Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 04:02 PM   #76
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)
 
cajunfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: TN
Posts: 1,644

Great report!

Where did you get the touthbrush holder?? That is an excellant idea...especially since the last few trips, I have been just loading down one of the little plastic cups with change to use as a toothbrush holder!!! I hate laying them down on the bathroom counter!

I am originally from the New Orleans area. My brother wirks at one of those large chemical plants too! (So did my in-laws...different companies!)

Lynn
__________________
cajunfan is offline  
Old 08-20-2008, 04:12 PM   #77
mom_of_3_70737
DIS Veteran
 
mom_of_3_70737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfan View Post
Great report!

Where did you get the touthbrush holder?? That is an excellant idea...especially since the last few trips, I have been just loading down one of the little plastic cups with change to use as a toothbrush holder!!! I hate laying them down on the bathroom counter!

I am originally from the New Orleans area. My brother wirks at one of those large chemical plants too! (So did my in-laws...different companies!)

Lynn
Hey! I think the toothbrush holder is neat too! It has a suction cup so it just sticks to the mirror! I hate leaving ours on the counter too I found mine at Dollar Tree for $1. You can't beat that!
__________________

POR - 1/12/12-1/17/12! Free DDP!
POP- 3/4/09-3/8/09 DDP Adult Only Trip!!!!
POR - 9/11/08-9/16/08 Free DDP W/ Deluxe Upgrade!
POP - 11/18/07 - 11/24/07 DDP Thanksgiving Trip
POP - 3/20/06 - 3/25/06 First Trip to WDW!!!
Me (32) DH (32) DS (11) DD (8) DD (7)
Check Out My "Shhh We're Going To Disney" PTR, Now A TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1911197
mom_of_3_70737 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #78
mom_of_3_70737
DIS Veteran
 
mom_of_3_70737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 603

Soooo me and the kids have been talking and they said that they really want to go back to Disney. Then my DS8 asked if we had to wait until DD4 was in Kindergarten next year. A whole year away......I told them that we had been thinking about it and maybe we could move the trip up a bit. Maybe we'll go in June when school gets out. June 2009. 10 months from now. They were ecstatic If only they knew that we were really leaving in 21 days 9 hours and 10 minutes! I soooo can't wait to surprise them.

That's all for now. I just wanted to share. I hope everyone has a great night!
__________________

POR - 1/12/12-1/17/12! Free DDP!
POP- 3/4/09-3/8/09 DDP Adult Only Trip!!!!
POR - 9/11/08-9/16/08 Free DDP W/ Deluxe Upgrade!
POP - 11/18/07 - 11/24/07 DDP Thanksgiving Trip
POP - 3/20/06 - 3/25/06 First Trip to WDW!!!
Me (32) DH (32) DS (11) DD (8) DD (7)
Check Out My "Shhh We're Going To Disney" PTR, Now A TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1911197
mom_of_3_70737 is offline  
Old 08-20-2008, 10:05 PM   #79
amytheobald
Mouseketeer
 
amytheobald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_3_70737 View Post
Soooo me and the kids have been talking and they said that they really want to go back to Disney. Then my DS8 asked if we had to wait until DD4 was in Kindergarten next year. A whole year away......I told them that we had been thinking about it and maybe we could move the trip up a bit. Maybe we'll go in June when school gets out. June 2009. 10 months from now. They were ecstatic If only they knew that we were really leaving in 21 days 9 hours and 10 minutes! I soooo can't wait to surprise them.

That's all for now. I just wanted to share. I hope everyone has a great night!
Isn't it funny, and SOOO hard not to tell them. Today my DS who is now 8 got some birthday money and asked if he used his birthday money to pay for part of the trip if we could go sooner?
__________________
Disney is my Happy Place!



Our 2008 Surprise trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1877486
amytheobald is offline  
Old 08-20-2008, 10:14 PM   #80
sherreis
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: FL - less than 1 hr to the Mouse
Posts: 2,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_3_70737 View Post
Soooo me and the kids have been talking and they said that they really want to go back to Disney. Then my DS8 asked if we had to wait until DD4 was in Kindergarten next year. A whole year away......I told them that we had been thinking about it and maybe we could move the trip up a bit. Maybe we'll go in June when school gets out. June 2009. 10 months from now. They were ecstatic If only they knew that we were really leaving in 21 days 9 hours and 10 minutes! I soooo can't wait to surprise them.

That's all for now. I just wanted to share. I hope everyone has a great night!

Good job not spilling the beans! I can only imagine how much harder it gets the closer you get.
__________________
Sherri Me DH DS 17 DS13 We just moved from MD to FL and I still love going to WDW!
sherreis is offline  
Old 08-21-2008, 12:13 AM   #81
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney
 
mom2mek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 3,377

Just joining in your great pre-trip! I was also there over Thanksgiving 2007 (and Jan of 2006) I also have a boy and two girls! Ages 7, 5, and almost 4. I have the same Tinkerbell lanyard with zippered pouch bought from the disneysmilestore and last but not least, we leave for our next Disney trip in 49 days and I'm trying to do it as a surprise as well! Strange, huh? I thought it was really funny!

You sound like you have a great trip planned and a great group of people to go to Disney with! I look forward to hearing all about it!

Sara
mom2mek is offline  
Old 08-21-2008, 09:33 AM   #82
Paparazzimama
DIS Veteran
 
Paparazzimama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 794

Quote:
Originally Posted by amytheobald View Post
Isn't it funny, and SOOO hard not to tell them. Today my DS who is now 8 got some birthday money and asked if he used his birthday money to pay for part of the trip if we could go sooner?
That is hilarious!!!!!
__________________
Coronado Springs 3/8/12-3/12/12 - FREE DDP w/upgrade to DxDDP - Just Me and the Hubby!!!
AllStar Movies 9/18/10-9/25/10-FREE DDP
Pop Century 3/4/09-3/8/09 - Adults Only - DDP
Port Orleans-Riverside 9/11/08-9/16/08 FREE DDP w/upgrade to DxDDP!!!
AllStar Music 11/17/07-11/24/07
FL Resident (10+ visits) 11/3/06-3/25/07
Windsor Hills 4/22/06-4/28/06
AllStar Music 5/31/97-6/6/97
Offsite - 4 childhood trips 1984-1990

Paparazzimama is offline  
Old 08-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #83
amytheobald
Mouseketeer
 
amytheobald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 434

We'll be in MK on the 12th too, are ya'll doing MNSSHP that night?
__________________
Disney is my Happy Place!



Our 2008 Surprise trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1877486
amytheobald is offline  
Old 08-21-2008, 05:20 PM   #84
mom_of_3_70737
DIS Veteran
 
mom_of_3_70737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by amytheobald View Post
Isn't it funny, and SOOO hard not to tell them. Today my DS who is now 8 got some birthday money and asked if he used his birthday money to pay for part of the trip if we could go sooner?
Don't they just melt your heart when they come up with stuff like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherreis View Post
Good job not spilling the beans! I can only imagine how much harder it gets the closer you get.
It is soooo hard! I know they are going to be so surprised though, and it's worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Just joining in your great pre-trip! I was also there over Thanksgiving 2007 (and Jan of 2006) I also have a boy and two girls! Ages 7, 5, and almost 4. I have the same Tinkerbell lanyard with zippered pouch bought from the disneysmilestore and last but not least, we leave for our next Disney trip in 49 days and I'm trying to do it as a surprise as well! Strange, huh? I thought it was really funny!

You sound like you have a great trip planned and a great group of people to go to Disney with! I look forward to hearing all about it!

Sara
That is too funny! We sure sound a lot alike It looks like you too are counting down the days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amytheobald View Post
We'll be in MK on the 12th too, are ya'll doing MNSSHP that night?
No we will not be attending MNSSHP. We thought about it, but we are just going to save that for another trip!
__________________

POR - 1/12/12-1/17/12! Free DDP!
POP- 3/4/09-3/8/09 DDP Adult Only Trip!!!!
POR - 9/11/08-9/16/08 Free DDP W/ Deluxe Upgrade!
POP - 11/18/07 - 11/24/07 DDP Thanksgiving Trip
POP - 3/20/06 - 3/25/06 First Trip to WDW!!!
Me (32) DH (32) DS (11) DD (8) DD (7)
Check Out My "Shhh We're Going To Disney" PTR, Now A TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1911197
mom_of_3_70737 is offline  
Old 08-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #85
Paparazzimama
DIS Veteran
 
Paparazzimama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 794

I had so much fun at lunch with you and Syd today!!! Except for the part where Syd looks at me with big puppy dog eyes and says, "Aunt Mewonie, will you bwing me a minnie mouse like my mickey mouse when you go to Disney Wowd?" I thought I'd crack for sure! I can't wait to see their faces when they realize they're coming too!!!
__________________
Coronado Springs 3/8/12-3/12/12 - FREE DDP w/upgrade to DxDDP - Just Me and the Hubby!!!
AllStar Movies 9/18/10-9/25/10-FREE DDP
Pop Century 3/4/09-3/8/09 - Adults Only - DDP
Port Orleans-Riverside 9/11/08-9/16/08 FREE DDP w/upgrade to DxDDP!!!
AllStar Music 11/17/07-11/24/07
FL Resident (10+ visits) 11/3/06-3/25/07
Windsor Hills 4/22/06-4/28/06
AllStar Music 5/31/97-6/6/97
Offsite - 4 childhood trips 1984-1990

Paparazzimama is offline  
Old 08-21-2008, 08:33 PM   #86
mom_of_3_70737
DIS Veteran
 
mom_of_3_70737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparazzimama View Post
I had so much fun at lunch with you and Syd today!!! Except for the part where Syd looks at me with big puppy dog eyes and says, "Aunt Mewonie, will you bwing me a minnie mouse like my mickey mouse when you go to Disney Wowd?" I thought I'd crack for sure! I can't wait to see their faces when they realize they're coming too!!!
I know! I could read it on your face It is soooo hard sometimes. I can't wait to see your kiddos faces when they see us at the airport We might should bring some ear plugs, there is going to be some major squealing for sure!!!
__________________

POR - 1/12/12-1/17/12! Free DDP!
POP- 3/4/09-3/8/09 DDP Adult Only Trip!!!!
POR - 9/11/08-9/16/08 Free DDP W/ Deluxe Upgrade!
POP - 11/18/07 - 11/24/07 DDP Thanksgiving Trip
POP - 3/20/06 - 3/25/06 First Trip to WDW!!!
Me (32) DH (32) DS (11) DD (8) DD (7)
Check Out My "Shhh We're Going To Disney" PTR, Now A TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1911197
mom_of_3_70737 is offline  
Old 08-21-2008, 09:17 PM   #87
amytheobald
Mouseketeer
 
amytheobald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_3_70737 View Post
I know! I could read it on your face It is soooo hard sometimes. I can't wait to see your kiddos faces when they see us at the airport We might should bring some ear plugs, there is going to be some major squealing for sure!!!
There's going to be some major energy on that plane too~
__________________
Disney is my Happy Place!



Our 2008 Surprise trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1877486
amytheobald is offline  
Old 08-21-2008, 09:58 PM   #88
mom_of_3_70737
DIS Veteran
 
mom_of_3_70737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by amytheobald View Post
There's going to be some major energy on that plane too~
OMG I didn't think of that. All those poor other passengers!!! They will be so ready for us to get off I bet!
__________________

POR - 1/12/12-1/17/12! Free DDP!
POP- 3/4/09-3/8/09 DDP Adult Only Trip!!!!
POR - 9/11/08-9/16/08 Free DDP W/ Deluxe Upgrade!
POP - 11/18/07 - 11/24/07 DDP Thanksgiving Trip
POP - 3/20/06 - 3/25/06 First Trip to WDW!!!
Me (32) DH (32) DS (11) DD (8) DD (7)
Check Out My "Shhh We're Going To Disney" PTR, Now A TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1911197
mom_of_3_70737 is offline  
Old 08-21-2008, 10:21 PM   #89
sherreis
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: FL - less than 1 hr to the Mouse
Posts: 2,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparazzimama View Post
I had so much fun at lunch with you and Syd today!!! Except for the part where Syd looks at me with big puppy dog eyes and says, "Aunt Mewonie, will you bwing me a minnie mouse like my mickey mouse when you go to Disney Wowd?" I thought I'd crack for sure! I can't wait to see their faces when they realize they're coming too!!!
Oh my. Poor baby. You two need to stop seeing each other.
__________________
Sherri Me DH DS 17 DS13 We just moved from MD to FL and I still love going to WDW!
sherreis is offline  
Old 08-22-2008, 08:10 AM   #90
mom_of_3_70737
DIS Veteran
 
mom_of_3_70737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherreis View Post
Oh my. Poor baby. You two need to stop seeing each other.
Haha! That may make things easier, right! The thing is, we are both so busy going in different directions, that we barely see eachother! We talk everyday though. I guess it's better for the kids sake that we don't see more of eachother! Pure torture for them knowing that they are about to be leaving for WDW
__________________

POR - 1/12/12-1/17/12! Free DDP!
POP- 3/4/09-3/8/09 DDP Adult Only Trip!!!!
POR - 9/11/08-9/16/08 Free DDP W/ Deluxe Upgrade!
POP - 11/18/07 - 11/24/07 DDP Thanksgiving Trip
POP - 3/20/06 - 3/25/06 First Trip to WDW!!!
Me (32) DH (32) DS (11) DD (8) DD (7)
Check Out My "Shhh We're Going To Disney" PTR, Now A TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1911197
mom_of_3_70737 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.