Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #16
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegKate View Post
Yes I just started one. Meg and Rob's Disney Wishes Wedding Adventure 10-12-09 I think I called it. Check it out!

PS - Thanks for reminding me that ME used to be part of MA - it makes me feel less lost up here!!
I was just up in Maine over the weekend.... I enjoyed the fresh air!

And I am going to find your PJ right now!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/9hft8tdfov8uptww.png[/img]

My Pre-Trip Report- Pumpkins and Pirates
I'm Back!!!! Pumpkins and Pirates and Cowboys, Oh My!

I'm a LapuLapuette, are you? Find out Here Bring rum!!!!

I have been boo'd by If U Had Wings!

Last edited by Princesskeyblade; 10-15-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Princesskeyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #17
IndyBride
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to reading more of your plans!!!
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #18
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

Apples, Barns and Cakes Oh My!!

I have been busy lately with the bridesmaid drama (Don't we all have one?) .... but have returned and I have developed a mantra:

I am the Bride
He is the Groom
This is our day!!

I swear I have not forgotten my PJ.

We have 3 hours between ceremony and cocktail hour. So we decided to rent a 1840's barn right across the street from the church and serve cider and tea and caramel apples. We will also have games going and pictures being done. I am really excited about it.

DF and I are going to order our cake from a popular cake place in MA called Konditor Meister this weekend. I know what I want for our cake... not the flavor but the design. I would love a 3/4 tiered square cake with white frosting and in white piping on each side is "And They Lived Happily Ever After" in 4 different languages (English, French, Italian, and German to honor our heritage) and orange roses in each corner with a topper TBD. The toppers we were talking about were a bride and groom dancing and a castle.
DF did not want a flower topper...It is his birthday, I have to let him decide something every once in a while!

Old 09-18-2008, 03:44 PM   #19
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesskeyblade View Post
I have been busy lately with the bridesmaid drama (Don't we all have one?) .... but have returned and I have developed a mantra:

I am the Bride
He is the Groom
This is our day!!

We have 3 hours between ceremony and cocktail hour. So we decided to rent a 1840's barn right across the street from the church and serve cider and tea and caramel apples. We will also have games going and pictures being done. I am really excited about it.

DF and I are going to order our cake from a popular cake place in MA called Konditor Meister this weekend. I know what I want for our cake... not the flavor but the design. I would love a 3/4 tiered square cake with white frosting and in white piping on each side is "And They Lived Happily Ever After" in 4 different languages (English, French, Italian, and German to honor our heritage) and orange roses in each corner with a topper TBD. The toppers we were talking about were a bride and groom dancing and a castle.
DF did not want a flower topper...It is his birthday, I have to let him decide something every once in a while!
Oh goodness PKB! Bridesmaid Drama! Pfffft.

I am all teary after reading about your cake. That sounds just beautiful. I also love the barn idea, very nice!
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:11 PM   #20
MegKate
2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do? Spend time on the DIS!

Quote:

I am the Bride
He is the Groom
This is our day!!

I love the cake - it sounds beautiful and really special. I love things that have a lot of thought put into them like that. And Cider, Tea and Carmel Apples? Totally yum!!

If you ever need someone to scream with about BM drama, I'm here for ya! Just a PM away!
MY PJ can be found here!, Facebook me!
WDW - 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001(Contemporary), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (Pop), 2011
WDL - 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Our Wedding/Honeymoon - October 8-20 (POFQ)

Our 5 year anniversary trip - April 26 - May 4, 2014 at the Polynesian - CASTLE VIEW!

MegKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #21
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegKate View Post
I love the cake - it sounds beautiful and really special. I love things that have a lot of thought put into them like that. And Cider, Tea and Carmel Apples? Totally yum!!
It was... And I will do an update soon, but cake tasting is awesome

Quote:
If you ever need someone to scream with about BM drama, I'm here for ya! Just a PM away!
Thanks... by the end of this process I think I will take you up on this offer!

Old 09-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #22
bridetobe789
2009 Disney Bride!!!

Sorry to hear about all the drama!! Your cake sounds great and I love the idea of renting the barn!!

*07.08.09 Tricia & Chris WP/LSS/Sago Cay*
bridetobe789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:50 PM   #23
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Oh goodness PKB! Bridesmaid Drama! Pfffft.

I am all teary after reading about your cake. That sounds just beautiful. I also love the barn idea, very nice!
LL!!! I am glad you found your way over here!!!!

I have to do a post about how the cake turned out! It is going to be awesome!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridetobe789 View Post
Sorry to hear about all the drama!! Your cake sounds great and I love the idea of renting the barn!!
Thanks! I am so lucky that my DS and FSIL won't stand for any of that drama.

I love the idea too.... And shopping for the cider and the apples and the pumpkins will be fun!

Old 10-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #24
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

Sorry I haven't been around here much....

Planning and preparing for our Disney trip has been taking up most of my time!! We leave Friday and when we return we will be thrown into wedding planning.

Friday also marks one year til I become my Mr.'s Mrs!!!! We will be buying Bride and Groom ears in Disney to wear around.

As soon as we get back I am jumping into dress shopping, my BM lunch, and finding our photographer and videographer!!

DF is actually designing all the paper stuff, which is awesome! I am trying to think of a romantic saying to put on my STD and Invites.

I have ordered this lovely piece of equiptment. www.canditto.com It eliminates disposable cameras and allows us to get some guest shots of the ceremony. If you are a MA, RI or ME bride, this may interest you!

I hope everyone is happy and healthy!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #25
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

We Are Back!!!!!!

We have returned back from our Dream vacation! Less than a year to go til our wedding!!!!!!

We ordered our champaigne flutes while we were at Disney from the Crystal Arts store!! They are Cinderella and Prince Charming and engraved on the back is "To our Happily Ever After" On the front, under the Prince and Princess is our names, and on the base is our date!

I will take pictures when they arrive at the house! Which should be soon!

We also bought our glass slippers (1 for the centerpiece and one for me).

Old 10-27-2008, 12:20 PM   #26
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have returned back from our Dream vacation! Less than a year to go til our wedding!!!!!!

We ordered our champaigne flutes while we were at Disney from the Crystal Arts store!! They are Cinderella and Prince Charming and engraved on the back is "To our Happily Ever After" On the front, under the Prince and Princess is our names, and on the base is our date!

I will take pictures when they arrive at the house! Which should be soon!

We also bought our glass slippers (1 for the centerpiece and one for me).
OOoh!! I can't wait to see the pictures!!
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:14 PM   #27
MegKate
2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do? Spend time on the DIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
OOoh!! I can't wait to see the pictures!!
Ditto! Bring on the pictures!!!
MY PJ can be found here!, Facebook me!
WDW - 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001(Contemporary), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (Pop), 2011
WDL - 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Our Wedding/Honeymoon - October 8-20 (POFQ)

Our 5 year anniversary trip - April 26 - May 4, 2014 at the Polynesian - CASTLE VIEW!

MegKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #28
gattra
Earning My Ears

Very Cool info about the Canditto!!! Thanks for the info! We are getting married a week after you in Michigan and then heading to the world for part of our honeymoon...My fiance' is looking at dresses this weekend, and we are starting to get really excited about the upcoming planning. Good idea about renting the barn between the ceremony and reception, I'm surely going to pass that one along.

gattra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:52 AM   #29
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

The 2nd Day Almost Every Girl Dreams of.....

Almost every girl I have ever met dreams of two things.

1) Their wedding day
2) The day when they find their wedding dress... or at least try on all those dresses!

Yesterday one of those days was realized (and it wasn't #1).

I have dreamed of my wedding dress since I was a little girl. It would be a ball gown with very limited lace and beading (plain like me), and I would get to be a princess. So I would also need the tiara!

Yesterday I drove down to my parents, met my MOH (DSis) and my DM for some dress shopping, preparing myself for not finding anything!

We went to David's Bridal first and I tried on some dresses. I LOVED one. But it didn't come in my size and it was discontinued so no more. I tried about 6 others (with my sisters help, the sales woman sat on a table and tried to get me to buy uncomfortable dresses that were not at all pretty on me). We finally got fed up and left. We spotted a little bridal boutique in the house next to David's and decided to give it a try.

Michelle, my wonderful sales coordinator, welcomed me with open arms and talked to me without my mom around. I told her about the wedding and what I wanted to feel like on my day, and then we sat with my mom and heard from her. Then she went and pulled some dresses that she thought of for me.

I tried on this first one and it looked great. I loved it, but I could see that that was not the one for me. Then we went to put on the second one and because it was a corset back, she turned me to face away from the mirrors and laced me up and then had me turn around to face the mirors and see myself.

Well one look at myself and in 30 seconds I was in tears!!!! I never thought I would be as in love with a dress as I was with this.

Notice that there is lace and beading!!! Never in a million years did I picture this as my dress!

Then she went out and got a tiara and the veil that I tried on with the previous dress put them on, and called my DM and MOH in. My mom started to tear up and my MOH was crying, so I started again!!! Here are some pics of the whole ensamble.....

I knew at that moment. That this was it and it needed to be my dress.

My mom talked financials as I talked with the seamstress. There was only one problem with it. I kept tugging at the top... making sure "the girls" were secure.... and I did NOT want that on the wedding day. So the seamstress and I talked about putting spagetti straps or something on the dress and she said it would be no problem!

I can not wait to put it on again!

Old 11-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #30
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

congrats

Congrats on finding your Dress! It is very pretty and the tiara too! You look wonderful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: