Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
WDWRookie2009
Mouseketeer

Arrow First trip and Scared!!

Hello everyone!

I found this board a couple of weeks ago after my husband said he wanted to do Disney World for R&R. He is currently in Iraq so all the planning is on me. I booked our flights and hotel.. on such short notice I got the Clarion Resort and Water Park. We are staying 7 nights. It will be my husband, myself and our 7 year old son and 2 year old son and this is our very first trip We are doing a five day park hopper starting March 26th. For our reservations I booked

Thursday ~ Crystal Palace 8:05 AM
Friday ~ Donald's Safari at 8: 15 AM
Saturday~ Garden Grill ~ 5:35 PM

We also are going to try to get into Pizza Planet for lunch on Sunday. Do we need to make a reservation for that? Any other food stops we must try and make for our 2 and 7 year old? They were booked up at Chef Mickey's.

I am thinking of doing a celebration cake for our dinner for my husband. I wanted to do something to show him he is our hero Any tips on that?

I feel overwhelmed, happy , excited, scared and so nervous all in one

I heard shoes were a big deal and I just ordered some croc flip flops for myself and husband, my 2 year old some cute Mickey crocs and batman for the 7 year old.. All half off!!!

This post must be everywhere so for all who read thank you!! Now I am all ears for any tips and suggestions!!!!

Sarah
Old 02-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
maroo
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the DISboards!

Sounds like you are well on your way!

Your 2-year-old will probably spend the most time in the stroller...your 7-year-old might hitch a ride, too, if you let them!

I don't know much about your restaurants...so I can't attest to that...

Keep trying for Chef Mickeys...if you call every day...they could have someone cancel and you could get in! You can also check the restaurant thread...they sometimes swap ADR's over there!

I think the celebration cake for your husband is an AWESOME idea!

As far as being nervous AND excited! I totally relate!!! That is a good thing!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
WDWRookie2009
Mouseketeer

Thanks for responding!!

Do you think I should take my own stroller or rent? My husband just wants to rent one because as he says "we have enough crap" to take Does anyone know if the strollers are decent?

I can't wait!!
Old 02-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
Glencora
Be good then, and don't.

Welcome to the DIS! And a big thank you to your husband for his service. My advice would be to go your local library and look at all of the different Disney travel books. There are a lot of them, but most people here seem to like The Unofficial Guide to DW and Birnbaum's. These will help you get an overview of everything there is to see and do at Disney. Abebooks.com is a great place to go buy used or new copies of these books at reduced prices.

Don't worry about doing everything in one week - you can't!

As far as the strollers go - I would check out the price of renting at Disney (which I hear can be expensive), or try one of the off-site rental places (I think there's one called Orlando Stroller Rentals or something). Also remember it may be a help to have the stroller with you at the airport. Disney can be very overwhelming for little ones, so having his own stroller from home may make it a bit easier on the kiddo.

Good luck, read the DISboards, and I know you'll have a fabulous time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: