Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #61
lklasing
When being chased by a bear, you don't have to outrun the bear. You just have to outrun the other guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielfan View Post
You seem to know alot about the cabins, by chance do you know if they have channel 96? That is my DD channel of choice. Thank you for your help.
Sorry - I'm no help on that one. I hope they have it for you.
WDW Trips: Several as a child with parents and grandparents; June 2003-FW; May 2005-Poly GVC; May 2007-Poly GVC (trip report); May 2008-Fun at FW cabins (trip report); November 2008-Fun at the Fort-Thanksgiving Style (trip report); September 2009-Back to the Fort-Labor Day (trip report); March 2010-Spring Break-lots of pics and FPs (trip report); May 2011-BLT; March 2012 - FW Cabins; August 2012 - DCL Dream!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #62
INdisbound
Mouseketeer

Prices at Trading Posts

How are the food prices and selection at the Trading Posts? I am wondering if I should plan to buy our food (at least the cold food) there or if I should use one of the shopping services and have it delivered.

Thanks!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2008, 05:38 PM   #63
arielfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lklasing View Post
Sorry - I'm no help on that one. I hope they have it for you.
Thank you. I wonder if anyone else knows.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:42 PM   #64
parmtoo
Buzz & Woody's Gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by INdisbound View Post
How are the food prices and selection at the Trading Posts? I am wondering if I should plan to buy our food (at least the cold food) there or if I should use one of the shopping services and have it delivered.

Thanks!!

As I recall, food was rather pricey in the @ the trading post, but still cheaper then eating out for every meal.
We just booked our trip for Jan. 2-9, 09, and are planning on bringing alot of food with us. We are driving so it's easy to just pack a few coolers.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:40 AM   #65
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakamishi View Post
(If ya really think about it....if you're a Disney VIP are you gonna stay in a cabin at FW? lol! NO, I'm thinking POLY or GF at the very least. lol)
LOTS of Disney VIP's stay at the cabins. Mainly for privacy. Not having to walk through a lobby or public area every time you have to go somewhere helps avoid crowds, and also having your private transportation right outside your door is a big plus too.

Also 118 and 120 are rarely used to help the housekeepers. Since the other cabin loops are a good half a mile away from the 100 loop, the housekeepers have to have one of their supply carts towed all the way out so they can clean those 2 cabins. Sometimes FW will put people in them, but this is pretty rare and often requests for these are not able to be accomidated do to housekeeping staffing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielfan View Post
You seem to know alot about the cabins, by chance do you know if they have channel 96? That is my DD channel of choice. Thank you for your help.
Of course they do!

The TV's at FW have all the same channels as the other WDW resorts
Old 08-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #66
arielfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcKahuna View Post
Of course they do!

The TV's at FW have all the same channels as the other WDW resorts
I know alot of the hotel rooms do not get channel 96 which is the old cartoons. Thank you for your help.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:19 AM   #67
familygal
Earning My Ears

Preferred cabin/loop?

Hi. I am getting ready to book my reservation for Nov/Dec 2008. Is there a particular loop that I should request (or cabin)?

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #68
thomasclan85
DIS Veteran

Cabins with disabled access

Are the cabins with disabled access in one loop and spread throughout FW?
Old 09-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #69
lklasing
When being chased by a bear, you don't have to outrun the bear. You just have to outrun the other guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygal View Post
Hi. I am getting ready to book my reservation for Nov/Dec 2008. Is there a particular loop that I should request (or cabin)?

Thanks!
Are you getting a golf cart? If so, then there is little reason to prefer one loop over any other. If not, then you may want to request a loop near the pool or the bus stop. Also, you may want to request a cabin near the beginning of the loop as some of the loops are quite large and you could still have a fair walk to get to your cabin once you get back to your loop. But again, as long as you plan to use a GC, you can happily stay in any of the cabins in any loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasclan85 View Post
Are the cabins with disabled access in one loop and spread throughout FW?
I went on a run one day through most of the cabin loops when we were there in May and it appeared to me that the accessible cabins were spread through at least several of the loops. I don't think they are in each one, as I don't remember seeing any in our loop (2100), but there were lots in the 2300, 2500, 2700, and 2800 loops. They had a ramp to the deck and I believe some or all of them had bigger decks. Of course, I'm sure there were other modifications inside, but I didn't go in any so I can't fill you in on that.

Have a great trip!

Leslie
WDW Trips: Several as a child with parents and grandparents; June 2003-FW; May 2005-Poly GVC; May 2007-Poly GVC (trip report); May 2008-Fun at FW cabins (trip report); November 2008-Fun at the Fort-Thanksgiving Style (trip report); September 2009-Back to the Fort-Labor Day (trip report); March 2010-Spring Break-lots of pics and FPs (trip report); May 2011-BLT; March 2012 - FW Cabins; August 2012 - DCL Dream!
Old 09-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #70
Sxofus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLccweems View Post
I'm so glad I found this thread!! I was just talking about these cabins to my dh. He loved the idea and told me to check into them. What's the best rate anyone had ever gotten for them? We're looking at going June 27 2009...what sure I look for? I need help.....
We just got back. The cabins are great!!! We were in the 2500 loop - just a short walk to the quiet pool. We got the 40% off postcard, so it was $153 a night. We also got the bounceback for next year.

2006 - Sheraton Vistana
2007 - Contemporary
2008 - FW Cabins
2009 - SSR
2011 - FW Cabins

Old 09-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #71
thomasclan85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lklasing View Post
I went on a run one day through most of the cabin loops when we were there in May and it appeared to me that the accessible cabins were spread through at least several of the loops. I don't think they are in each one, as I don't remember seeing any in our loop (2100), but there were lots in the 2300, 2500, 2700, and 2800 loops. They had a ramp to the deck and I believe some or all of them had bigger decks. Of course, I'm sure there were other modifications inside, but I didn't go in any so I can't fill you in on that.

Have a great trip!

Leslie
Ok! Thanks for the reply!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:02 PM   #72
familygal
Earning My Ears

Take a boat from FW to????

The marina has a boat to MK, Contemporary and ________?

(fill in the blank please, I know I read it somewhere and I can't find it now)!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #73
zackiedawg
WEDway Peoplemover Rider

Wilderness Lodge.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:35 AM   #74
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxofus View Post
We just got back. The cabins are great!!! We were in the 2500 loop - just a short walk to the quiet pool. We got the 40% off postcard, so it was $153 a night. We also got the bounceback for next year.

I'm so jealous. We are paying $235/night!!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:16 AM   #75
parmtoo
Buzz & Woody's Gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
I'm so jealous. We are paying $235/night!!
We got $238 including tax for Jan. 09. Still hoping for a pin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: