shift their focus from appeasing a wide and varied demographic, to appeasing little pirates and little princesses. Anyway, I am still scanning at least one last article that I found in the vaults, but until then, I was perusing Youtube today and came upon an amazing video. It shows what has to be the most magical moment that I have ever seen come out of any Disney park, and of all places it is at the Adventurers Club!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oX7-W0vSPA

We have less than a month, but there is still time to let Disney know that adults deserve Magical Moments while visiting Walt Disney World and the best place for us is at The Adventurers Club!

KUNGALOOSH!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #20
APB513
Wishing I was back in my Laughing Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWguru View Post
And did anyone else notice one of the actors in the AC photo is STILL in the cast today (the guy on the left)!?! He was playing Otis last time we were there iirc.
I noticed that too!!! He was Emil Bleehall the night we went. He and everyone else in the cast were so great.

It was our first visit to the Adventurer's Club. And unless Disney has a change of heart, it will be our last
1970-1980 many trips to DL, 5/1986 (offsite - MK), 12/2001 (offsite & MVMCP), 12/2002 (DLR & Paradise Pier), 9/2006 (Pop & MNSSHP, Disney Magic, AKL ), 11/2007 (Pop & MNSSHP), 12/2007 (DTD & MVMCP), 8/2008 (Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, Pop & Windsor Hills), 5/2009 (Bday Solo Trip - POFQ), 12/2009 (Loew's Portofino Bay & Pop w/FD), 8/2011 (Pop w/FD, Disney Dream & Loew's Portofino Bay), 5/2012 Disney's Travel Agent EP, Bday & Mother's Day AND Kyle starts DCP! - CSR & Contemporary, 12/2012 All Star Sports and Loew's Hard Rock Hotel, 1/2013 DLR - Disney's Travel Agent EP - Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel, 10/2013 Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, ASMo, Pop and CSR & MNSSHP - Homebased Travel Agent Forum, 12/2014 - All Star Sports & MVMCP

Angela

Memberships: D23, Mickey Moms Club and WDW Commando Club (member #113)
APB513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #21
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Gracey View Post
I was perusing Youtube today and came upon an amazing video. It shows what has to be the most magical moment that I have ever seen come out of any Disney park, and of all places it is at the Adventurers Club!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oX7-W0vSPA
I was there on that night sitting behind the guy taking the video. So glad I got to see the Adventurers Club before it goes the way of Mr. Toads Wild Ride (of course I can go to Dinseyland to ride that).
Old 08-31-2008, 08:11 AM   #22
Scurvy
Kungaloosh!

Here's another magical Adventurers Club moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY1zY7FQgIE

This one's from Friday night, and I don't think there was a dry eye in the house when it was finished. What you can't really tell from the video is that they got a standing ovation afterward - the whole crowd was standing and clapping more than I've ever seen.

I'm at WDW now for my last few nights at the Club and the cast is better than they've ever been. I've had the best time the last couple of nights, but of course it's bittersweet because I know once I leave on Tuesday I won't be back again. I'm so glad I was at the Club for that moment, though. It starts out so silly but it really was the most touching moment I've ever seen there.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:28 AM   #23
Disneydonnam
DIS VETERAN

WOW what an AWESOME thread. I LOVED reading all your posts on this.
Disneydonnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:48 AM   #24
BarleyJack
And a pirin tablet? Why? Are you afraid of my Guatemalan-ness?

Sadly we've never been to the AC, but will be there the week before its scheduled closing and plan to go. My brothers visit WDW a lot more frequently than I get to, and this is a must do for them so I signed the petitions.

Love the clip of Christian helping with the Lion's Den song...hysterical!

Here's to hoping our first trip there won't be our last!
1990-Disneyland, offsite
2008 (jan)-WDW, POP/POR split stay
2009 (september)-WDW CBR -Food and Wine/Halloween
2009 (september)-WDW Poly=Food and Wine/Halloween
2010-Carnival Legend
2011-Carnival Glory
2012: Long weekend in NYC, Labor Day in Las Vegas
2013: Art of Animation Cars Suite

We've been Boo'd by the food review Queen!
BarleyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:03 AM   #25
APB513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurvy View Post

This one's from Friday night, and I don't think there was a dry eye in the house when it was finished. What you can't really tell from the video is that they got a standing ovation afterward - the whole crowd was standing and clapping more than I've ever seen.

I'm at WDW now for my last few nights at the Club and the cast is better than they've ever been. I've had the best time the last couple of nights, but of course it's bittersweet because I know once I leave on Tuesday I won't be back again. I'm so glad I was at the Club for that moment, though. It starts out so silly but it really was the most touching moment I've ever seen there.
Thanks for sharing this video Scurvy. Please have a Kungaloosh for me!
1970-1980 many trips to DL, 5/1986 (offsite - MK), 12/2001 (offsite & MVMCP), 12/2002 (DLR & Paradise Pier), 9/2006 (Pop & MNSSHP, Disney Magic, AKL ), 11/2007 (Pop & MNSSHP), 12/2007 (DTD & MVMCP), 8/2008 (Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, Pop & Windsor Hills), 5/2009 (Bday Solo Trip - POFQ), 12/2009 (Loew's Portofino Bay & Pop w/FD), 8/2011 (Pop w/FD, Disney Dream & Loew's Portofino Bay), 5/2012 Disney's Travel Agent EP, Bday & Mother's Day AND Kyle starts DCP! - CSR & Contemporary, 12/2012 All Star Sports and Loew's Hard Rock Hotel, 1/2013 DLR - Disney's Travel Agent EP - Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel, 10/2013 Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, ASMo, Pop and CSR & MNSSHP - Homebased Travel Agent Forum, 12/2014 - All Star Sports & MVMCP

Angela

Old 08-31-2008, 10:18 AM   #26
BillSears
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That was wonderful!!!! Thank you for posting.
CR-77, Travelodge(DTD)-81, Poly-92, SOG-96, Offsite-97, ASMu-98, POR-03, Vistana Resort-04, WL-Sept 2006! CSR-December 2006, Pop-May 2007(first solo trip!), CSR-Sept 2007(Solo trip), and offsite-May-2008 visited Universal, SeaWorld, KSC and a couple of days at WDW. WL-March 2009 I turned 50 in WDW! May-10 Pop, Oct 2010- Pop for first F&W, Dec 2010-Pop for Christmas stuff, May 2011-POFQ. Pop Aug -14, Pop Sept-14, Pop Dec-14 and Pop May-15! Trip report from 1997:http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/trip....97/sears97.htm
BillSears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:22 PM   #27
BarleyJack
And a pirin tablet? Why? Are you afraid of my Guatemalan-ness?

this thread deserves a good cause bump
1990-Disneyland, offsite
2008 (jan)-WDW, POP/POR split stay
2009 (september)-WDW CBR -Food and Wine/Halloween
2009 (september)-WDW Poly=Food and Wine/Halloween
2010-Carnival Legend
2011-Carnival Glory
2012: Long weekend in NYC, Labor Day in Las Vegas
2013: Art of Animation Cars Suite

We've been Boo'd by the food review Queen!
BarleyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:22 PM   #28
WDW_Fanatic
Earning My Ears

Quote:

After spending everyday this week at the AC, this was my final Hoopla! I couldn't have asked for a better end to my time at the AC. This truly exhibits the magic that permeates every room, nook, and cranny of this building.

I don't know if any of the cast frequent this board, but I sincerely thank them for all the hard work they do to make this club as wonderful as it is. I only began visiting last January, and I know that I will forever cherish and remember the 9 fantastic nights I was able to spend here!

I really hope that Disney either changes their mind about this or reopens the club at a new location. This is a true Disney gem that will be sorely missed! At least I know that the adventure will live on in our hearts, minds, and memories!

Kungaloosh everyone!
WDW_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #29
APB513

Gotta love technology!!

This video was taken the night we were at the Adventurer's Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWalN8ugPPo

I was searching YouTube and happened to find it.

My kids were excited when I showed it to them. This is a GREAT souvenir!

Angela

Old 09-09-2008, 05:45 PM   #30
Master_Gracey
Mouseketeer

More Disney News scans, this 1988 article featuring the plans for the up and coming "revolutionary concept in Disney entertainment" Pleasure Island!

Disney News: Summer 1988

Sigh, if only costs were not cut in the building of Pleasure Island, the family aspect of the Island wasn't lost in translation, and turnstiles were not removed, then we probably would not be in the mess we have today. Interesting news to tell as well, two of my friends, who work in Disney's Entertainment Main Gate Office, have mentioned, that Disney has concerns about Universal opening the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction and is about to launch a huge marketing campaign because of it. Also, an Imagineer who originally designed the Adventurers Club has put in a personal request to redesign it for the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the plans are still on the table. So Adventurers, there is still hope, and the fight is far from over. Even after Sept 27th, we must keep flooding executive offices with letters, e-mails, phone calls, ect. so they will see that Adventure must continue, we are not going to disappear, and give the green light to the rebuilding of our beloved Adventurers Club. Meanwhile, attend the Adventurers Club and purchase a Kungaloosh or two in an Arnie & Claude glass and toast to the possibility that we will see out beloved Club rise again! Till next time Adventurers:

KUNGALOOSH!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: