Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #31
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykatt2 View Post
Sadly, probably not

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 08-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #32
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

I would put her at 9 or 10, just because B's 11 and SB looks younger than B.
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2008, 06:01 AM   #33
kykatt2
Karaoke Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsjodi View Post
That sounds good to me!
O.K. I went to TBFM ( The Bank of Focker Money) and made a withdrawl..
and put a "hold" on Janet's Assetts

Quote:

I played clarinet at church when we lived in Virginia (Springfield) and also for 4 years in college at Miami (Ohio). Another thing we have in common, Katt. Are you sure we're not related??
Starting to wonder

Quote:

I don't think she looks 16, but she doesn't look 9 in those photos either! But I agree that she is beautiful, Katt!
O.K... not 9 but not 16 either... that's progress
and while I was at TBFM
I got 10 points for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
I would put her at 9 or 10, just because B's 11 and SB looks younger than B.

Trip Update coming later today

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #34
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

NOT first.

Or second.

Third.

Fourth.

Fifth.

You get the picture. Sorry. 'Bout that.

But - I'm HERE! Great intro - I'll be back for more!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 08-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #35
snowbell
DIS Veteran

I am on board for this trip report.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #36
kykatt2
Karaoke Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
NOT first.

Or second.

Third.

Fourth.

Fifth.

You get the picture. Sorry. 'Bout that.

But - I'm HERE! Great intro - I'll be back for more!
It O.K. V. I am just happy that you are here See... I'm Dancing
I know you are busy.. come by when you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbell View Post
I am on board for this trip report.

Hi Snowbell... Welcome to what I hope will be a silly TR for you to read.
Some of it was but our "Do-Over in July" was GREAT AND CRAZY.
Thanks for coming by.
Katt:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #37
kykatt2
Karaoke Queen

Day 1 Planes, Breakdowns and Cars

Disney World June 17-25

Today started out like our NORMAL Disney Vacations. We packed up the van and drove to the airport. We are flying for free and I got a Kicking Deal on my car.. 8 days ...Full size.. Total with all the fees and taxes..$130.00 .
Now we had a small issue getting our tickets/boarding pass when we got there. You See Delta had completely eliminated our flights ( and actually kept changing the "TIMES" for about 3 weeks)to and from Florida and we either had to catch a 6:00 am flight.. or a 2:00 flight, GOING TO FLA.. or Leave FLA at 6:30am or Get back home at 10:00pm.( which actually became midnight.. but we’ll go there later.)

So we chose the 2:00 flight out.. but Delta did not change our info in the computer..and .... they were trying to tell us we missed our flight.
“Now lady.. HOW DO I MISS A FLIGHT THAT YOU CANCELED ??”
So we begin to check our luggage (which you are only allowed 1 free now.. but when we purchased our tickets in March.. that was not a problem.) and the lady got snippy with us because Sara's extra bag that she was using as carry-on was just BARELY small enough and she wanted to check it and charge me. (I later found out that I was not held to this new excess baggage rule)We insisted that it WAS GOING WITH US.

So we take off. Beautiful weather.. blue skies.. flying with and above the clouds..
THEN WE LAND IN FLORIDA a.k.a. THE SUNSHINE STATE..
Yeah Right.. not this year… Our last 4 years we had HOT HOT Dry Weather. I did not know this was not normal.

We go to “Thrifty” to pick up our car .. Full-Size “Charger” or equivalent. Scott comes out with our keys and rental agreement and we head to our Car.. Spot # 15.. “Uh.. this is NOT a “Charger” and it’s an “economy”.. we are NOT FITTING IN THAT. So back to the counter Scott goes and I stay at spot#15 with the kids and suitcases. He comes back out again… and we head out for Spot # 8 … “Uh.. that’s a TRUCK” .
Now… all this time I see what looks like the ONLY CHARGER on the lot.. and IT’S RED.. So I assume that is OUR CAR this WHOLE TIME. SO I tell Scott “I see a Charger over there… Spot # 13.”
FINALLY we get the car.. and load the suitcases..

NOW… HOW DO WE START THIS THING ??

We have A “THING” that looks like a “half-key” and what looks to us like a door opener, Security Thingie. We try and try the “KEY” and we cannot find ANYWHERE IT FITS TO START THIS CAR .
SO we begin to LOOK FOR THE MANUAL.. Because MAYBE it will tell us HOW TO START THIS CAR. !! How Embarrassing. HAS ANYBODY EVER.. NEEDED a MANUAL to START A CAR...
No...I did not think so.
So we dig that thing out tear off the plastic.. ( because this is a new CAR .. 85 miles on it) and hunt around .. and .. OH… Here’s the key and the ignition… it’s this “Door Locker, Security Thingie and that rectangular hole over there.

If the "Fockers" WILL PLEASE .. GET OFF THE FLOOR.. and STOP LAUGHING SO HARD... AND LOUD... I'll KEEP GOING..... Thank You.

So feeling really stupid we speed away to POP Century and check in.

They have to change our room because we had requested 1st or 2nd floor because of Joshua. Wheel our selves over to our room.. NO A/C.. Scott calls the desk and they move us to another room.

It’s hot but A/C does work.. so we leave and head out to MK…

This place is dead for what we usually see .. We bolt to Space Mountain… and zip through the line.. get to the Departure area.. “RIDE BREAKS DOWN.”

Right now I am thinking.. we are NOT having a Good day.

We finally ride Space Mountain.. and head over to The Haunted Mansion.. Get to the “Doom Buggy Room” .. they have stopped..
WTHeck.. AGAIN.. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.
This ride stops a total of 4 times.. 3 while we are IN the Doom Buggy..and the LONGEST lasted 23 minutes .....while we are in the “Cemetery”. .( Now I know how they got their 999 Haunts.. and I am about to be 1000) Sarabeth’s car was right in front of a Ghost that “Pop’s-Up” every 25 seconds or so.. and EVERY TIME it jumps up and shrieks.. she screams.

Next on our list to ride was Splash Mountain… IT was down.. ( are you seeing a pattern.. I am ... it was the THEME FOR THE REST OF MY WEEK.) Not wanting to wait this time we head to BTMRR..
It’s Running… We slam through that line and decide to ride POTC on our way out…
OH It’s DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE .. it will be up Thursday… ( But.. today is Tuesday)
We catch the Bus and head back to the room so I can unpack and get ready for tomorrow.

So concludes day one in Walt Disney World. Not the Best.. BUT WE ARE HERE.. Tomorrow will be a GREAT DAY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by kykatt2; 08-07-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:55 PM   #38
ncsjodi
GO COLTS!!!!

Am I first?????

Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #39
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Today started out like our NORMAL Disney Vacations. We packed up the van and drove to the airport. We are flying for free and I got a Kicking Deal on my car.. 8 days ...Full size.. Total with all the fees and taxes..$130.00 .
Great deal

Quote:
So we chose the 2:00 flight out.. but Delta did not change our info in the computer..and .... they were trying to tell us we missed our flight.
“Now lady.. HOW DO I MISS A FLIGHT THAT YOU CANCELED ??”
So we begin to check our luggage (which you are only allowed 1 free now.. but when we purchased our tickets in March.. that was not a problem.) and the lady got snippy with us because Sara's extra bag that she was using as carry-on was just BARELY small enough and she wanted to check it and charge me. (I later found out that I was not held to this new excess baggage rule)We insisted that it WAS GOING WITH US.

Quote:
THEN WE LAND IN FLORIDA a.k.a. THE SUNSHINE STATE..
SOunds great!

Quote:
NOW… HOW DO WE START THIS THING ??

We have A “THING” that looks like a “half-key” and what looks to us like a door opener, Security Thingie. We try and try the “KEY” and we cannot find ANYWHERE IT FITS TO START THIS CAR .
SO we begin to LOOK FOR THE MANUAL.. Because MAYBE it will tell us HOW TO START THIS CAR. !! How Embarrassing. HAS ANYBODY EVER.. NEEDED a MANUAL to START A CAR...
No...I did not think so.
So we dig that thing out tear off the plastic.. ( because this is a new CAR .. 85 miles on it) and hunt around .. and .. OH… Here’s the key and the ignition… it’s this “Door Locker, Security Thingie and that rectangular hole over there.

If the "Fockers WILL PLEASE .. GET OFF THE FLOOR.. and STOP LAUGHING SO HARD... AND LOUD... I'll KEEP GOING..... Thank You.
Nope, sorry no can do

Quote:
we speed away to POP Century and check in.

Quote:
This place is dead for what we usually see .. We bolt to Space Mountain… and zip through the line.. get to the Departure area.. “RIDE BREAKS DOWN.”

Doh
Quote:
and head over to The Haunted Mansion.. Get to the “Doom Buggy Room” .. they have stopped..
WTHeck.. AGAIN.. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.
This ride stops a total of 4 times.. 3 while we are IN the Doom Buggy..and the LONGEST lasted 23 minutes .....while we are in the “Cemetery”. .( Now I know how they got their 999 Haunts.. and I am about to be 1000) Sarabeth’s car was right in front of a Ghost that “Pop’s-Up” every 25 seconds or so.. and EVERY TIME it jumps up and shrieks.. she screams.
Doh

Quote:
We catch the Bus and head back to the room so I can unpack and get ready for tomorrow.

So concludes day one in Walt Disney World. Not the Best.. BUT WE ARE HERE.. Tomorrow will be a GREAT DAY.

I'm first again - Edited to say nope...Jodi is!

Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #40
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Am I first?????
Shoot, I got logged off or I would have been first

Old 08-07-2008, 02:05 PM   #41
kykatt2
Karaoke Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Shoot, I got logged off or I would have been first
Question here being... Did Jodi READ or just jump in ??
WHO IS REALLY FIRST ??

I guess Scott and I need newer Cars..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-07-2008, 02:11 PM   #42
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Great intro Katt, I agree Sara does look older than 9 but that's mainly *** (why is the shortened version of because sensored?) Ellie is just 10 and is tiny Also you have beautiful eyes Katt

Quote:
“Now lady.. HOW DO I MISS A FLIGHT THAT YOU CANCELED ??”:
What????? Glad you got it all fixed!

Quote:
and IT’S RED.. So I assume that is OUR CAR this WHOLE TIME. SO I tell Scott “I see a Charger over there… Spot # 13.”
FINALLY we get the car.. and load the suitcases..
Thank goodness

Quote:
If the "Fockers WILL PLEASE .. GET OFF THE FLOOR.. and STOP LAUGHING SO HARD... AND LOUD... I'll KEEP GOING..... Thank You.
I can't believe you'd think we'd laugh at that

Quote:
23 minutes .....while we are in the “Cemetery”. .( Now I know how they got their 999 Haunts.. and I am about to be 1000) Sarabeth’s car was right in front of a Ghost that “Pop’s-Up” every 25 seconds or so.. and EVERY TIME it jumps up and shrieks.. she screams.
23 minutes They didn't get you off???
Old 08-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #43
ncsjodi
GO COLTS!!!!

Quote:
Question here being... Did Jodi READ or just jump in ??
WHO IS REALLY FIRST ??

I guess Scott and I need newer Cars..
I read it, but my computer froze before I could comment. I did actually read the entire post before I hit "Reply", so I was first!

Thank goodness we booked with AirTran and they haven't institute the stupid charge for checked luggage yet. We get one bag per person, so that should be enough. How much does a 4 year old need???

And I loved your rental car luck. Let's hope that doesn't rub off on me in October. We're supposed to get a standard SUV, so let's hope I don't get a Festiva (right, Mrs. The King??)!!!

Well, I can tell you one thing we don't share in common is our favorite WDW ride. Space Mountain is okay, but it's not my favorite. I'd have to say it's a tie between Expedition Everest, Soarin & RNRC.

Hope the next day is better (but I already know the answer to that one....)

Old 08-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #44
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Oh boy this is not starting out well...it's almost heard to hear about...but at least it's a build up to a do over!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 08-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #45
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank goodness we booked with AirTran and they haven't institute the stupid charge for checked luggage yet. We get one bag per person, so that should be enough. How much does a 4 year old need???
THis is my theory too Jodi. I pack a suitcase for Jimmy, but it is always leass than half full (His stuff doesn't take up that much room and in ziplocs it takes up less ). Then I pack all his stuff in my suitcase coming home and use his for souveniers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: