Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #16
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Bump!

Does anyone have any new Bathroom Sign pictures for us? There are so many clever ones!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #17
mariezp
DIS Veteran

Here's the best I could do. Even DD-8 was privy enough to know that her mother does not fall into the "normal" category! She was like "Why are you taking pictures of THAT?" I guess I should have just explained to her "Well, honey, that's just what some of us Disney nut cases do." She would have understood then! Everybody needs a hobby, right?

mariezp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2009, 02:18 PM   #18
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

This thread is very cute to me for a personal reason.

About 15 years ago - wow! has it been that long??? - I was fortunate enough to be able to live in London, England for a year and travel throughout Europe on the weekends. Toilets around the world all seem to have different flushing mechanisms / handles / configurations. My travel pictures have comodes from all around Europe - and people laugh at me for having taken them, but to me, they are just as much a part of the cultural differences I experiences from country to country as anything else.

I love how the restroom signs throughout DL go with the theming of their areas, but I don't believe I have pictures of them. If I find any, I'll be sure to share.

- dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #19
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Here are some more I took last trip. What a hobby!

The Queen of Hearts Bathroom

The Hungry Bear Bathroom

I think this is the bathroom outside of Whitewater Snacks. If not, please correct me.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #20
DisneyloverinWA
Waiting for the Magic

This thread is a great example of why I love Disney! People can even find joy and fun in the potty signs. Thanks for making me smile today!
DisneyloverinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #21
reader
Mouseketeer

What a coincidence! I spent time over the weekend creating a collage of my Disneyland bathroom signs to hang in my bathroom! I think they're Imagineering at its finest! Did you spot the ones in Pacific Wharf of the fisherman/woman silhouettes? Her fish is about 3 times the size of the man's fish! Love that one along with the pirate ones on the island and the Space Mtn ones and, well, let's face it, I love them all. Clever and creative.

Next up is a collage of all the trashcans to hang in the laundry area.

Annual pass plus love of photography plus many solo trips leads to odd obsessions!
reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #22
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by reader View Post
...Annual pass plus love of photography plus many solo trips leads to odd obsessions!
SOOOOOO true.

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:49 PM   #23
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
What a coincidence! I spent time over the weekend creating a collage of my Disneyland bathroom signs to hang in my bathroom! I think they're Imagineering at its finest! Did you spot the ones in Pacific Wharf of the fisherman/woman silhouettes? Her fish is about 3 times the size of the man's fish! Love that one along with the pirate ones on the island and the Space Mtn ones and, well, let's face it, I love them all. Clever and creative.

Next up is a collage of all the trashcans to hang in the laundry area.

Annual pass plus love of photography plus many solo trips leads to odd obsessions!
Ooooo! Please post those Pacific Wharf bathroom pictures here, along with the ones from Pirate's Lair! Do you have them on Photobucket or a similar site? We'd love to see them on this thread!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 01-26-2009, 06:13 PM   #24
PinkBudgie

The pirate's lair one can be found on the front page in my first post. Didn't see the warf one. We just didn't get to that area.

I never thought about hanging them in my bathroom! What a great idea!

I've only taken the women's bathroom because I would feel a little silly standing in front of the men's bathroom taking pictures!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #25
LavenderPeach
Didn't understand how you could go sideways and not fall out
Don't tempt me with stuff like that!

Quote:
I love your idea too! Hmm....might have to start taking bathroom sign pics so I can hang them up.
LavenderPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #26
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
The pirate's lair one can be found on the front page in my first post. Didn't see the warf one. We just didn't get to that area.

I never thought about hanging them in my bathroom! What a great idea!

I've only taken the women's bathroom because I would feel a little silly standing in front of the men's bathroom taking pictures!
Ah, yes, I remember the Pirate's Lair one now that I go back and look at it. I still want to see the Pacific Wharf sign, so hopefully the PP will post it for us!

Old 01-26-2009, 07:44 PM   #27
PinkBudgie

This one is from Adventureland last summer. I never posted it. Wish the shadow wasn't there.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #28
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post

This one is from Adventureland last summer. I never posted it. Wish the shadow wasn't there.
Oh, but shadow or no shadow, it's still adorable! You have been keeping this gem from us all this time!!!

I had this bathroom sign thread stuck in my head when I was at DLR in December. I was looking around at as many bathrooms as I could remember, and mainly just spotted the common ones we already know of. But I am SURE that - unless someone here has been to every single bathroom in DLR - there must be some other hidden gems lurking out there, just waiting to be found. For example, does anyone know if ToonTown has cute bathroom signs somewhere? I would think they must have them.

Believe it or not, one bathroom I encountered in DCA had (gasp) NO cute theming at ALL! It was just the standard picture of a woman and man that you see on regular bathrooms. I couldn't believe they wasted a good opportunity to stick some cute pictures on the doors

Old 01-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #29
Diznygrl
Disneyland Fanatic
But really, let's get real. I've never met a donut I didn't like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
For example, does anyone know if ToonTown has cute bathroom signs somewhere? I would think they must have them.
If I recall, the Toontown women's restroom has a picture of Jessica Rabbit wearing some kind of sexy coveralls holding a wrench (because the restrooms are in Goofy's Gas Station), and the men's has Roger Rabbit.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:08 PM   #30
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
If I recall, the Toontown women's restroom has a picture of Jessica Rabbit wearing some kind of sexy coveralls holding a wrench (because the restrooms are in Goofy's Gas Station), and the men's has Roger Rabbit.
Oooooo!!!!! Someone has got to have pictures of those somewhere! That would even be worth making a trek to the men's bathroom door to snap a photo! I must see those!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: