Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:51 PM   #76
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday, cjemscott!!!!!!!!! If only we could have Jon sing his version of Happy Birthday to you!
Old 08-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #77
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

A little something for my DISer NKOTB addicts...
http://soundcheck.walmart.com/new_ki...the_block.html

This takes afew minutes to watch but it is SOOOOOOO worth it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2008, 04:18 PM   #78
kjs1976
Thanks for the magic, Walt!

I am joining the group...was a NKOTB addict from age 12-16. When they resurfaced this Spring and a co-worker brought in the recorded Today show concert, we sat in my classroom during lunch and watched it and my 13 year old self jumped back into my body for a while!!! But so glad I;m not that teenager anymore! She wanted to marry Jordan....

But the "adult" in me did marry the man of my dreams and we are now blessed with a gorgeous and smart little girl. Can't wait to tell her about my teenage obsession (like my mom did of hers, Richard Chamberlain of Dr. Kildare??!!) and have her tilt her head to the side and say, "Who???"

You can't tell me they have got to feel a little weird at their age saying, "Hi, we're New Kids on the Block." I mean it's one thing to be like Aerosmith and the Stones, but them???? I'd feel goofy.
2X Disney Land
5 B-Days spent in WDW and 1 in DL!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:49 PM   #79
angey77
DIS Veteran

Did anyone who watched them on The Today Show hear Kathy Lee (ugh!) refer to them as "Old Men in the Gated Neighborhood"? That hit a nerve with me, especially since I now live in a gated neighborhood! Another reason to dislike her ... highly!

I love it, my 13-year-old niece LOVES Summertime. And my 17-year-old niece loves Tonight. She downloaded the entire Hanging Tough CD from me. YAY!

You know, I did love Joey, mostly because he was "closer to my age" and I thought I MIGHT have a chance with him back in the day. Yeah, bad, huh? I was such a nerd. hehe.

But you know who my favorite is? One of the earlier members of NKOTB, even before the self-titled album .... grrrr.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:22 AM   #80
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

I did hear Kathie Lee say that... and I really dislike her now!

I think that is why I liked Joey "back in the day" as well... I even had our wedding planned! Now, I am crushin' on the sibling to the hottie in your fabulous photo!!! But I will always love Joe, he was my first love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angey77 View Post
Did anyone who watched them on The Today Show hear Kathy Lee (ugh!) refer to them as "Old Men in the Gated Neighborhood"? That hit a nerve with me, especially since I now live in a gated neighborhood! Another reason to dislike her ... highly!

I love it, my 13-year-old niece LOVES Summertime. And my 17-year-old niece loves Tonight. She downloaded the entire Hanging Tough CD from me. YAY!

You know, I did love Joey, mostly because he was "closer to my age" and I thought I MIGHT have a chance with him back in the day. Yeah, bad, huh? I was such a nerd. hehe.

But you know who my favorite is? One of the earlier members of NKOTB, even before the self-titled album .... grrrr.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:31 AM   #81
GoodFairies
Not a Taheen
Poor? Maybe. Tagless? Not anymore!
people probably always wonder why I'm staring into my purse

It's funny that in those pics they are wearing very similar clothes to what they wore 20 years ago.

My favorite was always Jordan. I also think he has aged the best of all of them and he is still pretty attractive.

I saw them in concert when I was 12 but don't think I'll get to see them again. I would like to know if they sing new songs mostly. I have zero interest in hearing their new songs; I would only want to hear the old ones!

Also, I had that Marky Mark CK picture on the front of my school binder for the longest time!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:48 AM   #82
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

I think they said that they will sing a mix of the new and old songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodFairies View Post
It's funny that in those pics they are wearing very similar clothes to what they wore 20 years ago.

My favorite was always Jordan. I also think he has aged the best of all of them and he is still pretty attractive.

I saw them in concert when I was 12 but don't think I'll get to see them again. I would like to know if they sing new songs mostly. I have zero interest in hearing their new songs; I would only want to hear the old ones!

Also, I had that Marky Mark CK picture on the front of my school binder for the longest time!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:50 AM   #83
angey77
DIS Veteran

Oh, I forgot to mention I REFUSED to miss my first NKOTB concert for medical reasons. So, my mom (a nurse) went against her best judgment and let me go. I was instructed not to touch anyone ... I was pretty contagious with the chicken pox! I was hard-core. Thank God I only had one pock on my face and could cover it with my luscious bangs. None of my friends got the pox either.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:51 AM   #84
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angey77 View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention I REFUSED to miss my first NKOTB concert for medical reasons. So, my mom (a nurse) went against her best judgment and let me go. I was instructed not to touch anyone ... I was pretty contagious with the chicken pox! I was hard-core. Thank God I only had one pock on my face and could cover it with my luscious bangs. None of my friends got the pox either.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #85
cjemscott
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
I did hear Kathie Lee say that... and I really dislike her now!

I think that is why I liked Joey "back in the day" as well... I even had our wedding planned! Now, I am crushin' on the sibling to the hottie in your fabulous photo!!! But I will always love Joe, he was my first love!

HMDAVID we totally agree on that last statement - don't get me wrong - JoeMac is still Hot and his voice still makes me melt - listening to him sing Single on the MOA vids brought a smile to my face! I just think Donnie is for the woman in me or something - He is just mighty fine now!

The are going to be one the Today show again very soon - so Kathie Lee better keep her trap shut - although I think it's impossible for her to do that!
2009 - March 24th/25th - All Star Movies
2010 - March Spring Break - Carribbean Beach The Pirate Adventure!
2012 - March Spring Break - All Star Sports - Free Dining
2014 - Labor Day Week - AofA Nemo - Free Dining
Old 08-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #86
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

[quote=cjemscott;26955303]HMDAVID we totally agree on that last statement - don't get me wrong - JoeMac is still Hot and his voice still makes me melt - listening to him sing Single on the MOA vids brought a smile to my face! I just think Donnie is for the woman in me or something - He is just mighty fine now!
quote]

While we were waiting for endless hours at the MOA, my friend that I was with decided that I have a thing for Donnie now because I secretly have athing for the "bad boy". She could be right, every boyfriend I have ever had, with the exception of the one I married, would fall into the "bad boy" category!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 03:04 PM   #87
cjemscott
Mouseketeer

I think my new "obsession" is because I've always dated nice guys and now am happily married to one! DW can be my "bad boy" without breaking any rules!!!
2009 - March 24th/25th - All Star Movies
2010 - March Spring Break - Carribbean Beach The Pirate Adventure!
2012 - March Spring Break - All Star Sports - Free Dining
2014 - Labor Day Week - AofA Nemo - Free Dining
Old 08-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #88
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjemscott View Post
I think my new "obsession" is because I've always dated nice guys and now am happily married to one! DW can be my "bad boy" without breaking any rules!!!
I am so happy that I married my "nice guy" but I agree about the "bad boy w/o breaking the rules" theory!

This photo was just added to the Flickr on nkotb.com. Thought it would be a nice one to post here...

Old 08-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #89
mantysk8coach
Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous!

Squeee! Just bought my plane ticket for the Boston meet and greet! I can't believe I am actually doing this!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:39 PM   #90
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantysk8coach View Post
Squeee! Just bought my plane ticket for the Boston meet and greet! I can't believe I am actually doing this!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You will be so happy that you did!!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: