Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #271
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning cruisers!

Welcome home Cayla, hope you get back to a normal schedule soon - not that your schedule was ever normal

We spent part of the weekend putting up some of our icicle lights – we surround the house with them. It is very difficult to put them up in wind, and it seemed like the wind picked up each day just as we got the ladders out! But we did manage a few strands. Hopefully it will be calm this weekend and we can get the rest of them up.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #272
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn G View Post
Good Morning cruisers!

Welcome home Cayla, hope you get back to a normal schedule soon - not that your schedule was ever normal

We spent part of the weekend putting up some of our icicle lights – we surround the house with them. It is very difficult to put them up in wind, and it seemed like the wind picked up each day just as we got the ladders out! But we did manage a few strands. Hopefully it will be calm this weekend and we can get the rest of them up.

Isn't normal for the boring??? I think that my schedule IS normal actually - but I appreciate the kind thoughts.

Good luck with those lights, I am tackling village this weekend - that is usually a 2 or 3 day affair to get it all set up and looking cute.

C
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
padalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2008, 09:56 AM   #273
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Cruisers! Was too busy to make it to the boards yesterday – but got all my shopping for Thanksgiving out of the way!

Cayla - good luck with the village!

We have been working on the icicle lights in the evenings, last evening was calm and we managed to get up several strands – hopefully tonight will be calm also so we can get a couple more up. That should leave only one or 2 left for the weekend, and the forecast is not great for the weekend – it is supposed to get cold and some snow. The wind is the hardest when up on a ladder, and holding long strings of lights, the static decorations will be easier to put up in the wind!

Weather has been really nice all week!

Have a great day, and a great Turkey Day tomorrow!
Old 11-27-2008, 05:53 PM   #274
CarolynMink
Mouseketeer

Happy Thanksgiving Cruisers
Spent all day cooking, the evening eating, and the rest of the night is for relaxing.
adding pts BLT;10/13 BCV, 6/13 BCV & BLT,1/13 AKV, 6/12 THV & AKV; 2012 added pts BCV x2; BCV 8/11, AKV, DCL & VWL 8/09, AKV & BWV 1/09, OKW,VWL,SSR; 2/08 add pts VWL; SSR 12/06, ASMo; 12/05 *joined DVC - SSR; Dolphin 3/01, FW cabin 5/00, OKW 5/98, Disneyland 6/96,off property WDW '90, '87, & '81
CarolynMink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #275
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

The Lights are on!!!!!!

If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Don’t dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #276
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Cruisers! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We had a quiet dinner at home, turkey breast, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole and pumpkin pie! Now we have lots of left over’s (I love left over’s).

We are really glad we started the Christmas lights early – the weekend conditions were not conducive to being on a ladder – windy and cold all weekend. We did not get as much done on the inside of the house as I would have liked, we decided to take advantage of the great deals and bought a new car – jeep 4-door wrangler – then had to make room in the garage for it as we did not trade in the old jeep. We had to move the motorcycles and bicycles to the barn to empty out a space in the garage.

Beautiful sunrise this morning! Still windy though.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:39 AM   #277
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Cruisers!

My cold is getting worse, I coughed up a storm last night, had to move to the guest bedroom at 3am so as not to wake up Scott with another coughing fit! I am really wiped out today! I am just very thankful that it is all in my chest and not in my head, I would really be a hurting puppy if my head were stuffy also.

It is snowing and cold today, think I will confine my activities to working on Christmas cards, ordering Christmas gifts, and working on afghans I am trying to finish before Christmas. As today is laundry day, I will get my exercise climbing stairs. The dogs have not gotten off the bed since I fed them this morning!

Old 12-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #278
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Cruisers! Where is everyone?

It snowed all day yesterday, and was not windy, so the snow actually covers the ground, instead of the normal - bare ground with snow drifts! It was really pretty yesterday watching it fall. The Christmas lights look really good in the snow! I am having a good time this morning watching the sparrows and finches in the bird feeder. I may even find the energy to clean the walks, the snow is really light. The high today will be 14 degrees, but without wind, that should not be bad. Tomorrow the wind is coming back, and although it will be clear and warmer, the forecast is for "blowing snow".

I am still coughing too much for major exercise, the snow shoveling will be enough. Hopefully by the weekend I will be well enough for a long walk, the weather is supposed to be decent, at least warmer and clear, over the weekend.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #279
CarolynMink
Mouseketeer

Lynn,

I hope you feel better real soon. Also, the lights do look beautiful.

I have been so busy - Saturday's Drama Club Performances went off wonderfully. We had an extra eleven hours of rehearsal last week. Saturday, the shows ran over two hour long with a cast of 65 middle students. Sunday, another mom & myself spent another two hours putting away costumes. This Sunday, it's the Santa Pancake Breakfast. My daughter's Girl Scout troop is doing this as a fundraiser to start a school recycling plan. (There are only seven girls and we have over 120 people coming) Plus, baking & working at for the Cookie Extravaganza on Sunday for our church. Let's not forget work!

The long and short of it - maybe I will put all the decorations up Christmas Eve.

I will most likely not be on-line for another week. Have a great week everyone!
adding pts BLT;10/13 BCV, 6/13 BCV & BLT,1/13 AKV, 6/12 THV & AKV; 2012 added pts BCV x2; BCV 8/11, AKV, DCL & VWL 8/09, AKV & BWV 1/09, OKW,VWL,SSR; 2/08 add pts VWL; SSR 12/06, ASMo; 12/05 *joined DVC - SSR; Dolphin 3/01, FW cabin 5/00, OKW 5/98, Disneyland 6/96,off property WDW '90, '87, & '81
CarolynMink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #280
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Cruisers!

Carolyn - sounds like you have been really busy!

I have decided to concentrate on getting Christmas packages shipped out, and get Christmas cards out instead of working on decorations. I am printing out our Christmas letter as I am writing this so I can work on the cards later today and tonight. Sometimes I miss working the graveyard shift (only for a minute or two) because that is when I used to get all my cards done! (I had one of those jobs that you had to be there, but you were not always busy.)

Weather is really nice here today, will get out later for a dog walk. It will be cold over weekend.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #281
kpros
I ride for the Arthritis Foundation!

Good Morning Everyone - another day closer to the cruise!!!!!

Hope everyone has big plans for the weekend. It appears a big storm is heading for So. Cal. early next week, so I guess I better get a few rides in over the weekend. Forecast is for cold temps. Guess it's time to breakout the "winter" riding equipment (full finger gloves - )

Happy Holidays!

Ken
kpros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #282
DisneyPinDiva
What? There's no more shrimp left? Who could have eaten them all?

Location: Where ever the Magic Wonder Dream or Fantasy takes me....

Hi Everyone!!

Geez guys... only 19 pages and it's mostly Scott, Lynn and Ken???
Just booked a 7 night Eastern with St Croix for my B-day!! So maybe I'll get to add this one on as my $99 deal!!! Will give it a try anyway.... any excuse to cruise with you guys!

Too many cruises to keep track of anymore!! MAGIC x 6, WONDER x 12, DREAM x 4 FANTASY x2 FIRST to
MAGICally cross from Kingdom to Kingdom! DCL Inaugural Panama Canal Crossing - May 2005, ,DVC Member Since 1992
I know where the Magic starts...

DisneyPinDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #283
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPinDiva View Post
Hi Everyone!!

Geez guys... only 19 pages and it's mostly Scott, Lynn and Ken???
Just booked a 7 night Eastern with St Croix for my B-day!! So maybe I'll get to add this one on as my $99 deal!!! Will give it a try anyway.... any excuse to cruise with you guys!
Nah, there are other lurkers, we are just the quiet type for now.
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
padalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #284
first timers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
Nah, there are other lurkers, we are just the quiet type for now.
I have been MIA. It's been busy at work and been working alot (64hr last week, 67hr this week). Alot of our time has been occupied with training and participating in half marathons. We did the Rock n roll San Antonio half marathon Nov 16th with spros and we did the Spacecoast half marathon in Cocoa Beach Nov 30th. Now we are getting ready for Christmas, then the Disney half marathon the second weekend in Jan and the Arizona Rock n Roll half marathon the third weekend in Jan. Work should slow down after the fisrt of the year so I hope to post a bit more. Alex
05/14/05 1st Panama Canal Cruise 05/28/05 1st West Coast Cruise
09/07/2006 1st 10-day Wonder Cruise 09/17/2006 1st 11-day Wonder Cruise
05/12/2007 1st Transatlantic Cruise 05/26/07 1st Mediteranen Cruise
06/05/10 1st Bacelona to Dover Cruise 06/12/10 1st Baltic Cruise
02/06/11 Maiden Voyage Dream 04/27/11 1st LA to Vancouver Cruise05/3/11 1st Alaska Cruise
first timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:08 PM   #285
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

Alex Ihear ya, averaging 55+ hours a week, here. off to Detroit to teach next week. Not quite the fun o your trips.

We did a5K Reindeer run this morn now off to The Train Depot fr Tuba Christmas.

Have a good one, will be at WDW soon for teh Marathon Weekend. to be followed by teh electric wheel chair week. LOL
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Don’t dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: