Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #76
princessjv
DIS Veteran

Love the whole choice thing at Cosmic Rays, but what I don't like is having to stand in line for things for my dh and myself. I really never realized that you could get all of the kids stuff in all lines. Thanks for the 411.

Your dh wouldn't tell a joke on your behalf, would he? No way!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #77
carrieannie
DIS Veteran

Loved the update Katt!! I totally understand what you are saying about Sara and Josh! I have (almost) the same issue with Sam and Ben at the parks. Sam has Aspergers and we go through some of the same issues.
I love Krispy Kremes!!! we dont have our area...a local grocery store used to carry them. but they dont anymore..
I wonder what the joke was?

Is this update from June trip or the do over trip? never mind...you mentioned you lost your pictures from the memory card...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2008, 06:57 AM   #78
kykatt2
Karaoke Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieannie View Post
Loved the update Katt!! I totally understand what you are saying about Sara and Josh! I have (almost) the same issue with Sam and Ben at the parks. Sam has Aspergers and we go through some of the same issues.
I love Krispy Kremes!!! we dont have our area...a local grocery store used to carry them. but they dont anymore..
I wonder what the joke was?

Is this update from June trip or the do over trip? never mind...you mentioned you lost your pictures from the memory card...
I am ready to post the "Continuation" but I will not till I see some of the usual Readers. I Promise.. It's a good one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-13-2008, 07:03 AM   #79
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

I read yesterday and I swear I posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykatt2 View Post
We begin our DDP experience today. We decided to give Dining on Disney Property a try this year. Usually we eat 1 maybe 2 meals on site and they have always been a character Meal.
Do you not usually stay on site?

Quote:
For what ever reason NO BODY wanted to get up early today so we slept in till 7:30, and I got to start out my Disney Vacation the way it should be... 2 French Krullers and large Coffee “light” from Dunkin Doughnuts YUM-YUM.. I absolutely HATE Krispy Kreme (and I have one less than 3 miles from my house)I can drive right past that “HOT” sign and Yawn.
So I am thinking to myself... “SELF... It’s going to be a GREAT DAY.. And a GREAT WEEK.
ITA about DD vs. KK. KK - BLECH!

Quote:
Pssst... also on Rainy Florida Afternoons... IF they have any ... Disney Chacters have been known to “Pop” in to get out of the rain . Partucularly Alice in Wonderland Characters as the “Mad Hatter” Ride is very close by.We did not see any today but We have caught them in years past.
Thanks for the tip

Quote:
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]
After we clean up and change clothes... we get in the car and drive to the “Ft. Wilderness... AREA... A VERY LARGE AREA... we miss a turn but get to the “OUTPOST”...
OUT POST...: WTH... WHY CAN’T WE DRIVE TO THE PLACE ???.. . I have to catch a BUS that takes me to the restaurant ???... Oh it’s not even that simple... This Bus... has to stop along the way as it cuts through the Campsites and Cabins... AND there is a BAD ROUTE... and A WORSE ROUTE. I think Purple was the Longest.... Orange is not as bad.. Yellow looks about the same as Orange.. at least on Paper.
Isn't that bus system crazy. Last year we took the boat from MK, but had to take a bus from Trails End to the campfire. Took forever.

Quote:
Good thing I was a Girl Scout and I was raised up in the Hills and Holler’s of Kentucky... Just in case the Bus Driver Got Lost... ( hey... I have read TR’s that said they did or they at least forgot where they were supposed to be going. ) I started making landmark notes... Just in case the driver is a rookie.. I WILL FIND MY WAY BACK TO THE CAR..
Really wish he had slowed down so I could have marked them trees Better... Hope that Gum Holds.

Quote:
Scott decides to Text a Joke... and the Joke is on Me... One that May just Live .....forever.....

To be Continued......

Quote:
I am ready to post the "Continuation" but I will not till I see some of the usual Readers. I Promise.. It's a good one.
I am here, I have read, I have commented...you may continue now

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 08-13-2008, 08:05 AM   #80
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

What?! Waiting on slow pokes? No way! You got the most loyal people here and we should be rewarded, don't you think?

Old 08-13-2008, 08:16 AM   #81
kykatt2
Karaoke Queen

Janet: .. We always stay ON-Site.. but we always rent a car.. so we eat most meals off-site.. Subway, Ci-Ci's, McDonalds , Chevy's, Steak and Shake ( or something like that) Golden Corral.

Dawn:....Love ya....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #82
HomeschoolMama

Whatev. I don't know what that face is all about.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:10 AM   #83
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

Quote:
Hello Everyone.. Welcome to a "Vacation DO-OVER".
I'm so excited to be here!

Quote:
Sara is Nine But will turn 10 in a few short days .. HOWEVER.. That is just her biological age..
She is beautiful and not to make you feel any more nervous... I thought she was an adult!

Quote:
What a cutie. I bet he would just love the train tour.

Quote:
We are about to embark on an adventure together that has more twists and drops than “Space Mountain” ( Which BTW is my Favorite ride)
This my Friend is a little TR I like to Call... "Feasts, Floods.... Do-Over's.... Frogs and Sobriety Checks"
So Fasten your Seat Belts...” It’s gonna get Bumpy”.[/FONT][/COLOR]
I hate Space Mountain. I seriously thought I had whiplash after riding it. But I'll be sure to buckle up before continuing with the report.

Quote:
[FONT="Verdana"]
Today started out like our NORMAL Disney Vacations. We packed up the van and drove to the airport. We are flying for free and I got a Kicking Deal on my car.. 8 days ...Full size.. Total with all the fees and taxes..$130.00 .
Now we had a small issue getting our tickets/boarding pass when we got there. You See Delta had completely eliminated our flights ( and actually kept changing the "TIMES" for about 3 weeks)to and from Florida and we either had to catch a 6:00 am flight.. or a 2:00 flight, GOING TO FLA.. or Leave FLA at 6:30am or Get back home at 10:00pm.( which actually became midnight.. but we’ll go there later.)
This is why we are driving next time. I won our last trip and DH is convinced that if you win they automatically put you on some kind of list so they know that everyone who pays gets better service.

Quote:
NOW… HOW DO WE START THIS THING ??
It's a good thing you opened the owner's manual. I'm sure you won't be the last to need it.

Quote:
Sara is DYING to post so I'll let her tell you

hi, I had a great birthday I got a i-pod,and a ipod dock to help wake me up for school, I got two webkinz the whimsy dragon and the American cocker, and also I got a Madam Alexandra .This was a wonderful birthday I got almost everything I wanted and I was wondering if me and one of your daughters would want to play on webkinz with me!!!!
Sara, we love Webkinz in our house. I'm glad you got the Whimsy Dragon. They retired it so quickly that not very many people got it. One of my good disboard friends had sent me one for an early birthday present just before we realized that they weren't going to be available anymore. PM me your Webkinz ID and I'll send you a belated birthday present.

Quote:
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]
OUT POST...: WTH... WHY CAN’T WE DRIVE TO THE PLACE ???.. . I have to catch a BUS that takes me to the restaurant ???...
That place just seems so confusing to me. It took us forever to get back from HDDR.

Quote:
Scott decides to Text a Joke... and the Joke is on Me... One that May just Live .....forever.....

To be Continued......
I can't wait to hear about the joke. I really should be doing laundry and getting ready for tomorrow's yard sale but I'm having dis-withdrawals that need to be taken car of... NOW!
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #84
snowbell
DIS Veteran

I may have to try Cosmic Rays in November. My DBF and I aways just eat at Pinnochio or get a turkey leg (I love them turkey legs)...
so was your dinner worth it with the amount of bus stops you had to make?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #85
kykatt2
Karaoke Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbell View Post
I may have to try Cosmic Rays in November. My DBF and I aways just eat at Pinnochio or get a turkey leg (I love them turkey legs)...
so was your dinner worth it with the amount of bus stops you had to make?
Probably will not go back... But who knows.. IF we do the DDP again I might give it another try. MAYBE they were just having an off day. BUT THAT BUS RIDE Adds so much more time. We drove a car TO the OUTPOST... if we relyed on Disney TRansportation... for everything... I would be getting to "Trails End"... Right about..... NOW
Seriously though... I think you will like Cosmic Ray's. Something for evreyone there.
And on Dis TRansport.....
"Catch a Bus, Boat, Monorail, Then something else... MAYBE SOMETHING ELSE AGAIN... Hopefully Nothing ELSE.... and get to your Dinner Ressie.
If you do not leave an hour and a Half Early you are late... and STILL COULD BE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #86
kykatt2
Karaoke Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parla View Post
I'm so excited to be here!

She is beautiful and not to make you feel any more nervous... I thought she was an adult!
Ding Ding Ding... WE HAVE A WINNER.. for saying the Magic Word of the Thread... 20 Focker Points for ya... Uh But I have to Deduct 50 for saying Sara is an adult...

Just Kidding... You only owe me 10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-13-2008, 10:31 AM   #87
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

Quote:
Ding Ding Ding... WE HAVE A WINNER.. for saying the Magic Word of the Thread... 20 Focker Points for ya... Uh But I have to Deduct 50 for saying Sara is an adult...

Just Kidding... You only owe me 10
Cool, I've never won any points before. As a result I will have to owe the 10 until I earn some more.
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:32 AM   #88
HomeschoolMama

Okay... That's two more people! Bring on the new update!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #89
kykatt2
Karaoke Queen

Day 2 Part Deux

HALT... IF YOU HAVE NOT READ PART 1 OF DAY 2.. PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER TILL YOU HAVE...
REMINDER.. Malfunctioning Camera.. While I got 2 shots outside the door .. there is no photo's or video.. of what happened .. on this fateful day in June 2008
When I last left off, Scott the kids and I were heading into “Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor”.

Have you ever participated in any way on the “Laugh Floor”? Last year Scott was picked out of the audience to do a bit with the “two-headed” monster.. the monster stating that he indeed knew the answer’s to EVERYTHING. When they pan around the audience and bring people up on the screen or call on individuals, they are always all around my family and as I stated have picked us once… UNTIL TODAY….

I had sent in a “Text-Joke” to the floor and Sarabeth did as well. Scott I guess was feeling left out so he quickly typed in something and sent it…

As the show began all was usual “Roz tells you to hurry along, and fill in all the spots… That Roz has such a way with words,…. much like me…

Now… you might have wondered IF the people in the audience that were “plants” by the “Cast Members”.. or if those chosen by the “Monsters or Cast Members” to “help-out” have been given the answers they want. The answer is NO. And definitely not today.

Maybe it was the lateness of the day.. Or ,that Scott’s “Joke” intrigued the “Cast Members” enough they thought they would try it.

BEFORE the “regular” part of the “show” began … Mike Wizowsky (“That Mike with 1 eye”) came out and called for Roz saying he had a “SURPRISE” for her. She was her usual self and wanted Mike to begin the show. So Mike told a joke… it was mine… “What has 2 eyes, beautiful skin and is in a Good Mood”?
Roz… When Mike “files his paperwork on time”… or actually what Mike said was…” Me … uh … when I file my paperwork on time … ha-ha…” Mike chuckled nervously.
Roz just stares.. “Roz puts the newspaper back in front of her face and says… “ Flattery Wizowsky.. ?.. Let me guess.. your paperwork is late again…You had better get to filling that can.”

Mike starts the usual show.. and all is normal .. picking people out of the audience and the meters in the can rises. Mike then introduces his nephew,, and he comes out and begins his jokes. Along the way he says.. Here’s a joke from Scott from Roanoke, Virginia… Scott says…. “HELP… I AM MARRIED TO ROZ’S HUMAN SISTER”

Roz comes up on the screen and the nephew says ” Scott .. where are you” Scott raises his hand.. and a floor Cast Member comes over with a mic. NOW… right now, I am starting to laugh. and I am also getting mad. You see.. I CAN do a fair imitation of Roz’s voice. So I am hoping that Scott is talking bout my voice and not ANYTHING ELSE. Mike begins to talk and asks my name… and SOMEHOW.. my crazy wit came out…

"Well my human name is Kathy… but I used to be called Rozie … and here are my kids… Rhonda and Ralph and you know my husband." Roz says… “I am not convinced that you are my sister… where’s the proof”? So I begin to speak using my Roz accent. It must have been good.. Mike was looking scared and made the comment… “Yeeeszh.. there are two of you, the world is truly a scary place.. I mean no place is safe"… Roz interrupts… “ That’s right Wizowsky .. no matter where you are I’m watching Wizowsky.. always watching… right sis…?” So I said "That’s right Wizowsky.. I’m watching, always watching”

The Floor Cast Member then takes back the mic and says “Ladies and gentlemen.. a round of applause is in order here for Roz’s sister.”

Then...the levels in the can rise to the top. Roz says her usual closing stuff… but instead of giving the credit to Mike (which she never does) or to a male audience member that get picked on.. The camera picks up my image… and she says "My Sister.. Kathy.. I mean Rozie. "

So Bear this in Mind... "Fockers.. Ddad..."Dis"-Board Peeps

ALWAYS WATCHING !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by kykatt2; 08-13-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #90
HomeschoolMama

Well! It's about time! I've been waiting all morning!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: