Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2014, 03:15 PM   #1
jenninaustin
Mouseketeer

Newbie here - APH resort discount question

So...I'm in the middle of planning a theoretical vacation for our family (which I am determined will happen!). We probably won't hit Uni for a couple of years but I've started playing around on travel sites for some estimates of costs.

I am planning on buying my Universal tickets through UndercoverTourist right now (hopefully in the next week) since they have the 3 park to park for the price of 2 deal.

Here's my question - originally I was pondering getting an APH just for me so I could get free parking and a better rate on my room. But we'd be going during peak times - either spring break or summer. When I did some "pretend" searches at RPR there didn't seem to be ANY difference at all - no APH discount at all. For those of you who know more about Universal (probably everyone on this board at this point!) could you let me know if you think I'm missing something?

I know APH discounts aren't around all the time. If we need to go either during spring break or summer, will there not be APH discounts for the resorts? (Or if there's a certain time of summer they usually have them, please let me know!)

If I think there's a good chance we could land an APH discount and it would be worth the APH cost, then I'll just get 3 tickets at Undercover Tourist and hold off on one for a possible APH.

Thanks!

But our June 2014 visit was
Trip Report:June 2014 - "Ok, Mom...we'll let you meet a princess..."

Jenn
JennspirationTs
jenninaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenninaustin View Post
So...I'm in the middle of planning a theoretical vacation for our family (which I am determined will happen!). We probably won't hit Uni for a couple of years but I've started playing around on travel sites for some estimates of costs.

I am planning on buying my Universal tickets through UndercoverTourist right now (hopefully in the next week) since they have the 3 park to park for the price of 2 deal.

Here's my question - originally I was pondering getting an APH just for me so I could get free parking and a better rate on my room. But we'd be going during peak times - either spring break or summer. When I did some "pretend" searches at RPR there didn't seem to be ANY difference at all - no APH discount at all. For those of you who know more about Universal (probably everyone on this board at this point!) could you let me know if you think I'm missing something?

I know APH discounts aren't around all the time. If we need to go either during spring break or summer, will there not be APH discounts for the resorts? (Or if there's a certain time of summer they usually have them, please let me know!)

If I think there's a good chance we could land an APH discount and it would be worth the APH cost, then I'll just get 3 tickets at Undercover Tourist and hold off on one for a possible APH.

Thanks!
Very often there are no discounts during Easter/Christmas/Spring Break. There do tend to be summer discounts. Do a search for the date and rate thread and you can see what discounts people have received in the past.

You can always still get 3 tickets from Undercover tourist and upgrade one to an AP if discounts come up.

You don't get free parking for the hotel with the annual pass...just at the parks.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #3
jenninaustin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Very often there are no discounts during Easter/Christmas/Spring Break. There do tend to be summer discounts. Do a search for the date and rate thread and you can see what discounts people have received in the past.

You can always still get 3 tickets from Undercover tourist and upgrade one to an AP if discounts come up.

You don't get free parking for the hotel with the annual pass...just at the parks.
This is great info - thanks. That is a bummer about it not being hotel parking. Glad I found that out. So everyone has to pay for parking at the hotel no matter what? (Since everything is in walking distance I guess the free parking only helps the locals who don't spend the night there? Maybe I'm missing something - most likely...)

I will do those searches - after I posted this I came across the thread stating the APH discounts are now up through Nov 6th so I did a sample search for that week - but I don't think that would help me for summer. When I try to search for this summer, it looks like only really expensive rooms have the APH discounts at RPR. Thanks again and if anyone else has recommendations or suggestions - let me know! (Leaning towards just buying 3 tix now to be safe.)

But our June 2014 visit was
Trip Report:June 2014 - "Ok, Mom...we'll let you meet a princess..."

Jenn
JennspirationTs
jenninaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:25 PM   #4
goingtoorlando
Earning My Ears

We got great rates at the Portofino Bay and the Cabana Bay using the APH rates last week so it was worth it for us to buy the pass. The PBH was around $220 and they upgraded us to a deluxe room, and the CBH was around $125 for the family suite.
goingtoorlando is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: